Default So, It's been 4 months since the last I ran Toxic Treatment...

My position has not changed. I'M STILL THOROUGHLY CONVINCED ONE OF THE DEVELOPERS LEGITIMATELY HATES PLAYERS AND NEEDS TO RE-EVALUATE THEIR LIFE CHOICES.

This type of spiteful BS that is coming from the dev team has got to quit.

I waited 4 months, 4 GD month's before attempting this quest again at level with the same result. Not fun, NOT FLIPPING FUN AT ALL.

WHY THE OLY ELL CAN YOU NOT PUT THE SPITEFUL, HATEFUL BS ASIDE AND MAKE CHOICES FOR THIS AMAZING GAME THAT KEEP PLAYERS ENGAGED AND CHALLENGED?

THE "HATEFUL STARES" COULDN'T BE MORE APTLY NAMED AND ARE A REAL INDICATOR OF WHERE YOUR MIND IS AT.

Please, get some help. Talk to someone about your feelings and resolve them before designing more of this type of content.

YOU SHOULD BE ASKING YOURSELF WITH EACH AND EVERY GD DESIGN DECISION

"Will players enjoy this? Will they think it's fun? ARE THEY GOING TO LOSE ALL SENSE OF REASON AND SCREAM AT ME ON THE FORUMS?"

INSTEAD WE GET...

"HOW CAN I DESIGN THIS TO REALLY **** THE MAJORITY OF MY PLAYER BASE OFF"

"HOW CAN I TWIST THE STICK IN THE EYE EVEN DEEPER AND PUNISH PLAYERS"

"HOW CAN I DESIGN END FIGHTS/CONTENT THAT SHOWS HOW ANGRY I AM INSIDE"

As a DM I want my players to enjoy their time with me, enjoy the content, enjoy the story, feel engaged, feel heroic, be somewhere BESIDES the REAL WORLD with all the suffering, hatred and BS.

ENDFIGHTS LIKE THE ONE IN TOXIC TREATMENT IS PROOF POSITIVE THAT ONE OF Y'ALL REALLY NEEDS TO SEEK HELP.

NOBODY likes a mean spirited DM that enjoys punishing players for choosing to play D&D with them.

(And for those of you who like to say things like "Stop being a baby or Chill out"...well, I forgive you in advance because I understand your minds are broken too...)
    I am often cynical and say mean things. It's a WAI "Feature". Mokune (Guild Leader of Pandora's Box on Khyber), Iquitz, Returning, Thaumat, Ketzerisch, Xhiron, Koanoak et al...

I don't think I have this quest, I will make sure I do not buy the pack. I have most. Which pack is it?

Still there are some I do not own as yet, I will research as I just got more DDO points so will look to increase my portfolio.

I actually replied here mainly because you made me laugh!

thanks for that!

Quote Originally Posted by Feralthyrtiaq View Post
    My position has not changed. I'M STILL THOROUGHLY CONVINCED ONE OF THE DEVELOPERS LEGITIMATELY HATES PLAYERS AND NEEDS TO RE-EVALUATE THEIR LIFE CHOICES.

I waited 4 months, 4 GD month's before attempting this quest again at level with the same result. Not fun, NOT FLIPPING FUN AT ALL.

WHY THE OLY ELL CAN YOU NOT PUT THE SPITEFUL, HATEFUL BS ASIDE AND MAKE CHOICES FOR THIS AMAZING GAME THAT KEEP PLAYERS ENGAGED AND CHALLENGED?

THE "HATEFUL STARES" COULDN'T BE MORE APTLY NAMED AND ARE A REAL INDICATOR OF WHERE YOUR MIND IS AT.

Please, get some help. Talk to someone about your feelings and resolve them before designing more of this type of content.

"Will players enjoy this? Will they think it's fun? ARE THEY GOING TO LOSE ALL SENSE OF REASON AND SCREAM AT ME ON THE FORUMS?"

INSTEAD WE GET...

As a DM I want my players to enjoy their time with me, enjoy the content, enjoy the story, feel engaged, feel heroic, be somewhere BESIDES the REAL WORLD with all the suffering, hatred and BS.

ENDFIGHTS LIKE THE ONE IN TOXIC TREATMENT IS PROOF POSITIVE THAT ONE OF Y'ALL REALLY NEEDS TO SEEK HELP.

NOBODY likes a mean spirited DM that enjoys punishing players for choosing to play D&D with them.

(And for those of you who like to say things like "Stop being a baby or Chill out"...well, I forgive you in advance because I understand your minds are broken too...)
    G-land, member of Trys Paladium
    Main characters, Tymout, Tymkul, Tymbom, Tymantha

Quote Originally Posted by skorpeon View Post
    I don't think I have this quest, I will make sure I do not buy the pack. I have most. Which pack is it?

Still there are some I do not own as yet, I will research as I just got more DDO points so will look to increase my portfolio.

I actually replied here mainly because you made me laugh!

thanks for that!
    It is the DoR pack. Toxic Treatment and (now) Age of Rage difficulties are disproportionately difficult in the end fight compared to the rest of the quest. There are many other problems with the pack too, don't get me wrong.

Toxic Treatment is best done in a group for a variety of reasons:
    1)It's a big FU to solo'ists or people who play at odd hours. This one is definitely group friendly.
    2) The hedge is very annoying (as OP kinda points out). Not difficult, just extremely annoying.
    3) Thankfully the optional loot is just that, optional (and just random generated junk). Still have never completed this optional objective FYI.
    4) Umber Hulk's finally got fixed (took long enough) so I just put them here because on release, they annoyed/killed me a lot.
    5) End fight is BS. Even with multiple strategies being posted about it, it really is just a PITA.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoLionxxx View Post
    "I know Constitution isn't a dump stat, that's why I didn't dump any points into it. Why are you yelling?"
    "Less shinies and more durability!" - How to address the rampant Power Creep introduced into the game Update after Update

Default How to do end fight the SSG way...

After calming down and re-running the quest I got it all figured out.

The way we are intended to do this end fight is to drag boss to entrance of his lair and ddoor out. Run back to barrier and kill boss with any manner of cheese spells that hit mobs through walls, doors, barriers etc.

Now that the secret to completing this quest is disclosed *QUICK* RUN TO YOUR COMPUTERS AND DISABLE DDOOR IN THIS QUEST!!!

This is probably the quickest way to ensure this quest continues to frustrate and punish players. You can always change the way some spells and effects hit mobs (and us) through doors/barriers but y'all seem really busy effing the 'oly 'ess out of monks so really I'd recommend the ddoor approach
    I am often cynical and say mean things. It's a WAI "Feature". Mokune (Guild Leader of Pandora's Box on Khyber), Iquitz, Returning, Thaumat, Ketzerisch, Xhiron, Koanoak et al...

I don't have that packet yet, so I haven't found out what the OP is talking about, but I feel it's necessary to point out that the OP didn't detail any things wrong with the quest. I read the whole thing, and I have no clue what the problem is.
    Sarlona: Aramzim, Attickus, Behren, Daaghda, Darksyde, Fyggaro, Oldero
    Argonessen: Egyll, Ghrae, Mitrel, Physz, Sanjurow, Schaeleen
    Thelanis: Aarlyss, Eagynn | Ghallanda: Glooming | Khyber: Ghrae

Default A little info about the end fight

That bossfight follows a classic raid boss phase progression.

This means that the eyes spawn at fixed moments(boss %HP). What this imply is that if you burn down the boss, you'll get all 3 waves at the same time. So, the strategy is to focus the boss until the adds spawn, then rush behind a pillar, kill adds, then go behind another pillar, and so on. If you don't know this, you'll have problems even with a lvl 30 char on Elite/Reaper.

This is just a fight where you can't zerg the boss.

How to do the end fight for Toxic Treatment

• Realize the Boss is the least deadliest thing in there.
    • Trash Spawns occur when the bosses hit points reach a certain level. This is important as it helps you control when the spawns occur
    • Kill the spawns before you beat on the boss
    • The Eyes with their force damage are the deadliest, since two eyes spawn from each bipedal trash mob don't work to kill multiple bipedal mobs at the same time, kill one, kill the eyes move to the next one
    • Blindness effects will instant kill the eyes

This quest is one where the player(s) can actually make the end fight harder on themselves if they only concentrate on the boss. In my opinion this is a quest that actually penalizes the "DPS is King" mentality.

The endfight in TT is perfectly fine, but I guess you dont want to have to pay attention to what is happening around you and react to it. You only want to stand still in front of the boss and beat him down with autoattack without thinking.

Learn to play.

INSTEAD WE GET...

Buddy i think you need *put sunglasess on* a toxic treatment.

Community Member

With all those pillars they made toxic treatment manageable. The boss is not that bad. As long as you don't run around and aggro all the mobs it's fine. Save your best dps for the mobs and pick off a few at a time. Kill hateful stares first and know what spawns more hateful stares so you don't get too many at once. Make sure you have harper pin. I find the end fight of the previous quest tougher because the boss hits harder.

1. Take every source of light damage that you can possibly manage and kill the stupid eyes.
    2. Stand behind pillars in the corners and you are fairly safe from the boss, with a wide range of movement, then kill eyes with light, kill more eyes with light, kill more eyes with light etc.
    3. Once there are no more enemies hit the boss until there are more enemies.
    4. Stand behind pillars in the corners and you are fairly safe from the boss, with a wide range of movement, then kill eyes with light, kill more eyes with light, kill more eyes with light etc.
    5. Once there are no more enemies hit the boss until either he dies (go to 6) or there are more enemies (go to 4).
    6. Pick up quest completion object.

Nothing in the quest up until the end point suggests you might need Light damage, so it's a case of "if you don't know the end fight you will probably lose the end fight". Without Light damage, it can be done but takes longer.
    It ranks up there with my least favourite, unrelated & out of proportion with the quest that preceded it, end fights.
    Bettayne Brah'dukcc, Cleric of Lathander
    Today is the first day of the rest of your life
    For DDO Queries, check out ddowiki.com; New to the game? Head to the Newbie Guide

Toxic treatment is a great quest. Maybe even a "future classic." The boss fight is challenging, yes, but as noted with some tactics it's manageable.

People always come here and say they want challenges that don't involve simple number inflation. Well quests like TT deliver on that. If you prefer more solo zerg friendly quests with a lot of generic melee spawn encounters and a straightforward red name fight at the end there's plenty of quests for that.
    Sabathal and Sabbathiel of Sarlona

Quote Originally Posted by skorpeon View Post
    There are a few annoying parts, but it is not all bad, some parts are just frustrating rather than being difficult.

Quarantine - Scripted stuff is a bit annoying here

The Age of Rage - too small end room, and "fixed" safe spot. I really think fixing the perch was too much, id rather they designed bosses that have better targeting and a rotation of ranged, melee, casting attacks than to remove perches.

Toxic Treatment - the jungle part is annoying, end fight can be learned in a few trials, moderately difficult later on
    Winners get the gold, losers get the wisdom.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SerPounce View Post
    Toxic treatment is a great quest. Maybe even a "future classic." The boss fight is challenging, yes, but as noted with some tactics it's manageable.

People always come here and say they want challenges that don't involve simple number inflation. Well quests like TT deliver on that. If you prefer more solo zerg friendly quests with a lot of generic melee spawn encounters and a straightforward red name fight at the end there's plenty of quests for that.
    I disagree that it's not number inflation that's the problem. Light and force spells (from mobs) hit much harder than elemental sources because there are far fewer ways to mitigate it but they scale up just as much. If the eyeballs all shot firebolts it would be cake.

In general: there are lots of fights where adds spawn at 75% 50% 25% etc, it's managable but as others have said you have to think instead of wailing on the boss.

The main reason I don't run TT is not the end fight, it's the time killers to even get there.
    Last edited by Cantor; 09-16-2018 at 09:05 AM.

2016 DDO Players Council
    Hierophant of Vol

Default Disagree with this 100%

Not every quest has to be suited to a certain playstyle. I disagree you need a party to complete this quest, tactics yes... a full party... no. However, even if it did require a full party... THAT IS A GREAT! DDO is a multiplayer game where we work together to defeat the dungeons. The more peeps the better. It's not like EVERY quest is designed this way, but it's nice when some are.
    Griglok (main)- Cleric (TRing), Duelcore- Wiz 18/FvS 2, Embezzler- Rogue, Fiergen- Ftr 8/Rgr 6/Mnk 6, Greyhead- monk, Havegun- Ftr 2/Pal 18, Jayberwocky- Ftr 8/Mnk 12, Laciolux- Clr 16/FvS 4, Prototech- Artificer, Rendorc- Barbarian, Seasharp- Bard
    Leader- The Casual Obsession ___Khyber___

Quote Originally Posted by Enoach View Post
    How to do the end fight for Toxic Treatment

• Realize the Boss is the least deadliest thing in there.
    • Trash Spawns occur when the bosses hit points reach a certain level. This is important as it helps you control when the spawns occur
    • Kill the spawns before you beat on the boss
    • The Eyes with their force damage are the deadliest, since two eyes spawn from each bipedal trash mob don't work to kill multiple bipedal mobs at the same time, kill one, kill the eyes move to the next one
    • Blindness effects will instant kill the eyes

This quest is one where the player(s) can actually make the end fight harder on themselves if they only concentrate on the boss. In my opinion this is a quest that actually penalizes the "DPS is King" mentality.
    Actually, I mentioned this in the "many strategies posted on the forums."

A) Great they spawn at "% of health." Eye's do insane damage on EE/Reaper because it can't be negated. They now seem to have an AoE attack that is more prevalent (or at least I don't remember it as prevalent when the pack was released).
    B) You can damage/kill them as fast as you can "blind" them. I have only seen Druids able to blind them faster than simply DPS'ing down.
    C) Hiding behind pillars doesn't always work. It was a strategy I used extensively on release. Noticed "eye beams" and "Tyrant Eye" DoT attacks occasionally bend/ignore the edge of the pillar geometry. Could be related to one of the numerous patches with unintended consequences.
    D) This fight is best to do in group because of the un-resistable "beams." Multiple targets will help distribute un-mitigable damage. The fight is a PITA.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoLionxxx View Post
    "I know Constitution isn't a dump stat, that's why I didn't dump any points into it. Why are you yelling?"
    "Less shinies and more durability!" - How to address the rampant Power Creep introduced into the game Update after Update

Git gud, scrub

It's a multiplayer game
    Play with others
    Vishantii (priest of the silver flame)
    Kil (heroic and epic completionist)

Sarlona, Silver Flame Jokers

Quote Originally Posted by Vish View Post
    Git gud, scrub

It's a multiplayer game
    Play with others
    I like this dude