Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 23 of 23
  1. #21
    Community Member Tarnoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Renvar View Post
    If you are playing a cleric or FvS and can't heal AND do DC casting/offensive Casting/Melee simultaneously then the problem isn't with players like me.

    A good divine caster keeps other party members safe by destructing, slaying, imploding, frogging, greater commanding, and comet falling trash before it can touch them. On bosses, it is easy to toss some heals while DoTting the boss (or whatever DPS you want to use) or tossing some heals while kiting/killing trash spawns to keep them off the party.

    No divines are not just healers, but divines that don't heal are only using half their feature set. The question would be why? Would a barbarian refuse to rage? Would a Tempest refuse to TWF? Would a monk just refuse to use ki strikes and finishers? Would a druid decide to melee exclusively in human form? Would an artificer not equip a rune arm? Would a bard just obstinately decide "I NEVER play songs. EVER"? Would a paladin decide to never use smites or LoH? I mean, sure you could. But why? To what end? What is the point of self gimping your character and ignoring one of the core class benefits? ESPECIALLY a cleric. You don't even have to spend a spell slot on the spells. You get them for free. You just don't want to put them on a hot bar and click the buttons?

    By the same token, if all you do is heal and you don't also DC cast/offensive cast/melee then you are self limiting again and the party should boot you for someone who knows what they are doing and can use the full range of the class features.

    There is no class in the game that is strictly "a healer". Anyone who thinks otherwise doesn't really know how to play a divine caster.
    my cleric heals just by proxy and has a 108dc in reaper for necro high dc with boosts for frog and implosion too....i toss heals and a mass around a boss but clerics are for killing trash mostly and self healing and healing others,,,so boss damage ofcoarse but hardly that of the real dpser....but that is not what the cleric class is ...when i want my dps i play my ranger...........so in other words i totally agree with you...anyone on a cleric who wont heal in reaper should be booted for atleast real dps

  2. #22
    Community Member noobodyfool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    672

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Renvar View Post
    If you are doing group cooperative play (let's not use the pejorative "trinity play"), then why does your cleric/FvS have aggro (diplo much?) or why is your cleric/FvS standing anywhere near the players doing DPS? Enlarge is your friend.

    Sure there are a few encounters where the space is small or line of sight is limited or a specific boss has an AoE with an abnormally large radius (possibly covering the entire encounter space), but those are the 2-3%. Not the 97-98%.

    I don't think we need a dev solution to what is basically a game play/skill issue.

    Also, my FvS can self heal well enough on high skulls the few times it is needed. It is more likely to take no damage or get 1-shotted than it is need healing and be unable to heal up quickly.

    EDIT: If they did do something for reaper self healing and attach it to "healers" I'd rather see it be something in the Core 6 of Beacon of Hope and Radiant Servant (that only works in combination with a Tier 5 enhancement in the same tree). Lock the player into a build choice that limits offensive casting or melee ability. Pure 20 Cleric/FvS with at least 41 points and Tier 5 in RS or Beacon would mean a non-optimal DC caster or a non-optimal DPS character or a non-optimal tank.

    Your option could allow a Cleric/Arti/Pally tank with a ton of HP/temp HP that can self heal in reaper. Just stand there and spam self heal through damage while intiming. It would significantly ease several end game raid encounters or R10 end game encounters.
    +1 but let's give shield fighters some love

  3. #23
    Community Member MasterKernel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    177

    Angry

    Quote Originally Posted by Renvar View Post
    If you are playing a cleric or FvS and can't heal AND do DC casting/offensive Casting/Melee simultaneously then the problem isn't with players like me.
    Who said I can't ? I don't want to ! I choose to play the role of a damage dealer, not a healer.
    And yes, it's your problem. Players like you do not even try to ask if I would heal them but simply assume I would. Sorry, but no.

    Quote Originally Posted by Renvar View Post
    Would a barbarian refuse to rage? Would a Tempest refuse to TWF? Would a monk just refuse to use ki strikes and finishers? Would a druid decide to melee exclusively in human form? Would an artificer not equip a rune arm? Would a bard just obstinately decide "I NEVER play songs. EVER"? Would a paladin decide to never use smites or LoH?
    You've literally described all of my characters that I had over the last 6 years.

    Quote Originally Posted by Renvar View Post
    What is the point of self gimping your character and ignoring one of the core class benefits? ESPECIALLY a cleric. You don't even have to spend a spell slot on the spells. You get them for free. You just don't want to put them on a hot bar and click the buttons?
    Because I want to !

    Quote Originally Posted by Renvar View Post
    By the same token, if all you do is heal and you don't also DC cast/offensive cast/melee then you are self limiting again and the party should boot you for someone who knows what they are doing and can use the full range of the class features.
    Yeah. And you should stop telling other people how to play the game.
    They won't do it anyway, because they play for themselves not to please you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload