Default Spell School Items & Augments - Do They Stack?

I crafted an item with Evocation and Insightful Evocation. If I stick the ML16 Topaz of Evocation into it, will it stack with the item effects?
    "Swords will cut you wide open!" - Trip Fisk

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dulcimerist View Post
    I crafted an item with Evocation and Insightful Evocation. If I stick the ML16 Topaz of Evocation into it, will it stack with the item effects?
    Yes. The augments stack with everything, and you should slot them for every spell school that you care about.

Default what?

Quote Originally Posted by asdfghhjkl View Post
    Yes. The augments stack with everything, and you should slot them for every spell school that you care about.
    Well slotting an evocation augment will not stack with an evocation item as far as I know. Have I misunderstood how augments work?
    G-land
    Main characters, Tymout, Tymkul, Tymbom, Tymantha etc...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by skorpeon View Post
    Well slotting an evocation augment will not stack with an evocation item as far as I know. Have I misunderstood how augments work?
    You have. The augments for Spell Focus and Great Spell Focus stack with everything but each other, so that's an extra 2 to your DCs that you could be using.

Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter

Default Stacking ~ Bee Careful

Quote Originally Posted by Dulcimerist View Post
    Augments don't always stack. Bonus of the same type don't stack, be careful. Bonuses of different types stack. Here is a quick example of good stacking (they are different types) :

EDIT ~ I swapped augments, so you can see good stacking in context of spell DC augments. All of these stack, because their bonuses are of different types:

Last edited by Livmo; 09-16-2018 at 09:38 AM.