Thread: Daunting Roar

Default Daunting Roar

Does anyone know off the top of their head whether any feats/items affect the DC of Daunting Roar from the Draconic Incarnation destiny? If so, which ones? Most fear effects are Necromancy, but I could see an argument for it being Enchantment, too.

Of course, it's one of those lovely abilities that doesn't DISPLAY its DC, so you just have to GUESS.

Not an answer to your question, but I just realized that since it doesn't appear to be tied to a spell school, and just the raw ability mod, I might be able to twist this effectively onto my melee artificer - thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Pshaw, when have we ever done something like that before. DDO is bug free, I assure you.
    That's not lag, it's just DDO trying to become turn-based again.

Community Member

School spells won't increase the dc of daunting roar, but draconic presence will and theoretically any other item/ability that increases DC of fear-based spells.

While there is no way to confirm it I also believe some but not all generic dc boosts will raise the DC. Since there is no DC displayed it's hard to identify which ones, but when etr was a new thing I ran it on both my wizard and assassin that were both high int (about the same) and it worked decidedly better on my wizard. When nightmother sceptre was new I tried it with the sceptre and it didn't seem like I was getting the full benefit of the sceptre, but it seemed like I was getting some bonuses from some of my generic items, but again there was no way to confirm.