Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Community Member thomascoolone64's Avatar

Default Can i get a Petition for everyone to /sign on Monks' behalf?

People tell me Monks are in a Good Spot, they dont need any changes at all! Please leave them alone! There are other things More Important than class changes! (Monk Specifically).

So Please /sign this! I want to actually push this against the Monk changes coming!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post

"Ignore the text in the Lamannia launcher claiming to be from Middle Earth. Wat?"

Quote Originally Posted by thomascoolone64 View Post
    People tell me Monks are in a Good Spot, they dont need any changes at all! Please leave them alone! There are other things More Important than class changes! (Monk Specifically).

So Please /sign this! I want to actually push this against the Monk changes coming!
    Well all the dps tests people make hitting a dummy and acting like it's relevant are pretty much meaningless. How long you live as a squishy melee character definitely plays a large role. Rogues and monks should have way more dps than other melee characters. As should most casters. The guy with 129 past lives isn't really in a position to constructively comment on class balance of any sort, probably worse anecdotal evidence than dummy tests.

but monks are absurdly op and still will be after this change. This sounds like a good first step but many more nerfs are needed.

Community Member thomascoolone64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Satyriasys View Post
    but monks are absurdly op and still will be after this change. This sounds like a good first step but many more nerfs are needed.
    Lawl, You are absuuurrdly hilarious man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post

"Ignore the text in the Lamannia launcher claiming to be from Middle Earth. Wat?"

Quote Originally Posted by thomascoolone64 View Post
    Lawl, You are absuuurrdly hilarious man.
    Just because you or others are bad at monks, doesn't change fact that monks have absurd DPS and survivability compared to other classes and needs balancing.

Community Member

I'd like to see their actual data.

i will sign your "petition" , but it wont do any good. Devs have proven they don't really care what the customers have to say with the unneeded ridiculous Hp boost monstrosity. They will go through with their plans, nerf or otherwise no matter what we have to say. Honestly at this point I think they are just trying to anger their customers. Maybe the devs have a bet going to see how much they can push things before it all collapses, who knows?

Ena the Paladin: Goddess of Light! *points up into the sky* What is that???

Sophie the Cat Burglar: Whoa! Maybe it's a shooting star.

Pierce the Pale Master: Ladies, I am inclined to believe we are witnessing the terminal descent of a common agriculture ungulate from a point of origin located somewhere in the thermosphere.

Willi the Warlock: Common, lich! Common!

Ena the Paladin: Pierce, I am not sure what that means.

Pierce the Pale Master: It is a cow falling from orbit.

Sophie the Cat Burglar: Ooooooooh.

Ena the Paladin: We need to get everyone out of the...ahh....

Vexa the Dagger: Splat zone?

Ena the Paladin: Yes!

Pierce the Pale Master: Based on the current position of major celestial bodies, factoring for our longitudinal location, and compensating for atmospheric mass displacement in the upper stratosphere, I estimate the cow will land, oh, right about...there. *the pale master points at a nearby monk temple*

Willie the Warlock: Well about &^$%%$ time. Feel the hurt, fist boys.

Ena the Paladin: Sophie, we need to run over there and warn them!

Pierce the Male Master: Ladies, as much as I enjoy watching the two of you run from an advantageous vantage point affording a clear view of your posteriors, based on the animal's current hyperbolic trajectory and factoring for Sophie's maximum rate of acceleration and sustained velocity over the necessary 500 meters, you cannot accomplish your desired course of action.

*the cow crashes into the monk temple sending debris in all directions and a plume of dust high into the sky*

Willie the Warlock: *pumps his fists in the air* Direct hit! Feel the suck!

Ena the Paladin: Come on, Sophie, we need to help any survivors!

Sophie the Cat Burglar: *runs with Ena to the temple*

Willie the Warlock: Stupid care bears.

Pierce the Pale Master: *watches Ena and Sophie in a trance like state, coming out of it as Willie speaks* Did you say something?

*meanwhile*

Sophie the Cat Burglar: This is horrible! Dead monks everywhere!

Ena the Paladin: We must lay to rest these unfortunate monks and supplicate to their strange gods, in hopes they will grant mercy and protection to their souls in the afterlife.

Nerf the Cow: Nnneeeeerrrrffffff!

Vexa the Dagger: Was that a...

Nerf the Cow: Nnneeeeerrrrffffff! *a rather disoriented cow, covered in dust, stumbles out of the ruined temple towards the onlookers*

Vexa the Dagger: Now what are the odds of that?

Pierce the Pale Master: *approaches the ladies* While numerous transient variables prevent absolute fixation upon a precise figure, I would place the number at 1,247,987,263,103 to one.

Sophie the Cat Burglar: Wow! That is one lucky cow!

Nerf the Cow: *spots a surviving monk emerging from the destroyed temple* *the cow's eyes glow red, her skin becoming black as soot, and she changes the hapless adventurer, trampling and killing him instantly*

Ena the Paladin: Lady of Light!

Sophie the Cat Burglar: Holy cow!

Vexa the Dagger: I've seen a few farm animals in my time and that cow aint holy.

Willie the Warlock: Run, you stupid care bears! It's a nerf cow! *stands back from the women and lich*

Nerf the Cow: *turns back to normal and issues a mournful sound* Nnneeeeerrrrffffff!

Sophie the Cat Burglar: Maybe she's just disoriented and scared.

Vexa the Dagger: Disoriented and scared? She just turned into Demon Cow and one-shot that monk.

Sophie the Cat Burglar: Well, if you fell from orbit and landed on a monk temple, you might get a little upset, too.

Vexa the Dagger: If I fell from orbit and survived, I would buy some lottery tickets. I would not just up and kill some random person.

*everyone looks at Vexa*

Vexa the Dagger: Okay. I would probably kill some random people.

Sophie the Cat Burglar: *carefully approaches the cow* It's all right, sweety. We are not here to hurt you. We just want to help. What's your name?

Pierce the Pale Master: While I am not currently fluent in any form of ungulate proto-language, I feel somewhat confident the animal said, "Nnneeeeerrrrffffff!".

Sophie the Cat Burglar: I think we should call her Nerf and find her a good home.

Willie the Warlock: Don't bring that Demon Cow near me!

Ena the Paladin: The histories of my order tell tale of a terrible black cow of deadly continence who decimated the paladins of yore. Could this be the same infernal creature?

Vexa the Dagger: Did the cow that decimated your order come from orbit.

Ena the Paladin: It was a creature black as midnight, a cow full of anger and rage that fell from the sky and decimated the paladins of our Lady.

Vexa the Dagger: I am going to call that a, "Yes". Sophie, step away from the cow.

Sophie the Cat Burglar: *pulls a dark colored blouse from her pack and uses it to fashion crude blinders which she slips over the head of the cow* No. I am taking her home until we find her a good home.

Ena the Paladin: Sophie, I think Vexie is right. That cow may be pure evil.

Sophie the Cat Burglar: She is not pure evil. She is just misunderstood.

Willie the Warlock: Misunderstood! Do you have any idea how many warlocks that cow killed?

Vexa the Dagger: I am big enough to admit when I am wrong. A cow that killed that any warlocks must be some kind of saint.

Ena the Paladin: But Vexie, what about all the paladins she killed?

Vexa the Dagger: Everyone has bad days.

Willie the Warlock: That's it. I'm out.

Pierce the Pale Master: Perhaps prudence dictates sojourning the hooved herbivore in a secure enclosure.

Sophie the Cat Burglar: Right! We better find a barn.

Last edited by Annex; 09-15-2018 at 01:56 AM.
    Sophie the Cat Burglar - Creator, Dreamer, Explorer - Happy yet Sad - Seeker of Beauty and Wonder
    I wish you all many happy adventures! Good bye!

Default It is not monk, it is 2 stereotypes

Monk Shintao with wraps are good, godly ..if grinded out relevant stuff.
    Monk Ninja with shuriken are good, near godly .. -//-

Monk Henshin with quarterstaff is mmhokay maybe, still wouldn't play one.
    Monk as a splash? Yeah, works fine for a couple of builds.
    Monk anything else? Nope.. not really

Seems like it is handwrap bonuses in Shintao, and shuriken fire rate stacking, more than anything... why nerf already lacking ninjas and henshins because handwrap monks are over performing? This has been pointed out in the previous round as well.

/signed.

the change is not necessary, currently the monks do no more damage than other melees top-tier. What's more, they have two underpowered combat styles.

There is much more to be done than this. The arcanes have been waiting for their pass for years. There are EDs that have never been reviewed and need urgent review. What the hell, if they want to continue with melees, the tactical feats need a revision, and they should review the mess they have created with power surge.

And if they still want to lower the monk's damage (something I do not think is appropriate at this point), changing the basic class is not the solution. changes should be focused on auxiliary feats, enhancements and gear. The monk should improve his damage with the class levels; another class in handwraps should be lower in dps, in the same way that a monk should be lower in dps with non-monk weapons. And it's a traditional D&D feature, designers should not forget the roots of the game. Many of us are here because of that.

So it's a bad decision. And a horrible implementation. And after the horrible implementation of the epic defensive fighthing feat, which is the worst they could have done, they should not fall back into these types of mistakes
    English is not my native language. Sorry for the mistakes.

I haven't played a monk yet in DDO, but Monks by design (3e D&D) are meant to be very high damage against single targets.
    Changes that balance things out within and between trees, without changing overall power, are fine. Changes that reduce power for "perceived balance" are generally going to be counterproductive in the long run.
    Bettayne Brah'dukcc, Cleric of Lathander
    Today is the first day of the rest of your life

For DDO Queries, check out ddowiki.com; New to the game? Head to the Newbie Guide

/not signed

Monks have always been miles in the lead of melees and the changes still put then in the lead. Only 4 miles ahead instead of 5 is just not a concern.

I would much rather see time and effort put into balancing out and improving the other melees and more unbalanced classes. These all wiz/warlock/monk groups are a bore to run with.
    "Shut up and die like a wizard"

Default Overpowered is bad. Nerf is a necessity.

There are many who hear the word nerf and immediately go in to panic mode.

The problem with the never-nerf concept is that the game is always drifting towards unplayability.

The game gets too easy then we are forced to do something drastic like reaper mode. What's next double reaper mode?

In my firm opinion, every update should come with nerfs and buffs.

When your class gets too powerful, it gets nerfed. Live with it or play something else.

Whatever is generally seen as overpowered should be nerfed.

Whatever is generally seen as weak should be buffed.

Sometimes the nerfs might go overboard.

Sometimes the buffs will go overboard too.

They just get corrected in the next update.

Having godlike toons is bad for the game.

Having a whole bunch of under-powered classes that no one plays or noobs get stuck in is bad for the game.

If the only way you can enjoy this game is having an overpowered class then you are missing what most of this game is about.

I suggest a class named "The One" that simply killls everything in a room with one punch. The drawback is "The One" can only solo. I bet we would see most of the OP monks and warlocks drift over to "The One" and the rest of us could have a balanced game without all the fuss.

A monk is all about balance anyway. Any true monk would strive for balance in all things, including this game.

They didn't post the upcoming Monk changes for feedback or our opinion. In this sense, they are the same or worse than Turbine/WB. They posted it so those individuals who can knock out PL's insanely fast have the opportunity and for those players who may be effected by this change can begin contemplating if they want to TR or not.

No clue if they are even listening or hearing the Players Council at this point. O'well, enjoy the game. It is what I have been focusing on (or trying my damnedest to do at least)
    Quote Originally Posted by hp1055cm View Post
    They have been tweaking the game since I started and often I disagree with them. They focus on wrong stuff, over or under compensate and abandon too much stuff. Every once in awhile they get something right, if only temporarily.

Let's see they took fighters and unceremoniously dropped them to the curb, Lost many players in last few days because of it.

If they did that to monks, then each server would look like a ghost town.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxtan View Post
    I have only been playing a little over a year, I have learned a lot more about how to really play DDO in a few days vs. grind DDO in a year, and it is much more entertaining. I hope HC never ends.

Default This is an over reaction and exageration

\Signed

This is not needed.

A spell pass is much more needed and relevant. In addition how long are wizards and sorcerers expected to wait?

I agree all none caster classes need tweaks here and there but this should be done as a universal tweak pass once a spell pass and ED pass has been done.

Also why are we bothering piling on nerf after nerf when we have abilities that are broken or plain don't work? When was the last time anyone saw a swash buckler thrower?

The question is WHERE do devs feel monks are OP.

If the answer is only at level 30 for min/max builds, take care of this through the next set of gear, or through things that only affect level 30. (Give monks +10% handwrap power for level 30 gear in the next paid expansion when you give everyone else +25%)

If the answer is only at level 21-30, take care of this through epic destiny, or a combination of nerf/buff that doesn't affect heroics.

If the answer is everywhere, then monks may need a nerf - assuming there are not bigger fish to fry.

If the design goal is to have all gear progress the same way and be balanced, and this requires the nerf, please throw monks a bone and give them something really cool in the next update (handwrap with new finishing move, handwrap with new ability, handwrap with +50 to trip, etc). Do this for each tree that is negatively effected.

If the design goal is to prevent players from acquiring rewards too quickly, change the design goal to making a fun and engaging game. I already lost stealth from irrational fear that this would happen in any good reaper design.
    Last edited by nokowi; 09-15-2018 at 10:17 AM.
    It's much easier to demonize those providing feedback (whining, childish, bringing the forums down, etc) or minimize their voice (small number, vocal, etc) than to accept the fact that the agro/stealth system just missed the mark.
    A good company learns to listen to their customers.

Quote Originally Posted by K_9 View Post
    When was the last time anyone saw a swash buckler thrower?
    Last time I saw a swashbuckler thrower was when a friend of mine known for doing flavorbuilds with trapping wanted to try out vistanii with throwing knives.

The main problem is that non-shuriken throwers will essentially always be worse then shuriken throwers unless something incredible is done; and bard can't multiclass monk.

So back on topic; Endgame monks might deserve that much damage reduction but doing it via reducing base dice in the class is certainly the wrong way to do it; so /signed.

And they're not miles ahead of other classes... I was doing a bit of theorycrafting; and I made a swashbuckler that was comperable to a monk on all metrics (not quite as good in most of them; but numbers that one could compare on a pro/con scale not a blown out of the water scale, and significantly ahead in some metrics).
    Selvera: Half elf Fvs 20; Healer archer with a bit more of a damage build then usual
    Jen: Half Elf Fvs 20/Epic 10; Healer Archer with a more supportive build then usual
    Mayve: Tiefling Sorc 16; Just a pastlife for an alt

Default Cry for the Indians

Indians are cool

o wait this is about monks or is it ?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Annex View Post
    Are you sure Nerf is a cow? Maybe Nerf is a separated Siamese Elephant?

Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast