Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Update 40 Lamannia Preview Schedule

Hello, all!

It's that time again where we start looking to roll out preview's of the next DDO update. We currently plan on having two previews for Update 40:

Update 40 Preview 1
    • Expected Dates
      • Tuesday September 18th - Thursday September 20th
    • Expected Features
      • Racial Variant: Wood Elf
      • Visible Cloaks and Cosmetic Cloak Slot
      • Revamped Night Revels
        • New Crypt Public Area (Hub area for Night Revels Festival)
        • New Private Instance version of the Night Revels Graveyard (For collecting Keys to the other Night Revels content)
        • New Night Revels challenge dungeon "Gravework" (Spooky variant of "Framework")
      • Loot
        • New Raid Loot (Note: The raid itself is not expected to be available for preview in preview 1)
        • New Night Revels Rewards
        • Revamped "Sentinels of Stormreach" Named Loot
      • Assorted smaller changes and bug fixes
    • Preview 1 Specific Notes
      • There is a very real chance Preview 1 will not be available on Mac. This is due to work being done to improve the Mac client in general that, at this moment, is not complete. We apologize for the potential inconvenience this may cause. Mac will, for sure, be supported in Preview 2.

Update 40 Preview 2
    • Expected Dates
      • Tuesday September 25th - Thursday September 27th
    • Expected Features
      • All of the features from Preview 1
      • New Cap Level Raid
      • New Night Revels challenge dungeon "Eternity Unleashed" (6 person challenge revamp of the old Mabar Eternity raid)
    • Preview 2 Specific Notes
      • We are really looking to get some good meaty feedback on the fun and challenge presented in the new Raid. If you are part of a group that raids on Live, we would love it if you could coordinate a group of your friends to all come out on one of the days of preview 2 and give the new raid a realistic veteran runthrough!

Specific feedback threads will be posted when these previews go live. I hope to see you all roaming around the test dojo and the new night revels crypt both next week and the week after!

Please Note All dates and features listed in this thread are subject to change as we attempt to nail down stable features and builds.
    Last edited by Cocomajobo; 09-14-2018 at 06:38 PM. Reason: And just like that, Revamped Sentinels loot made it into preview 1!
    Tell me about any and all bugs you encounter by clicking here!

NOTE: Submitting a bug in this manner is not a quick fix for past occurrences; it is instead a means of bringing issues to our attention to prevent future occurrences for both you and others. Providing detailed information, especially specifics about your account and character as well as what steps you took leading up to the issue, are critical to us being able to pinpoint the cause of any problems you have encountered.

Talking OMG! is Happening?! )OoO()O0O()OoO()O0O(

Wait a minute ... I did not read well

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    [*]Expected Features
    • Racial Variant: Wood Elf
    OMG! But really?! is it really happening? with U40 over you have visible cloaks will arrive the first racial variant for the elves ?! OMG but it is really exciting! OMG... I hope only you guys will give more details about this type of functionality / new race / Variante soon coming on lammania.

In general, as I thought the U40 will be centered on the Halloween event, but I do not understand if the raid is part of the event or is a separate thing and then you will have to buy via DDOP... all in all I'm really impressed by this that will come with U40, on the fact of the revamp of the booty of "Sentinels of Stormreach" I think you will follow the same philosophical line made with the Carnival of U39 there will therefore be a revamp of the epic items but only of the heroic ones to make them in line with the recent updates, after that I imagine that with U41 or in the future there will be a further tweaking of the heroic loot of Demon Sand and other old epic contents maybe... but I believe besides Sentinel and Demon sand there are no other contents with heroic names not updated... this will then be seen.

Returning to the wood Elf ... if I'm not mistaken it was said that the variant used a different model from the normal elf in play, this means a step towards a revamping of the models of the characters?
    "It's time for epic adventures!"

Quote Originally Posted by Fenix93 View Post
    Wait a minute ... I did not read well

OMG! But really?! is it really happening? with U40 over you have visible cloaks will arrive the first racial variant for the elves ?! OMG but it is really exciting! OMG... I hope only you guys will give more details about this type of functionality / new race / Variante soon coming on lammania.

In general, as I thought the U40 will be centered on the Halloween event, but I do not understand if the raid is part of the event or is a separate thing and then you will have to buy via DDOP... all in all I'm really impressed by this that will come with U40, on the fact of the revamp of the booty of "Sentinels of Stormreach" I think you will follow the same philosophical line made with the Carnival of U39 there will therefore be a revamp of the epic items but only of the heroic ones to make them in line with the recent updates, after that I imagine that with U41 or in the future there will be a further tweaking of the heroic loot of Demon Sand and other old epic contents maybe... but I believe besides Sentinel and Demon sand there are no other contents with heroic names not updated... this will then be seen.

Returning to the wood Elf ... if I'm not mistaken it was said that the variant used a different model from the normal elf in play, this means a step towards a revamping of the models of the characters?
    From what I gather of the wood elf variant, it's just a re-texture of the regular elf race with (I'd guess) more browns, greens, and golds for color options. The devs said in a recent stream that it's not a new race and that each sub-race/variant would be exactly like its parent race so there's no need for new past lives, etc. Hopefully these won't cost DDOpoints.
    Primary Home: Argonnessen
    Also known as: Archarias, Ishtaris, Arthies, Artharias, Astanius, and Fidgity.

Quote Originally Posted by HastyPudding View Post
    From what I gather of the wood elf variant, it's just a re-texture of the regular elf race with (I'd guess) more browns, greens, and golds for color options. The devs said in a recent stream that it's not a new race and that each sub-race/variant would be exactly like its parent race so there's no need for new past lives, etc. Hopefully these won't cost DDOpoints.
    What I know is not a real new breed but the variant of an existing one, and then it is not true that it will have the same model of the normal elf will have a new design so I'm curious to see how it will be, but I agree with the fact that I hope this does not cost DDOP and then we go the elf and a free race after all ..

Is it possible to extend the preview time? I mean 3 days during the week ... that's ... ugh. how on earth shall it be possible to test thoroughly?
    Beste, Titus. Don't do the fun wrong || New to Orien? Join Titan Channel || Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder ||

Great. This is the kind of thing that designers should focus on. I look forward to seeing all these changes.

Coco, do you know if there is any chance of seeing high elf / gray elf variant in the future? It's something elven lovers have been wanting for a long time, and the only high elf that there is at the moment is an iconic blocked after a cleric's level (the most anti-iconic thing I can think of *sigh*) Say yes and you will give me the first joy a designer has given me in a long time!
    English is not my native language. Sorry for the mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Iriale View Post
    Great. This is the kind of thing that designers should focus on. I look forward to seeing all these changes.

Coco, do you know if there is any chance of seeing high elf / gray elf variant in the future? It's something elven lovers have been wanting for a long time, and the only high elf that there is at the moment is an iconic blocked after a cleric's level (the most anti-iconic thing I can think of *sigh*) Say yes and you will give me the first joy a designer has given me in a long time!
    Actually it would be nice to have an Elf variant moon Elf / High Elf and Eladrin... in general if SSG follows the razz variants of the 5th-3.5 edition they should be on the safe side, the elves from what I have noticed and the race with more sowing on D & D beyond the elves have as many as 12 variants of which the Drow in the 5th edition and considered a variant.

Was hoping to see arcane past in U40, but to see a new raid and new stuff for night revels.

Would think likely to be U41 now?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by HuneyMunster View Post
    Was hoping to see arcane past in U40, but to see a new raid and new stuff for night revels.

Would think likely to be U41 now?
    Yeah, more class work would be nice. I was also hoping to see a new volume of the monster manual. It's been over 2 years since they added the last one.

• Racial Variant: Wood Elf.

Racial Variant?

So, is this just a cosmetic thing?

What becomes of the 2 races of elves that we have now?

This race will be good at what?

To be honest, wood elves at the it's face value in todays game looks like "fluff".

Quote Originally Posted by Lagin View Post
    [/LIST][/LIST]

Racial Variant?

So, is this just a cosmetic thing?

What becomes of the 2 races of elves that we have now?

This race will be good at what?

To be honest, wood elves at the it's face value in todays game looks like "fluff".
    While I like having more diversity and options, I agree with this.

I understand Kalashtar is a major undertaking but Shifters should be as easy as "wood elves," I think.
    WF Scouts (smaller more nimble WF variant) should be as easy too.
    FINALLY... GNOMES!!!

NOW Bring in... WARFORGED SCOUTS!!!

if the night revel thing has a requirement to open, please provide what ever is required to enter so we can do multiple QA test runs.

Just saw this on face book.

Kelerak (42 Lives/17 Epic) Kellraiser (15 Lives/4 Epic)

Quote Originally Posted by Kerthyn View Post

Please tell me this has a red variant color too.

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Yamani View Post
    Please tell me this has a red variant color too.
    *waves hands* WISH GRANTED
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    *waves hands* WISH GRANTED
    So this is what wood elves look like too. Just saw the actual facebook post too and saw the meantion of it being a wood elf.

Quote Originally Posted by cocomajobo View Post
    preview 1 specific notes

• there is a very real chance preview 1 will not be available on mac. This is due to work being done to improve the mac client in general that, at this moment, is not complete. We apologize for the potential inconvenience this may cause. Mac will, for sure, be supported in preview 2.

does very happy happy dance over this!!!!
    "Sorry Elminster, it was really dark, and I'd drank a LOT of coffee..."

I've got some trick or treating to do
    Thanks for the new raid
    Vishantii (the bird man)
    Kil (heroic and epic completionist)

Sarlona, Heart of Wisdom

Quote Originally Posted by Kerthyn View Post

that looks lovely! I like that cloaks so much

I would very much like to see the mabar cloak...

And I like a lot MORE the faces of those elves than elven faces in the game! I hope it is a possible model also for the standard elf
    Last edited by Iriale; 09-15-2018 at 06:10 PM.
    English is not my native language. Sorry for the mistakes.

Community Member

[*][*]New Cap Level Raid
    Can you put the raid in heroics as well? It has been awhile...
    Last edited by Tilomere; 09-15-2018 at 06:34 PM.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast