Default DDO - Stormreach Limited Edition Unboxing

Yes, the title says it all!
    Here is an unboxing of a 2006 ddo limited edition...
    Enjoy, and sorry for camera quality
    ~Started Playing DDO - 6th June 2011 (Joined Forums In 2014)
    ~Guild - Epic Fail (Orien) Since Monday 24th July 2017
    ~What Class I Play - Swashbuckler Mix Warchanter Bard
    ~Youtube (Fansite) -
    https://www.youtube.com/user/BrandonPitney

Community Manager

Neat!
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

I won one of these eBay back a few years back, and the seller never sent it.. never got my money back either, now that I think of it.. Thanks for the video..
    "Denn Die Toten Reiten Schnell"
    "For The Dead Travel Fast"

Quote Originally Posted by Draculetta View Post
    I won one of these eBay back a few years back, and the seller never sent it.. never got my money back either, now that I think of it.. Thanks for the video..
    Now you know who the seller was!!!

joking aside, that is fun to see. I think SSG ought to consider creating objects like this that are not just a Tshirt. They are fun. Miniatures with 3D printing is easy now...So many things that could be just a nice touch that references PnP for eyesake.
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist), Naerfelka (farmer), Saelegion (parked level 4)
    Quote Originally Posted by Annex View Post
    Hope extinguished leaves fading memories of better times.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Neat!
    She is a beauty!
    ~Youtube (Fansite) -

Quote Originally Posted by Draculetta View Post
    Damm, sorry to hear!
    ~Youtube (Fansite) -

Quote Originally Posted by Saekee View Post
    Now you know who the seller was!!!

joking aside, that is fun to see. I think SSG ought to consider creating objects like this that are not just a Tshirt. They are fun. Miniatures with 3D printing is easy now...So many things that could be just a nice touch that references PnP for eyesake.
    Definitely! That would be awesome for us die-hard fans!
    ~Youtube (Fansite) -

“If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.” ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    ~Youtube (Fansite) -

Wow, very kool!

I would love to see a Playmat or a cloth mat made with some DDO stuff.
    I'm Canniths Vileone, a 3x Completionist Heroic, Iconic & Epic ("Uber Completionist"). A collector of pets, and a seeker of treasure. If you need anything, help or just want to chat, send me a tell.

Great find with the Stormreach Limited Edition box with the plastic still on it! Heard about the unboxing on DDO Players, sorry to hear that Drac didn't get that box he had ordered back in the day.

Going through the video, it would be really cool if you could actually add some of those images close up, maybe just camera images to this thread. (I know, annoying request, only if you have the time!! O/ )
    Here are a few points I thought were interesting:
    - that original character selection screen would be amazing to see close up
    - the key bind layout sheet looks very special too, it reminds me of games from in the 90's with key bind information, nowadays everything is manageable through the UI so a poster isn't necessary
    - that Stormreach map looks amazing! From what I can see Lordsmarch and House Kundarak are on opposite sides, did they switch at some point in game? Maybe Market is facing the wrong way in the image as well
    - That miniature looks great, what did you say it was, a 'Deathlock'? It looked like there was some details of the figure on the card on the back, does that have anything to do with DDO at all?
    - the artwork and music would be worth it for another video as well as you mentioned
    - I think a look through the manual might be worth a video too, it would be an interesting look at what the developers thought would be important for players to know at the very start of the game when level 10 was cap. The information would be dated but that gap would be very interesting to show how the game had progressed over time

I did a bit of looking around and was able to find some Youtube videos on the Dragonshard game as well, their take on Eberron is pretty neat. I'll add one link for reference to points added below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3tPdGvPDi8

Their take on the Lyrandar Airship at the :14 mark was pretty cool. The UI layout kind of reminds me of the Baldurs Gate games and characters on the selection screen look very close to WOW. One of the characters is a Warforged but it actually looks like a Warforged Titan, (0:56) imagine trying to get one of those around Stormreach! Game play itself looks like the earlier Warcraft games. Most will probably write it off as some older iteration of a D&D PC game but they had something DDO still does not have - ETTINS!!! (found at the 5:50 mark) Finally, their take on the Gelatinous Cube monster at the 12:02 mark is pretty hilarious.

Well, enough with the digression there. I'll finish with a shout out to Axel who put together a similar unboxing a couple months ago:
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ysical-Release

Not a Limited Edition box but interesting to see the difference as it might be a US version where Band's is a UK version?

Fine work guys!
    Last edited by Grandern_Marn; 09-21-2018 at 07:54 AM.
    Breaking boxes since 2011
    Characters: Grandern Marn / Yazmirr Grezztl / Vexir Bristleblade / Zappinaizah Subatrumpf Server: Orien Guild: Faca na Caveira
    New to the Orien server? Type "/joinchannel Titan" into the chat window and join some lively DDO discussion! Happy to help out with any questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Astarii View Post
    Wow, very kool!

I would love to see a Playmat or a cloth mat made with some DDO stuff.
    Definitely! I'm waiting for SSG, DDO, and LOTRO tees!
    ~Youtube (Fansite) -

Quote Originally Posted by Grandern_Marn View Post
    Great find with the Stormreach Limited Edition box with the plastic still on it! Heard about the unboxing on DDO Players, sorry to hear that Drac didn't get that box he had ordered back in the day.

Going through the video, it would be really cool if you could actually add some of those images close up, maybe just camera images to this thread. (I know, annoying request, only if you have the time!! O/ )
    Here are a few points I thought were interesting:
    - that original character selection screen would be amazing to see close up
    - the key bind layout sheet looks very special too, it reminds me of games from in the 90's with key bind information, nowadays everything is manageable through the UI so a poster isn't necessary
    - that Stormreach map looks amazing! From what I can see Lordsmarch and House Kundarak are on opposite sides, did they switch at some point in game? Maybe Market is facing the wrong way in the image as well
    - That miniature looks great, what did you say it was, a 'Deathlock'? It looked like there was some details of the figure on the card on the back, does that have anything to do with DDO at all?
    - the artwork and music would be worth it for another video as well as you mentioned
    - I think a look through the manual might be worth a video too, it would be an interesting look at what the developers thought would be important for players to know at the very start of the game when level 10 was cap. The information would be dated but that gap would be very interesting to show how the game had progressed over time
    Hey! I took a few images and uploaded them to imgur, here is the link click here
    I'm editing the video now where i go through the discs! However there is so much to explore so im doing a video series on it. Link to the playlist is here: Click here

I'm planning on ordering the full games of old D&D games. I've played Baldur's gate 1, and 2 before but ill replay them for series. Ill post them onto this channel as they are D&D related!
    Take care!
    ~Youtube (Fansite) -

I did a bit of looking around and was able to find some Youtube videos on the Dragonshard game as well, their take on Eberron is pretty neat. I'll add one link for reference to points added below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3tPdGvPDi8

Their take on the Lyrandar Airship at the :14 mark was pretty cool. The UI layout kind of reminds me of the Baldurs Gate games and characters on the selection screen look very close to WOW. One of the characters is a Warforged but it actually looks like a Warforged Titan, (0:56) imagine trying to get one of those around Stormreach! Game play itself looks like the earlier Warcraft games. Most will probably write it off as some older iteration of a D&D PC game but they had something DDO still does not have - ETTINS!!! (found at the 5:50 mark) Finally, their take on the Gelatinous Cube monster at the 12:02 mark is pretty hilarious.!
    Yeah it is entertaining to say the least lol. It's interesting pointing out the differences in the gameplay. I plan on ordering the game soon, so i can do a unboxing and playthrough!

Well, enough with the digression there. I'll finish with a shout out to Axel who put together a similar unboxing a couple months ago:
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ysical-Release!
    Not a Limited Edition box but interesting to see the difference as it might be a US version where Band's is a UK version?

Fine work guys!
    Yeah maybe. I'll also order the one Axel has, just for the collection.
    And yes their may be differences, one noticeable one is the age rating. Here in UK we use numbers ie- 12. In US i believe they use stuff like Teens, Mature ect.
    ~Youtube (Fansite) -