Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Community Manager

Default Downtime Notice: Wednesday, September 12th 9:30 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT)

UPDATE: The game worlds have reopened. Thank you! Also note that we have reopened the quest Enter the Kobold today.

The DDO game worlds will be brought down from 9:30 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) on Wednesday, September 12th to release Update 39 Patch 2. Click here for the Release Notes. Thank you for your patience, and we'll see you in the game soon.
    Last edited by Cordovan; 09-12-2018 at 10:31 AM.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Self-Appointed Coin Lord of the Seas ForgettableNPC's Avatar
    VillageTown of GenericLand of ThatOneContinent.

Is the Spinal Tap change retroactive or do I have to find another Epic Spinal Tap to make Sentient again.
    Just a random, forgettable NPC doing things an NPC does
    Things that NPCs do include, but are not limited to:

Having a gold goblet over my head to indicate availability of a quest
    Having a catchphrase that never really catches on
    Having various rewards that are generally not worth the trouble
    Wandering around randomly
    Giving out obvious information if it wasn't obvious enough
    Repeating the same lines over and over again

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by ForgettableNPC View Post
    Is the Spinal Tap change retroactive or do I have to find another Epic Spinal Tap to make Sentient again.
    It will update in place to d11, don't worry!
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    It will update in place to d11, don't worry!
    Woohoo! Sweet 0.5 average base die increase in damage.

I think *Crafted, would make more sense then rafted here:
    A new NPC named Aelonwy Maelodic is available in the Eberron Hall of Heroes who will turn unwanted cosmetics gained from Daily Dice and deconstruct them into Glamered Dust, which can then be rafted into other cosmetics available from Daily Dice.

alright, so its official. DDO revolves around Reaper. thanks for proving me right. this melee survivability toggle is a terrible decision and the barb changes was not needed in todays game outside reaper. after the amount of negative feedback I was hoping there could at least have been room for more compromise.

also, feats are organized when talking to the NPC trainer to level. at least that's how it was on Lamannia.
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

You are the one choosing not to play alts.

Casual player now investing way less than I used to into the game, playing 1-3 months at a time and still want nothing to do with Reaper. #improvepuggrouping#alldifficultiesmatter

Quote Originally Posted by Yamani View Post
    I think *Crafted, would make more sense then rafted here:
    A new NPC named Aelonwy Maelodic is available in the Eberron Hall of Heroes who will turn unwanted cosmetics gained from Daily Dice and deconstruct them into Glamered Dust, which can then be rafted into other cosmetics available from Daily Dice.
    No no they clearly ship them out on a raft so they're lost forever.

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

Really, people were having problems with the cultists in Misery Peak....sad, so sad :/

Saal
    "Fools said I, you do not know. Silence like a cancer grows, hear my words that I might teach you, take my hand that I might reach you, but my words like silent raindrops fell...."-Paul Simon "Day after day, we caught no breath or motion. As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean."--Coleridge

A fell wind blows through the game, and your nightmares includes voices whispering, "Night Revels approaches...." You wake up to find all of your 2017 Night Revels ingredients and candy spoiled.

You just don't listen- and since you don't - maybe you will "feel" it in your wallets. Unsubscribed for 1st time in 9 years.
    "Unexplained noises are best left unexplained."
    -John Bellairs-

I'm still hoping that healing spells and SLAs will get excluded from the touch range penalty. It is completely counter to group play to limit heal range, and the outlier case of heals on undead I don't think is enough to prevent that. Heals have always been an inefficient way in the first place to fight undead (turns/bursts/death to undeath/light spells/melee or ranged being much better), and it does more harm than good to prevent melee players from supporting each other. The fact that divine healing classes have melee trees, that other classes with divine healing spells (paladin, ranger, druid, etc) also have trees core to melee, all shows that healing and melee go hand-in-hand. The ability to support and melee is NEEDED. Please don't kill half the purpose of these classes just so that they can handle melee.

Also please stop killing Night Revels mats. Just WHY?! To have any work that didn't perfectly spend gone. To have farmed and then have life come up before you spend gone. To not have the ability to farm now when you have time but not want anything atm but have it ready for next year is lame. I don't consider having to start over each and every time a good thing. Last year the outcry against an "encore" event was not because people hate Night Revels, but rather the unpredictability it caused against whether keeping mats was worth it or not. Why clog your inventory and bags with stuff that will be rendered useless for the next event? The encore made you either be frustrated for deleting everything and starting over because you guessed it wouldn't happen, or hold onto stuff and then annoyed you clogged space for no reason when the encore didn't happen like I did. Keeping mats solves all of those concerns. Aren't we well past the people that duped and you have the tools in place to catch new infractions? Mat deletion is a sore point for me on this event.
    Last edited by DrawingGuy; 09-11-2018 at 05:30 PM.
    Pinc Punch - Unarmed Monk (Uber Completionist) // Porc the Orc - Paladin // Thunderborn - Warlock // Imustbe Emo - PewPew Rogue // Aquamine Artifact - Crafting Artificer (shelved)

Quote Originally Posted by Patch Notes
    Level 8, 16, and 28 versions of the new Crystal Cove weapons have received an increase in their damage dice to match the current dice progression in the game.
    It would have been nice back when the event was still on to have made it clear that this was going to happen. I know several people who just didn't bother farming the event weapons because of their reduced damage dice.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The DDO game worlds will be brought down from 9:30 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) on Wednesday, September 12th to release Update 39 Patch 2. Click here for the Release Notes. Thank you for your patience, and we'll see you in the game soon.

A fell wind blows through the game, and your nightmares includes voices whispering, "Night Revels approaches...." You wake up to find all of your 2017 Night Revels ingredients and candy spoiled.
    And this is why I don't run Night Revels anymore.

Why, oh why do you think that this is something that *any* player wants, and in fact makes us just think that you don't care how much we grind.

Seriously reconsider this. It just a slap in the face insult to your player base.
    Farog on Khyber

Default Melee Changes

Any chance we could get some +20 hearts in store???

Community Member

This feat is exclusive from Range stances, such as Improved Precise Shot, Archers Focus, Shiradi stances, and Warlock Blast stances.
    This feat is exclusive from the Enlarge Spell Metamagic toggle.
    This feat remains active when dead.
    The feat can be used with other defensive and offensive stances, in addition to Rage.
    What feat?

Thanks for the update.

Bounty Hunter

The number of cultists in Misery's Peak has been reduced.
    #1 problem in all of DDO. Thanks for listening.

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    Lol it was changed because there was a bug being tested in said quest and the dev decided to just make it shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    actually there is one spot where new(ish) players always get hammered. I am in the habit of picking up newer people in Korthos (yes, they exist, and no, I have no idea how they find me!). Just keep in mind, not everyone is a seasoned vet and it *is* newbie island. so in the hope of getting more new people past korthos on their own, I think it might be a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor_Wit View Post

You just don't listen- and since you don't - maybe you will "feel" it in your wallets. Unsubscribed for 1st time in 9 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoChris View Post
    And this is why I don't run Night Revels anymore.

Why, oh why do you think that this is something that *any* player wants, and in fact makes us just think that you don't care how much we grind.

Seriously reconsider this. It just a slap in the face insult to your player base.
    I thought the ingredient descriptions made it clear that they were going to expire before the next Night Revels.

So...you're complaining that they followed up on their promise of making the ingredients disappear, which was their intention from the beginning, said so right on the ingredients, and...that's somehow their fault?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyata View Post
    actually there is one spot where new(ish) players always get hammered. I am in the habit of picking up newer people in Korthos (yes, they exist, and no, I have no idea how they find me!). Just keep in mind, not everyone is a seasoned vet and it *is* newbie island. so in the hope of getting more new people past korthos on their own, I think it might be a good thing.
    Is it that room with all the cultists on top of the ice stairs and all of them have crazy acquisition range and all of them shoot acid splashes/magic missiles/arrows at you?

I always needed to run away and heal up or let the hire take the fall even after Completionist.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Razor_Wit View Post
    It's their fault they are making poor choices and negatively effect player experience. Additionally, in my specific case, they also lost my subscription.
    Poor choices ? Any MMORPG game destroy the mats after the event done. DDO didn't invent something new in here.
    And no game died because some players didn't like the event. DDO wouldn't be the 1st, that's for sure.

Stop crying all over the forum already.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast