Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKernel View Post
    Poor choices ? Any MMORPG game destroy the mats after the event done. DDO didn't invent something new in here.
    And no game died because some players didn't like the event. DDO wouldn't be the 1st, that's for sure.

Stop crying all over the forum already.
    I've only played about a half dozen MMOs myself, and this is the only MMO where a repeated event with a mat turn-in system has the mats destroyed every year before the event repeats. It is even inconsistent with their own other events -- Crystal Cove, Festivault, Midwinter, and Anniversary are all mat turn-in systems that don't expire. It is simply the better way to do things as it allows long time players to heavily play or relax from year to year with none of the time they spent on the event wasted. The concept of an event being all or nothing is just dumb... it should be allowed for casual fun where people can earn a bit here or there along with those that do heavy grinds. The fact that they sell items in the store for real money to get stuff they'll just delete on you if you were unable to spend it immediately is another black mark.

I had a death of a close friend come up during the last event, and I'm having 20+ hours worth of key and mat grinding just disappear because life came and I was unable to turn in. It illustrates yet another reason to not have mats expire, but I've asked for it every year even when I had no mats to lose. This outlier case shouldn't exist, and I think is bad for the event itself.

Yes, it is true that the mats clearly stated that they would expire. No one here is saying that "wow, this came out of nowhere!" People are wanting it to change. Where else are they going to ask but here on the forums? And canceled subscriptions is a way that people try to put monetary reasons to pay attention. Though people have asked for them to stop the expiration BS each year since they introduced Night Revels in 2015, and people canceled subscriptions over it last year as well. Losing a couple hundred bucks a year is not make or break for them, so such actions is rather pointless. I just hope that at some point a dev will see the reasons, go "why not" and fix it.
    Pinc Punch - Unarmed Monk (Uber Completionist) // Porc the Orc - Paladin // Thunderborn - Warlock // Imustbe Emo - PewPew Rogue // Aquamine Artifact - Crafting Artificer (shelved)

Quote Originally Posted by Razor_Wit View Post
    A fell wind blows through the game, and your nightmares includes voices whispering, "Night Revels approaches...." You wake up to find all of your 2017 Night Revels ingredients and candy spoiled.

You just don't listen- and since you don't - maybe you will "feel" it in your wallets. Unsubscribed for 1st time in 9 years.
    Yep, I am tired of it too. My sons and I have been playing for about 9 years as well. I have just unsubscribed our 4 accounts.
    Lyghtki | Immortalyght | Eternalyght | Annihilyght of Omega Guard on Thelanis

Quote Originally Posted by Annihilyght View Post
    Yep, I am tired of it too. My sons and I have been playing for about 9 years as well. I have just unsubscribed our 4 accounts.
    I'm surprised you where subscribed for so long if that's all it takes for you to cancel it.

Community Member legendkilleroll's Avatar

It is now possible to get Mythic versions of several items in Return to White Plume Mountain.

Does this mean that some of the named items were not dropping with the mythic bonuses? or, which i doubt is it like epic necro and few other places that had a rarer version of the item that had mythic in its name and a extra effect?

Default Tank sky is falling popcorn?

I 100% welcome this change. Note: The following is my opinion of this patch and my game play experience solely consisting of playing pure or near pure paladins for the past 12 years.

Depending on the actual changes to Epic Defensive Fighting and the Sacred Defender: Tenacious Defense enhancement my pure paladin tank will end up with nothing new, 5% more hit points and some freed up enhancement points, or 25% more hit points. I'm assuming that since Lay on Hands and Healing Hands are not affected by metamagic and are not SLAs then if the range is affected by Epic Defensive Fighting that is a bug.

a) If Epic Defensive Fighting reduces the range of Lay on Hands and Healing Hands to 0 then I don't plan on using it, and my build remains largely unaffected.

b) If Sacred Defender: Tenacious Defense enhancement was changed to a Competence bonus then my build will get 5% more hit points and some free enhancement points. Plus an added bonus will be that Paladin splash builds receive a much needed nerf. I would daresay that the number of people splashing paladin resulted in the Paladin class being largely forgotten during the Divine Pass of the current year. Paladin splashes have resulted in the paladin class being given short thrift over for nearly a decade as some people would take complete and utter advantage of the class purely to strengthen their splash builds. The ultimate price has been paid by people who enjoy playing the class for what it is and tried to play it using the design intent instead of just using it for the meta game.

c) If Sacred Defender: Tenacious Defense enhancement was changed to a Competency bonus then my build will get 25% more hit points. While this change would still be welcome, but I would say that it still leaves the Paladin class shorted. It further undermines the difficulty of reaper for the tank role. It also strengthens the assertion that splash builds are more important than pure builds. None of these things are positive outcomes if this is indeed how the final implementation ends up. Severlin and SteelStar stated that they wanted the game to have compelling choices on DDOCast 529 so this implementation would serve to undermine that design premise. They further stated in that same interview that they did not want to unintentionally weaken reaper mode too much.

We shall see how this all ends up in a few hours...

An undisclosed location. I asked my captors but they remain tight lipped.

I'm fine with Mabar ingredients expiring before the next Mabar event; it's that much less that I have to carry.

I enjoy the game; most people do- of course there will be someone to defend it.

If you don't like the restrictions of the new melee feat then don't toggle it on. Don't put it on your hot bar.

I wish I got 50 cents for every time someone used the cliche "It's a slap in the face".

If DDO evolving is the worst event of your life I envy you.

Lynnabel,
    Speaking of the Sheldon Cooper Nemesis/Arch Enemy list... (Previous plaints of "Slap in the face, etc")

Can we get a quest narrated by Jim Parsons as a counterpoint to Will Wheaton's TOEE?

Default hmmm Stalward Defence?

Ok, in the stalwart defence tree you can get +20% competence bonus to health points. This means it wont stack with the new feat, is this intentional?
    I'm pretty happy that this dosen't stack with the new feat otherwise it would be a little OP. All it means is that i have to reset my trees, and then just get the +6 bonus to constitution instead.
    No biggie

Overall a nice update, im just a little worried on the power surges as i love to use them... I hope enhancements that boost action boosts also boost power surge charges. For example right now i can get 16 charges, and i'm hoping for no less then 10 with this update. :P
    Once again, if you can't then i understand as Power Surge before this update was a little over powered. :P

Nice job SSG!
    ~Started Playing DDO - 6th June 2011 (Joined Forums In 2014)
    ~Guild - Epic Fail (Orien) Since Monday 24th July 2017
    ~What Class I Play - Swashbuckler Mix Warchanter Bard
    ~Youtube (Fansite) -
    https://www.youtube.com/user/BrandonPitney

Community Manager

The game worlds have reopened. Thank you! Also note that we have reopened the quest Enter the Kobold today.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Quote Originally Posted by legendkilleroll View Post
    It is now possible to get Mythic versions of several items in Return to White Plume Mountain.

Does this mean that some of the named items were not dropping with the mythic bonuses? or, which i doubt is it like epic necro and few other places that had a rarer version of the item that had mythic in its name and a extra effect?
    I don't think Blackrazor and Whelm were dropping with mythic +2 or +4 bonuses. I've seen several of each drop and none of them ever had a mythic bonus. I only ever saw one Wave drop and it didn't have a mythic bonus either but one drop isn't enough for me to reach the conclusion that they didn't have mythic bonuses.

Most of the other stuff could definitely have mythic bonuses but I wouldn't swear that they ALL could.
    The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. - Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Hi Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Yamani View Post
    A new NPC named Aelonwy Maelodic is available in the Eberron Hall of Heroes who will turn unwanted cosmetics gained from Daily Dice and deconstruct them into Glamered Dust
    ONLY cosmetics gained from Daily Dice? I would love to deconstruct Armor of Celebration -- lootgen armor often looks better than that.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoChris View Post
    And this is why I don't run Night Revels anymore.

Why, oh why do you think that this is something that *any* player wants, and in fact makes us just think that you don't care how much we grind.

Seriously reconsider this. It just a slap in the face insult to your player base.
    I've been away from the game for years and have lots of old night revels mats. I was looking forward to seeing what I could do with them this year. This makes me very sad.

The new stance you lose the hp buff when you die and have to toggle it off and on again.

At least it is not as bad as FvS hp and sp feat as they have to relog every time they die.

Seeing as the FvS thing will prob never be fixed at least turn it into a toggle to prevent need to relog every time you die.

I also found the new stance useless in pugs as people tend to jsut run away so can't rejuv or heal scroll them so feels like activating it is a liability. Would think its great for fixed parties where people know each others habbits.
    Last edited by HuneyMunster; 09-12-2018 at 01:18 PM.

Concerning the Barbarian Damage Reduction changes: I no longer have any numbers for DR on my Barbarian's (lvl 20) character sheet. That section is blank. Is this a display bug?

Default Not understanding this section of the update

Epic Defensive Fighting - Your hero has learned to enter a reactive state, protecting themselves in the chaos of battle by rolling with the punches, but this hampers their ability to engage ranged threats.

• This is a new Epic Feat automatically granted at level 21. This is a toggled ability that when active:
    • Adds a 5% Competence Bonus to maximum Hit Points, with an additional 5% for every combat fighting style feat you have, to a maximum of 25%. The applicable feats are:
      • Single Weapon Fighting
        • Improved Single Weapon Fighting
        • Greater Single Weapon Fighting
        • Perfect Single Weapon Fighting

• Two Handed Fighting
        • Improved Two Handed Fighting
        • Greater Two Handed Fighting
        • Perfect Two Handed Fighting

• Two Weapon Fighting
        • Improved Two Weapon Fighting
        • Greater Two Weapon Fighting
        • Perfect Two Weapon Fighting
        • Natural Fighting (Counts each time taken)

• All Spell or spell-like abilities that are affected by Metamagics have their range reduced to touch range.
    • Your Doubleshot and Ranged Power are zero while active.
    • This feat is exclusive from Range stances, such as Improved Precise Shot, Archers Focus, Shiradi stances, and Warlock Blast stances.
    • This feat is exclusive from the Enlarge Spell Metamagic toggle.
    • This feat remains active when dead.
    • The feat can be used with other defensive and offensive stances, in addition to Rage.
    I don't understand this entire section. Are we discussing one new feat? I assume so, but the bullet points then lead directly into topics that clearly are not about the feat. If not, what does the bit about metamagics being reduced to touch range mean? Does my shiradi wizard no longer function at all?
    Last edited by Kindoki; 09-12-2018 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kindoki View Post
    Are we discussing one new feat? I assume so, but the bullet points then lead directly into topics that clearly are not about the feat.
    One feat, all the bullets are changes when that feat is active.

Quote Originally Posted by DANTEIL View Post
    Concerning the Barbarian Damage Reduction changes: I no longer have any numbers for DR on my Barbarian's (lvl 20) character sheet. That section is blank. Is this a display bug?
    It would be nice if they populated that field with the % amount of damage reduced.
    The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. - Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Hi Welcome

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    It would be nice if they populated that field with the % amount of damage reduced.
    We are more likely to completely delete that section of the character sheet and replace it with something less niche. The % damage reduced appears on your buff bar with the correct % listed.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

Pile of corpses (may or may not be one of them)

Just tried the new feat on my caster arti and tactical detonation, lightning sphere, and blast rod all have the same range as before. Is this wai or am i not supposed to be able to do that?

Traveler of the Skies Frogger1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BandVP View Post
    Overall a nice update, im just a little worried on the power surges as i love to use them... I hope enhancements that boost action boosts also boost power surge charges. For example right now i can get 16 charges, and i'm hoping for no less then 10 with this update. :P
    Nope, enhancements that boost action boosts no longer boost power surge charges. In fact, the added charges from Fighter Kensei One Cut (supposed to add 1 charge) and Kensei's Alacrity (supposed to add 2 charges) don't appear to be working either. At least, not for my Kensai. I have both of those enhancements, and I only get the base 5 Power Surge charges. I tried resting, relogging, etc., and still only 5 charges.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frogger1234 View Post
    Nope, enhancements that boost action boosts no longer boost power surge charges. In fact, the added charges from Fighter Kensei One Cut (supposed to add 1 charge) and Kensei's Alacrity (supposed to add 2 charges) don't appear to be working either. At least, not for my Kensai. I have both of those enhancements, and I only get the base 5 Power Surge charges. I tried resting, relogging, etc., and still only 5 charges.
    Same, haven't tried resetting the tree, but it is staying at just 5 so far.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast