Page 1 of 41 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 819
  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,425

    Default The (New and Improved) Hey Lynnabel Thread

    How is it improved, you ask? Because it isn't 38462057 pages long. Yet.

    Current list off the top of my head (things I haven't experienced personally I linked threads for):

    1. Ki Shout still doesn't work based on concentration. It's been bugged for awhile.

    2. IPS still doesn't work with several throwing daggers, which is sad for Vistani. When IPS is turned on, the daggers just disappear into thin air without hitting anything.

    3. The 6th core of falconry is apparently not granting FOM. (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...om-of-movement)

    4. FVS HP bonus keeps resetting/disappearing. (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ed-soul-hp-bug)

    5. The Falconry tree birds are causing some weird behavior in various places. (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...s-bugs-quests)
    Graceana, assassin ~ Xiya, tempest ~ Shinshi, shintao ~ Ayaxi, thief-acrobat ~ Saravi, cleric ~ Sanziana, arcane archer ~ Kyudojin, mechanic
    Talvi, caster druid ~ Zinzie, shiradi sorc ~ Kishori, spellsinger ~ Faunia, wolf druid ~ Viven, warchanter ~ Jianqiao, ninja spy
    Cliodna, wizard ~ Serenwyn, swashbuckler ~ Duisteri, shuribuild ~ Mahuika, warlock ~ Narabali, tank ~ Tabbithah, artificer
    The Casual Obsession
    Khyber

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBlonde View Post
    Ask for TWEAKS and ye shall receive, and lo, the nerfhammer shall be moderate. Ask for cow from orbit and ye shall receive that, too, and be sorry you did.

  2. #2
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    4,762

    Default

    Typo in the name of Elixir of Discovery


    Memories of Kindness (heroic) gives less sheltering than advertised
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/498228

    Poison Resistance does not reduce poison damage. Tested on Demon Soul (both hit damage and DoT) and poison jet at The Sunken Sewer.


    My old and favorite:
    sonic spells not affected by Air Savant https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/471144
    Last edited by cru121; 09-09-2018 at 12:24 AM.

  3. #3
    DDO Players Council Xyfiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    3,115

    Default

    Lynnabel asked for small things she could fix when she had spare time as an intern. Bug fixing let her learn more about the job.
    She is no longer an intern and as such is no more responsible for bug fixing than any other dev.

    Also, the development schedule is tight for the rest of the year. Unless it is major there won't be a lot of bug fixes. Not to say the thread is pointless as I have my own on the other forums. Just don't expect much from it.

  4. #4
    Community Member Annex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,953

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xyfiel View Post
    Lynnabel asked for small things she could fix when she had spare time as an intern. Bug fixing let her learn more about the job.
    She is no longer an intern and as such is no more responsible for bug fixing than any other dev.
    We need Lynnabel Mark II.
    Sophie the Cat Burglar - Creator, Dreamer, Explorer - Happy yet Sad - Seeker of Beauty and Wonder
    I wish you all many happy adventures! Good bye!

  5. #5
    Community Member glmfw1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,818

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xyfiel View Post
    Lynnabel asked for small things she could fix when she had spare time as an intern. Bug fixing let her learn more about the job.
    She is no longer an intern and as such is no more responsible for bug fixing than any other dev.
    Different coding teams and individuals work in different ways, but a lot that I have worked with or as part of keep lists of the minor bugs handy, so that when they are in the relevant code for some other reason, they can check out the bugs and see if there is an easy fix that can be implemented.
    I don't know if that is how SSG or Lynnabel specifically work, but we can always hope!
    Bettayne Brah'dukcc, Cleric of Lathander
    Today is the first day of the rest of your life

    For DDO Queries, check out ddowiki.com; New to the game? Head to the Newbie Guide

  6. #6
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,425

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xyfiel View Post
    Lynnabel asked for small things she could fix when she had spare time as an intern. Bug fixing let her learn more about the job.
    She is no longer an intern and as such is no more responsible for bug fixing than any other dev.

    Also, the development schedule is tight for the rest of the year. Unless it is major there won't be a lot of bug fixes. Not to say the thread is pointless as I have my own on the other forums. Just don't expect much from it.
    Having a lot of it in one thread as opposed to all over the place is the point.
    Graceana, assassin ~ Xiya, tempest ~ Shinshi, shintao ~ Ayaxi, thief-acrobat ~ Saravi, cleric ~ Sanziana, arcane archer ~ Kyudojin, mechanic
    Talvi, caster druid ~ Zinzie, shiradi sorc ~ Kishori, spellsinger ~ Faunia, wolf druid ~ Viven, warchanter ~ Jianqiao, ninja spy
    Cliodna, wizard ~ Serenwyn, swashbuckler ~ Duisteri, shuribuild ~ Mahuika, warlock ~ Narabali, tank ~ Tabbithah, artificer
    The Casual Obsession
    Khyber

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBlonde View Post
    Ask for TWEAKS and ye shall receive, and lo, the nerfhammer shall be moderate. Ask for cow from orbit and ye shall receive that, too, and be sorry you did.

  7. #7
    Staggering LightBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Letters of Lingo
    Posts
    3,387

    Default

    Seems to me that previously fixed bugs are making a reappearance.

  8. #8
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xyfiel View Post
    Lynnabel asked for small things she could fix when she had spare time as an intern. Bug fixing let her learn more about the job.
    She is no longer an intern and as such is no more responsible for bug fixing than any other dev.

    Also, the development schedule is tight for the rest of the year. Unless it is major there won't be a lot of bug fixes. Not to say the thread is pointless as I have my own on the other forums. Just don't expect much from it.

    Well. "Other" I presume is LotRO, if so, this is DDO, these boards are not the open platform that SSG/Daybreak is. No offence, I really don't care about the "other" boards

    After everything the the DDO player base has been through. we don't expect anything much to come from these boards, no matter which dev posts it.

    If she or any other staff member interacts with the player base here, we should be appreciative of that act. But don't expect that act or that dev is the limit of the scope to what we post. How many other staff members work on things that never reply here?

    *edit* wrong words
    . *Wrong choice of words. I apologize if I mad it sound negative. I'm out.
    Last edited by Lagin; 09-10-2018 at 02:14 AM.




  9. #9
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LightBear View Post
    Seems to me that previously fixed bugs are making a reappearance.
    Every developer’s favorite bug report: “it’s broken”.

  10. #10
    DDO Players Council Xyfiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    3,115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lagin View Post
    Well. "Other" I presume is LotRO, if so, this is DDO, these boards are not the open platform that SSG/Daybreak is. No offence, I really don't care about the "other" boards

    After everything the the DDO player base has been through. we don't expect anything much to come from these boards, no matter which dev posts it.

    If she or any other staff member interacts with the player base here, we should be appreciative of that act. But don't expect that act or that dev is the limit of the scope to what we post. How many other staff members work on things that never reply here?

    We ALL appreciate her avid desire t fix these things. Really, but as her role at SSG solidifies, so too will her time sink, and the interaction here will ebb. We've seen this before.

    Thanks for all the help Lynabel, hope you get a few things from here to fill your in-box.
    Not Lotro, the PC forums.

    I am just trying to help you all out since you aren't privy to the same information I am. To elaborate, Lynnabel isn't the "bug "dev. Bugs aren't a priority. Bugs are back to pre Lynnabel days when we can expect small numbers fixed each update. They are pushing out a lot of content, cloaks, expansion, etc. Bugs are bottom of the list. Nothing wrong with making a thread but my experience with it(and most of my list is typos) states that little to nothing will be done about it. That is the way it is, don't shoot the messenger.

  11. #11
    DDO Players Council Xyfiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    3,115

    Default To consolidate

    Natures Warrior
    -Bestial Nature says "fortitute" instead of fortitude.
    -Ghost Wolf Pack says "Incorpreal" instead of Incorporeal.
    -Fatal Harrier buff icon states stacks up to five times when only have 2/3 points in it(should be 3 max at that point). It does only stack three times with two points spent.

    Natures Protector
    -Rage of the Beast gives two rage charges with only one point spent. The second tier should plural "charge" to charges.

    In the Blue Water Inn there is a stuck spot behind the wolf. r2 lx592 ly8 i2049 cInside ox5.82 oy18.75 oz-199.71 h309.4. I got there while in wolf form, didn't try as humanoid.

    Sparkstriker, a reward option from Delera's chain, states in the description "...this pick shoots out a torrent sparks...". Maybe add an "of" in front of sparks?

    In the Natures Protector tree, Rage of the Beast has modifier spelled wrong.
    Bear Charge has multiplier spelled wrong.
    Bloody Claws in tier II states it requires Blood Claws and Bloody Claws(Rank 1). It shouldn't have two listed and it requires rank 3 anyway. Bug or typo?

    The Deal and the Demon
    Ymris says, 'Make your preperations. I will call for them when you are ready.
    I think it should be preparations.

    A Stay at the Inn
    When you get the key for the Villager at the beginning, once again receive is spelled wrong both in chat and dm text. Same issue as in Lines of Supply. (Lines of Supply has both the DM text and chat log "receive" wrong when you get the traps).

  12. #12
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,425

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xyfiel View Post
    Not Lotro, the PC forums.

    I am just trying to help you all out since you aren't privy to the same information I am. To elaborate, Lynnabel isn't the "bug "dev. Bugs aren't a priority. Bugs are back to pre Lynnabel days when we can expect small numbers fixed each update. They are pushing out a lot of content, cloaks, expansion, etc. Bugs are bottom of the list. Nothing wrong with making a thread but my experience with it(and most of my list is typos) states that little to nothing will be done about it. That is the way it is, don't shoot the messenger.
    You must be fun at parties.

    It's just a consolidated bug thread. Who cares.
    Last edited by Grace_ana; 09-09-2018 at 03:25 PM.
    Graceana, assassin ~ Xiya, tempest ~ Shinshi, shintao ~ Ayaxi, thief-acrobat ~ Saravi, cleric ~ Sanziana, arcane archer ~ Kyudojin, mechanic
    Talvi, caster druid ~ Zinzie, shiradi sorc ~ Kishori, spellsinger ~ Faunia, wolf druid ~ Viven, warchanter ~ Jianqiao, ninja spy
    Cliodna, wizard ~ Serenwyn, swashbuckler ~ Duisteri, shuribuild ~ Mahuika, warlock ~ Narabali, tank ~ Tabbithah, artificer
    The Casual Obsession
    Khyber

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBlonde View Post
    Ask for TWEAKS and ye shall receive, and lo, the nerfhammer shall be moderate. Ask for cow from orbit and ye shall receive that, too, and be sorry you did.

  13. #13
    Community Member Yamani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in the states
    Posts
    943

    Default

    White Plume Mountain: The Mimic's "Chest Loot" is literally invisible you have to Q and E to get it! (Also enjoy the loot some of you prolly didn't know was there!)

  14. #14
    Community Member Spookyaction's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grace_ana View Post

    3. The 6th core of falconry is apparently not granting FOM. (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...om-of-movement)
    The teir 3 "True Seeing" is also broken, it doesn't bypass blur/displacement.

  15. #15
    DDO Players Council Brightheart245's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    100

    Default

    1. Bard's Hold Person spell tool tip is missing completely.
    2. Half-Elf females (and likely males) laugh emotes are missing sound files (more than just a typo/tooltip fix, but it bugs me!)

    As a side note, if it's of any assistance to others, the FVS HP / SP bug is somehow tied to the armor. Taking off and putting the armor back on (a lot of the times, all it takes is just taking off the armor) restores the loss. Just another work around aside from having to jump through portals/instances.
    Ghallanda | Seraphemia | Best Beaches Around | Celestial Radiance


  16. #16
    Systems Designer
    Lynnabel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    game/cdb/effect/effects-property-2.cdb
    Posts
    1,724

    Default

    Hello, all I love the enthusiasm, but before I get into this, I'd like to preface this thread by warning you - even though I've been on the team for roughly two years now, there are a lot of things I can't fix without taking up a lot of someone else's time. I love fixing the little things, don't get me wrong, but I really don't want to get your hopes up and then dash them by promising something I can't deliver. But, seriously, congrats on finding the one way to force me to do things - imply I can't or am somehow not allowed to do something. I'll do anything to defy authority! I can do anything I want, and no one can stop me! Bwahahahahahah - ahem, sorry, got ahead of myself.

    That being said, let's get into it. The ones marked with Fixed will be in an upcoming patch, and those I can't tag quickly I'll try to explain why


    Quote Originally Posted by Grace_ana View Post
    1. Ki Shout still doesn't work based on concentration. It's been bugged for awhile.
    This is beyond my ability to fix by a significant margin.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grace_ana View Post
    2. IPS still doesn't work with several throwing daggers, which is sad for Vistani. When IPS is turned on, the daggers just disappear into thin air without hitting anything.
    This is a problem with specific weapon/projectile models. I and many others have spent a long time trying to run it down, no luck so far... but we'll keep trying.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grace_ana View Post
    3. The 6th core of falconry is apparently not granting FOM. (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...om-of-movement)
    This looks like it is working, but the buff doesn't visibly display on the bar like other continuous FoM effects.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grace_ana View Post
    4. FVS HP bonus keeps resetting/disappearing.
    This is a big mess, especially because of our lack of reproduction of the problem. I've tried with and without Quick Draw, with or without Quick Draw granted from an item/effect/enhancement tree, with scrolls versus weapons versus favored weapons, in and out of dungeons and in and out of reaper mode, and I can't get it to stay off. If you have any other information on what would cause a HP boost from enhancements/feats (such as reaper enhancements) to go down and NOT recalculate and go back, please let us know.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grace_ana View Post
    5. The Falconry tree birds are causing some weird behavior in various places. (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...s-bugs-quests)
    If it were up to me this would be WAI forever. This is beyond my ability to fix.

    Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    Typo in the name of Elixir of Discovery
    Fixed.

    Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    Memories of Kindness (heroic) gives less sheltering than advertised
    Indicative of a much larger problem with our scaling effects in a bad way

    Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    Poison Resistance does not reduce poison damage. Tested on Demon Soul (both hit damage and DoT) and poison jet at The Sunken Sewer.
    Gross. This is indicative of a much larger problem with our scaling effects

    Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    sonic spells not affected by Air Savant https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/471144
    Double gross. Fixed, but gross. For reference, this will affect the spells Greater Shout, Shout, Sonic Blast, and Soundburst. Hopefully I didn't miss any :<

    Quote Originally Posted by glmfw1 View Post
    Different coding teams and individuals work in different ways, but a lot that I have worked with or as part of keep lists of the minor bugs handy, so that when they are in the relevant code for some other reason, they can check out the bugs and see if there is an easy fix that can be implemented.
    I don't know if that is how SSG or Lynnabel specifically work, but we can always hope!
    Factual! I personally deal with code frustrations by correcting typos and losing games of Civ.

    Quote Originally Posted by Xyfiel View Post
    -Bestial Nature says "fortitute" instead of fortitude.
    -Ghost Wolf Pack says "Incorpreal" instead of Incorporeal.
    -Fatal Harrier buff icon states stacks up to five times when only have 2/3 points in it(should be 3 max at that point). It does only stack three times with two points spent.
    Fixed, Fixed, and Fixed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Xyfiel View Post
    Natures Protector
    -Rage of the Beast gives two rage charges with only one point spent. The second tier should plural "charge" to charges.
    Fixed and Fixed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Xyfiel View Post
    In the Blue Water Inn there is a stuck spot behind the wolf. r2 lx592 ly8 i2049 cInside ox5.82 oy18.75 oz-199.71 h309.4. I got there while in wolf form, didn't try as humanoid.
    It's in the right queue now but I don't know if I want to start poking geometry without notifying people. Fun fact, though, wolf form has the same physics as your base race.

    Quote Originally Posted by Xyfiel View Post
    Sparkstriker, a reward option from Delera's chain, states in the description "...this pick shoots out a torrent sparks...". Maybe add an "of" in front of sparks?
    Fixed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Xyfiel View Post
    In the Natures Protector tree, Rage of the Beast has modifier spelled wrong.
    Bear Charge has multiplier spelled wrong.
    Bloody Claws in tier II states it requires Blood Claws and Bloody Claws(Rank 1). It shouldn't have two listed and it requires rank 3 anyway. Bug or typo?
    Fixed, Fixed, and ?????? - it's a weird halo of having a 3 rank enhancement a requirement for a 1 rank enhancement, and is a known issue

    Quote Originally Posted by Xyfiel View Post
    The Deal and the Demon
    Ymris says, 'Make your preperations. I will call for them when you are ready.
    I think it should be preparations.
    Probably! Fixed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Xyfiel View Post
    A Stay at the Inn
    When you get the key for the Villager at the beginning, once again receive is spelled wrong both in chat and dm text. Same issue as in Lines of Supply. (Lines of Supply has both the DM text and chat log "receive" wrong when you get the traps).
    Fixed and Fixed.

    In conclusion, I love fixing little stuff when I need something to do, but please remember that little stuff here just basically means typos :P If you see any other typos or bugs along the same lines of the ones I've marked as Fixed above, please lay em on me, but I would rather not comment at all than promise something I can't deliver
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

  17. #17
    Staggering LightBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Letters of Lingo
    Posts
    3,387

    Default

    Do the sonic spells include fey blast for warlocks and primal scream from fury of the wild?

    Also if you look up someone's bio it resets back to top every second or so which makes the whole bio hard to read, thought that was fixed?

  18. #18
    Community Member glmfw1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,818

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    This is a big mess, especially because of our lack of reproduction of the problem. I've tried with and without Quick Draw, with or without Quick Draw granted from an item/effect/enhancement tree, with scrolls versus weapons versus favored weapons, in and out of dungeons and in and out of reaper mode, and I can't get it to stay off. If you have any other information on what would cause a HP boost from enhancements/feats (such as reaper enhancements) to go down and NOT recalculate and go back, please let us know.
    Have you been able to work out why it goes down in the first place? I couldn't manage to duplicate the "NOT recalculate and go back up" but I couldn't work out any reason why the code would be written in such a way that it went down in the first place. An "always on" feat that you can't manually toggle shouldn't reset at all - once an FvS has those hit points, they should stay there. I haven't noticed my Barbarian Enhancement HP drop when I switch weapons, so why should the FvS feat behave any differently?
    Bettayne Brah'dukcc, Cleric of Lathander
    Today is the first day of the rest of your life

    For DDO Queries, check out ddowiki.com; New to the game? Head to the Newbie Guide

  19. #19
    Systems Designer
    Lynnabel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    game/cdb/effect/effects-property-2.cdb
    Posts
    1,724

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by glmfw1 View Post
    Have you been able to work out why it goes down in the first place? I couldn't manage to duplicate the "NOT recalculate and go back up" but I couldn't work out any reason why the code would be written in such a way that it went down in the first place. An "always on" feat that you can't manually toggle shouldn't reset at all - once an FvS has those hit points, they should stay there. I haven't noticed my Barbarian Enhancement HP drop when I switch weapons, so why should the FvS feat behave any differently?
    Oh jeeze, wall of text incoming. Sorry in advance

    It's a rule based effect. Rules are used for us to make effects that calculate based on some property on the player - in this case, Favored Soul Level and Epic Level. Rather than shove 30 copies of the same effect on the player, which is a major cause of instance slowdown, we use one effect that calculates itself on the fly. However, swapping equipment forces a rule recalculation regardless of what property the rule is modifying (in this case, Max and Current HP), so players will see their HP bounce around even though the calculation is near-instantaneous as their UI tries to keep up.

    The Barbarian HP effect isn't a rule, it's just stuck to you and never needs to recalculate. If we didn't have the FVS effect recalculate, when a player would level up the effects caching system would leave the old one on them and they would never get their updated HP, even if they relogged.

    TLDR it's doing a funky thing to get it to do what it does and that funky thing might be missing something so please tell us what else might be contributing to it forgetting what it's doing so we can fix it
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

  20. #20
    Community Member vryxnr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Oh jeeze, wall of text incoming. Sorry in advance

    It's a rule based effect. Rules are used for us to make effects that calculate based on some property on the player - in this case, Favored Soul Level and Epic Level. Rather than shove 30 copies of the same effect on the player, which is a major cause of instance slowdown, we use one effect that calculates itself on the fly. However, swapping equipment forces a rule recalculation regardless of what property the rule is modifying (in this case, Max and Current HP), so players will see their HP bounce around even though the calculation is near-instantaneous as their UI tries to keep up.

    The Barbarian HP effect isn't a rule, it's just stuck to you and never needs to recalculate. If we didn't have the FVS effect recalculate, when a player would level up the effects caching system would leave the old one on them and they would never get their updated HP, even if they relogged.

    TLDR it's doing a funky thing to get it to do what it does and that funky thing might be missing something so please tell us what else might be contributing to it forgetting what it's doing so we can fix it
    While I've not done much with FvS and as such I'm not sure about the bug others are talking about, I do have a multiclassed FvS trapper... every time she enters a new area - even within the same quest - her current HP drops as if she took damage equal to her bonus HP from FvS, though her max stays up where it should be. Basically: entering quests and going through zones within a quest requires me to heal myself again and again despite not being hit by anything in game.

Page 1 of 41 1234511 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload