Community Member

Default Client doesn't use EGPU

I've got the BlackMagic EGPU with the Radeon 580 (2018 Macbook Pro i7 w/ High Sierra).

I've used the command-line to set all applications to prefer the external GPU, and all games respect it save DDO.

Is there a configuration option, or something else i can try to get this working?

EDIT: It works when using a monitor, still not sure why it doesnt work on the retina display.
    Last edited by segfault0; 09-08-2018 at 08:51 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by segfault0 View Post
    I've got the BlackMagic EGPU with the Radeon 580 (2018 Macbook Pro i7 w/ High Sierra).

I've used the command-line to set all applications to prefer the external GPU, and all games respect it save DDO.

Is there a configuration option, or something else i can try to get this working?

EDIT: It works when using a monitor, still not sure why it doesnt work on the retina display.
    Just figured this out for mojave - if you do the command-i on the application itself, its just the launcher. but if you do a show in finder in the dock, then command-i that file (dndlauncher?) and set the prefer external gpu, it seems to work.

On my 2018 mac mini, I get about a framerate (~40) better than just the internal (~15), but not as good as just using the egpu (~120). That's pretty cranked up though & at 3840x2160, so seems good enough!