Default Shroudpalooza Coming to Thelanis!

The first stop on the Shroudpalooza 2018 tour is here! Look for the LFMs October 6th between 4-7pm EST on Thelanis server and hang out with us on twitch.tv/DDOstream!

Evennote will be hosting the stream, with BonnieBew and Tholgrin helping, a.k.a. distracting. We'll do as many runs of the heroic raid as time and participation allows, so please participate! We'll be giving away a 1500 DDO point code, and maybe some other goodies. If you are flagged for the Shroud raid, you are welcome to join us. If you aren't flagged, you can still hang out in chat. (Or, if you need help flagging for the Shroud raid on Thelanis prior to the event, you can contact our gameday characters Massalina, Evennote, or Thollgrin through the lightning post. We'll try to help you out.)

For more details about this event, the server schedule, and ways you can participate if you can't make the stream, please visit shroudpalooza.com

BonnieBew on Twitter, Twitch, YouTube and all servers

I'm assuming no max level - any minimum level or other requirements? I can imagine some Lvl 13 toons being unable to survive even the most cautious "rear guard" duty.

(For any unfamiliar w/ the quest, there is no "piking at the entry" - there are several portals, and you have to make it to/thru all 4.)

o http://ddowiki.com/page/The_Shroud

No max level. As long as a character is flagged, they can join. If someone's in heroic levels or unfamiliar with the raid, they might get dropped by something perilous (flying swords up the butt, anyone?), but we will raise/carry as needed to get ppl to the end.

The Shroudpalooza.com site Tools section has a list of links to teaching videos and how-tos for the raid that different people in the community have put together, as well as a few excerpts from the last Shroudpalooza.

I really hope people new to the raid and experienced players alike join us for some Shroud fun! If it's you're first time, let us know!

Thanks for the question!

Quote Originally Posted by Finch_Bloomwhiffler View Post
    they might get dropped by something perilous (flying swords up the butt, anyone?), but we will raise/carry as needed to get ppl to the end.
    Sounds incredibly painful. I suggest a Heal, and Kobold Butter for any further discomfort.

On a more serious note, I will take a look at the website and try to participate. Most of my characters get flagged for raids, its setting aside the time for focused attention when I have small children and both hubby and I want to play.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

This is why we're starting to post a month in advance! Some people get one DDO play session a week, so we want to get on the radar.

That said, we appreciate anyone spreading the word in game about Shroudpalooza coming so we can reach players who aren't on the forums.

It's less than a week until Shroudpalooza begins Saturday on Thelanis at 4pm EST!

Join us in game or in the DDOStream Twitch chat.

For more details visit shroudpalooza.com

Community Manager

This weekend!
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Community Member

I have clubs of the holy flame... most of them "helpfully" provided by Evennote.
    Last edited by vms4ever; 10-01-2018 at 02:05 PM. Reason: Give credit where credit is due
    The blinking Drooam "backpack" is NOT a party buff. But its fun to say it is.

I was in the first run on Metaluscious with my son playing one of my hubby's alts Inkredabal Horc and then I think in the third(?) run on my main Aelonwy with my hubby finally home on his main Flaggon. Its too bad I can't get Discord to work on my computer, I know I'm missing out on a lot of conversations in group and with the DDO community and devs because Discord is so prevalent now. Probably would have worked out better if it had occurred to us to have the twitch playing on another screen so we could hear everything... I feel silly.

I do hope you are getting attention for Extra Life. Good luck to you, we had fun, thanks everyone -
    -Blood Scented Axe Body Spray
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

I was there in the first run (I'm small - so can easily get hidden in a group) and I passed several people random loot that might be useful to their class. I remember passing Metaluscious some loot (you seemed to be having fun).

The Inkredabal Horc, was dancing with me after the final fight. As he's so large it was like having a protective umbrella shielding me. Unfortunately I didn't remember to get any proper screenshots.

Little friends may prove great friends.

The sound form Evennote (I think) some reason was too low (even after adjusting volume settings in DDO) for me to hear most of what she said. Most other people on microphone seemed to be set at normal levels. :-)

I did unlock one or two barrier levers to allow people to solve the puzzles, etc. Typically with Epic PUG Shroud, I'm mainly asked: not to enter Shroud Puzzle rooms... So I can unlock and resurrect people that have been touched by the "Prismatic Wall" and got their 'Soul stone' trapped inside a room. I'm too valuable to risk getting zapped by the "Wall" inside a room - if nobody else can pick locks. ;-)

Great fun was had by all. :D
    Last edited by DYWYPI; 10-08-2018 at 02:57 PM. Reason: Grammar.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Finch_Bloomwhiffler View Post

For more details about this event, the server schedule, and ways you can participate if you can't make the stream, please visit shroudpalooza.com

Question, where and when will the febreze be distributed so that we can rid ourselves of the stench of wet llama?

Though, on a more serious note, if Moose and I are free in January we might say hello.
    Last edited by Darknark; 10-08-2018 at 08:25 PM.
    Gordy - A Tribe Called Zerg - Cannith
    Agordmil - Agordmils - Byoh - Crocodylia - Schrödingers - MooseAlert - Zufallig - Mooselicker
    Solo ToD (Arcane) no pots preMotu

Quote Originally Posted by Darknark View Post
    Question, where and when will the febreze be distributed so that we can rid ourselves of the stench of wet llama?
    You will never be free, Gordy. NEVER.

Thanks to the Thelanis residents and people in Twitch who joined in on Shroudpalooza last Saturday! You do good work!