Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    @ Devs -

Could you, please, consider doing 1 more thing to cosmetics, while you're there?

It would be great if a character's appearance would stay as you last left it when you log in/out. Currently, it defaults back to whatever is sitting in the cosmetic slot - and that's not always what a player wants. And it's odd that it does that, b/c in the character selection screen, it shows your last appearance - so the game is already "remembering" it, somewhere.

Having to open inventory, and de-select the "cosmetic" switch, then close again, every time you log in - gets old fast.

Just a simple request., if it's not too much trouble, thx.

p.s. Love the cloaks!

Q - Are there plans to allow any Festival enchanting to be put on cosmetic cloaks, sim to how Risia fire/cold resists/etc. can be put on them?
    Why do you have something equipped into your cosmetic slot that you don't want visible? Wouldn't it be easier to just not have it equipped?
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Why do you have something equipped into your cosmetic slot that you don't want visible? Wouldn't it be easier to just not have it equipped?
    The Drow mask for instance has a clicky on it. I like to keep it equipped so I can just click it to turn the bonus on when I log in, currently I have to equip it, use clicky, unequipped it. Once you hide something it should stay hidden.

Simple: it takes up inventory slot when not equipped.

Thanks

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

+1 Well Done!
    +1 Thanks!
    +1 Wow!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    Do Named Cloaks have unique appearances?

• Some Named Cloaks (especially low-level ones) have very basic appearances that might match what you can pull in Lootgen.
    • In many cases, Named Cloaks may share similarities with Randomized ones, but on most of them they're in a Color combination or a Pattern you would not be able to find in Random Loot.
    • A handful of Named Cloaks have entirely unique appearances.
    And suddenly I'm glad I didn't feed the virutally useless The Invisible Cloak of Strahd to a sentient jewel like I've considered multiple times to free up space in the ever-increasingly limited BTC bank.

Although, as others have pointed, since it's invisible, what sort of graphic should it have? A semi-transparent, misty/ghostly graphic could be pretty cool and would fit the RL theme.

Quote Originally Posted by GramercyRiff View Post
    Can you make it so that the cloak can show up on my wolf druid?
    Things worthy of Standing Stone going EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on.:
    • NEW - Setting Unarmed Strike back to what it was and attacking the real problem: Reinforced Fists items.
    • Fix the flipping non-proficiency penalties for Bear and Wolf wildshapes!
    • Redoing the drop rates of tomes in generic and raid loot tables.
    • Keep Lynnabel on task with updating the remaining legacy named loot to not suck.
    • Tiering the Runearms so that artificers aren’t screwed out of the advantages of Cannith Crafting in Epic levels on their signature item.
    • Finishing the enhancement tree passes (including racial PrE’s) before rolling out yet another DDOStore™ Enhancement Tree.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by LT218 View Post
    And suddenly I'm glad I didn't feed the virutally useless The Invisible Cloak of Strahd to a sentient jewel like I've considered multiple times to free up space in the ever-increasingly limited BTC bank.

Although, as others have pointed, since it's invisible, what sort of graphic should it have? A semi-transparent, misty/ghostly graphic could be pretty cool and would fit the RL theme.
    "Invisible" means you can't see it.

Maybe this spell will become more useful then?

http://ddowiki.com/page/See_Invisibility
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Satyriasys View Post
    The Drow mask for instance has a clicky on it. I like to keep it equipped so I can just click it to turn the bonus on when I log in, currently I have to equip it, use clicky, unequipped it. Once you hide something it should stay hidden.

I do the same with one of those hats that gives a skill boost.

I'd rather my goggles show but they no longer can be shown if you have cosmetic headgear equipped. (This used to be possible.)

2014 DDO Players Council

No, because toggling appearance on or off is much easier dragging something into and out of an equipment slot. And it doesn't use an inventory slot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    As a general rule we don't intend for a single spawn area to cause any dungeon alert, and certainly not red dungeon alert. This basically isn't ever a goal in our designs

On an opposite request, I would like to ask that my pirate hat stays toggled on when I log into the game. At character selection screen it shows that hat on when I logged off, but when I log in I have to toggle it on.

Another question. Will cloaks be visible for all races? I ask because when I did Dragonborn past lives the cosmetic hat wouldn't toggle on. I guess that is known and tech or art or something won't allow hats for this race.
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

You are the one choosing not to play alts.

Casual player now investing way less than I used to into the game, playing 1-3 months at a time and still want nothing to do with Reaper. #improvepuggrouping#alldifficultiesmatter

Hero, Mo Bro H'ro, & MB Super-H'ro ComicRelief's Avatar

Default No

*cough* [Elite] spider cult mask *cough*
    "...At least it tells us they understand our language; they're just not willing to speak to us in it. -Who knew they were French?"

Squee!

PB's random cloak appearances thread coming soon!

Hopefully the cloaks will do more than just "hang there."

A subtle "fluttering in the wind" effect would be very cool.
    The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. - Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Hi Welcome

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    Hopefully the cloaks will do more than just "hang there."

A subtle "fluttering in the wind" effect would be very cool.
    They do move, don't worry. It's been crazy trying to keep this under wraps - probably the best thing for DDO that's ever happened (except for the time we hid the ship buffs, that's still #1).
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

They do move, don't worry. It's been crazy trying to keep this under wraps - probably the best thing for DDO that's ever happened (except for the time we hid the ship buffs, that's still #1).
    I am officially "in" on visible cloaks, then.

Thanks!
    The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. - Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV)

Hi Welcome

The best change in DDO by far was the enhancement trees. Do you remember the old prestige enhancements? I still have nightmares.

Wow! This is great! Thanks for all the hard work. I Would love to see cosmetic boots and gloves down the road.
    Last edited by Kerthyn; 08-29-2018 at 03:47 PM.
    Kelerak (42 Lives/17 Epic) Kellraiser (15 Lives/4 Epic)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBlonde View Post
    Squee!

PB's random cloak appearances thread coming soon!
    how soon? how soon? how soon?

your friend sil

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast