Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel
    axel15810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    3,522

    Default Axel's DDO Channel: Is Easy XP a Problem?

    Got a nice fun to talk about/controversial topic this week



    Follow me on Twitter

    My Youtube homepage

  2. #2
    Community Member C-Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Lacalifusa
    Posts
    2,883

    Default

    One (obvious) solution would be to give XP ONLY at the end of quests. So optionals still add xp, but you don't get credit for any unless you actually complete the quest itself. (This also solves the problem (for some) of when to put on the VoM.)

    re Sagas:
    Currently, every "Saga" is thematic - it's tied together as a story. It's not just "let's throw all raids together". I like the idea of giving additional reasons for Raids, but it would take a paradigm shift in the game as-is.

    But, since there are a lot of raids, certainly might be able to tie some (w/ a few quests?) together as another "thematic storyline".
    Last edited by C-Dog; 08-27-2018 at 04:10 PM.

  3. #3
    Community Member MrTrolol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    151

    Default

    Give other quests more xp, no one wants less xp.

  4. #4
    Community Member voxson5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,065

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrTrolol View Post
    Give other quests more xp, no one wants less xp.
    It still boggles the mind on what calcs (if any) were done to figure out xp for each quest

  5. #5
    Community Member MrTrolol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by voxson5 View Post
    It still boggles the mind on what calcs (if any) were done to figure out xp for each quest
    Yea that gets me aswell heh

  6. #6
    Community Member voxson5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,065

    Default

    I dont think that raising xp across all the non-dailies and sagas is the way to go.

    To borrow from others on the forum, there is SO MUCH xp in the game already that your proposed idea would really just ruin things because without the hamster wheel there would be no reason to play the game.

    Im listening to your video while I write this - I dont agree with your opinion on what is a high effort quest - this is very subjective.

    I like the idea of a raid saga, with appropriate rewards, but not sure that implimemting this would help because players will still just solo everything that can be soloed, rather than waiting for groups or teaching the mechanics - especially if your play time is limited.

    I do think that there should be more variety of epics to run though. More epicified lowbies would be brilliant and an easy way to help move the older packs.

    Continue the Korthos story (sleeping giant awakes etc), return to the catacombs after all the conspiricies of LOD and the events of Shavarath, get back at 'wayfinder' Dael for being a liar, covert ops into Drooam to end Sora Katra, revisit the inspired and the dreaming dark etc etc.

    Adding more content and maybe looking at implimemting overlevel xp penalties in epics is how I would do it. I really dont think that just throwing more xp at existing content would be healthy.
    Last edited by voxson5; 08-27-2018 at 08:08 PM.

  7. #7
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel
    axel15810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    3,522

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by voxson5 View Post
    I dont think that raising xp across all the non-dailies and sagas is the way to go.

    To borrow from others on the forum, there is SO MUCH xp in the game already that your proposed idea would really just ruin things because without the hamster wheel there would be no reason to play the game.
    I'm not intending to suggest massive changes across the board for quest completion xp, just slight changes here and there as needed. I think the devs have done of good job with their xp passes in the past. Personally I'd want completing sagas to be the best xp/min.

    Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    One (obvious) solution would be to give XP ONLY at the end of quests. So optionals still add xp, but you don't get credit for any unless you actually complete the quest itself. (This also solves the problem (for some) of when to put on the VoM.)
    But then you wouldn't get any XP in situations where you beat 2/3rds of the quest and wipe at the end, so I understand why they distribute it throughout for most dungeons.

    Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    re Sagas:
    Currently, every "Saga" is thematic - it's tied together as a story. It's not just "let's throw all raids together". I like the idea of giving additional reasons for Raids, but it would take a paradigm shift in the game as-is.

    But, since there are a lot of raids, certainly might be able to tie some (w/ a few quests?) together as another "thematic storyline".
    That's a good point, I'd have to dig into the lore more to really understand all of what could and could not be thrown together. Or they could let the lore slip by the wayside, doesn't seem to be the most important area of the game to stay loyal to lore. Or maybe they could make new ones and just call them something else so they aren't thematically restricted to tying them to lore.
    Last edited by axel15810; 08-27-2018 at 09:10 PM.

  8. #8
    Community Member bls904c2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    263

    Default

    i don't see the a negative to easy xp.

    the reason is because people have a plan. what they are going after.

    and people play what they like. if it is xp they go after xp a min.

    if it is gear it is the quest that gives the gear.

    like you said the new pack does not get played much once i got loot i never returned except for WPM play it almost daily.
    because i like it. fun

    i still play TTT because friends are still looking for jibbers on alts. loot

    reaper dailies for reaper xp

    alts xp dailies for epic past lives.

    slavers played till eyes bleed for gear

    even if you increase xoriat quests to 200,000 xp a run i would not run them because of my distaste for that type of quest and i would be mad angry at people for pushing variety.

    people run what ever they are looking for.

    the grind for past lives is a grind and you want to minimize it.

    i don't run MotU untill 30 for seeds because i hate drow. so increase xp of those quests still wont make me run them

    giant hold useless loot and no quick way to quests sure teleport zones but still have short run not worth it.

    chains of flame good xp but zig zag quest and very long run to quest so not worth it


    i don't mind if other quests get increase to xp but not so much that i am now having to run quests that i hate for xp same problem as easy xp.

    more sagas no problem. but increasing xp to make it the new have to run. again i dislike certain type of enemies and it exchanges a mindless grind to one of frustration and distaste. not a good alternative

    so all im asking is people have a right to play the game the way they want and yes some grinds are mindless and boring. but dont make it so you have to play stupid mechanics and enemies you cant stand.

    Riding out the storm is a raid with stupid mechanic lighting
    Last edited by bls904c2; 09-06-2018 at 05:52 PM.

  9. #9
    Community Member Lagin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,930

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bls904c2 View Post
    giant hold useless loot and no quick way to quests sure teleport zones but still have short run not worth it.
    Tuesday I took a 3rd life toon very much under-equipped, and in 5 hours (along with 2 long breaks) got from lvl 25 to lvl 28. Epic Saga.

    So I disagree with you or anyone saying GH doesn't have decent xp @ minute.

    As fr the short runs to the quest, thats just petty. Like saying its a pain to run Tangleroot or CO6 because of the runs. STOP with the whiny "I have to run for 45 seconds is ruining my gaming experience"

    Axel, GREAT show. Thank you

  10. #10
    Community Member bls904c2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lagin View Post
    Tuesday I took a 3rd life toon very much under-equipped, and in 5 hours (along with 2 long breaks) got from lvl 25 to lvl 28. Epic Saga.

    So I disagree with you or anyone saying GH doesn't have decent xp @ minute.

    As fr the short runs to the quest, thats just petty. Like saying its a pain to run Tangleroot or CO6 because of the runs. STOP with the whiny "I have to run for 45 seconds is ruining my gaming experience"

    Axel, GREAT show. Thank you
    when im on a pot i go for best xp i can get when im not on one i dont care about run.

    and i did not say first time for gianthold is bad. BB first time epic runs of gianthold is good heck first time BB of most epic quests is good.

    none of the quests are really bad there are ones that are better than others. hum let me think 65k 5-7 min run with a 50% pot and a 50% buddy bonus = little over 110k 6 min average 1 million xp an hour boring and mindless and tedious but some is better then others

    and that is not even the speed runs i rarely do this kind of farm but when option is there i take it every other month.

    the game is something to do while joking around with friends. i am not trying to ruin your fun but i just made examples of how me and my friends play. i just pointed out people plan their time out for what is important to them that day that week or toons progress. people have different play styles wants and needs just don't make something into manditory when changing how xp is earned. to help your play style out.
    Last edited by bls904c2; 09-06-2018 at 08:42 PM.

  11. #11
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    38

    Default

    if i worked for turbine, i mean SSG, i could fix all the exp in quests in a couple of days. It isn't that difficult to increase the exp of quests, or decrease the ones like Von3

    It's very basic game designing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload