Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default I rolled a 97 on my daily roll dice and...

As the title said, it looks like I was "Lucky" on my daily dice roll:

(Standard): You rolled 97 on your Daily Dice and earned a Items prize!
    (Standard): You obtain 1000 Experience Points, and a Sun Flask.

… a Sun Flask for a roll of 97. A single Sun Flask and nothing else, besides the usual XP. This has to be a joke, a very bad joke, it's rather insulting. I would only see that on a roll of 40 or below, but on a 97?
    Guild I'm one of a kind, Khyber (Originally from Riedra)
    Current Crew: Raika ~ Carolanne ~ Sulthania ~ Yasminne ~ Zazette
    Semi-Retired Crew: Rosanna ~ Venusia ~ Coriza ~ Carelle
    Retired Crew: Alexandra ~ Samara ~ Zaretta ~ Katina ~ Nathalya ~ Kristina ~ Nausikaa ~ Carietta ~ Isabella ~ Zyvorra ~ Hetoff
    Guild The Ashen, Khyber
    Retired Crew: Zazumi

Been a lot of that since they changed the daily dice tables, rolling high can get good stuff still I guess, but the high rolls I have got since then have been mostly junk that I don't want, not even worth the space it takes up in inventory.

WAI as far as anyone knows.
    Quote Originally Posted by hp1055cm View Post
    They have been tweaking the game since I started and often I disagree with them. They focus on wrong stuff, over or under compensate and abandon too much stuff. Every once in awhile they get something right, if only temporarily.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Garthog77 View Post
    Been a lot of that since they changed the daily dice tables, rolling high can get good stuff still I guess, but the high rolls I have got since then have been mostly junk that I don't want, not even worth the space it takes up in inventory.
    I got a 100 gold this week. a +6 int tome and a pet crying eyeball.

Most of my rolls seem to be potions that last 1 minute and are completely not worth the effort of carrying around.

Quote Originally Posted by Cantor View Post
    I got a 100 gold this week. a +6 int tome and a pet crying eyeball.

Most of my rolls seem to be potions that last 1 minute and are completely not worth the effort of carrying around.
    One of those things that really makes no sense from a player perspective.

Tome +8 is the current highest
    Tome +7 is (sometimes) dropping from roll of 100 (unless they nerfed this?)
    Tome +6 is dropping on 100....

It would make far more sense if
    Highest tome on 100
    then each lower tier at -1
    eg:
    +7 on a 99
    +6 on a 98
    +5 on a 97

Pets and cosmetics should be 80-90 range, 90+ range should be really cool, 95+ amazing...
    Which house? Share plz!

Quote Originally Posted by janave View Post

Highest tome on 100
    eg:
    +7 on a 99
    +6 on a 98
    +5 on a 97

Pets and cosmetics should be 80-90 range, 90+ range should be really cool, 95+ amazing...

You roll on more than 1 table. If you roll a 100, you have invisible rolls on a 2nd and maybe even on a 3rd table. Those determine what tome you get for example. (Correct me, if I am wrong here SSG)
    Some people try to document each roll and make it more transparent since SSG is no friend of transparency.
    Beste, Titus. Don't do the fun wrong || New to Orien? Join Titan Channel || Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder ||

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by janave View Post

Highest tome on 100
    eg:
    +7 on a 99
    +6 on a 98
    +5 on a 97

This would flood the servers with high level tomes. These are meant to be extremely rare events, not candy tosses.

Quote Originally Posted by bracelet View Post
    This would flood the servers with high level tomes. These are meant to be extremely rare events, not candy tosses.
    I did not mean to eliminate the 2nd roll on the dice roll. Yeah with a single roll...
    Which house? Share plz!

Quote Originally Posted by bracelet View Post
    It makes sense for tomes, especially high value tomes to be rare events. But you would hope high rolls would always be something better than a useless potion.

And what did you do to earn that roll?

Did you demonstrate masterful gameplay and felt that reward was not up to snuff? Masterful gameplay is awarding in its own right.
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist), Naerfelka (farmer), Saelegion (parked level 4)
    Quote Originally Posted by Annex View Post
    Hope extinguished leaves fading memories of better times.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakushi View Post
    As the title said, it looks like I was "Lucky" on my daily dice roll:

(Standard): You rolled 97 on your Daily Dice and earned a Items prize!
    (Standard): You obtain 1000 Experience Points, and a Sun Flask.

… a Sun Flask for a roll of 97. A single Sun Flask and nothing else, besides the usual XP. This has to be a joke, a very bad joke, it's rather insulting. I would only see that on a roll of 40 or below, but on a 97?
    No worries. I rolled a 100 yesterday and got a 1500xp stone and a lesser heart of wood (BtA). I would have expected a +8 tome, or a supreme tome, no?

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrande View Post
    No worries. I rolled a 100 yesterday and got a 1500xp stone and a lesser heart of wood (BtA). I would have expected a +8 tome, or a supreme tome, no?
    Rubbing that salt, yes?
    Which house? Share plz!

The silver rolls don't seem to have any real top notch stuff, but you can get some useful store items like xp/slayer pots, hearts, bells, etc. It's a free daily roll after all, I wouldn't expect much more.

The gold rolls have much nice stuff. Not good enough to spend shards on, but I've gotten some solid pulls from the weekly roll.
    Sabathal and Sabbathiel of Sarlona

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrande View Post
    What are you trying to prove with that kind of answer? That I should have expected a top reward from the store with a roll of 97?

I just wanted to point out that getting a Sun Flask (a single Sun Flask), a completely useless item that we get in stacks of 20 from trading coins to the Jester of Festivus, should have never been on the table for a high roll, nothing else. What I expected from my roll, an xp/slayer pot would have made me happy because that's what we're supposed to expect from a high roll on the daily dice. A heart from a roll of 100 is a very nice reward, maybe people should read before trolling a thread, but who read threads before posting anyway.
    Guild I'm one of a kind, Khyber (Originally from Riedra)
    Current Crew: Raika ~ Carolanne ~ Sulthania ~ Yasminne ~ Zazette
    Semi-Retired Crew: Rosanna ~ Venusia ~ Coriza ~ Carelle
    Retired Crew: Alexandra ~ Samara ~ Zaretta ~ Katina ~ Nathalya ~ Kristina ~ Nausikaa ~ Carietta ~ Isabella ~ Zyvorra ~ Hetoff
    Guild The Ashen, Khyber
    Retired Crew: Zazumi

I understand a bellcurve within the various results - lucky roll but not a very lucky return, I can live w/ that.

But a sunflask is NOT a "100" item. It's a spit-in-your-hand-because-you-rolled-**** item.

That's just wrong.

I rolled 100 and got a spirit cake. I would have much preferred a mana pot or lesser xp elixir.

Quote Originally Posted by Saekee View Post
    And what did you do to earn that roll?
    If it was a gold roll, he bought it by being a VIP subscriber or by paying astral shards for the roll.

If it was a silver roll, he bought it by putting his time into DDO rather than some other game.

Quote Originally Posted by Niminae View Post
    If it was a gold roll, he bought it by being a VIP subscriber or by paying astral shards for the roll.

If it was a silver roll, he bought it by putting his time into DDO rather than some other game.

Good answer.

+1

Some people take feedback like this as entitlement, and that may be because you do see that here. But to me this thread is just valid feedback. If you want people to invest money, shards, and time, don't give them junk even when they get a good roll. In PnP, a DM pulling a stunt like that with rolls would likely not have a gaming group for long (granted, they wouldn't be charging them money for random consumables, but this is an MMO and people's wages so admittedly the analogy only goes so far). Reasonable people aren't going to expect a tome every time. But somebody who is reasonable is going to expect a roll of 100 not to be a sun flask. It needs to be something nice. I am happy if I see stuff like raid bypass timers, tool kits, and mirrors of glamering. But if it is something like a sun flask it just ends up being sold to a vendor for a measly amount of money that is worth more than the actual item. Just think how much more value the platinum roll is compared to vendoring a sun flask.
    Last edited by Gywiden; 08-16-2018 at 11:04 AM.

It was a Silver roll (XP token amount = 1000).

That said, I agree with the OP that a "single" Sunflask is inappropriate to that roll, and at a minimum needs to be a stack of them.

They have a similar problem on LOTRO-side when they do the weekly freebie store code for Crams (a HoT edible) that usually are sold/drop in stacks of 5+, but the coupon gives a single one.

Staying on topic of the OP - this is not an entitlement issue, but simply a conformity issue.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast