Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Community Member

I have noticed in the past few days eleite got a massive spike in difficulty. If I am on my cleric and get by a trap, there is a good chance it one shots me. There are now named boss dudes who drop special coins sometimes when you kill them. everything now hits like a cracked up ogre. Hard I do. I did what the one guy said and went to three barrel cove. On the quest the legend of lucky three toes.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nemora View Post
    I have noticed in the past few days eleite got a massive spike in difficulty. If I am on my cleric and get by a trap, there is a good chance it one shots me. There are now named boss dudes who drop special coins sometimes when you kill them. everything now hits like a cracked up ogre. Hard I do. I did what the one guy said and went to three barrel cove. On the quest the legend of lucky three toes.
    When you hit level 4, you start getting champions in hard and elite difficulties. They make things much more of a challenge. Keep the gold coins; you collect them and turn them in to a vendor in the Hall of Heroes for stuff. A few times a year there is really good stuff available for a limited time as well.

There is also a pretty big difference in difficulty in general between older and newer quests. Early levels have mostly older quests. When you get up to level 8 and past, you will start running into some newer quests that feel significantly more difficult in comparison.

I would encourage you not to struggle on your own if you get frustrated. Reach out to us or put up an LFM. People will help. I might know one or two new players in your level range as well, so you wouldn't have to deal with people ruining the experience for you.
    Graceana, assassin ~ Xiya, tempest ~ Shinshi, shintao ~ Ayaxi, thief-acrobat ~ Saravi, cleric ~ Sanziana, arcane archer ~ Kyudojin, mechanic
    Talvi, caster druid ~ Zinzie, shiradi sorc ~ Kishori, spellsinger ~ Faunia, wolf druid ~ Viven, warchanter ~ Jianqiao, ninja spy
    Cliodna, wizard ~ Serenwyn, swashbuckler ~ Duisteri, shuribuild ~ Mahuika, warlock ~ Narabali, tank ~ Tabbithah, artificer
    The Casual Obsession
    Khyber

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBlonde View Post
    Ask for TWEAKS and ye shall receive, and lo, the nerfhammer shall be moderate. Ask for cow from orbit and ye shall receive that, too, and be sorry you did.

Community Member

I am going to go on now as Diovantha. If you see a lfm go ahead and look me up.

Lots of good advice in the thread. I'll just add that there's definitely enough heroic content to cap on a first life running normal without repeating (too many) quests. So don't feel pressured to run everything on Elite like the vets do, just play as you're confortable and learn as you go.

Also, do explore the wilderness zones. Many vets advise against it cause it's not "optimal", but it's definitely a lot of fun and gets you into the game and its lore a lot more. After Korthos, the big ones are the Cerulean Hills (enter from Harbor) and Searing Heights (enter from Market).

I'm also on Khyber, but unfortunately all of my toons are currently in epics, prepping for reincarnation. But, if you need any advice / help, feel free to hit me up as Qrvar or Audamar. I'm usually on during European evenings and on weekends.
    Last edited by Ausdoerrt; 08-17-2018 at 04:12 AM.
    "People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. ... People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true." Terry Goodkind

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12