Default Don't take away our hope

The fallowing are not my words but they speak to me so I wanted to share them.

Great feedback guys?? You're having a laugh mate!

Poor show. You recognise there is an problem. But on the basis of a vocal minority on here, and it IS a SMALL minority who succeed in R10 regularly (hint - that's why they put videos of such rare achievements up) you roll back from implementation.

The rest of the community just get left behind again.

TBH the actual hp change was pretty inconsequential anyway - at 2k current gain 1000 hp, or gain 500 hp now, it's barely a hit or 2 anyway. Which everyone seems to be so concerned about. 500 hp is about a clicks worth of Blood Tribute. No biggie on the actual in game effect either way. Almost insignificant to the R10 organised groups you now seem to want to appease by not implementing as intended.

What is really irksome though is the lack of backbone in pandering to the loudest shout brigade. Again. This dynamic is very poor IMO.

For those who did have hope this change might help them redress their melee / ranged balance issues this is surely a right kick in the teeth.

After all, how do you hurt someone who with nothing? You give them hope, then break it.

Honestly, it would have been better if you'd just done nothing at all.

All you've achieved here is to reinforce the distinct impression you'll roll over to a small minority of high end players, and forget the rest. For what, a 1k or so boost to hp that a high end mob will swipe off in a hit or 2 anyway. So what?

Apart from anything else, that doesn't really help the levels of toxicity on here - Loudest wins, so guess everyone shouts louder.

GL with whatever you implement. But please stop running scared of the voices on here. It's your game. We need to trust that is the case, and not that of some loud player with an agenda who happens to be a dab hand at forum debate.

If you decide to implement something, do your homework first, then IMPLEMENT it.

This forum and this game needs leadership.

Sadly lacking from this whole sorry episode.

Primary Home: Argonnessen
    Also known as: Archarias, Ishtaris, Arthies, Artharias, Astanius, and Fidgity.

Quote Originally Posted by noobodyfool View Post
    Poor show. You recognise there is an problem. But on the basis of a vocal minority on here, and it IS a SMALL minority who succeed in R10 regularly (hint - that's why they put videos of such rare achievements up) you roll back from implementation.

The rest of the community just get left behind again.

The idea behind reaper 10 skull difficulty is that its almost impossible to complete, ie nobody or very few players can complete. Its hard to understand exactly what your point is in your post, but it seems like you think more people should be able to complete r10 without having to make any extra effort to progress your toon. Gimme them free HP's so I can complete r10, something like that. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Community Member

No, the game is already to easy. We don't want more free power just being handed out, especially when it both has such crippling QOL/usability problems (being unable to throw a heal at your buddies) and would be REQUIRED, the "don't lose it fi you don't like it lol" argument is dishonest because it assumes that future content won't require this.

100% chance that if they implemented the change as described it would be a net detriment to the game.

1. free power creep would necessitate future content have even higher damage

2. the penalties to healing others and teamwork is incompatible with reaper's design of encouraging teamwork and everyone healing each other.

3. it's dumb and unneeded, melees combined with a DC/CC caster are already the optimal dps in high reaper, if any group needs help right now then it's DPS casters (in reaper epics only)

4. if the change was reaper only then i could at least go back to playing elite only without having the entire 21-30 game be ruined.

The proposed changes were absolutely, objectively terrible. Trying to frame a massive negative community reaction as "a vocal minority" is dishonest, you just liked the changes so you're pretending others did too.

Quote Originally Posted by FlavoredSoul View Post
    No, the game is already to easy. We don't want more free power just being handed out, especially when it both has such crippling QOL/usability problems (being unable to throw a heal at your buddies) and would be REQUIRED, the "don't lose it fi you don't like it lol" argument is dishonest because it assumes that future content won't require this.

100% chance that if they implemented the change as described it would be a net detriment to the game.

1. free power creep would necessitate future content have even higher damage

2. the penalties to healing others and teamwork is incompatible with reaper's design of encouraging teamwork and everyone healing each other.

3. it's dumb and unneeded, melees combined with a DC/CC caster are already the optimal dps in high reaper, if any group needs help right now then it's DPS casters (in reaper epics only)

4. if the change was reaper only then i could at least go back to playing elite only without having the entire 21-30 game be ruined.

The proposed changes were absolutely, objectively terrible. Trying to frame a massive negative community reaction as "a vocal minority" is dishonest, you just liked the changes so you're pretending others did too.
    The Devs will be closing the gap between melee and ranged/casters ether by nerfing ranged/caster surviablity or buffing melee surviablity and increasing reaper difficulty don't worrie be happy

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by FlavoredSoul View Post
    No, the game is already to easy.
    Let me guess you play a chessy Warlock/shuri build.
    You may be angry but melee needs improvement. It isn't fun to be carried around by a bunch of lock on r5+.
    If the game is too easy for you challenge yourself with a melee.

How about you add more HP to Reaper trees that only applies is you have like Defensive stance, Heavy armor or shield feats or something? Or like +500 HP and -50 Ranged and spell power or something like that (change the numbers to whatever is appropriate)?

Just saying it's a reaper problem, solve it in reaper trees, instead of messing up the entire game balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Wh070aa View Post
    How about you add more HP to Reaper trees that only applies is you have like Defensive stance, Heavy armor or shield feats or something? Or like +500 HP and -50 Ranged and spell power or something like that (change the numbers to whatever is appropriate)?

Just saying it's a reaper problem, solve it in reaper trees, instead of messing up the entire game balance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh070aa View Post

This is where throwing the newish players a bone comes in, there is a certain subset group of players that will not play reaper they are the Ambassadors of DDO many enjoy helping new folks learn the game run raids and make friends folks like my guild leader.

Throwing the melee's be it new or vets that don't power game a few more HP is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiegum View Post
    Let me guess you play a chessy Warlock/shuri build.
    You may be angry but melee needs improvement. It isn't fun to be carried around by a bunch of lock on r5+.
    If the game is too easy for you challenge yourself with a melee.
    Melee is pretty dang strong atm and if locks are carrying you at R5+ you are a bad melee, simple.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTrolol View Post
    Melee is pretty dang strong atm and if locks are carrying you at R5+ you are a bad melee, simple.
    Hi Mrtrolol it's been a while since I seen you how's the Mstrolol doing and all the little Trolol's?

Quote Originally Posted by noobodyfool View Post
    Hi Mrtrolol it's been a while since I seen you how's the Mstrolol doing and all the little Trolol's?
    I don't see the point of this comment, i'm just saying melee is perfectly fine.

Community Manager

Please don't start a new thread just to anonymously quote someone else's post as part of an effort to further argue over a topic.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com