Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by YUTANG75 View Post
    Seeing as it's no longer an action boost you can now activate another action boost along with power surge? That way you're actually doing more damage than before and in more of a "surge" true to its name.

What action boost are you talking about? In live you can activate Power surge the same time with haste boost.

Add more charges up to 10 not 8. At live fighters can have 16 charges already.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolted View Post
    Eh both you and the guy you're answering to do not play fighters, that's for certain.
    Good to know. It has been about a year or so since I played a fighter and I thought they shared boosts. If they don't then you can disregard what I said.

Community Member the_one_dwarfforged's Avatar

This whole thing is a sad joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    By the way, sorry for the folks I dropped the death cube on. Except I'm not sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by DDOTalk71 View Post
    Due to the rising costs of OlladraCare, the Coin Lords laid off Mari and outsourced her job to foreigners.

#MakeStormreachGreatAgain
    Quote Originally Posted by changelingamuck View Post
    Class balance isn't a black-or-white...issue...

Quote Originally Posted by Revolted View Post
    Eh both you and the guy you're answering to do not play fighters, that's for certain.

PS worked as an action boost only in certain aspects. The number of AB's you got don't decrease when you use a PS, so if you got 12 AB's you'll have both 12 Haste boost, for example, AND 12 Power Surge, so for this reason, you won't actually gain any extra power from this change.
    PS also had it's own timer, so you could always use it and a action boost at the same time. So, again, nothing to gain from this change.

Now I do play a pure fighter dps at endgame. I'm not using PS since I got prowess, and actually it makes almost no difference at r10 difficulty (except for the extra hp which is always nice). This change, will absolutely nerf any fighter that won't use any of those kinky fillies, unless they give fighters a way to get more PS charges, for example through changing the cores 5 and 6 for that effect (which would be fair for the pure fighters, less so for the MC's, but well, if there's no trade off doing a MC, it becomes just too OP). It would still be a nerf of sorts (you'd drop from 12-16 power surges to 5-10), but it's not something that will break fighters and it's understandable that the devs want to change PS so it isn't a AB that don't work as an AB.
    Ahaha, you got me. Never actually used power surge, I've only ever used Kensai for monk builds.
    I can really see why power surge has and continues to cause issues with it being so special as a kinda of an action boost but not really except sometimes.
    Thank you for educating me, sometimes things are weirder than they seem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We are trying to kill you.

Flowin' through my mind... Being here, dreaming there...

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    Still subject to change, but we're tentatively adding +1 charge with Core 5 (One Cut) and +2 charges with Core 6 (Alacrity), so a pure Fighter that took the Capstone would end up with 8.
    Increase the bonuses to +2 and +3 respectively, for a total 10 at lvl 20 on pure fighters. 10 min PS between shrines. To be fair...
    Quote Originally Posted by erethizon View Post
    ...Raiding is pointless because gear will eventually be replaced by better gear. Past lives are forever and thus are the only character improvement that is worth the trouble of acquiring...
    Endgame is TR!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by J1NG View Post
    1. This is going ahead. Annoyed or not. It's coming.
    2. 5 charges is basic charges originally. The fact you got more (via Action Boost increments) is a separate issue. So going back to 5 is normal.
    Power surge was never a normal action boost. Normality and bring it back in to line were only mentioned now with the advent of this change.

Quote Originally Posted by J1NG View Post
    3. Know whow when to stand your ground. Know when your position is lost. Know what to do in such an instance. Go with the flow of things. This change is coming, you're not going to stop that short of buying out SSG and halting it personally. Therefore, work to make suggestions that would help mitigate the loss that would help in the design. eg. More charges in Core 5 and Core 6 (Capstone), etc. You won't help your position otherwise.

J1NG
    And no one is our handler. Everyone feel free to voice your opinion without repercussions. Within the boundaries or forum rules

Terrible idea to cut the charge number so drastically here. B would have been better if there had been something like "One charge per two Fighter class levels and/or Martial Epic Destiny levels." It'd slightly hurt deeper Fighter splits, but it wouldn't be so terrible for pure Fighters and those with lighter splashes.

As it is now? We just got nailed with a home run swing from the nerfbat.
    .: Sarlona - High Lords of Malkier : Reaper Life 1, 2 , and 3 alumnus : My Twitch : Out and Proud :.
    .: Inamorata (Heroic x2/Epic Completionist) / Signalmixer (TR3) (Vorpal Queen) / Darkchylde-1 / Tenpercenter / Rashree (TR) / Groundloop : Plus so many others! :.

Community Member

If a dev would be so nice as to chime in here and let me know how removing charges of power surge is supposed to help my fighter complete high reaper
    i would appreciate it.

I realize no one there wanted to fix the prowess filagree problem correctly, and now that the bad fix has hit testing theres no going back.
    So since we are now where we are....

please tell me how removing my ability to do damage is supposed to help me.

If your design goal is to increase melee survivability this change seems counterproductive to that end.

Quote Originally Posted by Melondrop View Post
    If a dev would be so nice as to chime in here and let me know how removing charges of power surge is supposed to help my fighter complete high reaper
    i would appreciate it.

I realize no one there wanted to fix the prowess filagree problem correctly, and now that the bad fix has hit testing theres no going back.
    So since we are now where we are....

please tell me how removing my ability to do damage is supposed to help me.

If your design goal is to increase melee survivability this change seems counterproductive to that end.
    I've been a Fighter on my main character for probably about half of my time playing DDO. Between the melee stance not stacking with SD and now power surge, clearly we're supposed to switch to Monk or Ranger. When are Otto's Boxes coming back?
    Quote Originally Posted by vyvy3369 View Post
    "Fortune and glory, kid. Fortune and glory.
    - Henry Jones, Sarlona
    All done with Completionist (again) and Epic Completionist. First character to 30 on Sarlona* (before the rollback).

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789