Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member Thunder-Monkey's Avatar

Default A friendly introduction to Epic Raiding (Ghallanda)

We have a regular Friday night raid group in the Ghallanda Fellowship. We would like to extend an invitation to anyone who would like to join us and experience raiding within The Fellowship.

We have a no-zerg policy which makes it an ideal environment for anyone new to the raid scene to learn raid mechanics. We are helpful, friendly, relaxed and patient, and we do not push the difficulty higher than we can manage as a party.

We are always happy for people to take on new roles and try things out, we will back you up if it doesn't work out. We have many experienced raiders in the group who will help you enjoy and progress your raid experience. Forget about those bad raid pugs in the past, we look out for everybody and leave no man/woman/robot behind; we are all-inclusive. Even if you're an experienced raider, you may find our relaxed pace a breath of fresh air.

Pre-reqs: be epic, be flagged, ears on, mic preferable.

If you need to get flagged we can help. Don't worry too much if you're not flagged for everything on the list, we try and work around it if someone is not flagged for something.

Raids that require flagging

• Fall of Truth
    • Defiler of the Just
    • Mark of Death
    • Legendary Shroud
    • Caught in the Web
    • Vault of Night
    • Curse of Strahd
    • Zawabi's Revenge
    • Lord of Blades
    • The Master Artificer

Raids with no flagging

• Temple of the Deathwyrm*
    • Fire on Thunder Peaks*
    • Legendary Hound of Xoriat
    • Legendary Tempest's Spine
    • Epic Chronoscope
    • Old Baba's Hut*
    • Riding the Storm Out

* - technically requires flagging but can be done in 5 minutes before the raid

We normally start grouping at around 8pm eastern.

If you think you might be interested in joining us one Friday, please reply below or send me a PM and we can discuss saving you a spot. I will post below with each week's raids.

TM
    Last edited by Thunder-Monkey; 08-16-2018 at 10:46 AM.

I would love to join up, I am EU based so limited to Evenings and often only get a couple of hours to play.

I guess having different characters at the right levels being flagged and ready maybe a challenge.

Are the raids all in epic levels? I mainly play Tymout (warlock parked at lvl 30) and Tymkul (TR junky)
    G-land
    Main characters, Tymout, Tymkul, Tymbom, Tymantha etc...

Quote Originally Posted by skorpeon View Post
    I would love to join up, I am EU based so limited to Evenings and often only get a couple of hours to play.
    Hi Skorpeon, our grouping time is around 8pm eastern, so it will be early morning EU time.

Quote Originally Posted by skorpeon View Post
    I guess having different characters at the right levels being flagged and ready maybe a challenge.

Are the raids all in epic levels? I mainly play Tymout (warlock parked at lvl 30) and Tymkul (TR junky)
    The Friday group is all epic characters. We can help with flagging if you need it for a specific raid one week.

Being a Tyrs member grants you auto-access to the Fellowship. If you cannot make it on Fridays due to timing we can host raids in the War Room at a more suitable time for you, maybe a saturday or sunday evening (EU time). Most of the group are based in the US (except me) so weekends would be our best chance of getting the numbers needed. I will PM you with the Fellowship details.

TM

Tonight's raids are Defiler of the Just and something else (to be decided).

TM

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder-Monkey View Post

TM
    Cool idea. I’m out of town this week and playing pnp next week, but I’ll join whenever else I can. We should really get THAC0 into the Tyrs fellowship thinger. There are so few of us left on as regulars ot would help woth grouping. Not sure about the zerg deal though. Such a loose interpretation of what zerging is. I tend to not run past mobs but I also don’t do every optional nor break every barrel. I’ve been told I’m going to fast, but I’ve also had a hard time keeping up woth others. So does that mean I’m Zerg-Lite? Zergish? Almost-Zerg? Efficient? No patient? Lol.

Most raids can’t really be zerged anyway though.

Hi Simo,

Would be great to have THAC0 in the fellowship, but I understand your concerns re the no-zerg thing, so I will try and outline what it means within a Fellowship context...

To me, the no-zerg rule means we run as a party, at the pace of the slowest member, and no one gets left behind. But this is flexible within the group, for example, running EN dailies for XP with a group of friends who know the quest and expect to get it done quickly. However if someone joins that group and doesn't know it well, we slow the pace a little and make sure they don't get lost.

Within our raid groups, we do try and stick together as a group. There are a few raids where its possible to get carried along by faster players (LTS, CITW) and in this case, our expectation is that you will wait for the team at the next major battle/junction so that everyone can take part. I think that's what it means to most of us, being able to take part and feel we have contributed to success.

Our typical raid group consists of many varied abilities, levels and builds. We want everyone to have fun so we tailor the difficulty to ensure this. If you are looking for an elite raid group who really push the difficulty boundaries then this probably isn't the group you're looking for. Move along. That said, we do have members who raid with other groups on higher difficulties who look for joiners within the Fellowship chat channel, so even if you can't hold yourself back enough to raid with us in the Fellowship manner, you may find other groups which allow you to unleash the beast.

TL;DR - the no-zerg rule is flexible to a point (depending on group make-up), less so in raids, we want everyone to have fun regardless of ability.

If you're unsure whether the Fellowship is suitable for you and your guild, please join us one Friday and try it out.

TM

Community Member

TM
    What Reaper level?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaboom2112 View Post
    What Reaper level?
    We will tailor the difficulty to the group. As our group has not yet completed any difficulty higher than Epic Hard, i can't see that we will be tackling reaper mode tonight.

TM

I approve of this thread.

This Friday's main feature is Old Baba's Hut. After that... who knows?

TM

2014 DDO Players Council

• Old Baba's Hut

* - technically requires flagging but can be done in 5 minutes before the raid
    I think you missed the "*" next to Baba.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    As a general rule we don't intend for a single spawn area to cause any dungeon alert, and certainly not red dungeon alert. This basically isn't ever a goal in our designs

This Friday's main feature is Old Baba's Hut. After that... who knows?

TM
    I would like to join for that with my warlock Mikarto. I have done the raid before. European (Danish) but will stay up late to join in

Thank you for hosting.
    Danskerne
    Et dansktalende guild på Ghallanda. Send PM, hvis du er interesseret.

Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post
    I think you missed the "*" next to Baba.

Thank you, Sir. Fixed

Quote Originally Posted by mikarddo View Post
    I would like to join for that with my warlock Mikarto. I have done the raid before. European (Danish) but will stay up late to join in

Thank you for hosting.
    Cool Mikarddo, will save you a spot and get in touch in-game. Thanks.

TM

Community Member

I would like to join for that with my FVS (dps) Neetech . I have done the raid before. European (Danish) but will stay up late to join in

Cool Sholvah, will save you a spot and get in touch in-game. Thanks.

TM

Community Member PentegarnDarras's Avatar

The mrs and I would LOVE to join. Shes new and has never run a raid.
    I am Vultheryol in game (L30 Artificer) and she is Gwylum (L29 paladin).

Quote Originally Posted by PentegarnDarras View Post
    The mrs and I would LOVE to join. Shes new and has never run a raid.
    I am Vultheryol in game (L30 Artificer) and she is Gwylum (L29 paladin).
    Cool Pentegarn, we will save you 2 spots and contact you in-game.

TM

Community Member

Yep, well done. A very nice, community-minded thing to do for your server.

Good luck with it.
    Astrican on Khyber

Doing some time zone conversions, we usually start at around 1:00 am UTC. Several of us will be online earlier than that to help with any last minute flagging that may be needed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast