Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Downtime Notice: Friday August 3rd 9:30am-12:30pm Eastern (-4 GMT)

UPDATE 2: Game worlds are now open!

UPDATE: This downtime has been confirmed and is no longer tentative. This patch will go ahead as described below.

The DDO game worlds will be unavailable from 9:30am-12:30pm Eastern (-4 GMT) on Friday, August 3rd to release Update 39 Patch 1 Hotfix 1. This hotfix is meant to fix an issue blocking completion of the quest "Wrath of Earth" as well as fix the type of augment slots that the new Crystal Cove Armor recipes have.
    Last edited by Cocomajobo; 08-03-2018 at 09:45 AM.
    Tell me about any and all bugs you encounter by clicking here!

NOTE: Submitting a bug in this manner is not a quick fix for past occurrences; it is instead a means of bringing issues to our attention to prevent future occurrences for both you and others. Providing detailed information, especially specifics about your account and character as well as what steps you took leading up to the issue, are critical to us being able to pinpoint the cause of any problems you have encountered.

As now reflected in the OP, this downtime has been confirmed.

NOTE: Submitting a bug in this manner is not a quick fix for past occurrences; it is instead a means of bringing issues to our attention to prevent future occurrences for both you and others. Providing detailed information, especially specifics about your account and character as well as what steps you took leading up to the issue, are critical to us being able to pinpoint the cause of any problems you have encountered.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    Is it possible to copy these non-scheduled or abnormally scheduled downtimes (hotfixes and deviations from the normal weekly downtime day) on the Twitter account (DDOUnlimited)?

Would be great if it's possible. Thanks!
    Ghallanda - Spock's elvish cousin, not to mention his other Pointy* (Eared and otherwise) alts

Community Member

Got the sinking feeling that the spellcaster boosting red augment duelist armors I was planning to get aren't going to happen.

Sigh

Yet again another downtime post on the forums not put on the launcher.

Please remember most players don't use the forums and for some of us not on US time, this is our playing time.

Nothing like logging in to a 'the game is about to go down' to **** you right off.

Community Member

to release Update 39 Patch 1 Hotfix 1
    Its not a hotfix if you have to take the servers down to do it. Then its just a patch. Hotfix means doing it "live" with the servers still running

Swapped all my old duelist leathers for the new red augment ones (primarily b/c of red augment). Do you think they'll change those? I'm not sure if I'd have wanted to make the gear swap without those red augments.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lohoydo View Post
    Its not a hotfix if you have to take the servers down to do it. Then its just a patch. Hotfix means doing it "live" with the servers still running
    Yeah, in general you're right. But in DDO and elsewhere, it also applies to an unscheduled update.

Game worlds are now open!

Community Member

Any chance this fix will bring some of the Cove weapons' base damage into line with current loot? (Flotsam and Cutthroat's Blade, in particular?)

[ninja'd by coco! ]

This hotfix is meant to fix an issue blocking completion of the quest "Wrath of Earth" as well as fix the type of augment slots that the new Crystal Cove Armor recipes have.
    But not that you guys changed the cavalry plate from medium to heavy, even though it's mithral plate (and should be medium)? I thought "hey, I can replace my old plate that never got upgraded" when I discovered this change.

Community Member

...This hotfix is meant to ... fix the type of augment slots that the new Crystal Cove Armor recipes have.
    Whilst items you can buy have this fixed. All my armors that I had already bought have red augments still.

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TinkTM View Post
    Whilst items you can buy have this fixed. All my armors that I had already bought have red augments still.
    This is fixing the items you buy after the patch. It does not change the augments on armor that you've already bought. Red augments are hard to come by while green augments are common as dirt, so I'd count the red augment armor as a nice perk that you'll want to keep.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    This is fixing the items you buy after the patch. It does not change the augments on armor that you've already bought. Red augments are hard to come by while green augments are common as dirt, so I'd count the red augment armor as a nice perk that you'll want to keep.
    Except the for the fact that Red Augments will not work on Armor (body slot) items. You can slot something there and it will not provide a benefit to anything that is applied on hit to an enemy item.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    No. A player never hits anything with their armor. Spell Power does work, anything on-hit won't.

The Twilight Avengers are always recruiting - http://twilightavengersofeberron.yuku.com/topic/655

Quote Originally Posted by GoldyGopher View Post
    Except the for the fact that Red Augments will not work on Armor (body slot) items. You can slot something there and it will not provide a benefit to anything that is applied on hit to an enemy item.
    Spell power augments

Community Member

I don't see why a red slot on armor was a problem to be fixed. It's a great option on anyone who needs some casting power while red slots on their weapons are otherwise occupied with something useful for combat (warpriests, archers, TWF/THF/SWFs, etc, etc.). And in reaper, who *wouldn't* like more healing spellpower for cocoon and so forth? Would love to see more armors with this.

And how is leaving existing red-slotted Cove armors in place fair? If the devs think it's OP, it's unfair to leave them in place only for those who grabbed them on the first day of the event. If they think they are junk, why not make the fix retroactive (or create a trade-in option) so people didn't waste their mats?

Quote Originally Posted by TinkTM View Post
    This is true, as we could not fix existing copies and properly test the change in the timeframe allotted for the hotfix.

I would not expect these copies to retain Red Slots forever.
    We don't only build for the builds that exist.
    We don't only build for the builds that are good right now.

The fact that some changes are necessary is not diminished by the fact that other necessary changes have not happened yet.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    I would not expect these copies to retain Red Slots forever.
    Lame. Just chalk this up as a bonus niche item for people who wanted to get a piece of armor with a red slot and move on. Is it really worth developer time?

Default Waa sad to see the treasure hunters spyglass didnt change

spot and search is what made it a spyglass not sure why it changed but i guess some will like it as long as the old still work will not switch mine out
    Guild Leader Agents of the Dreaming Dark server Ghallanda, Officer of Ravenloft Raiders Sarlona

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
    And how is leaving existing red-slotted Cove armors in place fair?
    There are lots of legacy items in the game that you can no longer get. For example, I like my Large Guild Slot items, but they can't be pulled anymore. And my ML 6 Silver Longbow, which is only available as ML 8 now.

Are you proposing to nerf/remove all such things in the name of fairness? How is that fair to the people who have them?

Leaving the existing red-slotted armors alone is far fairer than taking them away from people who spent time and ingredients to get them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    As a general rule we don't intend for a single spawn area to cause any dungeon alert, and certainly not red dungeon alert. This basically isn't ever a goal in our designs

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast