Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
    I don't see why a red slot on armor was a problem to be fixed. It's a great option on anyone who needs some casting power while red slots on their weapons are otherwise occupied with something useful for combat (warpriests, archers, TWF/THF/SWFs, etc, etc.). And in reaper, who *wouldn't* like more healing spellpower for cocoon and so forth? Would love to see more armors with this.

And how is leaving existing red-slotted Cove armors in place fair? If the devs think it's OP, it's unfair to leave them in place only for those who grabbed them on the first day of the event. If they think they are junk, why not make the fix retroactive (or create a trade-in option) so people didn't waste their mats?
    Making the fix retroactive was not something they were able to do. Is that fair? Honestly, it doesn't matter whether it is fair. It isn't "fair" that some people have ML 8 Shroud items while mine are all ML 11 or ML 12. But it doesn't matter that someone else has something that I don't have as long as I can have the stuff that I need to actually run quests.

TL;DR - it isn't going to be "fixed" for old items and that's okay.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post
    There are lots of legacy items in the game that you can no longer get.
    Certainly, I even benefit from some of them myself (silver longbow in particular, old lowbie paralyzers, etc.). But I also know there's a game balance problem when there is a significant power gap between players based simply on the loot tables in place when they joined. In this case, as I already stated, I think they should have left the red-slotted armors alone. Moreover, one day--yesterday--hardly makes something a "legacy" item equivalent to a ML 8 shroud item. (And there are easier ways to compensate people who spent the mats yesterday). In any case, not something they intend to do anything about.

So, how about those Cove weapons that don't have proper base damage modifiers for their level? Is there a hotfix coming for those?

Quote Originally Posted by lronEnema View Post
    Spell power augments
    According to the Devs those only apply on hit and still would not work, not that I tested it, so YMMV.

The Twilight Avengers are always recruiting - http://twilightavengersofeberron.yuku.com/topic/655

So, how about those Cove weapons that don't have proper base damage modifiers for their level? Is there a hotfix coming for those?
    Even without an additional hotfix, you can use the workaround of "run Cove again since it's really not hard" if you want new weapons.
    And that is beautiful
    And that is beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by GoldyGopher View Post
    According to the Devs those only apply on hit and still would not work, not that I tested it, so YMMV.
    I actually tested all of the red augments last night for those who may have wanted to use them. The spellpower augments work. Passive augments that add DR breaking elements don't work sadly. No do on hit/proc effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    This is true, as we could not fix existing copies and properly test the change in the timeframe allotted for the hotfix.

I would not expect these copies to retain Red Slots forever.
    I'd actually prefer if you don't remove these copies or change them to blue slots.

I grabbed a couple in case they remain as is. But I can definitely state that they have use for clerics, druids, or bards due to the ability to slot spellpower augments in them.

I don't see why a red slot on armor was a problem to be fixed. It's a great option on anyone who needs some casting power while red slots on their weapons are otherwise occupied with something useful for combat (warpriests, archers, TWF/THF/SWFs, etc, etc.). And in reaper, who *wouldn't* like more healing spellpower for cocoon and so forth? Would love to see more armors with this.

And how is leaving existing red-slotted Cove armors in place fair? If the devs think it's OP, it's unfair to leave them in place only for those who grabbed them on the first day of the event. If they think they are junk, why not make the fix retroactive (or create a trade-in option) so people didn't waste their mats?
    people were grinding the cove for red slots. that reason alone the red slots should have stayed.
    what do i care i play a monk, but i love to see players flip into grind mode
    mojo

Quote Originally Posted by edrein View Post
    I'd actually prefer if you don't remove these copies or change them to blue slots.

I grabbed a couple in case they remain as is. But I can definitely state that they have use for clerics, druids, or bards due to the ability to slot spellpower augments in them.
    I didn't initially think regarding spell power opportunity from augments, but this could be a very useful addition for the reasons that you have stated. Hopefully they may consider adding multiple versions of these items.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    Even without an additional hotfix, you can use the workaround of "run Cove again since it's really not hard" if you want new weapons.
    Don't think you know what I'm referring to. Some of the new weapons like Flotsam and the revamped Cutthroat blade don't appear to have the usual progression of base damage multipliers with item level. For example, lvl 8 versions should be 1.25[W], lvl 24 version should have at least 3[W], lvl 28 4[W]. Running the Cove again won't help address that.

Don't think you know what I'm referring to. Some of the new weapons like Flotsam and the revamped Cutthroat blade don't appear to have the usual progression of base damage multipliers with item level. For example, lvl 8 versions should be 1.25[W], lvl 24 version should have at least 3[W], lvl 28 4[W]. Running the Cove again won't help address that.
    I knew about that issue, but I mistakenly thought that the issue was fixed with this hotfix and that you were asking for a hotfix to fix weapons that people had previously gotten.
    And that is beautiful
    And that is beautiful

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by edrein View Post
    I actually tested all of the red augments last night for those who may have wanted to use them. The spellpower augments work. Passive augments that add DR breaking elements don't work sadly. No do on hit/proc effects.
    Which is exactly why they are being changed and possibly going through the trouble of fixing those that got out. Also why there are no other non weapon/shields in the game with red/purple/orange slots. Many red augments simply do nothing in them.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    I knew about that issue, but I mistakenly thought that the issue was fixed with this hotfix and that you were asking for a hotfix to fix weapons that people had previously gotten.
    OK. I checked after the update, and they weren't changed. Funny oversight by the devs, given that they explicitly mentioned updating the weapons to match the regular loot progression as one of the justifications for overhauling the rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    This is true, as we could not fix existing copies and properly test the change in the timeframe allotted for the hotfix.

I would not expect these copies to retain Red Slots forever.
    Depends on how much a power creep or revenue loss you guys count it i suppose, but plenty of ancient bugs in the game like Arty dog freezes and is broken if it uses a ladder, that one is 6 or so years old now, since the pets were created.

Community Member

Default In the Name of the Sanctity of Possessions.

'I would not expect these copies to retain Red Slots forever.' -Steelstar.If a Player bought it with any currency, Has it in their character's Inventory, Bank or Shared Bank, (& I don't). It Should -NOT- be altered. Be it a beneficial or hindrance.What Players -BUY- really needs to be Theirs.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vagabon_Ghost View Post
    'I would not expect these copies to retain Red Slots forever.' -Steelstar.If a Player bought it with any currency, Has it in their character's Inventory, Bank or Shared Bank, (& I don't). It Should -NOT- be altered. Be it a beneficial or hindrance.What Players -BUY- really needs to be Theirs.

Don't be silly, you don't own anything in this game including your account. You pay for a licence to access it and that's it.
    I am a refugee of Devourer, abandoned by Coadmasters and washed up on the shores of the new world Thelanis under the rule of the Turbine empire. The locals are primative, the monsters are tough, and to survive in this savage land i must live by one philosophy... trust no one.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohoydo View Post
    Its not a hotfix if you have to take the servers down to do it. Then its just a patch. Hotfix means doing it "live" with the servers still running
    If I had a nickel for every time someone complains about this...
    Ordinary humans have inhibitions that serve as a buffer against what we know is bad behavior.
    However, some people, by blaming others for their own bad behavior, develop a thought pattern that allows them to override self-control in order to achieve a selfish end.
    - My opinion on exploiters and cheaters blaming SSG for unfair punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by ilhares View Post
    But not that you guys changed the cavalry plate from medium to heavy, even though it's mithral plate (and should be medium)? I thought "hey, I can replace my old plate that never got upgraded" when I discovered this change.
    Actually, the Cavalry Plate was originally mithral heavy armor which means that it had the protection of heavy with the weight and penalties of medium. It got changed when they nerfed mithral. That was probably like 5 or 6 years ago. It still isn't the way it used to be, but at least it's not medium armor any more.
    Quote Originally Posted by MalkavianX View Post
    and then dropped it like a burning kitten

Quote Originally Posted by Vagabon_Ghost View Post
    If a Player bought it with any currency, Has it in their character's Inventory, Bank or Shared Bank, (& I don't). It Should -NOT- be altered. Be it a beneficial or hindrance.What Players -BUY- really needs to be Theirs.
    No, if the currency is in the character's inventory, it needs to be the character's. And it is.

If the character wants to complain... well, they can't, b/c that's not coded in to /emotes. Oops.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lohoydo View Post
    Its not a hotfix if you have to take the servers down to do it. Then its just a patch. Hotfix means doing it "live" with the servers still running
    Don't reboot it; just patch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYRlTISvjww

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fedora1 View Post
    If I had a nickel for every time someone complains about this...
    ...you'd be able to buy a server with hot-swappable RAM and CPUs?

Words mean things.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast