Default Temporary Quest Closure: Enter the Kobold

We are temporarily closing Enter the Kobold to fix an issue that prevents completion of the dungeon. The other quests in the Reaver's Reach adventure pack remain open.
    Tell me about any and all bugs you encounter by clicking here!

NOTE: Submitting a bug in this manner is not a quick fix for past occurrences; it is instead a means of bringing issues to our attention to prevent future occurrences for both you and others. Providing detailed information, especially specifics about your account and character as well as what steps you took leading up to the issue, are critical to us being able to pinpoint the cause of any problems you have encountered.

Oh, that's easy. I didn't farm them. I just cheated. -Meghan
    Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    lol, I didnt give it a QA pass.

Community Member

Default Enter Kobold

any ideas as to how long the quest is going to remain closed. would really like to do this quest so that I may do Stealer of Soul's but understand if quest is unfixable.

Quote Originally Posted by kyra View Post
    any ideas as to how long the quest is going to remain closed. would really like to do this quest so that I may do Stealer of Soul's but understand if quest is unfixable.
    I dont know why they dont just drop the flagging requirements for an arc when a single quest is taken away.

Where people apparently have lions walking in the streets- I reside in Khyber

Quote Originally Posted by voxson5 View Post
    I dont know why they dont just drop the flagging requirements for an arc when a single quest is taken away.
    If ddo's coding history is anything to go by, rewriting the entire game may prove simpler than turning off a flagging mechanic, unfortunately. One change could awaken 10000 dormant bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by wraxzz View Post
    One change could awaken 10000 dormant bugs.
    Well, there is one potential quest name.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by wraxzz View Post
    One change could awaken 10000 dormant bugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by LightBear View Post
    Ah, the Legendary version of Kobold Assault...

Where people apparently have lions walking in the streets- I reside in Khyber

Quote Originally Posted by LightBear View Post

Community Member

Is this still down?????????

Quote Originally Posted by Duke2100 View Post
    Is this still down?????????
    Yep, just checked last week. Kicks you right out of the quest. Could've used the armor from refuge too.

I don't understand why the solution to a bug that makes the quest impossible to complete sometimes is to close it and make it impossible to complete at all.

Community Manager

We have reopened the quest as of today.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Community Member ideal_insomnia's Avatar

Um, I'm afraid the quest still bugs out. I believe the issue was with the puzzle? In that case looks like it wasn't solved. Walked in today and the puzzle was already lit up, with no way to interact with it. I was able to get to the end fight, and even loot everything, but the "Kobold gauntlet" objective was never completed and so the quest was impossible to finish. Moreover, something seems to be wrong with other "lights" puzzles in the game. I've done 2 runs of shroud lately in both all the puzzles were already solved. This wasn't preventing completion in Shroud, actually making it easier, but clearly it's the same issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We have reopened the quest as of today.

Quote Originally Posted by ideal_insomnia View Post
    Um, I'm afraid the quest still bugs out. I believe the issue was with the puzzle? In that case looks like it wasn't solved. Walked in today and the puzzle was already lit up, with no way to interact with it. I was able to get to the end fight, and even loot everything, but the "Kobold gauntlet" objective was never completed and so the quest was impossible to finish. Moreover, something seems to be wrong with other "lights" puzzles in the game. I've done 2 runs of shroud lately in both all the puzzles were already solved. This wasn't preventing completion in Shroud, actually making it easier, but clearly it's the same issue.

Cordovan said they re-opened the quest, not that they fixed anything.

Puzzle in Monestary is broken too... Solving the puzzle does nothing. have to kill Sannyasi to complete the quest.
    Jotmon -
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Argo-Jotmon(HC 28/42,EC 26/36,IC 17/15,RC 14/30), Jotlock(HC 38/42,EC 36/36,IC 15/15, RC 0/30)..
    and several once viable raiding alts dumped into the packmule stables..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Too bad I 'purchased' maximum character slots for my account, SSG has now chosen to cater the giveaway perks to benefit multiple freebie accounts instead of the paying customers.

Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    Cordovan said they re-opened the quest, not that they fixed anything.

Puzzle in Monestary is broken too... Solving the puzzle does nothing. have to kill Sannyasi to complete the quest.
    Monastary is known and a fix is ready for it in the next patch.

So it still bugs out. Bummed me out. all the lights lit when got to the puzzle room... December 11th, 2018. One of the last quests I needed... At least I was still able to get the dragonshard essence, and failure to complete the quest didn't stop me from running Stealer of Souls. Just a shame I wasn't able to get the favor from ETK.
    Last edited by cdemeritt; 12-11-2018 at 02:04 AM.
    (Say): Haywire says, '"Hey, I don't come into yer home and play with things."'