Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wink Favored Soul Build Guide!!!!!

Lots of people have asked me for Favored Soul advice and build suggestions for a decent amount of time now. When I found out about the new tress and changes coming out I wanted to write an advanced guide for Favored Soul to help people refine their characters.
    Also its the coolest class ever and needed a guide to show its awesomeness!!!!

Out now for your viewing pleasure

Unsinful's Advanced Guide to Favored Soul

>>TO UNSINFUL'S FAVORED SOUL GUIDE<<

If you don't want an entire guide and just want a layout for a DC casting and Healing Favored Soul go to page 16 for the build I use at endgame

Leave any feedback or responses you want on here. If I missed something or screwed something up let me know! Feel free to download it as many times as you want and share it with your friends who are looking to make a better Favored Soul!!
    Unsinful-1 of Ghallanda

Thumbs up

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to multipro again." - Dangit DDO

Great guide man.
    Streamer - Spellforce Guild Officer - Raid Leader - Ghallandian
    ~~~ The Great Forge Experiment ~~~
    Hephaestas • Haidies • Artemaes • Bladebarri
    «««- Visit Heph's Forge on twitch! -»»»

The Eternal Rapscallion Haphazarduk's Avatar

Good to see a guide - you don't see many these days - great job.

I think you should put more in about deity choice. It's the commentary and insight that experienced players can add that really helps in my opinion. It can be controversial sure, but its really helpful to get other people's view. I see you use Olladra for example in your build whilst most builds I've seen use Aureon for Wis based. I've been using Olladra for Charisma based although even here Aureon is appealing for the spell pen clicky.

Also, do you think there's any way to make a nuker viable in epics? I really like the new AoV but its only sunbolt that seems to be viable. OR perhaps I shoul ask what level of reaper is a nuker viable up to? Mids? The SLA is crazy at low levels. I've had crits of over a 1000 with a simple off-the-ship veteran build at lvl 7.

Hap

Nuking is doable in skulls up to about 3. Once you go beyond 3 skulls you won’t do enough damage without sitting and sp dumping into mobs to kill them. For EE it’s perfectly usable and is nice to have as a character to run non reaper raids

Kept the deity section light due to a lot of disagreement in what deity should be used. It ultimately comes down To what weapon you want to use at endgame. I find olladra the best because strahd sickle in offhand is a devotion item. A dc caster will be using nightmothers sceptre for max boosts and there isn’t a deity for that.
    Unsinful-1 of Ghallanda

The Eternal Rapscallion Haphazarduk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by multipro View Post
    Nuking is doable in skulls up to about 3. Once you go beyond 3 skulls you won’t do enough damage without sitting and sp dumping into mobs to kill them. For EE it’s perfectly usable and is nice to have as a character to run non reaper raids

Kept the deity section light due to a lot of disagreement in what deity should be used. It ultimately comes down To what weapon you want to use at endgame. I find olladra the best because strahd sickle in offhand is a devotion item. A dc caster will be using nightmothers sceptre for max boosts and there isn’t a deity for that.
    Ah, you see that is useful to know. Thanks. I guess you can't cover everything but things like that help plan a build. I'm unlikely to ever get the strand sceptre but good to understand.

[Edit] Except isn't a devotion item automatically an implement these days anyway? So you could go Aureon for the clicky and still get the implement bonus?

Hap
    Last edited by Haphazarduk; 07-27-2018 at 10:41 AM. Reason: Addition

very true the implement is built in It just makes gearing a little easier because its a raid devotion item aka it has the max potential number for crit chance and spell power.
    Unsinful-1 of Ghallanda

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

Blade barrier is actually untyped slash damage and physical DR does not apply.

And unless its been fixed, Soundbursts stun isnt a helpless stun so no damage boost for melee.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    Blade barrier is actually untyped slash damage and physical DR does not apply.

And unless its been fixed, Soundbursts stun isnt a helpless stun so no damage boost for melee.
    Soundburst definitely does cause helplessness.

Community Member

Unsinful's Advanced Guide to Favored Soul

>>TO UNSINFUL'S FAVORED SOUL GUIDE<<

If you don't want an entire guide and just want a layout for a DC casting and Healing Favored Soul go to page 16 for the build I use at endgame
    !
    Very nice thank you

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    Soundburst definitely does cause helplessness.
    I'm glad they fixed that!
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Community Member

Could you post a breakdown of your Wis stat bonuses and Evo DC bonuses? Also, which Armor are you currently using? Thanks!

I am wearing RL medium armor I am adding that to the guide later. As for a wisdom breakdown there is a breakdown of item bonuses in there.

It would take a page to break it down completely and the guide got a little long. I can post one on the thread if you’d like
    Unsinful-1 of Ghallanda

Community Member

Nice guide. I didn't know that wrinkle about implosion prioritizing things you hit with your weapon.

Community Member

Race: Deep Gnome ( currently level 27 )

Str: 6
    Dex: 8
    Con: 18
    Int: 14
    Wis: 20
    Chr: 6

Past Lives: Sun Elf(x3) Favored(x2) Wizard

Angel of Vengeance: 44
    War Soul: 23
    Deep Gnome: 13

Arcane Initiate, Empower, Heighten, Improved Mental Toughness, Maximize,
    Mental Toughness, Quicken, Spell Focus: Evocation
    Master of Light, Epic spellpower: Light, Intensify

In combat I sequence between sun bolt SLA, searing light SLA. no meta searing light, comet fall SLA.
    Just sticking to those spells I barely scratch my spellpoints.

Leaves me free to cast:

Implosion, greater command, healing, Divine Judgement and Blade Barrier as the situation calls for it.

Trying to be both a DC caster and a DPS caster though I'm thinking next life I might consider dumping the mental toughness feats for spell penetration.

Note: Blade barrier also works as a sort of hamstring. I've seen 100,000 hp monsters pause at the edge of a quicken only meta blade barrier as I pepper them from a distance with fully meta'd SLAs.

But regardless of difficulty level, you can't DC kill red named/bosses, and anything with deathward. A DC killer will certainly make getting through all the trash a lot quicker and easier, but at some point in every quest all casters become nukers if they want to do boss damage.

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

Very good guide. Nice work.

Very easy to read, well done.

Race section you say Humans will have a harder time with Spell Penentration...why is that? Did you mean with DCs because of being capped at 18 stat instead of 20?
    Dielz on the Cannith Server
    Alts: Dielzen, Veldruk, Faska, and numerous others

Quote Originally Posted by Dielzen View Post
    Very easy to read, well done.

Race section you say Humans will have a harder time with Spell Penentration...why is that? Did you mean with DCs because of being capped at 18 stat instead of 20?
    No it is because they don't have the Arcanum enhancement in their racial tree which is required to no fail spell pen checks at cap due to fvs not getting a lot of Spell Pen in their enhancement trees. You will be fine playing human but you will find there is more content where your Spell Pen will fail because 3 is a lot of spell pen when it really matters.
    Last edited by multipro; 09-18-2018 at 07:32 AM. Reason: spelling
    Unsinful-1 of Ghallanda

Default Build Updates

The Guide has my personal build in it and I will be changing my build in a rather significant way. These changes are in response to new raid loot and personal preference. I will not be changing the build in the guide, but instead making a separate post in this thread with the updated "stuff" once I have the gear and feats fleshed out better.

The Changes are in no way BETTER than the original for DC's, but they do come with some nice tradeoffs to losing a few overkill DC's

Look Forward to Updates to the endgame Favored Soul build Coming Soon!!
    Last edited by multipro; 10-23-2018 at 07:23 AM.
    Unsinful-1 of Ghallanda

Community Member

Just one thing to add. I'm doing half-elf racial lives now, and for an FVS that does nuking with a bit of dc casting, warlock dilly is actually really good. I think half elf is actually competitive with the big 3 races. Every other spell basically gets a fire damage proc added to it and the proc can be pretty substantial.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast