Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Mac Issue after White Plume update

After the last update, one of my characters (my favourite one) can’t log in anymore. All my other toons work fine. Optalidon was created as the game was published and it plays on Ghallanda.

Optalidon logs in, can even move a step and then the client crashes. Optalidon was the last character to log out before the update.
    I’m running DDO on mac os X high sierra 10.13.6

Opened a ticket the DM suggested me to wipe out preferences (which I already did) but no luck.
    Next step was to log in on a PC and it worked.

So, to recap, of all my toon, only one can’t log in and only on mac (I tried on another mac and it doesn’t work either).

I felt something in the equip provokes the crash, so, while on PC, I stripped all gears from Optalidon and logged out.
    Went back on mac but no luck.

However I noticed an interesting thing, while on PC in the character selection screen Optalidon appeared in underwear, on mac it didn't. And even in the two seconds it appears logged Optalidon was dressed.

So it appears to me that the mac loads the character data incorrectly or maybe some undeleted cache on the server prevents a correct loading.

Would really like some help on this topic, want to play Optalidon on my mac.

Community Manager

We are investigating Mac issues, and hope to have a fix soon.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Thanks!

Community Member

Default Similar MAC issues

My son tried to play a day before the recent upgrade and the game wouldn't load, so it seems like something may have been having issues before yesterday. But I cannot log in with my main character at all.... I get to the point where I select her and press enter, and the screen looks like the game is loading, and then it just crashes out. I was able to log in to a different 'world' than the one I normally use, with an older character, and it worked fine but I didn't play very long. My son was able to use my computer to log in to his account with his character in the same primary world I use and it worked for a while and then in the middle of playing, it just crashed out again. I went back in to my account today, into a secondary world that I have used and created a new character and was playing for about an hour or so and then the game crashed on me. Not sure what's going on, please help.
    Thanks!!!

BTW, I am getting an error that appears to indicate that it is failing because I didn't use the DDO launcher, which I did.... "Game Error (27381524) The game client was passed invalid command-line parameters. (PlatformStringID_MustRunFromLauncher)"
    Last edited by Pawlina; 07-20-2018 at 05:54 PM.

Community Member

Default Same issue here on mac, only with some characters

Hi
    I have that issue since the patch too, the game crashes as soon as I choose my character. I've been playing with 2 main characters lately, both monks, both lvl 30 and both crashes as soon as I log in.

But strange, the game survives with any other characters I have.

Maybe a problem with only lvl 30 characters? I've created a new monk to test and this guy was able to login / logout.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Optalidon View Post
    After the last update, one of my characters (my favourite one) can’t log in anymore. All my other toons work fine. Optalidon was created as the game was published and it plays on Ghallanda.

Optalidon logs in, can even move a step and then the client crashes. Optalidon was the last character to log out before the update.
    I’m running DDO on mac os X high sierra 10.13.6

Opened a ticket the DM suggested me to wipe out preferences (which I already did) but no luck.
    Next step was to log in on a PC and it worked.

So, to recap, of all my toon, only one can’t log in and only on mac (I tried on another mac and it doesn’t work either).

I felt something in the equip provokes the crash, so, while on PC, I stripped all gears from Optalidon and logged out.
    Went back on mac but no luck.

However I noticed an interesting thing, while on PC in the character selection screen Optalidon appeared in underwear, on mac it didn't. And even in the two seconds it appears logged Optalidon was dressed.

So it appears to me that the mac loads the character data incorrectly or maybe some undeleted cache on the server prevents a correct loading.

Would really like some help on this topic, want to play Optalidon on my mac.
    Same problems here. I'm a Mac user and I keep crashing out of game after selecting some of my characters. Strange thing: all characters that crash out are of level 28-30 in my case. Server Ghallanda: toons 'Shivverkai', 'Blastalot' and 'Snowshade'. Server Cannith: toon 'Stiekum'.

I really hope you guys can fix this soon because they are all among my (and my girlfriend's) favourites!

Default Another stuck main toon

Same problem here - main toon crashes every time on login - other toons (alt) not, including lvl 30 ones. Main toon has many items that were changed in U39.

Community Member

Default Crashes when opening chests

Me and my daughter play on a mac. My son plays on windows. After the white plume update, whenever the windows user opens a chest, both mac users crash and have to reload the game.

Aside from that (even before the white plume update), the screen just shows a gray curtain on certain areas during a quest. If character goes through the gray "curtain", the screen looks normal again. So we have to exit the quest and relogin to fix the screen. Only happens on mac.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pawlina View Post
    My son tried to play a day before the recent upgrade and the game wouldn't load, so it seems like something may have been having issues before yesterday. But I cannot log in with my main character at all.... I get to the point where I select her and press enter, and the screen looks like the game is loading, and then it just crashes out. I was able to log in to a different 'world' than the one I normally use, with an older character, and it worked fine but I didn't play very long. My son was able to use my computer to log in to his account with his character in the same primary world I use and it worked for a while and then in the middle of playing, it just crashed out again. I went back in to my account today, into a secondary world that I have used and created a new character and was playing for about an hour or so and then the game crashed on me. Not sure what's going on, please help.
    Thanks!!!

BTW, I am getting an error that appears to indicate that it is failing because I didn't use the DDO launcher, which I did.... "Game Error (27381524) The game client was passed invalid command-line parameters. (PlatformStringID_MustRunFromLauncher)"

So I've been waiting, able to create new characters and play them for a while but then it crashes out. My husband is on a MAC as well, level 30 character, but he isn't having any issues. I am still getting the same error above, but when he went on to his machine to log in to my account it crashed on him too (different machine, laptop vs mini) he can play his level 30 character but I cannot play mine.... and my son can play his lower level beginner character but it crashes out after a while....

UPDATE: So I tried one of my level 12 characters in "Thelanis" and it let me in, let me run around, let me run to the Market Place, but when I tried to go into a tavern it crashed out.
    Update2: I went to an older level 6 character of mine and played for about 2 hours with no issues. Logged out and immediately tried to enter with my lvl30 and it crashed almost immediately. (showed the loading splash screen and then crashed within 5 seconds).... Thx.
    Last edited by Pawlina; 07-22-2018 at 03:30 PM.

Thank you.
    The Shadow Sage of Nusemne

(LYCEUM OF SHADOW): "ONLY FOOLS CALL THE SHADOW EVIL"

Community Member

Default Lioness is causing the crash

Found out that the party member who has a lioness always crashes the mac users whenever he/she opens a chest. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by dvoo View Post
    Found out that the party member who has a lioness always crashes the mac users whenever he/she opens a chest. Hope this helps.
    That may be *a* cause, but it is not *the* cause. I saw it repeatedly last night on Old Baba's Hut, and no one had a lioness. Also, crashed mulitple times sans any chest openings at all.
    "Sorry Elminster, it was really dark, and I'd drank a LOT of coffee..."

Monday Update: We believe we have determined the root of all of these myriad of crashes and a tentative fix has been completed. We will be verifying a release candidate build tomorrow.

If the release candidate build passes verification we will patch later this week in an attempt to reslove these issues. If the release candidate build fails verification than we will need to go back to the drawing board and patch next week at the earliest.

I will attempt to keep you updated as things progress.
    Last edited by Cocomajobo; 07-24-2018 at 08:52 AM.
    Tell me about any and all bugs you encounter by clicking here!

NOTE: Submitting a bug in this manner is not a quick fix for past occurrences; it is instead a means of bringing issues to our attention to prevent future occurrences for both you and others. Providing detailed information, especially specifics about your account and character as well as what steps you took leading up to the issue, are critical to us being able to pinpoint the cause of any problems you have encountered.

The Eternal Rapscallion Haphazarduk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    Monday Update: We believe we have determined the root of all of these myroad of crashes and a tentative fix has been completed. We will be verifying a release candidate build tomorrow.

If the release candidate build passes verification we will patch later this week in an attempt to reslove these issues. If the release candidate build fails verification than we will need to go back to the drawing board and patch next week at the earliest.

Thanks Coco - knowing what's happening and that you have a plan makes a big difference.

Hap
    Last edited by Haphazarduk; 07-24-2018 at 01:34 AM.

Community Member

Monday Update: We believe we have determined the root of all of these myroad of crashes

Thanks, I really appreciate your efforts.

Tuesday Update: The release candidate build has failed verification. The hoped for universal fix to the crashing issue has not panned out. Because Wednesday was our last chance to patch this week (due to internal scheduling reasons with this week specifically) and we do not currently have a timeline on when a second attempt at this fix will be complete, this patch has been pushed to next week at the earliest.

Again, I will attempt to keep you all updated and I apologize for the poor stability of the Mac client currently.
    Tell me about any and all bugs you encounter by clicking here!

NOTE: Submitting a bug in this manner is not a quick fix for past occurrences; it is instead a means of bringing issues to our attention to prevent future occurrences for both you and others. Providing detailed information, especially specifics about your account and character as well as what steps you took leading up to the issue, are critical to us being able to pinpoint the cause of any problems you have encountered.

Community Member

Default Mac User here

Tuesday Update: The release candidate build has failed verification. The hoped for universal fix to the crashing issue has not panned out. Because Wednesday was our last chance to patch this week (due to internal scheduling reasons with this week specifically) and we do not currently have a timeline on when a second attempt at this fix will be complete, this patch has been pushed to next week at the earliest.

Again, I will attempt to keep you all updated and I apologize for the poor stability of the Mac client currently.
    I am crashing every minute now, please fix.

Community Member

Tuesday Update: The release candidate build has failed verification.

If this could help- I play as druid and I was playing Graveyard Shift in Mines of Tethyamar. After White Plume update my Mac client crushes as soon as I reach the first Umber Hulk. After reloging, I can play as usual, but only if I don't summon my pet. I have hire and it is present after reloging, but as soon as I summon my dog client crushes. Sometimes I can summon it later and client won't crush immediately, but eventually probably will. After crush and relog, if I summon my dog, client will crush every single time, no exceptions- tried 6-7 times on different locations.

Someone also noticed that lioness can cause crush, and my impression was that a lot of mobs can cause crush (client crushes always in the middle of a fight and not during peaceful traveling)...

Hope this will help you to fix this Mac issue...

Community Member

OS X 10.13.6
    2011 iMac 27", 2.7 GHz Core i5, 12 Gb RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB

I see similar crashing issues. I have not had a problem in the marketplace or other public areas, nor when interacting with inventory, bank, etc, but I did experience 2 crashes in "Guard Duty"
    • At start, when I summoned a Ghaele
    • Near end, when I opened the chest

I have crash logs, and both times it crashed as follows:
    Exception Type: EXC_BAD_INSTRUCTION (SIGILL)
    Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000000000000
    Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Signal: Illegal instruction: 4
    Termination Reason: Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0x4
    Terminating Process: exc handler [0]

Thread 0 Crashed:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
    0 com.standingstonegames.dndclient 0x00438272 0x52000 + 4088434
    1 com.standingstonegames.dndclient 0x0043e8cf 0x52000 + 4114639
    2 com.standingstonegames.dndclient 0x0043e4dc 0x52000 + 4113628
    3 com.standingstonegames.dndclient 0x0043ed23 0x52000 + 4115747
    4 com.standingstonegames.dndclient 0x00c45aa4 0x52000 + 12532388
    5 com.standingstonegames.dndclient 0x00c435ca 0x52000 + 12522954
    6 com.standingstonegames.dndclient 0x00a42e9a 0x52000 + 10423962
    7 com.standingstonegames.dndclient 0x00acc4f7 0x52000 + 10986743
    8 com.standingstonegames.dndclient 0x000d7af5 0x52000 + 547573
    9 com.standingstonegames.dndclient 0x000d7f33 0x52000 + 548659
    10 com.standingstonegames.dndclient 0x0033d025 0x52000 + 3059749
    11 com.standingstonegames.dndclient 0x003347cd 0x52000 + 3024845
    12 com.standingstonegames.dndclient 0x00f2dfc8 0x52000 + 15581128
    13 com.standingstonegames.dndclient 0x0051c398 0x52000 + 5022616
    14 com.standingstonegames.dndclient 0x0051c3bb 0x52000 + 5022651
    15 com.standingstonegames.dndclient 0x00f314d2 0x52000 + 15594706
    16 com.standingstonegames.dndclient 0x0058c86b 0x52000 + 5482603
    17 com.standingstonegames.dndclient 0x00f30db0 0x52000 + 15592880
    18 com.standingstonegames.dndclient 0x0058ecfe 0x52000 + 5491966
    19 com.standingstonegames.dndclient 0x0058ee82 0x52000 + 5492354
    20 com.standingstonegames.dndclient 0x00f2de61 0x52000 + 15580769
    21 com.standingstonegames.dndclient 0x00f352fd 0x52000 + 15610621
    22 com.standingstonegames.dndclient 0x00f1dfa7 0x52000 + 15515559
    23 com.standingstonegames.dndclient 0x00f0efae 0x52000 + 15454126
    24 com.standingstonegames.dndclient 0x00f1fc5d 0x52000 + 15522909
    25 com.standingstonegames.dndclient 0x00f1e093 0x52000 + 15515795
    26 com.standingstonegames.dndclient 0x0006ca23 0x52000 + 109091
    27 com.standingstonegames.dndclient 0x0006095d 0x52000 + 59741
    28 com.standingstonegames.dndclient 0x00069ba8 0x52000 + 97192
    29 com.standingstonegames.dndclient 0x0005944c 0x52000 + 29772
    30 com.standingstonegames.dndclient 0x00059197 0x52000 + 29079
    31 com.standingstonegames.dndclient 0x00059145 0x52000 + 28997
    I forwarded crash logs to tech support, but they seem unsure what to do with Mac issues. I can provide the logs directly if that will be helpful.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast