Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    Tuesday Update: The release candidate build has failed verification. The hoped for universal fix to the crashing issue has not panned out. Because Wednesday was our last chance to patch this week (due to internal scheduling reasons with this week specifically) and we do not currently have a timeline on when a second attempt at this fix will be complete, this patch has been pushed to next week at the earliest.

Again, I will attempt to keep you all updated and I apologize for the poor stability of the Mac client currently.
    Thanks for letting us know. Sad but understand ya'll are working hard to come up with a solution.

Community Member

Constant crashing with Mac client, can't join parties or complete quests.
    Seems to be made worse by:
    1) Mimics! Oh my gosh mimics make it very bad.
    2) People opening chests. When other people open a chest, a crash is almost certainly instant.
    3) Having other people in the party. Doing anything other than solo play = the crashing spirit is strong
    White Plume is such a fun quest. Very sad days.
    Greebles, Kyarane, Shandria, Grinhold, Alacya, Manufactured: Cannith

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by StupendoThug View Post
    Constant crashing with Mac client, can't join parties or complete quests.
    Seems to be made worse by:
    1) Mimics! Oh my gosh mimics make it very bad.
    2) People opening chests. When other people open a chest, a crash is almost certainly instant.
    3) Having other people in the party. Doing anything other than solo play = the crashing spirit is strong
    White Plume is such a fun quest. Very sad days.
    If i try to play with my main person (30 Artificer) or even my 12 Druid that I rarely play with, it crashes... doesn't even make it into the game with the Artificer and crashes within 10 minutes for the Druid (regardless of what I am doing). A level 6 that I play even less frequently than the Druid can play for 2+ hours without issue, even with opening chests or having party members open chests.... fought a Mimic with her and no issue. My husband on a MAC plays any of his characters he wants for as long as he wants and has zero crashes. It seems to be account specific (as I cannot log in my artificer on his computer or mine but he can log in to his 30 FS without issue on any computer).

Crazy.... Our 30's are in sync with expeditions/quests and now I am falling behind.... :-(

Community Member

I really hope they fix this issue. I played on my mac for years and never had a crash. The only issue was that after a 2 hours of playing the texture would not load properly resulting in black screen instead of doors/walls. It was enough to restart the client to solve the problem.

Tuesday Update: The release candidate build has failed verification. The hoped for universal fix to the crashing issue has not panned out. Because Wednesday was our last chance to patch this week (due to internal scheduling reasons with this week specifically) and we do not currently have a timeline on when a second attempt at this fix will be complete, this patch has been pushed to next week at the earliest.

Again, I will attempt to keep you all updated and I apologize for the poor stability of the Mac client currently.
    Started to happen to me as well. Will look for the update early next week.Hope it resolves the issue. I will check this thread on Monday for your update thnx.

Community Member

I think it must be related to a specific graphic or sound effect.

Have a L8 human artificer. Played "Dead Girl's Spellbook" twice with some friends. First time crashed twice, once for unknown trigger, once when I opened the middle chest. Second time both chests were opened when I was on other side of "room" and facing in a different direction, and didn't crash at all (thankfully).

My crash dump always reports exactly the same offset, so there's a particular instruction that the Mac doesn't like.

I wonder if the crash / no crash to character connection might be related to items or effects on your character. If they are there, you'll crash every time the character is loaded. If not, it requires a particular trigger in the dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Optalidon View Post
    I really hope they fix this issue. I played on my mac for years and never had a crash. The only issue was that after a 2 hours of playing the texture would not load properly resulting in black screen instead of doors/walls. It was enough to restart the client to solve the problem.
    I find something similar. It seems to be that certain clipping planes become opaque after a while. Not all of them - sometimes I can see across the room, other times (especially with islands in water) they are right in front of my face. It's not just a graphics issue - I can't select or target things on the other sides of these planes, but I can move through them freely and can interact once the camera follows me through.

Another data point: there's a consistent crasher, for me at least, when entering the arena proper in "Belly of the Beast". I was soloing it, so no pets, no mimics, but upon entry, crash. 3 times, every time.
    "Sorry Elminster, it was really dark, and I'd drank a LOT of coffee..."

Community Member

Any news yet?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmaster4life View Post
    Any news yet?
    They closed my ingame ticket by saying they will resolve the issue in a upcoming hotfix. Hopefully they found the bug.

*crossing fingers*

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Optalidon View Post
    They closed my ingame ticket by saying they will resolve the issue in a upcoming hotfix. Hopefully they found the bug.

*crossing fingers*
    I don't know about y'all, but I only really have one main (only about 5 months into the game). So, I'm kind of at a stand still 'till this is resolved :/

Community Member

Default Update update?

Any update on the update?

Going on two weeks with an unplayable main.

What is SSG's reimbursement policy for these sorts of situations?

Quote Originally Posted by Evean View Post
    Any update on the update?

Going on two weeks with an unplayable main.

What is SSG's reimbursement policy for these sorts of situations?
    Looks like there's a fix in the update dropping tomorrow, 2 Aug, according to the release notes.

Quote Originally Posted by jwelch View Post
    Looks like there's a fix in the update dropping tomorrow, 2 Aug, according to the release notes.
    Yes, we are tentatively hopeful that tomorrows patch will resolve the crashing issues Mac users have been experiencing. If, after the patch tomorrow, you are still experiencing the same (or different!) crashes let us know.
    Tell me about any and all bugs you encounter by clicking here!

NOTE: Submitting a bug in this manner is not a quick fix for past occurrences; it is instead a means of bringing issues to our attention to prevent future occurrences for both you and others. Providing detailed information, especially specifics about your account and character as well as what steps you took leading up to the issue, are critical to us being able to pinpoint the cause of any problems you have encountered.

Community Member

Awesome, thanks.

If I may offer one suggestion:

I tried reporting a bug, and the initial response was along the lines of "Support doesn't do Macs, try the forums".

Adding an announcement in the launcher along the lines of "We have received several reports of stability issues on the Mac after the latest update. We're investigating and hope to release a fix as soon as we can." would have made me (for example) feel a lot more valued. I only knew that SSG was treating this as a priority once I googled for the forum thread.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xanom View Post
    Awesome, thanks.

If I may offer one suggestion:

I tried reporting a bug, and the initial response was along the lines of "Support doesn't do Macs, try the forums".

Adding an announcement in the launcher along the lines of "We have received several reports of stability issues on the Mac after the latest update. We're investigating and hope to release a fix as soon as we can." would have made me (for example) feel a lot more valued. I only knew that SSG was treating this as a priority once I googled for the forum thread.
    same!

Community Member

Default Works

U39, Patch 1 seems to have fixed the problem (on my main so far).

Mac OS Sierra

Quote Originally Posted by Evean View Post
    U39, Patch 1 seems to have fixed the problem (on my main so far).

Mac OS Sierra
    I am now able to login in on OSX with all of my characters without crashing. That bug appears to be fixed. Haven't played any content, but running around town is working fine, where it was not yesterday.

Default Back in game. Thx

Patch worked out nice. Thx team, appreciated.

Community Member

Default Optalidon is Back to the Mac!

Logged and went a little around, no quests but it appears to work!

Thanks!!!!

Yes, we are tentatively hopeful that tomorrows patch will resolve the crashing issues Mac users have been experiencing. If, after the patch tomorrow, you are still experiencing the same (or different!) crashes let us know.
    It's definitely fixed one of my consistent crashers, where I had to quit/restart to change characters instead of just logging out/logging back in. I didn't test belly of the beast, I'll try to do that tonight. Ran the second journal chain in barovia with an alt, no problems at all. Ran Strahd R1 with my main, no problems at all, so looking good.

now about the 32-bittedness of the mac client... :-P

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast