Community Member

Default if you cant put out nonbroken quests dont push them out

the price of freedom just screwed my party over. when deciding what to do about the mutiny back on the airship the fight was triggered. then once the hostile mobs were killed we couldn't loot the chest. the quest wasn't finished and there was no dialogue with anyone to finish the quest. the only dialogue that did anything was talking with the captain to give away the treasure. now im keeping my post civil but SSG you guys just basically pulled a F' you to me and my party.

Quote Originally Posted by tafla421 View Post
    the price of freedom just screwed my party over. when deciding what to do about the mutiny back on the airship the fight was triggered. then once the hostile mobs were killed we couldn't loot the chest. the quest wasn't finished and there was no dialogue with anyone to finish the quest. the only dialogue that did anything was talking with the captain to give away the treasure. now im keeping my post civil but SSG you guys just basically pulled a F' you to me and my party.
    That's disconcerting. Apologies for the inconvenience. We're investigating. Several things could have gone wrong there (and it clearly wasn't your fault). Did the minotaur run off the ship by any chance? Were multiple people talking to the same NPC at the same time? Which NPC dialog failure triggered the fight? Any little detail about the exact circumstances might help us isolate the issue.

What has likely happened there is that one or more of the mutineers counted twice when they agroed, but only once when they died, leading to the broken state of the quest.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    That's disconcerting. Apologies for the inconvenience. We're investigating. Several things could have gone wrong there (and it clearly wasn't your fault). Did the minotaur run off the ship by any chance? Were multiple people talking to the same NPC at the same time? Which NPC dialog failure triggered the fight? Any little detail about the exact circumstances might help us isolate the issue.

What has likely happened there is that one or more of the mutineers counted twice when they agroed, but only once when they died, leading to the broken state of the quest.
    Thankfully, Customer Service is great and was able to fix the issue in a timely fashion.

Also, do you remember what objectives remained unchecked at the end of the quest?

wasn't needed just mean. i should not post when angry
    Last edited by bls904c2; 07-19-2018 at 02:54 AM.

Community Member

This hapened us first day after parading around ship 20 minutes gripping one of us (only after one us left) I remembred seein night hag fall off boat. we foun the her stuck in bottom of water. Warlock Killed, her and we chest opened. So we now, but sorry hapen to you, does need some thin to make sure doe not hapen. I rellize I upset over size of full mutiny getting most us killed like thantos snap of fingers.

Sory bout Inglish, I'm stile learning.

Community Member

I was one of the party members in the quest. I would say the most likely thing would be more than one person talked to them. We were only able to "finish" the quest by giving up our loot which was the only reason we were in there. I've run it since with no problem but that first time was very frustrating after so long in a quest. And we didn't have hours to wait for customer service.
    Toeree of Khyber

Community Member Talon_Moonshadow's Avatar

Bugs that prevent completion are very saddening.
    However, I have enjoyed every quest and every update you guys have put out....
    as long as I can complete them, I would rather have something new to play then not have it.

Thank you for all you do for us.
    I gave up a life of farming to become an Adventurer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jandric View Post
    ..., but I honestly think the solution is to group with less whiny people.

@Flimsy firewood

I've almost had two similar situations. This morning I thought I had killed all the mutineers but never got a completion. After running circles in anger for a few minutes I noticed a head stuck in the side of the ship. I managed to kill it with an exploding shot rune arm and the objective completed. I thought it was a sailor, but maybe it was the dryad.

Because,

A few minutes ago, I ran it on my alt. The dryad ended up being the last one I fought. However, as dryads do, it became 100% ethereal, scared, and it fell down into the ship. I waited. I waited. I waited some more. I checked the water beneath the boat. Came back to the boat and and spoke to the captain, again. I had chosen dialogue option #3 and then spoken to Rosy which started the fight but didn't update the objective, so I choose dialogue option number 1 and objective changed over spawning one more sailor and my dryad reappeared. I killed the sailor and the captain tossed some instakill on the dryad and it completed.

If I could suggest anything: make it to were Rosy (the mutiny leader) doesn't start attacking until the objective is updated by either option of dialogue 1 or 3, since they're 2 separate ways of saying the same thing, or make sure the 3rd option causes nothing to happen and it's decision between option 1 and 2. Test to see if mobs are getting stuck in the ship when they aggro. It may be a positioning thing as they spawn. Allow us just to kill that dryad without it thinking it needs to become one with the ship and never respawn.

To reiterate:

1. There's multiple issues happening that are creating false fail and/or fail conditions beyond what you suggested.
    2. Dialogue option 1 only updates the objective to allow quest completion while option 3 will allow the player to trigger the mutineers after speaking to the captain and the first mate. Killing the mutineers after selecting dialogue option 3 does not complete the quest after you kill them as the objective was never advanced making some believe they have falsely failed the quest.
    3. Some of the mutineer mob members may be occasionally spawning in the floor or wall-railings of the air ship causing a failed condition.
    4. The dryad may have some glitch going on with it due to it thinking it needs to return to a tree or something, but never returning. I'll keep trying to make it the last thing I kill for a little bit to see.
    5. A random combination of these things may be happening to players at any one time leading them to not be able to figure out the root of the issue.

It always sucks to fail a quest based on this type of thing, especially in a new quest that takes a good chuck of time to figure out at first. I hate things like this were missed or not thought about when it was being player tested. I didn't get around to trying this one and I wanted to save White Plume Mountain for when it went live.
    Last edited by adrian69; 07-20-2018 at 09:51 PM. Reason: corrected name Rosy

Little necro, but I just encountered the same thing less than an hour ago.
    Orien: ~Erofen (30 Assassin Rogue) ~Erofenlock (30 EB Warlock) ~Erofenmonk (30 Light Monk) ~Erofentrap (30 Roguerficer (1st TR/Legend Build ever)) ~Erofenbarb (30 Barb) ~Erofenbless (30 FvS Chest Blesser) ~Erofenthree (30 Bard Dualbox) ~Erofenten (30 Barb Triplebox)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Um, I'm almost afraid to ask, but exactly just what is 'sneak humping'? Kex! Stop It! O.o