Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Black loch bugged?

Was going to try no lag version, but... Heroic elite run, reached 3rd apprentice, firstly mobs didnt appeared, then spawned without any interest in fighting. Could kill 3/4, but not the zombie wizard. Not all mobs killed = no key to 4th apprentice = no chance to finish quest. Too lazy for more testing.

PS: I killed boss before going for keys, so it might caused this issue.

Community Member SpartanKiller13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Enerdhil View Post
    Was going to try no lag version, but... Heroic elite run, reached 3rd apprentice, firstly mobs didnt appeared, then spawned without any interest in fighting. Could kill 3/4, but not the zombie wizard. Not all mobs killed = no key to 4th apprentice = no chance to finish quest. Too lazy for more testing.

PS: I killed boss before going for keys, so it might caused this issue.
    Yeah uh pretty sure you're supposed to do the apprentices in order etc.

It's like Baba etc, just because you -can- cheese through the barriers and start hitting totems doesn't mean you -should- lol.

Once you start breaking things, maybe you should expect other things to break? Sometimes you're fine, but sometimes you won't be.

If I remember I'll give it a go later on the "traditional" way lol.
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    It's DDO. There are probably 6 different types of Evil damage.

Community Member

Default Definitely Bugged

Also ran this quest earlier on EN just to see the differences (quite nice btw, no looking-at-ship-lag), but similar to OP, got to the room where the 3rd apprentice should be - neither he, nor his buddies, were present.

I ran the quest 'properly' up to that point as well, including doing the failed experiments optional.

Read by QA!
    Tell me about any and all bugs you encounter by clicking here!

NOTE: Submitting a bug in this manner is not a quick fix for past occurrences; it is instead a means of bringing issues to our attention to prevent future occurrences for both you and others. Providing detailed information, especially specifics about your account and character as well as what steps you took leading up to the issue, are critical to us being able to pinpoint the cause of any problems you have encountered.

I just ran it the "traditional" way and when I got to the 3rd apprentice there was NOTHING in the room--no spawns, no chest, NOTHING.

So, yeah, this is a problem.

Also ran to a similar problem, 3rd room was empty, ran back to the junction and headed for the locked door leading to the ship, it updated the quest and the npcs in the 3rd room populated. However one of the zombie wizards didn't feel like fighting so I couldn't get the chest to spawn, so I had to recall at that I point. Means say bye bye to early saga rewards for now.

Community Member

I ran this quest earlier today to check out the improvements. Framerate in the ship room was much better than ever before, so well done there. The changes to the terrain were interesting too, was not expecting that at all.

What was interesting was I didn't have any problems completing the quest. I ran it on EE killing the apprentices in the most obvious order, then going to the boss. I also did the zombie room optional partway along.

I'm certainly not denying there's a problem, but it isn't happening all the time. So please be careful when you do your testing on your fix, because after making changes you may get a clean run through by accident with the underlying problem these other people had not being fixed.

Thanks.
    Last edited by blerkington; 07-19-2018 at 10:02 AM.
    Astrican on Khyber

I made 10 runs today for testing purposes, none of them were completed. Tryied different combinations: elite/reaper, solo/hire/guildie, opt/no opt, breakables/no breakables, still nothing. No idea how this quest made it through any testing.

PS: Minotaur at 2nd apprentice is not spawning too, not sure is it WAI or not.

Edit: finally managed to made it. Seems killing vault guardians is required to spawn mobs at gate and on the other side of gate to 3rd apprentice, but him and his minions being able to kill is still roll d100 luck (i managed to spawn his inactive version before, the difference this time is that i seems to know how i made it).
    Last edited by Enerdhil; 07-23-2018 at 07:34 AM.

Community Member SpartanKiller13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Enerdhil View Post
    I made 10 runs today for testing purposes, none of them were completed. Tryied different combinations: elite/reaper, solo/hire/guildie, opt/no opt, breakables/no breakables, still nothing. No idea how this quest made it through any testing.

PS: Minotaur at 2nd apprentice is not spawning too, not sure is it WAI or not.

Edit: finally managed to made it. Seems killing vault guardians is required to spawn mobs at gate and on the other side of gate to 3rd apprentice, but him and his minions being able to kill is still roll d100 luck (i managed to spawn his inactive version before, the difference this time is that i seems to know how i made it).
    And I ran it successfully the first (and only) time I've tried lol. Was very nice update from my perspective. Epic Normal, soloed, did everything but underwater chest.

If it's about the vault spawns, I always do them on the way past (so you're not awkwardly having them chase you into the vault after finishing the quest) so that might be a thing.
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    It's DDO. There are probably 6 different types of Evil damage.

Community Manager

It sounds like people might be running this in a way that isn't exactly intended. You are supposed to kill the mobs, grab the keys, open the gates. How is this being bypassed?
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    It sounds like people might be running this in a way that isn't exactly intended. You are supposed to kill the mobs, grab the keys, open the gates. How is this being bypassed?
    Never had problems with this quest until it was updated. How is this OUR fault?

One or two keys can be or used to be possible to bypass by jumping out to the pirate ship or the catwalk to the pirate ship when you first see it with a enhanced jump like abundant step, wings, ect. Though as far as I know It would take at least a 12th level character to have this capability.
    Last edited by Jetrule; 07-23-2018 at 12:10 PM.
    Percivaul Dusol, BadRandall and Shortpact--The Silver Legion

I guess some generators went missing (or swimming) when ship model was rebuilt.

I blame goonies for their "what this button do?" approach.
    Polska gildia DDO / Polish guild

Magia i Miecz (200), Argonnessen
    Zapraszamy!

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Drecas View Post
    Never had problems with this quest until it was updated. How is this OUR fault?
    It isn't, just trying to figure out how this is breaking.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

2016 DDO Players Council
    Resident Blue Dragon

Not sure if this is what is going on, but I think you might be able to bypass the normal flow by killing enemies through the gate before opening via Fireball, Acid Blast, or similar spells. It might disrupt the background counter for how many enemies must die before the door opens if the counter doesn't activate until the door opens. As I said though, this is just a hypothesis and I haven't done any testing yet.
    Wise fwom ur gwave.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBlonde View Post
    I just ran it the "traditional" way and when I got to the 3rd apprentice there was NOTHING in the room--no spawns, no chest, NOTHING.
    So, yeah, this is a problem.
    ...just trying to figure out how this is breaking.
    Given PB's experience, it suggests that the trigger for the 3rd room being populated is someone passing a particular point on the map. Is it possible that the trigger event is "travel along the corridor through an invisible trigger" but the trigger doesn't cover the whole width/height of the corridor?
    Bettayne Brah'dukcc, Cleric of Lathander
    Today is the first day of the rest of your life
    For DDO Queries, check out ddowiki.com; New to the game? Head to the Newbie Guide

Quote Originally Posted by glmfw1 View Post
    Given PB's experience, it suggests that the trigger for the 3rd room being populated is someone passing a particular point on the map. Is it possible that the trigger event is "travel along the corridor through an invisible trigger" but the trigger doesn't cover the whole width/height of the corridor?
    Good guess! While you were writing that post, I was investigating the bug - and yup, that's the problem.

That's the thing about renovations - things may look great when you're done, but then you find out things got moved around during the construction ....)

We should have a fix for this issue in the next patch. In the meantime, keep to the *left* wall when approaching the 3rd necromancer's room.

Quote Originally Posted by Knockback View Post
    Good guess! While you were writing that post, I was investigating the bug - and yup, that's the problem.
    Weyhey!!! Go me!!!
    For DDO Queries, check out ddowiki.com; New to the game? Head to the Newbie Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Knockback View Post

That's the thing about renovations - things may look great when you're done, but then you find out things got moved around during the construction ....)

We should have a fix for this issue in the next patch. In the meantime, keep to the *left* wall when approaching the 3rd necromancer's room.
    If the first person doesn't trigger the event (given the current setup), will subsequent people travelling up the corridor trigger it (assuming they are in the right place)?
    If the first person doesn't trigger the event (given the current setup), will going back and heading along the corridor again (along the left wall) trigger it?

Quote Originally Posted by Jetrule View Post
    One or two keys can be or used to be possible to bypass by jumping out to the pirate ship or the catwalk to the pirate ship when you first see it with a enhanced jump like abundant step, wings, ect. Though as far as I know It would take at least a 12th level character to have this capability.
    There's no need for that right now, water level is so high/low that it's not a problem to jump on rock (the one at path leading to ship) without even maxed jump skill.

And of course after i saw that bug for the first time i was doing my best to do everything correctly, in "traditional way", still no effects except that single run i managed to make it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast