Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    We think we've tracked down a connecting factor of atleast the crashes that occur when attempting to log into a character. (This *may* be connected to the other crashes but we don't yet have indications of that)

The information I would like, from those who are experiencing these crashes, is to know whether you have any account level entitlements that place items into your inventory when you create a character/log into a character for the first time (Like, but not limited to, most expansion pack bundles or even the White Plume Mountain Bonus Items bundle)?

If you are experiencing those crashes and do not have anything that fits the above description, we would love to know.

Alternatively, if you do have anything that fits those descriptions and are not experiencing crashes on a Mac we would also love to know.
    So my issues are basically at random (in one of the new runs and in Baba Lysaga's hut), the mac client will just start crashing repeatedly. the time frame seems to be between 10 and 60 seconds. There's no consistent tell. Sometimes it's trying to rest. sometimes it's opening a chest. Sometimes it's just standing there doing nothing. But once it starts, the only fix i've seen is leaving the run. Once I'm out, things seem to stabilize. I submitted a bug on this as well.
    "Sorry Elminster, it was really dark, and I'd drank a LOT of coffee..."

Quote Originally Posted by Tricosene View Post
    If it helps with hunting down the bug...

So far I haven't had any crashing or other new problems.

Ravenloft: bought thru in-game store for DDO points
    MotU: I think that I bought this through the in-game store, too
    Shadowfell: according to the MyAccount@Turbine page, I have Shadowfell Conspiracy CE
    MacOS 10.10.5

I got the client to crash just now.

I entered ToEE part 2 (which I have played with no issue just yesterday) and summoned the Alabaster Lioness. My character did the hand wave animation, then the client froze and crashed.

I hope this helps.

Another data point: when switching to alts, the game crashed if I did it via logout, but not from a full client start. Switching to my main via logout did not crash.

Community Member

Still crashing on Inquoate on Argonnessen in the following circumstances:

• Level 21 epic reincarnated cleric
    • Entire DDO client quits after character appears on screen but before the action bars have moved into their preferred locations
    • No opportunity to switch chat windows
    • Owlbear and lioness in inventory but unsummoned (obviously)

Other characters can log in, but the DDO client does sometimes quit suddenly with no apparent trigger.

Monday Update: We believe we have determined the root of all of these myriad of crashes and a tentative fix has been completed. We will be verifying a release candidate build tomorrow.

If the release candidate build passes verification we will patch later this week in an attempt to reslove these issues. If the release candidate build fails verification than we will need to go back to the drawing board and patch next week at the earliest.

I will attempt to keep you updated as things progress.
    Last edited by Cocomajobo; 07-24-2018 at 08:53 AM.
    Tell me about any and all bugs you encounter by clicking here!

NOTE: Submitting a bug in this manner is not a quick fix for past occurrences; it is instead a means of bringing issues to our attention to prevent future occurrences for both you and others. Providing detailed information, especially specifics about your account and character as well as what steps you took leading up to the issue, are critical to us being able to pinpoint the cause of any problems you have encountered.

Monday Update: We believe we have determined the root of all of these myroad of crashes and a tentative fix has been completed. We will be verifying a release candidate build tomorrow.

If the release candidate build passes verification we will patch later this week in an attempt to reslove these issues. If the release candidate build fails verification than we will need to go back to the drawing board and patch next week at the earliest.

Thanks! Sometimes, the mac DDO community feels like that weird cousin no one really wants to talk to. This level of response is really appreciated.

Community Member

We think we've tracked down a connecting factor of atleast the crashes that occur when attempting to log into a character. (This *may* be connected to the other crashes but we don't yet have indications of that)

The information I would like, from those who are experiencing these crashes, is to know whether you have any account level entitlements that place items into your inventory when you create a character/log into a character for the first time (Like, but not limited to, most expansion pack bundles or even the White Plume Mountain Bonus Items bundle)?

If you are experiencing those crashes and do not have anything that fits the above description, we would love to know.

Alternatively, if you do have anything that fits those descriptions and are not experiencing crashes on a Mac we would also love to know.
    If it's not too late i have note few things:

It wasn't crashing at loggin. But after buying the white plume mountain pack and after the delivery of account level items in my inventory, due to the adding of pack item, it's crashed. The second time i have loggin, no crashes occur.

Others things:

I have experiment some crash during quests playing:

Firsts crashes : I was playing with no pets summon, i am a wizard/rogue player, i have an hireling summoned, it crashed after few minutes, it's not crashing in public areas. But i was playing in a group with a druid player who have his pet summoned.

No crashes if i play solo play with an hireling

No crashes if the druid player don't summon his pet and if we play together, with hirelings summoned

I have bought the White plume mountain pack in order to test if a summoned pet will make the client crash when i am playing solo quest. I have summoned the bird and play in solo, but no crash occur.

So, perhaps, the client crash seems to be linked to the summoning of a druid pet, even if it's not yours pet.

Regards

Community Member

Monday Update: We believe we have determined the root of all of these myriad of crashes and a tentative fix has been completed. We will be verifying a release candidate build tomorrow.

Thank you!

Is it also on the list to fix the graphics glitch that occurs on Macs (where players lose the ability to see the ground or walls)? It makes for some great screenshots, but it also makes for some challenging in-game jumps.

Tuesday Update: The release candidate build has failed verification. The hoped for universal fix to the crashing issue has not panned out. Because Wednesday was our last chance to patch this week (due to internal scheduling reasons with this week specifically) and we do not currently have a timeline on when a second attempt at this fix will be complete, this patch has been pushed to next week at the earliest.

Again, I will attempt to keep you all updated and I apologize for the poor stability of the Mac client currently.
    Tell me about any and all bugs you encounter by clicking here!

NOTE: Submitting a bug in this manner is not a quick fix for past occurrences; it is instead a means of bringing issues to our attention to prevent future occurrences for both you and others. Providing detailed information, especially specifics about your account and character as well as what steps you took leading up to the issue, are critical to us being able to pinpoint the cause of any problems you have encountered.

Community Member

Cool

Tuesday Update: The release candidate build has failed verification. The hoped for universal fix to the crashing issue has not panned out. Because Wednesday was our last chance to patch this week (due to internal scheduling reasons with this week specifically) and we do not currently have a timeline on when a second attempt at this fix will be complete, this patch has been pushed to next week at the earliest.

Again, I will attempt to keep you all updated and I apologize for the poor stability of the Mac client currently.
    Best of luck and let us know if you need any other tests done. Really looking forward to just playing thru the black walls with out crashes ;-)

Another data point: there's a consistent crasher, for me at least, when entering the arena proper in "Belly of the Beast". I was soloing it, so no pets, no mimics, but upon entry, crash. 3 times, every time.

Cocomajobo,

Is there any update on the Mac client? It's been over a week since the last update.

Thanks,

SF

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_Flayer View Post
    Cocomajobo,

Is there any update on the Mac client? It's been over a week since the last update.

Thanks,

SF

Looks like there's a fix in the update dropping tomorrow, 2 Aug, according to the release notes.

Community Member

No updates since August? Am I reading that correctly?

Still having issues logging in.

Usually the program quits shortly after selecting the server. Sometimes it starts to load the next program and then quits shortly after the graphical load screen show up. IK have4 never been able to access the store. I tried to buy one expansion pack and that was a complete disaster. All I ever see on the store are the expansion packs.

I was running multiple copies of DDO for a week or so and that seem to help connect to the game. I would start the second copy after selecting the server and before the graphic loader showed up.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123