Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default U39: Mac: Patching failing with "Netsession Error"

It has come to our attention that some users on newer Macintosh models may be encountering an issue when installing or patching DDO that does not allow that process to complete properly. The symptom of this would be your launcher appearing to attempt to patch before stopping with an error stating "Internal Error". Underneath that error window if there is text that states "Netsession Error" this is the issue being addressed in this thread.

If they is happening to you, it may be resolved by installing Netsession directly from the link below.

https://client.akamai.com/conf/insta...file=installer

If this does not resolve your patching issues, let us know and we will continue investigating.
    Tell me about any and all bugs you encounter by clicking here!

NOTE: Submitting a bug in this manner is not a quick fix for past occurrences; it is instead a means of bringing issues to our attention to prevent future occurrences for both you and others. Providing detailed information, especially specifics about your account and character as well as what steps you took leading up to the issue, are critical to us being able to pinpoint the cause of any problems you have encountered.

Community Member

Default Problem for some might be patching, but not for others.

Patching for us seems to have completed.
    Starting up the launcher works fine.
    Login in to the account works and selecting a server works.
    When we get to the screen with the ddo characters and select a character, then try to log in with that character, the progress bar starts en fills up.
    When the progress bar reaches the end instead of the game staring, the client crashes.
    This Mac is not that new btw. I'm still running Yosemite.
    I've uploaded a crashlog here http://45.32.235.158/dndclient_2018-...-Mac-Pro.crash
    Hope you can figure our what is causing it.
    From the crashlog, something with the userprefences maybe?

I have a late 2014 Mac Mini running macOS Sierra 10.12.6.

The installation went fine (or at least it completed), but I'm having issues with crashes, both in quests and when switching between toons.

Community Member

Default Non stop crash.

I am unable to even log in for more than 1 second before my client crashes. If I am lucky, it might be 3 seconds.

Community Member

Oh yeah, I'm running Mac High Sierra 10.13.6.

The team is investigating the cause of the mac client stability issues described in this thread and elsewhere. I will attempt to keep people updated while that process is ongoing. Unfortunately, the issue eluded us past the cutoff time for tomorrows hotfix so these issues are not likely to be resolved with that deployment.

Any more information about the circumstances surrounding the time of your Mac client crashing, any error messages displayed when it happened, or what hardware/OS you are running on would be appreciated in our attempts to squash these problems.

NOTE: Submitting a bug in this manner is not a quick fix for past occurrences; it is instead a means of bringing issues to our attention to prevent future occurrences for both you and others. Providing detailed information, especially specifics about your account and character as well as what steps you took leading up to the issue, are critical to us being able to pinpoint the cause of any problems you have encountered.

Community Member

I'm fine in public areas. As soon as I'm in anything it crashes.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    Any more information about the circumstances surrounding the time of your Mac client crashing, any error messages displayed when it happened, or what hardware/OS you are running on would be appreciated in our attempts to squash these problems.
    It appears to crash within seconds of entering an instance, be it dungeon or wilderness area. Out in public, no problems.
    A witty saying proves nothing. -Voltaire

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by eurogeek View Post
    Patching for us seems to have completed.
    Starting up the launcher works fine.
    Login in to the account works and selecting a server works.
    When we get to the screen with the ddo characters and select a character, then try to log in with that character, the progress bar starts en fills up.
    When the progress bar reaches the end instead of the game staring, the client crashes.
    This Mac is not that new btw. I'm still running Yosemite.
    I've uploaded a crashlog here http://45.32.235.158/dndclient_2018-...-Mac-Pro.crash
    Hope you can figure our what is causing it.
    From the crashlog, something with the userprefences maybe?
    Try resetting the key mapping from the character select screen.
    If that doesn't work, and you know how to do it, try deleting ~/Library/Preferences/com.standingstonegames.dndclient.plist
    That's the client preference file, and your crashlog shows that the client is messing with either preferences, or possibly the key map when it is crashing.
    None of the other crashes here or on the other thread sound like the one you are seeing.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaytis View Post
    Try resetting the key mapping from the character select screen.
    If that doesn't work, and you know how to do it, try deleting ~/Library/Preferences/com.standingstonegames.dndclient.plist
    Tried deleting the preferences file but is till crashes upon trying to log a toon into a session.
    My wife has exactly the same crash.
    Both macs updated just fine, but we can't play at all after the update.
    We only manage to get to the character selection screen, but then we we try to enter the game, it crashes before we even see a public area.
    As in: it crashes as soon as the login progress bar hits 100%.

Community Member

It might be helpful to know (at least from SSG's perspective) that the problem is not universal. I am playing fine. My client was installed from the stand-alone installer back in the beta days and has been updated from that ever since. I use Mac OS 10.11 on a pretty old Macbook Pro. I logged in on both epic and heroic characters and created instances on both without any trouble.

I know this doesn't help anyone here, but it might help SSG isolate it.

Community Member

Default Not the userpreferences.ini either

After having no luck with the com.standingstonegames.dndclient.plist, I decided to check if maybe Userpreferences.ini under "Documents/Dungeons and Dragons Online" was causing it.
    Removed that directory, started the client up, ok'd the license agreement and such, selected Orien, clicked Play,logged in, selected character, clicked Enter, progress bar gets to 100%, Crash!
    100% of the time.
    I even tried to reset the graphics settings of the game from the launcher. Doesn't help either.
    So far we're stuck not being able to play at all.

Community Member

Default Video showing the problem + specs of one of the machines it is happening on

Here are the specs of one of the machines it is happening on.
    http://45.32.235.158/Macmini.spx

I also filmed the crash and uploaded it to youtube so you can see what happens.
    https://youtu.be/xnwrzj0Kx5A

Community Member

I'm relieved to see that other Mac users are experiencing issues after U39-- I was a bit worried that it might just be me. Historically, I have had occasional graphics bugs (which usually require me to manually quit the client and then re-open it), but nothing like the client crashes I experienced yesterday after updating to U39. The updating itself went fine, and I have not had issues logging in or switching toons, but I did experience numerous client crashes while in the quests Subversion and What Goes Up.

Specifically, the optional "Deadly Storage Area" in the quest Subversion crashed my client on two consecutive runs. I also ran What Goes Up twice-- I experienced 4 or 5 crashes during the first run, all of which occurred in the last section of quest (outside on top of the glacier), but then did not crash a single time during the second run.

I am using a mid-2012 Macbook Air running macOS High Sierra 10.13.6.

I have the crash on entering instances. Sometimes immediately, sometimes after a few seconds but its happening every time. Public areas and general loading of characters no problem.

MacBook Pro 2015 running Sierra 10.12.6

Slayers and slayer instances are fine. Guess thats what I'm doing for the next few days!

Hap
    Last edited by Haphazarduk; 07-19-2018 at 05:59 PM.

We think we've tracked down a connecting factor of atleast the crashes that occur when attempting to log into a character. (This *may* be connected to the other crashes but we don't yet have indications of that)

The information I would like, from those who are experiencing these crashes, is to know whether you have any account level entitlements that place items into your inventory when you create a character/log into a character for the first time (Like, but not limited to, most expansion pack bundles or even the White Plume Mountain Bonus Items bundle)?

If you are experiencing those crashes and do not have anything that fits the above description, we would love to know.

Alternatively, if you do have anything that fits those descriptions and are not experiencing crashes on a Mac we would also love to know.
    Last edited by Cocomajobo; 07-19-2018 at 06:59 PM.

The information I would like, from those who are experiencing these crashes, is to know whether you have any account level entitlements that place items into your inventory when you create a character/log into a character for the first time (Like, but not limited to, most expansion pack bundles or even the White Plume Mountain Bonus Items bundle)?
    The crashes are happening to my main toon, who almost always loads these entitlements. Both Ravenloft and the WPM Bonus Items bundle were placed into this toon's inventory.

Community Member

Default Requested information

whether you have any account level entitlements that place items into your inventory when you create a character/log into a character for the first time (Like, but not limited to, most expansion pack bundles or even the White Plume Mountain Bonus Items bundle)?
    If you are experiencing those crashes and do not have anything that fits the above description, we would love to know.
    I'm sorta confused to what you are asking? (me and my wife have the same login problem)
    We have the following expansions:
    Mists of Ravenloft - Standard Edition with the Standard Survivor’s Package
    Menace of the Underdark (tm) Base Edition
    Shadowfell Conspiracy™ Standard Edition

Not sure if these add anything to a character's inventory though.
    Other than cosmetic armour and some companions we don't really have things I can think about that could be account level entitlement.
    Is that what you wanted to know?
    If not, please clarify exactly what you wanted.

Thanks for looking into this.

Quote Originally Posted by eurogeek View Post
    I'm sorta confused to what you are asking? (me and my wife have the same login problem)
    We have the following expansions:
    Mists of Ravenloft - Standard Edition with the Standard Survivor’s Package
    Menace of the Underdark (tm) Base Edition
    Shadowfell Conspiracy™ Standard Edition

Not sure if these add anything to a character's inventory though.
    Other than cosmetic armour and some companions we don't really have things I can think about that could be account level entitlement.
    Is that what you wanted to know?
    If not, please clarify exactly what you wanted.

Thanks for looking into this.
    This is exactly the information we are looking for, thank you.

Community Member

Default Eureka!

I think it's the Owl Bear. (May be other things, too.). See my explanation here: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...041-Mac-Client
    Last edited by JQP; 07-20-2018 at 12:27 AM. Reason: new information

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast