Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

/signed if you have been there once in some way--waypoint, teleporter, some dead gnoll guts you skateboard on
    ROGUE Part QUATRE: Prove your Stealth Skills!
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist), Naerfelka (farmer)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Saekee View Post
    /signed if you have been there once in some way--waypoint, teleporter, some dead gnoll guts you skateboard on
    +1 for gnoll guts!

Quote Originally Posted by Alled78 View Post
    I would really play more often this content if i can port to quests already done once.
    More people will do it.
    This would be nice. If it's a good idea to have teleporters in other explorer areas, than I would think the same logic would apply to the desert.
    Ghallanda: Save the newbie, save the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Saekee View Post
    some dead gnoll guts you skateboard on
    enquiring minds want to know more

Community Member

A few years back they increased the xp in chains of flame to compensate for the travel time. I am not saying the teleport idea isn't good - I feel bad for people that don't know the way, but at least it's worth running for xp due to the increase they made.

Best way to learn way is to run wilderness solo.

Quote Originally Posted by walkin_dude View Post
    Just my $0.02, but I like the waypoint model like the ones in Stormhorns, where you can get closer to the place you want to go, and it doesn't require running the quest to be able to use it.

I often run through and do explorers while I'm just puttering around, and later go back and run the quests. Waypoints are a nice little extra reward for spending a little time exploring.
    I like this option.
    Wildernesses can be fun to run around when you have just levelled up to the minimum level that lets you in to a new area, and are a good place to test out new abilities, so finding waypoints on the way is not a huge issue for anyone. Gianthold has them, Storm Horns has them, Wheloon has them (sort of).
    The run from waypoint to quest is shorter than wilderness entrance to quest, but you still have the feeling that the quest exists somewhere rather than just arriving at the door. Menechtarun contains a lot of landmarks that could be used as Waypoints that could get you closer to the quests without landing you right outside them - you could even have a waypoint-to-waypoint teleport available once you have found them all, that could speed up running the flagging quests without needing to exit the wilderness.
    Bettayne Brah'dukcc, Cleric of Lathander
    Today is the first day of the rest of your life
    For DDO Queries, check out ddowiki.com; New to the game? Head to the Newbie Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Alled78 View Post
    I would really play more often this content if i can port to quests already done once.
    More people will do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragavon View Post
    Yes, teleporting directly to quest entrance everywhere like in Ravenloft would be awesome

Yes, more of this please. And back porting of good designs is still a good idea. Even though the content is dated it is still run and encouraging it to be run is a Good Thing™.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12