Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Lokeal_The_Flame View Post
    Uuuh, the definition of discussion says otherwise.

Categorically, thought experiments and fleshing out of ideas (Pre-ideas if you will) belong in discussion as do matters of humor not intended to influence the game in any way.

In the discussion forum, the main goal is to discuss, in the suggestions and ideas forum the main goal is to share. It should not matter that I use theory crafted items to narrow down what I later intend to base suggestions off of, it's obvious that many of my item suggestions bare effects that belong on trees, not items and along with that I am very open about what my intentions are and if you'd just stop assuming and start with inquiry.... I would not have made so many posts farming for the same information, yes, that's right people like you are the reason for my vast number of posts, it's because you don't use inquiry and instead rely far too much on assumptions and your negativity eventually convinces me to abandon a post and work with whatever little data I collected to create another post and work from where ever my progress left off from. So, keep going with the way you are doing things, and so will I, alternatively.... you could push for new forum categories, but options that take more effort but bare better results do not seem like they'd appeal to you.

Anyhow, Maturity is one's capacity to balance between hedonism and virtue while maintaining avoidance of detriment.... so yeah, I am quite a bit more mature than you give credit to.

Cheers

so if we dont like your ideas you are just going to spam the more often? You are definetly the mature one

Uuuh, the definition of discussion says otherwise.

Categorically, thought experiments and fleshing out of ideas (Pre-ideas if you will) belong in discussion as do matters of humor not intended to influence the game in any way.

In the discussion forum, the main goal is to discuss, in the suggestions and ideas forum the main goal is to share. It should not matter that I use theory crafted items to narrow down what I later intend to base suggestions off of, it's obvious that many of my item suggestions bare effects that belong on trees, not items and along with that I am very open about what my intentions are and if you'd just stop assuming and start with inquiry.... I would not have made so many posts farming for the same information, yes, that's right people like you are the reason for my vast number of posts, it's because you don't use inquiry and instead rely far too much on assumptions and your negativity eventually convinces me to abandon a post and work with whatever little data I collected to create another post and work from where ever my progress left off from. So, keep going with the way you are doing things, and so will I, alternatively.... you could push for new forum categories, but options that take more effort but bare better results do not seem like they'd appeal to you.

Anyhow, Maturity is one's capacity to balance between hedonism and virtue while maintaining avoidance of detriment.... so yeah, I am quite a bit more mature than you give credit to.

Cheers
    So it's MY fault that you post the same ideas on the wrong forum over and over? Well, I guess I owe the entire community an apology.

This, ladies and gentlemen, is the failure of our educational system. I can only hope you are Canadian or something, so the failures are some other country's problem. Sadly, I don't think that's the case.

You do not work for the game. Your ideas are not even close to something that will see light of day, especially "legacy" vampircism. They changed it for a reason and will not go back no matter how many times you spam the same thread over and over again.
    Ghallanda Server Officer: ToHitArmorClassZero
    Main: Allimar

Community Member Lokeal_The_Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by simo0208 View Post
    So it's MY fault that you post the same ideas on the wrong forum over and over? Well, I guess I owe the entire community an apology.

This, ladies and gentlemen, is the failure of our educational system. I can only hope you are Canadian or something, so the failures are some other country's problem. Sadly, I don't think that's the case.

You do not work for the game. Your ideas are not even close to something that will see light of day, especially "legacy" vampircism. They changed it for a reason and will not go back no matter how many times you spam the same thread over and over again.
    No, it's your fault that you assume I am posting in the wrong forum by assuming that such is anything more than a post to help develop a concept or idea, an invitation for indulging in humor, or a debate, embarrassingly enough even when I specifically specify which it is...... Even when I say that such is not an idea but a means of brainstorming towards a solid idea through discussion you can't seem to comprehend such. If you want to see the failure of the education system, most bathrooms have a mirror.

Legacy Vampirism is too at risk for abuse, though it could be brought back, it would need to be brought back with significant restrictions such as what kind of weapons can have it, and what penalties it may have (Unnatural as seen on Bloodrage Chrism would be a good nerfing). Legacy Vampirism was only 1d3 per hit (Comparatively Scion Of Shadowfell is 1D6 per hit), it took quite a bit to exploit it so the efforts to properly nerf its potential for abuse are that much less extreme. Legacy Vampirism will only get you 11 HP per hit with 280 healing amp thus still making you quite susceptible to dying, especially from that of alpha-strike tactics from enemies.

The abuse of Legacy Vampirism came mainly from the speedy attacks of monks, not much outside of such was much of an issue at all.

Alternatively, they could create a mechanic that downscales it based on your attack speed, upscales it based on your healing amp (Within a limit specified by a limiting cap for maximum possible healing per hit, this cap would vary by level) thus creating a naturally balancing mechanic for it.

When I say bring back Legacy Vampirism, I mean bring it back with controls in place, but when you assume the context rather than asking for such......... you only lose sight of who's really being arrogant.

No, it's your fault that you assume I am posting in the wrong forum by assuming that such is anything more than a post to help develop a concept or idea, an invitation for indulging in humor, or a debate, embarrassingly enough even when I specifically specify which it is...... Even when I say that such is not an idea but a means of brainstorming towards a solid idea through discussion you can't seem to comprehend such. If you want to see the failure of the education system, most bathrooms have a mirror.

Legacy Vampirism is too at risk for abuse, though it could be brought back, it would need to be brought back with significant restrictions such as what kind of weapons can have it, and what penalties it may have (Unnatural as seen on Bloodrage Chrism would be a good nerfing). Legacy Vampirism was only 1d3 per hit (Comparatively Scion Of Shadowfell is 1D6 per hit), it took quite a bit to exploit it so the efforts to properly nerf its potential for abuse are that much less extreme. Legacy Vampirism will only get you 11 HP per hit with 280 healing amp thus still making you quite susceptible to dying, especially from that of alpha-strike tactics from enemies.

The abuse of Legacy Vampirism came mainly from the speedy attacks of monks, not much outside of such was much of an issue at all.

Alternatively, they could create a mechanic that downscales it based on your attack speed, upscales it based on your healing amp (Within a limit specified by a limiting cap for maximum possible healing per hit, this cap would vary by level) thus creating a naturally balancing mechanic for it.

When I say bring back Legacy Vampirism, I mean bring it back with controls in place, but when you assume the context rather than asking for such......... you only lose sight of who's really being arrogant.
    It's not an assumption, it's the actual reality.
    Last edited by simo0208; 07-16-2018 at 07:58 AM.

All of that comment belongs in the suggestions forum. Because you are asking for changes to the game. Interestingly enough, this is also the same forum as the ideas forum. Funny. You can post it there. There are NO requirements for the item or idea to be fleshed out or not discussed there. You can do it. Get over yourself.

Community Member Lokeal_The_Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by simo0208 View Post
    All of that comment belongs in the suggestions forum. Because you are asking for changes to the game. Interestingly enough, this is also the same forum as the ideas forum. Funny. You can post it there. There are NO requirements for the item or idea to be fleshed out or not discussed there. You can do it. Get over yourself.
    No I wasn't asking for changes in the game, I was asking for changes in the item concept perhaps even changes that would lead to an enhancement tree concept that's why I placed it in the discussion forum. You assume way too much.

No I wasn't asking for changes in the game, I was asking for changes in the item concept perhaps even changes that would lead to an enhancement tree concept that's why I placed it in the discussion forum. You assume way too much.
    So you make an item "IDEA" but put it in discussions because you were looking for changes to it? That sounds like it should go in the "Idea's" section.

Community Member SpartanKiller13's Avatar

I think it's hilarious how this thread lasted this long only because it went across a weekend lol. I'll be amazed if it isn't locked by tomorrow.

Towards the OP I think it should be a throwing clicky. 3x per rest you can throw a Jar of Mayonnaise, which explodes into an AoE that nauseates allies & opponents unless they succeed a DC23 Fortitude Save, and applies Grease to the target area. Blocked during raids.

If you see a problem with me, then push for a DDO humor forum (Only this post and one other I've made would be placed there that I can recall of) and a DDO Item And Enhancement Tree Speculation forum.
    I'm down with this. At least a Humor forum, a Speculation forum seems a bit similar to the existing. Let's get something positive out of this thread

You don't understand, you are telling me how to enjoy the game without realizing it...... autoheal procs are my means of submersing myself into battle and thus my means of enjoying the game as it allows me to divert as much of my attention away from my healthbar as it required to focus adequately more on the battle itself while also saving me spellpoints and giving me a slightly longer time in between the points where the need to heal myself arises.
    You might try out Barbarian Ravager's T5 Blood Strength gives on-kill healing and a 12% chance at on-hit healing; the numbers are a bit bigger than the 1d3 you're looking for, so that should make up for the <100% proc rate.
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    It's DDO. There are probably 6 different types of Evil damage.

Community Manager

This might be one of the stranger threads I've ever had to close.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234