Default Careful what bosses you inflict CON damage on

Just filed a bug report while waiting for GM help, but figured I'd also post warning here:

It seems inflicting CON damage on the boss of "Siegebreaker" is liable to break the end fight. I went in with my "Waves of Despair", a Bastard sword which inflicts 2 points of CON damage on every hit, and after inflicting a bunch of damage, she went invulnerable as normal, did her little monologue, and then nothing happened. I am 95% sure it's this CON damage that mucked up her triggering the first wave of mobs and the first puzzle.

So yes, take this as a warning to avoid inflicting CON damage on her, and possibly some other bosses that have similar HP-based mechanics (I wonder if it messes up the WGU boss too).

Last edited by LeoLionxxx; 07-14-2018 at 12:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Pshaw, when have we ever done something like that before. DDO is bug free, I assure you.
    That's not lag, it's just DDO trying to become turn-based again.

Community Member

U mean the boss in SIEGEBREAKER
    ?
    In game in Cannith as
    Aborim Master (main toon) --- Nickallin (my tank)--- Jjnick (warlock 30) --- Nickpunick ()--- Nickruvido (my healer)--- Nickallinone (shuri build)
    GODS

I did bring up not long ago the Con damage of the Wave of Despair is too OP. player response was "all is fine".
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

You are the one choosing not to play alts.

Casual player now investing way less than I used to into the game, playing 1-3 months at a time and still want nothing to do with Reaper. #improvepuggrouping#alldifficultiesmatter

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    I did bring up not long ago the Con damage of the Wave of Despair is too OP. player response was "all is fine".
    I used wave and must admit is very far from op.
    Sadly
    In game in Cannith as
    Aborim Master (main toon) --- Nickallin (my tank)--- Jjnick (warlock 30) --- Nickpunick ()--- Nickruvido (my healer)--- Nickallinone (shuri build)
    GODS

Community Member

This has nothing to do with it is OP or not. It has to do with bugged mechanics. Please don't twist this into one of your crusades.
    Graceana, assassin ~ Xiya, tempest ~ Shinshi, shintao ~ Ayaxi, thief-acrobat ~ Saravi, cleric ~ Sanziana, arcane archer ~ Kyudojin, mechanic
    Talvi, caster druid ~ Zinzie, shiradi sorc ~ Kishori, spellsinger ~ Faunia, wolf druid ~ Viven, warchanter ~ Jianqiao, ninja spy
    Cliodna, wizard ~ Serenwyn, swashbuckler ~ Duisteri, shuribuild ~ Mahuika, warlock ~ Narabali, tank ~ Tabbithah, artificer
    The Casual Obsession
    Khyber

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBlonde View Post
    Ask for TWEAKS and ye shall receive, and lo, the nerfhammer shall be moderate. Ask for cow from orbit and ye shall receive that, too, and be sorry you did.

Community Member

Boss stat damage is capped at 10 anyway.

"All is fine".
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

You are the one choosing not to play alts.

Casual player now investing way less than I used to into the game, playing 1-3 months at a time and still want nothing to do with Reaper. #improvepuggrouping#alldifficultiesmatter

Quote Originally Posted by Alled78 View Post
    U mean the boss in SIEGEBREAKER
    ?
    Wow, I didn't think I was THAT tired when I wrote this :P

Updated OP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Pshaw, when have we ever done something like that before. DDO is bug free, I assure you.
    That's not lag, it's just DDO trying to become turn-based again.

2016 DDO Players Council
    Resident Blue Dragon

The end boss has plenty of other issues. One time I had two of the tile puzzles spawn on top of one another. It was pretty confusing and I'm pretty sure bugged the quest lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Wise fwom ur gwave.

Quote Originally Posted by Hipparan View Post
    The end boss has plenty of other issues. One time I had two of the tile puzzles spawn on top of one another. It was pretty confusing and I'm pretty sure bugged the quest lol.
    Thats due to stacking dots on her, dots applied before her shield will still damage and advance her dialogue if you get her hp down far enough.

You seem to have brought EVERYTHING up before as it is all OP to YOU
    Ozzgood 42, 36, 15, 33., Ozzbad 35, 36, 9, 16., Ozzugly 39, 36, 15, 22., EvilOzz 33, 36, 6, 12. and Alts on Khyber
    Past Lives: Heroic, Epic, Iconic, Racial