Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Dreppo View Post
    In the sorcerer version of Eldritch Knight it should be charisma to hit and damage. (Or just make it the higher of int/cha.)
    The biggest problem for Sorcerers is that they are feat starved, so EK is only really workable on wizards due to their bonus feats for casting.

There would most likely need to have more bonus fighter feats from the enhancements to make it work for sorcerer.

Maybe some of ideas from Warchanter, Battlefist, Nature's Warrior and War Soul may help Eldridch Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by HuneyMunster View Post
    The biggest problem for Sorcerers is that they are feat starved, so EK is only really workable on wizards due to their bonus feats for casting.

There would most likely need to have more bonus fighter feats from the enhancements to make it work for sorcerer.

Maybe some of ideas from Warchanter, Battlefist, Nature's Warrior and War Soul may help Eldridch Knight.
    I tend to agree with you here. My solution would be to automatically grant them some martial feats. Either through core or tier abilities. This would bring them more closer in alignment to how I think the prestige class is. They also definitely need a lot more health points as think prestige class version also granted them a bit hit dice

Quote Originally Posted by K_9 View Post
    I tend to agree with you here. My solution would be to automatically grant them some martial feats. Either through core or tier abilities. This would bring them more closer in alignment to how I think the prestige class is. They also definitely need a lot more health points as think prestige class version also granted them a bit hit dice
    The concept of an EK has trouble with DDO’s BAB qualifiers for feats (I do not know about how the PnP works). Wizard BAB is horrible so you would not even have GSWF or whatever by epics. So like wolf form, you would need something to make up for it in speed or doublestrike % or whatever. But then without those feats you would not get access to the new hp autogranted epic feat coming out.
    All EKs will push for KtA which also gets at least INT to hit; having INT to damage saves a small amount of AP. One might add simply the Arti spell (the INT damage one) to their spellbook in the cores, or do the mechanic treatment.
    The elemental spellsword damage could be cumulative types instead of just selecting one, giving more incentives to use all the cores (I would also base it on elemental spellpower not mp). I see force spellpower really behind weapon dps but I confess that I am really struggling with the whole conception.

Anyway I have played wizard heavy melee toons & their versatility was very fun.
    ROGUE Part QUATRE: Prove your Stealth Skills!
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist), Naerfelka (farmer)

How about some fundamental changes to how things work, adding an Eldritch Battery that makes abilities stronger, but gets drained as spells are cast.
    When you are in full on combat mode, it increases your abilities and lets you get a few spells off while fighting with extra power. If SP get low after prolonged spellcasting, a period of combat will allow for more spells to be cast. Casting while swinging should recharge the battery fairly quickly, taking longer the more metamagic that's used.
    I like the idea of Katalissa's Swing Both Ways, but not sure where to put it in the tree, or if it should be a Feat instead.
    Hopefully this would make for a more viable front line caster and at the same time not be a duplicate of other trees, but other people will probably manage to spot all the flaws that I haven't considered.

Code:
    Cores
    Core 1: Eldritch Battery
    You build an eldritch bond with your weapons. You strengthen this bond by damaging enemies with melee attacks. Each attack that hits adds 3 to your Eldritch Battery, up to a maximum of 200. Dying or switching weapon resets your weapon bond to zero.
    Passive:

• Your Eldritch Battery value is added to your Spell Point as temporary spell points (Eldritch Battery value is reduced as spell points are used)
    • Your Eldritch Battery value is added to your Universal Spell Power
    • Every point spend in the Eldritch Knight tree grants you +0.5 Universal Spell Power.
    • +1% doublestrike
    Core 2: Eldritch Strike Melee Cleave Attack: Sheathe your weapon in eldritch energies, striking foes in front of you for +1[W] damage. If this attack hits, your weapon also releases a blast of magical energy, dealing an additional 1 to 3 Force Damage per character level to all nearby foes. This additional Force damage is affected by your Force Spell Power. (Activation Cost: 10 Spell Points. Cooldown: 12 seconds) Passive:
    • -5% Arcane Spell Failure from equipped Armor and Shields
    • +10 Force Spell Power
    Core 3: Eldritch Material Your understanding of battle allows you to detect the weaknesses of your foes. Your understanding of magic allows you to exploit this. Toggle: Select the material properties that your weapon possesses (Adamantine, Silver, Flametouched Iron, Cold Iron, Byesshk, Crystal)
    • Up to once every 6 seconds while an Eldritch Material toggle is active, an attack you make that hits an enemy will cost you 1SP.
    Passive:
    • +1% doublestrike
    • +10 Force spellpower
    Core 4: Eldritch Alignment Your understanding of battle allows you to detect the weaknesses of your foes. Your understanding of magic allows you to exploit this. Toggle: Select the alignment properties that your weapon possesses (Good, Lawful, Chaotic, Evil)
    • Up to once every 6 seconds while an Eldritch Alignment toggle is active, an attack you make that hits an enemy will cost you 2SP.
    Passive:
    • -5% Arcane Spell Failure from equipped Armor and Shields
    • +10 Force spellpower
    Core 5: Eldritch Bypass Your understanding of battle allows you to detect the weaknesses of your foes. Your understanding of magic allows you to exploit this. Toggle: Select the defensive bypass properties that your weapon possesses (Ghost Touch, Fortification Bypass, Dodge Bypass, Concealment Bypass)
    • Up to once every 6 seconds while an Eldritch Bypass toggle is active, an attack you make that hits an enemy will cost you 3SP.
    Passive:
    • +1% doublestrike
    • +10 Force spellpower
    Core 6: Eldritch Power Your Eldritch Strike now grants you a Power Charge. When you have 10 Power Charges, they are removed, and you gain Eldritch Power. Eldritch Power: +10% melee damage, +3d4 Force Damage on Hit, +25 Universal spellpower, Eldritch Strike Cooldown reduced to 6s, Eldritch Strike Cost reduced to 5SP. Duration 30 seconds. Passive:
    • +4 Intelligence
    • +10 Force spellpower
    Tier 1 Spellsword I AP:1 Ranks:1 Choose one: Acid, Flame, Frost, Shock Toggle: Charge your equipped weapon with magical (element), causing them to deal an additional 1d6 (element) damage on hit. This damage increases to 2d4 at Wiz/Sorc Level 6, 3d4 at Wiz/Sorc Level 12, and 4d4 at Wiz/Sorc Level 18. (Scales with 50% spellpower)
    • Up to once every 6 seconds while a Spellsword toggle is active, an attack you make that hits an enemy will cost you 1SP.
    • While active, your Eldritch Strike deals an additional 1 to 3 (element) damage per character level (scales with spellpower).
    While your Eldritch Battery is above 10 you gain +1 to hit & damage on melee attacks Strategic Combat I/Battlefield Grace I AP:2 Ranks:1 Choose one (Int or Cha) You can use your Int/Cha modifier to hit with Melee and Missile weapons. Note: This does not function with shields. Improved Mage Armor AP:1 Ranks:3 Spell Like Ability: Mage Armor. (Activation Cost: 8/6/4 Spell Points) In addition, while you are under the effect of the Mage Armor spell, you gain a +3%/+6%/+10% increase to your total Armor Class. Toughness AP:1 Ranks:3 +5/+10/+15 maximum Hit Points. Item Defense AP:1 Ranks:3 You have a 25%/50%/75% chance to negate potential item wear Tier 2 Spellsword II AP:1 Ranks:1 Choose a second Spellsword toggle. While your Eldritch Battery is above 30 you gain +2 to hit & damage on melee attacks Know the Angles/Presence of Mind Choose one (Int or Cha) AP:1 Ranks:3 Activation cost: [45/30/15] spell points. Cooldown: 20 seconds. Antirequisite: Divine Might. You gain an Insight bonus to damage and the DC of tactical feats equal to 1/2 of your Int/Cha modifier for [30/60/120] seconds. Improved Shield AP:1 Ranks:3 Spell Like Ability: Shield (Activation Cost: 8/6/4 Spell points) In addition, while you are under the effect of the Shield spell, you gain +3/+6/+10 Physical Resistance Rating. Armor Training I AP:1 Ranks:2 You become familiar with armor and shields. Rank 1 You gain proficiency with light armor and all shields except Tower Shields. Rank 2 Your Arcane Spell Failure chance from equipped shields is reduced by 5%. Your Arcane Spell Failure chance from equipped light armor is reduced by 5%. Martial Training AP:2 Ranks:1 Passive: You gain +2% doublestrike and proficiency with all martial weapons. Tier 3 Spellsword III AP:1 Ranks:1 Choose a third Spellsword toggle. While your Eldritch Battery is above 60 you gain +3 to hit & damage on melee attacks Strategic Combat II/Battlefield Grace II AP:2 Ranks:1 Choose one (Int or Cha) You can use your Int/Cha modifier to damage with Melee and Missile weapons. Note: This does not function with shields. Arcane Barrier AP:1 Ranks:3 Passive: When your HP drop below 50% of maximum, you are immediately protected by an Arcane Barrier that reduces all incoming damage by 25% for the next 10/15/20 seconds. This effect may only trigger once every 150/120/90 seconds. Critical Accuracy AP:1 Ranks:3 Rank 1 +1 to attack rolls to confirm critical hits & critical damage before multipliers Rank 2 +2 to attack rolls to confirm critical hits & critical damage before multipliers +1 to critical threat range when Eldritch Battery is above 75 Rank 3 +3 to attack rolls to confirm critical hits & critical damage before multipliers +1 to critical threat range when Eldritch Battery is above 75 +2 to critical threat range when Eldritch Battery is above 150 Ability Increase I AP:2 Ranks:1 Choose one: Str, Dex, Int or Cha Tier 4 Spellsword IV AP:1 Ranks:1 Choose a fourth Spellsword toggle. While your Eldritch Battery is above 100 you gain +4 to hit & damage on melee attacks Battlemage AP:1 Ranks:3 Rank 1: +1 Concentration, Intimidate, and Spellcraft An additional +1 while Eldritch Battery is above 10 (for a total of +2) Rank 2: +2 Concentration, Intimidate, and Spellcraft An additional +1 while Eldritch Battery is above 10 (for a total of +3) An additional +4 while Eldritch Battery is above 40 (for a total of +7) Rank 3: +3 Concentration, Intimidate, and Spellcraft An additional +1 while Eldritch Battery is above 10 (for a total of +4) An additional +4 while Eldritch Battery is above 40 (for a total of +8) An additional +8 while Eldritch Battery is above 100 (for a total of +16) Elemental Resistance AP:1 Ranks:3 Rank 1 +2 Resistance to Acid, Cold, Electric, Fire, and Sonic An additional +2 while Eldritch Battery is above 50 (for a total of +4) Rank 2 +4 Resistance to Acid, Cold, Electric, Fire, and Sonic An additional +2 while Eldritch Battery is above 50 (for a total of +6) An additional +4 while Eldritch Battery is above 100 (for a total of +10) Rank 3 +6 Resistance to Acid, Cold, Electric, Fire, and Sonic An additional +2 while Eldritch Battery is above 50 (for a total of +8) An additional +4 while Eldritch Battery is above 100 (for a total of +12) An additional +6 while Eldritch Battery is above 150 (for a total of +18) Armor Training II AP:1 Ranks:3 You are more familiar with armor and shields. Rank 1 You gain proficiency in Medium Armor On Hit: +5% chance to proc an immediate Shield Bash attack with an equipped shield Rank 2 Your total Arcane Spell Failure chance from equipped armor is reduced by an additional 5% On Hit: +10% chance to proc an immediate Shield Bash attack with an equipped shield Rank 3 On Hit: +20% chance to proc an immediate Shield Bash attack with an equipped shield Ability Increase II AP:2 Ranks:1 Choose one: Str, Dex, Int or Cha Tier 5 Spellsword Transformation AP:1 Ranks:1 Toggle: You can expend 25 spell points to become a virtual fighting machine.
    • Your base attack bonus equals your character level.
    • Your spellcasting ability is reduced, resulting in a -2 penalty to all spell DCs, -2 to your rolls to bypass enemy Spell Resistance, and doubling the cooldown of your spells.
    • You gain an eldritch bonus to Strength, Dexterity, and Constitution (+1 while your Eldritch Battery is above 10, +2 while it is above 30, +3 while it is above 60, +4 while it is above 100)
    • You gain a +6 alchemical bonus to Armor Class and proficiency with all simple and martial weapons
    Eldritch Shield AP:1 Ranks:1 Every six seconds while you have a shield equipped, you gain Temporary Hit Points equal to the enhancement bonus of your equipped shield This bonus is increased to: 2x enhancement bonus when Eldritch Battery is above 20 3x enhancement bonus when Eldritch Battery is above 50 4x enhancement bonus when Eldritch Battery is above 100 5x enhancement bonus when Eldritch Battery is 200 Still Spell AP:1 Ranks:3 Passive: Your Arcane Spell Failure from equipped armor and shields is reduced by 5%/10%/15%. Doublestrike AP:1 Ranks:3 Passive: +2%/+4%/+6% Doublestrike Eldritch Tempest AP:2 Ranks:3 Activate: Perform a spinning melee attack, dealing weapon damage +2[W]/+3[W]/+4[W] to all nearby enemies and knocking them prone for 1 second. (Activation Cost: 50/40/30 Spell points. Cooldown: 60/45/30 seconds) If any foes are struck by Eldritch Tempest, your weapon also releases an explosion of magical force, dealing an additional 1d6 Force damage per character level to all nearby enemies. This additional force damage is affected by your spell power.
    Last edited by glmfw1; 09-08-2018 at 11:27 AM. Reason: added code tags for ease of scrolling
    Bettayne Brah'dukcc, Cleric of Lathander
    Today is the first day of the rest of your life
    For DDO Queries, check out ddowiki.com; New to the game? Head to the Newbie Guide

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Saekee View Post
    The concept of an EK has trouble with DDO’s BAB qualifiers for feats (I do not know about how the PnP works). Wizard BAB is horrible so you would not even have GSWF or whatever by epics. So like wolf form, you would need something to make up for it in speed or doublestrike % or whatever. But then without those feats you would not get access to the new hp autogranted epic feat coming out.
    All EKs will push for KtA which also gets at least INT to hit; having INT to damage saves a small amount of AP. One might add simply the Arti spell (the INT damage one) to their spellbook in the cores, or do the mechanic treatment.
    The elemental spellsword damage could be cumulative types instead of just selecting one, giving more incentives to use all the cores (I would also base it on elemental spellpower not mp). I see force spellpower really behind weapon dps but I confess that I am really struggling with the whole conception.

One column of the tree devoted to a weapon line would be cool with the level req set as the regular BAB but no real BAB req. At each tier taking the shield line also reduces asf with shields.
    T1: level 1: twf/thf/swf/ precise shot / all shield profs
    T2: level 6: improved *** / manyshot / shield mastery
    T3: level 8: improved critical / improved shield mastery
    T4: level 11: greater *** / IPS / *a unique shield buff since feat line expires*
    T5: level 12: a thematic boost based on line, and meets prereq for epic destiny feats, overwhelming crit, and legendary shield in LD.
    Last edited by Cantor; 09-08-2018 at 10:25 AM.

Heck with it, I might as well toss my half-baked idea for an EK revamp in here.

Code:
    Eldritch Knight Revamp Proposal

All cores 1 AP each, standard progression (0/5/10/20/30/40 AP spent, class level 1/3/6/12/18/20)

Core 1 - Eldritch Strike: Same as Live, but force damage is increased to 1d2 per level and the activation cost is 5 SP

Cores now also give +1 Melee Power each

Core 2 - Arcane Striker: Select one

• Traditional Battlemage: If the item in your offhand is a weapon, it is treated as an orb instead of a weapon. As long as your main hand weapon is a one-handed melee weapon, your fighting style is treated as Single Weapon Fighting (Requires Single weapon Fighting)
    • Arcane Guardian: Your Arcane Spell Failure from shields is reduced by 5% (Requires Shield Proficiency (General))
    • Mystic Dervish: You gain 3% offhand doublestrike (Requires Two Weapon Fighting)
    • Magical Devastator: As long as you have a two-handed martial weapon increased, you gain Physical Resistance Rating equal to your (Wizard/Sorcerer) level. Your Spellsword imbues have an additional +3% chance to proc on Glancing Blows. (Requires Two Handed Fighting)
    Core 3 - Morphic Weapon: (Toggle - Secondary Spellsword Imbue) While active, your equipped melee weapons deal bludgeoning, slashing, and piercing damage. (Activation cost 20sp, cooldown 15 seconds) Core 4 - Improved Arcane Striker: Select one
    • Practiced Battlemage: As long as you have an orb or one-handed weapon equipped in your offhand, you gain +1 to the DCs of your spells and +5% Dodge (Requires Traditional Battlemage and Improved Single Weapon Fighting) (Antiresiquite: (Any Swashbuckling style))
    • Arcane Bulwark: Your Arcane Spell Failure from shields is now reduced by 10%, and your ASF from armor is reduced by 5% (Requires Arcane Guardian and Shield Mastery)
    • Otherworldly Dervish: You gain an additional 3% offhand doublestrike. While Hasted and wielding two weapons, you personally gain an additional 5% stacking attack speed and +5 to your Reflex saves (Requires Mystic Dervish and Improved Two Weapon Fighting)
    • Magical Annihilator: As long as you have a two-handed weapon equipped, you gain Magical Resistance Rating equal to your (Wizard/Sorcerer) level. Your Spellsword imbues have an additional +3% chance to proc on Glancing Blows.(Requires Improved Two Handed Fighting and Magical Devastator)
    Core 5 - Enigmatic Weapon: (Toggle - Secondary Spellsword Imbue) While active, your weapon is sheathed in magical force, giving it the Ghost Touch ability, the Crystal damage type, and immunity to damage from striking oozes and rust monsters. (Activation cost 20sp, cooldown 15 seconds) Passive: Your equipped weapons gain a +1 Competence bonus to Critical Damage Multiplier. Core 6 - Master Arcane Striker: All selections give the following: Full Base Attack Bonus, +4 Melee Power (for a total of +10), +20 Universal Spell Power, and +10% to all spells' critical hit chance Select one
    • Master Battlemage: +4 (Intelligence/Charisma). As long as you have an orb or one-handed weapon equipped in your offhand, you gain an additional +1 to the DCs of your spells and an additional 5% Dodge. You are considered to have the Greater Single Weapon Fighting feat. (Requires Practiced Battlemage)
    • Arcane Fortress: +2 Constitution, +2 (Intelligence/Charisma). Your Arcane Spell Failure from shields is now reduced by 15%. Your Arcane Spell Failure from armor is reduced by 10%. You gain +20 amplification to all incoming healing that is applicable to you (Positive, Negative, and Repair.) (Requires Arcane Bulwark and Improved Shield Mastery)
    • Supernatural Dervish: +2 Dexterity, +2 (Intelligence/Charisma). You gain an additional 4% offhand doublestrike (for a total of +10%.) You are considered to have the Greater Two Weapon Fighting feat. While wielding two weapons and wearing light or no armor, you also gain the Evasion feat. (Requires Otherworldly Dervish)
    • Magical Warsword: +2 Strength, +2 (Intelligence/Charisma). As long as you have a two-handed weapon equipped, you gain an additional +4 Doublestrike (for a total of +10 from cores.) Your Spellsword imbues have an additional +4% chance to proc on Glancing Blows. You are considered to have the Greater Two Handed Fighting feat. (Requires Magical Annihilator)
    Tier 1 Improved Mage Armor: (Same as on Live) Toughness: (Same as on Live) Item Defense: (Same as on Live) Spellsword Imbue: (Cost 2 AP) Choose one. +3 Universal Spell Power. (Activation cost 20sp, cooldown 15 seconds) (All are considered Eldritch Knight Spellsword Imbue Toggles)
    • Caustic Spellsword: Your melee weapons deal an additional 1d6 acid damage on hit, scaling with Spell Power.
    • Blazing Spellsword: Your melee weapons deal an additional 1d6 fire damage on hit, scaling with Spell Power.
    • Glacial Spellsword: Your melee weapons deal an additional 1d6 cold damage on hit, scaling with Spell Power.
    • Lightning Spellsword: Your melee weapons deal an additional 1d6 electric damage on hit, scaling with Spell Power.
    Battlemage: (Cost 1 AP, 3 ranks) +1/+2/+3 Concentration, Spellcraft, and Balance. Rank 3 additionally gives +1 to hit and damage with weapons. Tier 2 Improved Shield: (Same as on Live) Light Armor Proficiency: (Same as on Live) Impulsive Spellsword: (Cost 2 AP) (Eldritch Knight Imbue Toggle) Your melee weapons deal an additional 1d4 Force Damage (plus an additional 1d8-3d8 depending on crit multiplier) on hit, scaling with Spell Power, as well as the Ghost Touch ability. (Activation cost 20sp, cooldown 15 seconds) Spellsword Imbue: (Cost 2 AP) Select one of the weapon imbues you previously didn't take, or:
    • Elemental Spellsword: +2 damage dice with your Spellsword Imbues and +5 Universal Spell Power
    Action Boost: Select Spellpower or Attack. Cooldown 30 sec, 5 uses per rest
    • Attack Boost: Activate to gain a +4/6/8 action boost bonus to hit for 20 seconds.
    • Spell Power Boost: Activate to gain a +10/+20/+30 Action Boost bonus to Spell Power for 20 seconds.
    Tier 3 Arcane Barrier: (Same as on Live) Dispelling Strike: (Cost 1 AP per) Melee Attack: Performs a melee attack that deals +0.5/+1/+1.5[W] damage and dispels 1/2/3 beneficial effects from your target. (Activation cost 3sp, cooldown 3 seconds) Force Wave: (Cost 2 AP) Melee Area-of-Effect attack: You strike the ground with your weapon, unleashing arcane force on all nearby enemies (within Cleave range.) Those enemies each take 2d6 Force damage (scales with Force spell power) and are knocked down for 8 seconds (DC: 12 + (INT/CHA) mod + half (Wizard/Sorcerer) level + Evocation bonuses - Strength save negates the knockdown.) (Activation cost 10sp, cooldown 15 seconds) Spellsword Imbue: (Same as Tier 2) Ability: (Cost 2 AP) Choose one - +1 (Intelligence/Charisma) or Constitution Tier 4 Medium Armor Proficiency: (Same as on Live) Eldritch Tempest: (Cost 2 AP) Activate: Perform a spinning melee attack, dealing +2[W] to all nearby enemies and knocking them prone for 1 second. If any enemies are struck, your weapon releases an explosion of magical force, dealing an additional +1d4 Force damage per (Wizard/Sorcerer) level to all nearby enemies, scaling with Spell Power. (Activation cost 10sp, cooldown 12 seconds) Warding Runes: (Cost 1 AP per tier) +3/+6/+10 to Physical Resistance Rating and +1/+2/+4 to Spell Resistance Spellsword Imbue: (Same as Tier 2) Ability: (Cost 2 AP) Choose one - +1 (Intelligence/Charisma) or Constitution Tier 5 Tenser's Transformation: (Same as on Live) Doublestrike: (Same as on Live) - Tier 3 also gives a +1 Competence bonus to your weapons' critical threat range Arcane Maelstrom: (Cost 2 AP) Melee Area-of-Effect Attack: You unleash arcane energies around your body in a spiral, tearing at nearby foes with the power of the elements. Requires an active Spellsword Imbue. Deals 1d10 (imbue) damage per character level to each nearby enemy, and an additional 1d2 (imbue) and 1d2 Bleed damage per 3 character levels to each affected enemy every 2 seconds for 10 seconds. Scales with the appropriate Spell Power. (DC: 16 + (INT/CHA) mod + half (Wizard/Sorcerer) level + Evocation bonuses - Reflex save halves damage from the explosion and negates the DoT.) (Activation cost 40sp, cooldown 20 seconds) Improved Spellsword: Choose one
    • Elemental Spellsword: (Cost 2 AP) +2 damage dice with your Spellsword Imbues and +5 Universal Spell Power
    • Improved Spellsword Imbues: (Cost 1 AP) Your Spellsword imbues gain On Critical: 1d10-3d10 elemental damage based on critical multiplier and one of the following:
    • - Caustic : Your weapons gain On Critical Hit: Target gains 1 stack of Dissolving (Target takes 1d6 acid damage every 2 seconds for 6 seconds. This effect can stack 10 times and loses one stack on expiration.)
    • - Blazing: Your weapons gain On Hit: Target gains 1 stack of Searing Pain (Target loses 1 Spell Power, 1 Melee Power, and 1 Ranged Power. This can stack up to 15 times.)
    • - Glacial: Your weapons gain On Hit: Target gains 1 stack of Creeping Glaciation (Target gets -1% to movement and attack speed, which can stack up to 20 times.)
    • - Lightning: Your weapons gain On Critical Hit: Vulnerable (Stacks up to 20 times.)
    Runeblade: Your equipped weapons gain an additional +2 Enhancement Bonus and are considered Implements.
    .: Sarlona - High Lords of Malkier :.
    .: Inamorata (Heroic Completionist) / Signalmixer (TR3) (Vorpal Queen) / Darkchylde-1 / Darqchylde / Rashree (TR) / Arising :.
    .: Groundloop (TR4) / Lainiel (TR2) / Zephale (Vorpal Princess) / Aurachylde / Torrynn :.

Quote Originally Posted by TDarkchylde View Post
    Heck with it, I might as well toss my half-baked idea for an EK revamp in here.
    The more half-baked ideas the better
    Bettayne Brah'dukcc, Cleric of Lathander
    Today is the first day of the rest of your life
    For DDO Queries, check out ddowiki.com; New to the game? Head to the Newbie Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Cantor View Post
    One column of the tree devoted to a weapon line would be cool with the level req set as the regular BAB but no real BAB req. At each tier taking the shield line also reduces asf with shields.
    T1: level 1: twf/thf/swf/ precise shot / all shield profs
    T2: level 6: improved *** / manyshot / shield mastery
    T3: level 8: improved critical / improved shield mastery
    T4: level 11: greater *** / IPS / *a unique shield buff since feat line expires*
    T5: level 12: a thematic boost based on line, and meets prereq for epic destiny feats, overwhelming crit, and legendary shield in LD.
    +1 I could get behind this.

Perhaps we can also get some enhancement abilities that give cause SLA through your weapon hitting a target that benefit with spellpower? Something like Lighting (bolt) strike/shot and disintegrating shot/strike.

This would end up doing something like +2 to +4 weapon damage, but spell and the spell part can be metad'd. As wizards will have weak MP/RP then the +W won't be too high. If the magic portion of the damage is too high then maybe have reduced benefit from spell power.

I would kinda like to see (tied to a spell pass) instead of the way EK works now, offensively, instead making it more of a spell channel.

Like this - You pick a spell from a list of touch-range spells like ghoul touch, shocking grasp, vampiric touch, chill touch, Abi-Dhalzim's Flame Fist. These spells now channel through your melee attacks when it's toggled on. You /must know the spell/ (and if wiz, have it memmed). It cannot be cast normally while you're channeling it through your weapon. It is added to your melee attacks, up to once per second.

For 'cleave' type abilities, you'd tie an AoE spell to them. Fireball, Freezing Sphere, Horrid Wilting, Delayed Blast Fireball, Sunburst...

The channeled version would drain SP, but much lower than casting the spell outright. Metamagic would not apply. On the upside, neither would evasion, since your AC/Dodge/Incorp/Conceal is now your save against it effectively. If the weapon strike hits, so does the spell.

Tenser's Transformation, Flurry of Blows, and other effects that give you full BAB would be high value in order to increase your odds of landing the hit, and to give you more swings in a shorter time span.

You could also include unexpected things, probably in a high core to prevent them from being brutally abused via multiclass, like a Haste Toggle that drains SP slowly over time, but not nearly enough that a pure wiz or sorc EK is gonna consider it remotely a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Saekee View Post

Another way to deal with the BAB issues for feats is to ignore them completely witch the exception of maybe Shield feats if someone would like to get extra defence over offence.

Eldritch Knight Spellsword could change weapons from physical to elemental damage similar to Flame blade that druids have. They could even scale of spell power and spell critical instead of melee power improved critical etc. Not sure how well this could be balanced from scaling, but biggest issue will be anything that is immune to all elemental damage types would seriously hurt the EK.

Option here would be to add something similar to Warlock's Penetrating Blast that turns weapon into doing piercing damage based off force spell power.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12