Community Member Lokeal_The_Flame's Avatar

Default Eldritch Knight And Half-Elf Pass (let's Visualize this)

Okay, as for the Eldritch Knight tree, I believe the Tensor's Transformation toggle should be changed to tier 4 rather than 5 while the fourth core enhancement should grant Intelligence to hit and damage.

The fifth tier could contain an enhancement that unrestrains a single school of spells from being negatively effected by Tensor's transformation..... but then again I feel there is likely a better set of suggestions for such!

Furthermore, I feel the Half Elf tree should let you choose between Arcane Archer and the Eldritch Knight tree.

As for further ideas on the Half Elf Race..... Dilettantes need work!

Half-Elf Dilettante: Artificer-You can now train runearm use and can count as an artificer for runearm usage scaling. (10 points spent prerequisite)

Half-Elf Dilettante: Paladin-When equipping a special weapon such as Divinity the morninglord's Goal, you count as a paladin and thus benefit from the Paladin restricted effects. (10 points spent prerequisite)

Edits

Half-Elf Dilettante: Barbarian: Rage 5 times per rest (10 points spent prerequisite)

Half-Elf Dilettante: Bard: You may single weapon fight while equipped with a buckler (15 points spent prerequisite)
    Last edited by Lokeal_The_Flame; 07-13-2018 at 03:16 PM.

Thoughts on Eldritch Knight

… First Tensors stays at Tier 5 and there is no need to exempt spells. Tensors is a transformation to fighter and should maintain the drawbacks. However, make it a Toggle so that the wizard can turn it off and on based on need. This gives it a bit extra power over a non-EK in that they cannot simply dismiss Tensors.

Second - Scale Spellsword elements with either spell power or melee power.

Change Improved Shield and Shield training to include other fighting styles - Single Weapon Fighting, Two Weapon Fighting and Two Handed Weapon Fighting.

Change Shield Striking to correlate with the Fighting style chosen - Keep Bash with shield choice, add off-hand for TWF, alacrity for SWF and Glancing for THF

---
    Half-Elf
    Dilettantes do need to apply a limited "Class Level" based on the Improved Dilettante enhancement. 1 at base, 3 first and 6 second and 10 at third.

I actually disagree that the dilettante of Artificer should allow runearm use. But think it might make a good choice in the Improved Abilities list to choose from.

Community Member Lokeal_The_Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Enoach View Post
    Thoughts on Eldritch Knight

… First Tensors stays at Tier 5 and there is no need to exempt spells. Tensors is a transformation to fighter and should maintain the drawbacks. However, make it a Toggle so that the wizard can turn it off and on based on need. This gives it a bit extra power over a non-EK in that they cannot simply dismiss Tensors.

Second - Scale Spellsword elements with either spell power or melee power.

Change Improved Shield and Shield training to include other fighting styles - Single Weapon Fighting, Two Weapon Fighting and Two Handed Weapon Fighting.

Change Shield Striking to correlate with the Fighting style chosen - Keep Bash with shield choice, add off-hand for TWF, alacrity for SWF and Glancing for THF

---
    Half-Elf
    Dilettantes do need to apply a limited "Class Level" based on the Improved Dilettante enhancement. 1 at base, 3 first and 6 second and 10 at third.

I actually disagree that the dilettante of Artificer should allow runearm use. But think it might make a good choice in the Improved Abilities list to choose from.
    Oh, even I would agree that such should be trainable while disagreeing that choosing the Artificer dilettante would be enough to grant such (perhaps I should have worded myself better?), frankly I feel the Half Elf-Dilettante for artificer rune arm use should come with the prerequisite of having at least 10 points spent into the racial tree.

As for the unlocking potential feature for Paladin weapons, I feel it should require the same in terms of points spent into the tree.

Anyhow..... further more Ima edit in a benefit for half elf dilettante for bard.