Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default U39 - Is this what Sev hinted at?

I had to go back and read the last producer's update where Sev hints at something players have been asking for. I thought it might be the new Enhancement tree with Wisdom to-hit and damage!

However, reading the post again seems to hint at more of a new dungeon of some such.

Still, if this is it, I'm pretty stoked! I am gearing up to TR a couple of older toons to try some new builds. The creative fires have been stoked for sure!

Thanks SSG for more flavor and fun!

Sev has said on multiple occassions that I can vaguely recall that he wanted/planned to add an enhancement tree with Wisdom to hit and damage.

However, this was not the thing being hinted at in the Producers Letter. That is yet to be announced publicly. More fun things in the future. =]
    Tell me about any and all bugs you encounter by clicking here!

NOTE: Submitting a bug in this manner is not a quick fix for past occurrences; it is instead a means of bringing issues to our attention to prevent future occurrences for both you and others. Providing detailed information, especially specifics about your account and character as well as what steps you took leading up to the issue, are critical to us being able to pinpoint the cause of any problems you have encountered.

Considering that most of the requests for WIS to hit and dmg had been coming from FvS, and they got it as a class feat, the new tree is more like icing on the cake.

I'll speculate that the "surprise" refers to something more basic relating to the overall QoL. Maybe a change to the LFM system (there've been rumors), or the UI, or the store (the last one is personal wishful thinking, but can't hurt to throw it out there LOL).
    "People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. ... People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true." Terry Goodkind

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    More fun things in the future. =]
    Since Devs have said no more expansions planned this year....I'm thinking this will come out in January 2019!

Sev has said on multiple occassions that I can vaguely recall that he wanted/planned to add an enhancement tree with Wisdom to hit and damage.

However, this was not the thing being hinted at in the Producers Letter. That is yet to be announced publicly. More fun things in the future. =]
    !!!
    ROGUE Part QUATRE: Prove your Stealth Skills!

Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist), Naerfelka (farmer)

Community Member

So you're saying we have even more things to be excited for?

Honestly if you guys pull off a smooth launch of WPM without any crippling issues between WPM, Ravenloft, and the mystery 2018 may be the best year for DDO since MOTU.

We get to play Tressym Evoker Archmages?

Default Tease!

Such a tease Coco!

I'll admit that DDO has never been more fun than right now. Ravenloft really changed things and there are so many fun things to do. So now you're saying that there are MORE fun things coming our way in 2018?!?!?!?!? AWESOME!

Quote Originally Posted by Mindos View Post
    Since Devs have said no more expansions planned this year....I'm thinking this will come out in January 2019!
    We are not getting a fall/winter update? Ouch!
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoLionxxx View Post
    "I know Constitution isn't a dump stat, that's why I didn't dump any points into it. Why are you yelling?"
    "Less shinies and more durability!" - How to address the rampant Power Creep introduced into the game Update after Update

Quote Originally Posted by AbyssalMage View Post
    We are not getting a fall/winter update? Ouch!
    expansion = MotUD, Shadow, Raventoft..
    Updates = the rest.

So this is only implies we are not getting more expansions this year.

Quote Originally Posted by cocomajobo View Post
    however, this was not the thing being hinted at in the producers letter. That is yet to be announced publicly. More fun things in the future. =]
    ddo 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Ausdoerrt View Post
    Considering that most of the requests for WIS to hit and dmg had been coming from FvS, and they got it as a class feat, the new tree is more like icing on the cake.

I'll speculate that the "surprise" refers to something more basic relating to the overall QoL. Maybe a change to the LFM system (there've been rumors), or the UI, or the store (the last one is personal wishful thinking, but can't hurt to throw it out there LOL).
    Monks and gish druids also wanted this.

Quote Originally Posted by Skavenaps View Post
    expansion = MotUD, Shadow, Raventoft..
    Updates = the rest.

So this is only implies we are not getting more expansions this year.
    This is accurate. 2018 is expected to contain atleast one more update.
    Tell me about any and all bugs you encounter by clicking here!

NOTE: Submitting a bug in this manner is not a quick fix for past occurrences; it is instead a means of bringing issues to our attention to prevent future occurrences for both you and others. Providing detailed information, especially specifics about your account and character as well as what steps you took leading up to the issue, are critical to us being able to pinpoint the cause of any problems you have encountered.

Default Quarterly Updates

This is accurate. 2018 is expected to contain atleast one more update.
    Are we not doing quarterly updates any more? We should have 2 updates this year after White Plume Mountain. U37 Ravenloft was the 4th update in 2017, U38 Rage was the first update of 2018, and WPM U39 should be the second of 4 updates in 2018.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

/curiously wondering what the "surprise" will be???

A few thoughts (adding things mentioned by others)

Augment system
    Metamagic revamp
    Epic Destinies going from level six minus 1xp to level 10 and/ or other Epic Destiny system revamps
    Arcane Pass
    Epic Destiny Passes
    Announcement of expansion-possibly Sigil & Pscionics with Gith type races?
    Challenge races or classes (past mention of Kobold challenge race along with Kobold iconic long ago
    revised improved banking (frankly I liked the proposed banking that was ditched due to feedback)
    quest center revised version

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini-Dragon357 View Post
    Are we not doing quarterly updates any more? We should have 2 updates this year after White Plume Mountain. U37 Ravenloft was the 4th update in 2017, U38 Rage was the first update of 2018, and WPM U39 should be the second of 4 updates in 2018.
    I personally prefer fewer updates with higher quality and better content than 4 lackluster updates as we have been having since MotU.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolted View Post
    I personally prefer fewer updates with higher quality and better content than 4 lackluster updates as we have been having since MotU.
    Put another way:
    The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

(Or make that the sweetness of more frequent updates)

Quote Originally Posted by Tricosene View Post
    Put another way:
    The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

(Or make that the sweetness of more frequent updates)

It's going to take a long time for the War Priest/Soul bitterness to leave my mouth then.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini-Dragon357 View Post
    The size of the Ravenloft expansion and the amount of developer time required to create it probably means that we are only going to have 3 updates in 2018. The quarterly update schedule should resume in 2019, unless there is another expansion.

Sovereign Vorpal Halfling of Supreme Good scipiojedi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by edrein View Post
    It's going to take a long time for the War Priest/Soul bitterness to leave my mouth then.
    That is your choice
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Working for free makes it very difficult to spend money on swords.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliveyew View Post
    I have an unhealthy addiction to chocolate
    Khyber: Jobus, JaguarPaw (xbow user), Ungriem (tank), Helvetii (air sorc), Jobox (AA), Yaddle (Monk), Jobberwocky (Melee Artificer)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast