Default Broken Monk Feats and Abilities

Bug: Ki Shout, still uses Intimidate score instead of Concentration. No sign of change of it being fixed in Lamannia. Not been bugged and ticketed in yet personally, but I do believe someone else has put one in already. Bugged for a while now.

Bug: Vorpal Strike, still only affects unarmed only, using Handwraps won't be given the Vorpal effect, but will be given the Slashing property. No sign of change of it being fixed in Lamannia. Any time frame on when this will be fixed? And yes, this was bugged in and ticketed a while now. Bugged for a VERY long while now.

Dunno what to classify the next one, as it's a bit of a multi-case bug/issue:
    Finishing Moves on monks. I'd like to ask the Devs what the exact internal cooldown is for this for each Finisher. It appears to be in the region of 6-8 seconds from testing. BUT, that internal cooldown is only applicable if you are using the same finisher move as the one used now just before that 6-8s is up.

Rough test went as follows:

Positive, Positive, Positive, Healing Ki (Finisher) fires. Then Positive, Positive, Positive, Healing Ki (Finisher) fizzles. You are unable to execute another Healing Ki (Finisher) until 6-8 seconds after the first one. Suggesting that it actually has an internal "cooldown". Or casting "cooldown".

But, Positive, Positive, Positive, Healing Ki (Finisher) fires, then Earth, Wind, Fire, Shining Star (Finisher) fires, then Earth, Dark, Earth, Pain Touch (Finisher) fires, then Positive, Positive, Positive, Healing Ki (Finisher) fires (as the cooldown betwen first and second Healing Ki is more than 6-8s and cycling through that many other Finishing Moves takes longer than 6-8s to execute "safely").

Monk Finishing moves already suffer from "Missed Timing" (trying to execute the Finishing Move too quickly after completing the Finisher Move sequence, which is a common occurance in fast paced combat at higher difficulties), now in truth you have cooldowns we can't even see when they are off and it will just "disappear" when we try to gauge and then mistime the Finishing Move (which is nothing more than another unnecessary hurdle). It's like all the casters playing with their hotbars and timers turned off, their effectiveness goes down immensely as they are guessing what they can do next rather than plan towards their next move. Except, casters with quicken on don't even have a "Missed Chance" or "Spell Failure" in their case.

Would it be possible to please have these cooldowns displayable? And/Or have these cooldowns reduced? It appears silly to have cooldowns on things that already have "Missed Timing" associated with it by executing it too quickly. It's just another chance at failure added on to a long chain of "it could not work" for Monks; Complete Finishing Move Chain, Time it Safely, Have enough Ki, Land your To-Hit, Hope your Finishing Move was off timer, hope target fails save. We don't have the same limitations for other classes, so why should the Monk be hampered with so many?

I personally favor having the the cooldown reduced to 3s.

In addition to this or as an alternative (especially if you must insist on that 6-8s cooldown on each Finisher), please create more Finishers so players are not reliant one type of Finisher Move in combat situations.

J1NG
    Thelanis: Yijing (*Completionist* TR 19 36 Point Warforged Monk Level 20 / Epic Level 10)
    Thelanis: Pocket-Monks: Sightblur, Peashoote, Jigglypath.
    Invisible Fences, unkillable Target Practice Dummy's, Shared Bank's, Pale Lavender Ioun Stones, the dimensional barrier between Eberron and Shavarath, I've broken them all...

Great to see that Monks have one more voice on the Forums.

Just some quick thoughts on the go:

Vorpal strikes: Should still affect unarmed exclusively and only
    In todays gameplay (... stuff ...), this EPIC feat needs an overhaul for epics to be on par. We don´t have 2014 any longer. I think it should be comparable to at least "greater vorpal" if not "sovereign vorpal", what could probably be too powerful for a LVL21 feat. The damage on "fail" in any way appears too low for a 20 confirmed critical, i´d like to see something 200+ scaling with MP e.g.

Finishing move 3xPos: Yeah it´s pretty strange to fail on a 3x Pos coz of ... hmm ... must be something there we don´t know about. BUT: If i want to finish the 3xPos AND release while jumped up the air, it always works (for me?)and never gets a failure.
    "It´s too late. Always has been - always will be. Too late"

Quote Originally Posted by Robbenklopper View Post
    Vorpal strikes: Should still affect unarmed exclusively and only
    In todays gameplay (... stuff ...), this EPIC feat needs an overhaul for epics to be on par. We don´t have 2014 any longer. I think it should be comparable to at least "greater vorpal" if not "sovereign vorpal", what could probably be too powerful for a LVL21 feat. The damage on "fail" in any way appears too low for a 20 confirmed critical, i´d like to see something 200+ scaling with MP e.g.
    Whilst the damage aspect I was not too concerned about, since you are basically obtaining Slashing Type damage property to your Handwraps/Unarmed, which is one less DR type to ignore when using Handwraps, it was more that the Vorpal property was missing entirely, losing out on 100 Untyped Damage every so often, as well as the full on instakill for 1000HP or less enemies on a roll of 20 that I was annoyed at missing out on.

With regards to whether it should have MP scaling or one of the better "Vorpals" (Improved, Greater or Sovereign). There are suggestions that could go along with having that sorted, but I get a feeling that it may be tied with rights owned by DnD owner and SSG, so certain things they can't touch or edit on. But if not, I could rattle off a few suggestions:

1. Add +W to Unarmed and Handwraps when Feat is active.
    2. Have a multiselector within Vorpal Strike Epic Feat. Vorpal, Improved Vorpal, Greater Vorpal and Sovereign Vorpal are all available, but depending on your Wisdom score and total Monk level (Because lets face it, it's a Monk exclusive Feat really in 3.5), certain ones become available.

Option 1 is probably easier to do and doesn't limit it to Monks only to get better Vorpals. So it gives Druids in animal forms the chance to obtain Vorpals too. Although technically they already can with weapons in hand. So this isn't entirely necessary to include them in.

Option 2 is probably better, but needs a bit more work. Technically, this follows 3.5 quite closely in needing 25 Wisdom or more to obtain. But let's be honest, until recently (with Tome changes, Aasimar race, and new general tree), getting that (base) 25 Wisdom was incredibly difficulty at or before level 21. Especially since before the new general tree, other than Druids there was no way to fight with Wisdom as a 12 Monk / 8 X class split or only 3x a rest (with Flame Blade). So the requirements were already quite stringent, and the functionality limited in such a HP bloated levelset.

So a quick calculation suggests:

Average starting Wis: 14 (average) + 6 (high Tome available in store) + 5 (level up additions) = 25 base score at level 21.
    Maximum starting Wis with Racial Bonus: 20 (Aasimar) + 8 (absolute highest tome in game so far) + 7 (all level up additions) = 35 available as base score at level 28.
    Maximum starting Wis with Racial Penalty: 16 (Warforged) + 8 (absolute highest tome in game so far) + 7 (all level up additions) = 31 available as base score at level 28.

So there's around a 14 point difference between an average purpose built Vorpal Strike Monk/Split and a fully maximised one, and a 6 point difference with a race with a penalty. As this is a base score check, using the absolute maximum score to design for the Sovereign Vorpal placement would be silly; so the one with the penalty to Wisdom should be used for the calculation to permit players to obtain it more "with investment" (Tomes, etc).

1. Expecting everyone to have +8 Wis tomes is also silly since they are not available "often". +7 at the very most should be factored into the score needed as it's the only one available "commonly" via the store. And in most cases will be for a "better" Vorpal Strike Feat. So -1 Wisdom, leaving 30 as the maximum needed for Sovereign Vorpal placement (for those with Racial penalty).
    3. Real monks are multiple attribute dependent, epic levels even more so, and anything beyond that even more so. So to have a player invest ALL their level up stats into Wisdom only? Whilst there's a new tree coming up, this seems overly harsh. I would suggest a maximum of +5 level up boosts to Wisdom only, as that is already a significant investment. So -2 to Wisdom needed, taking it to 28 Wisdom for Sovereign Vorpal placement.

So looking at that, there is a 4 Wisdom point variance between the base requirement of 25 and the average high investment of 28 (taking into account racial penalty, etc). This permits the placement of an improving Vorpal Strike for each Wisdom point starting at 25. So:

25 Wis, 12 Monk: Vorpal + Slashing property
    26 Wis, 12 Monk: Improved Vorpal + Slashing property
    27 Wis, 15 Monk: Greater Vorpal + Slashing property
    28 Wis, 15 Monk: Sovereign Vorpal + Slashing property

This permits options for players to invest, either through Level Up boosts to Wisdom, or (most likely) needing Tomes from the store to obtain, especially the best forms of Vorpal. Either way, there's choices to be made build wise (better Vorpal or extra level split?, etc), as well as investment wise into DDO for obtaining these improved versions of Vorpal.

But that's just me and my thoughts on it.

Finishing move 3xPos: Yeah it´s pretty strange to fail on a 3x Pos coz of ... hmm ... must be something there we don´t know about. BUT: If i want to finish the 3xPos AND release while jumped up the air, it always works (for me?)and never gets a failure.
    Going over this, I feel that I need to be honest and the example I originally gave was not ideal. Pos, Pos, Pos is often only hampered in live play with "Missed Timing" issues. Because Pos has a 3s coodlown, normally it requires 9s to complete a new Finishing Move chain anyway, so this will work so long as you don't "Missed the Timing". Although I too also use jump to break the animation a little longer and have it more likely work.

However on Lamannia, suffice it to say, as it's the testing server (so I'm not worried about anyone looking over my shoulder and saying I'm cheating or breaking the game), I was able to get the pos, pos, pos chain down a fair bit shorter suffice it to say for testing purposes *cough*. A better example would actually be trying to do "Shining Star" twice in a row, as you can complete the chain in very short order.

And that's when I saw that chaining the same Finishing Move over and over again will always fail.

So I attempted to chain multiple different Finishing Moves together (Shining Star, to Pain Touch, to Blinding Strike, to Tremblind Earth, then back to start again), and lo and behold, it always worked (as the entire sequence takes longer than 6-8s between Shining Star and Trembling Earth). And that was when I found out that if you waited 6-8s before repeating a Finishing Move, the Finishing Move will always trigger (assuming you don't "Miss the Timing" that is).

So from that, it's safe to assume that all the Finishing Moves actually are "spells" on "cooldown" timers. And this is why they fail when you chain up the "same" Finishing Move all the time before 6-8s because they are still on cooldown.

But, my issues is that this was NEVER explained this way, EVER (looking at you Devs). Plus not only do Monks need to invest Ki into using these Finishers, there is also the "Missed Timing" issue, as well as for the Finishing Moves needing to succesfully hit too before these Finishing Moves can work.

Again, I bring up the example of casters and how utterly ridiculous this is for monks (only).

1. Casters being forced to play without their hotbars visible (so like Monks they don't really know when the timer for their spells is up)
    2. Casters not having quicken available (so like Monks they could cast a spell and nothing happens)
    3. Casters forced to go close range (melee/touch spells) only (so like monks they are forced to take risks to get their spell going)
    4. Casters needing to hit something to get their spells to work (for the sake or comparison)

When you look at that, casters going into such close range would need defences, which if their spells don't cover, is needed to be covered via attributes. And it all starts to look REALLY bad for casters. This is the exact same issue for Monks and Finishing Moves.

Please, please, PLEASE, add the cooldown timers of EACH Finishing Move so Monks aren't saddled with another hurdle that is not needed (by not knowing if cooldown is off timer and we can use it).

But additionally, I ask again that the cooldown for each Finishing Move to be REDUCED, from their current 6-8s to 3s. There is already Ki investment needed (which really is only available at cap and at end game), which if you don't have you can't spend willy nilly. And if you do have that much Ki, the cooldown on these Finishing Moves just prevents the point of Finishing Moves. Seriously, how often do you see Finishing Moves being used, during low levels or at cap? I gather nearly never in most cases, because of all the ranged CC casters do, and all the dps that others do. It's far too situational and infrequent to be saddled with a 6-8s cooldown before you can use it again (not to mention not knowing when you last used it and whether it's off timer now to use again). Your Ki should be the limiter to that at low level to prevent continuous spamming, and at high levels it's entirely unnecessary anyway as there is very little to spam it and gain advantage over.

Pos, Pos, Pos takes 9s (normally *cough*), so that's 9s between each Healing Ki, that's not really spamming now is it?
    Earth, Wind, Fire, takes 2-3s for a SINGLE target to be CC'd. Assuming you don't miss, don't "Missed Your Timing", your DC is high enough and of course if Shining Star is off timer.

For Dark Monks or Henshin Mystics, it is possible to cycle through a chain of differing Finishing Moves to use up Ki and do something special. For Light Monks (Pure), you are stuck with Shining Star and Trembling Earth (for casters only, which Stunning Fist works better over), since Gathering Storm (Air), Raging Sea (Water) and Breath of the Fire Dragon (Fire) don't scale well or CC at all.

Anyway, the cooldown reduction is just something I'd like to happen. But the cooldown being displaced I 100% want changed to show, again, no one else is given so many hoops and hurdles to dodge, duck, dip, dive and dodge over before they can get something to happen.

J1NG
    Last edited by J1NG; 07-11-2018 at 08:50 AM. Reason: spelling
    Thelanis: Yijing (*Completionist* TR 19 36 Point Warforged Monk Level 20 / Epic Level 10)
    Invisible Fences, unkillable Target Practice Dummy's, Shared Bank's, Pale Lavender Ioun Stones, the dimensional barrier between Eberron and Shavarath, I've broken them all...

Community Member

What I don't see on your list is various beneficial bugs that monks have. Why not fix those as well?

Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    What I don't see on your list is various beneficial bugs that monks have. Why not fix those as well?
    Do list them out.

J1NG

Performed further testing, this time on live servers, when there are less people on. And can confirm that the "cooldown" for all Finishing Moves are at 6s intervals.

I placed 6-8s on previously in this thread because on Lamannia there was a unusual lag in the Dojo, so it was impossible for me to say whether it was 6 seconds or anything up to 8 seconds before the cooldown is up.

So again, I'd like to ask why was this very important piece of information regarding Monk play left out for so long? I've been here since Lamannia 09 and in all that time. No one ever made mention of cooldowns for the Finishing Moves and I'm fairly certain we all just took it as gospel that it's all part of the "Missed Your Timing" thing and to just use any Finishing Moves you have "slowly".

From this information, again, I would like to request that
    A. The cooldowns of each individual Finishing Move be made visiable.
    B. The cooldown for these Finishing Moves be reduced or removed entirely from their current 6s refresh.

For those who are unaware (as this information wasn't known, I'm fairly certain that's nearly all you; minus the ones who can see the code, and the ones who have done extended testing themselves), Finishing Moves work as follows:

What we've all been thinking
    1. Have Ki
    2. Strike - First part of Finishing Move
    3. Strike - Second part of Finishing Move
    4. Strike - Final part of Finishing Move
    5. Finishing Move becomes active according to Strike used in 2 to 4 (Elemental, Path or Void Strike)
    6. Execute Finishing Move
    7. Repeating 2 to 6 "too quickly" means "You Missed your Timing" and fail to complete the next (any) Finishing Move. You lose your Ki used up for it and the completed Finishing Move that was ready. - Solution is to do it "slowly" (which even then doesn't always work in actuality)

What really happens
    1. Have Ki
    2. Strike - First part of Finishing Move
    3. Strike - Second part of Finishing Move
    4. Strike - Final part of Finishing Move
    5. Finishing Move becomes active according to Strike used in 2 to 4 (Elemental, Path or Void Strike)
    6. Execute Finishing Move
    7. Possibility of "You Missed Your Timing" during 6.
    8. Finishing Move from 6, goes on a 6s timer. During this time, repeating 2 to 6 to produce the SAME Finishing Move in 6 (Shining Star a second time, or Trembling Earth a second time for example), no matter how quickly or slowly, will simply do nothing as it is not off timer yet. It won't even "You Missed Your Timing" properly. It simply fails and your Monk goes back into a ready position doing nothing. So you lose dps too, besides the Ki used up to form the Finishing Move, and the Finishing Move itself. It will work fine after 6s, so things like Healing Ki (because there is only 1 Positive Strike, and its 3s cooldown mean it has a minimum of 9s before each Finishing Move use) really only suffer from "You Missed Your Timing".
    9. You can however execute DIFFERENT Finishing Moves one after the other, with no waiting time in between (unless "You Missed Your Timing"), as they all go on individual 6s cooldowns after execution. So Shining Star, Trembling Earth, Pain Touch, Breath of the Fire Dragon can be used before you restart at Shining Star again, assuming the entire series of Finishig Moves utilises 6s from start to end.

So during that entire chain of events, you could fail to execute your Finishing Move because of:
    1. Insufficient Ki
    2. You Missed Your Timing
    3. Finishing Move is still on Cooldown

I know that the description of Monk says it's Advanced/Challenging play for advanced players (looking for a challenge) only. But this is nothing more than an artificial limitation that is uncalled for. Again, I compare this to all the casters. They could easily turn off their cooldown visibility, but they still have a visual cue when the spell/ability is available for use again. So it's really more like the player turning off all the UI instead (alt + z) and then just spamming the buttons associated with their abilities and hoping something happens, it might be fine on lower levels, but you will simply die a lot in medium level content, much less higher level content. It is neither fun, nor truly challenging (which supposedly the Monk is for players to play). Why is there three separate failure chances involved for Finishing Moves? Two if we are to talk about execution exclusively.

During execution, Missed Your Timing is bad enough, since there's no solid information on when it happens (yet). Insufficient Ki, everyone knows, they need to get into combat to get it going. But when is that Finishing Move timer off so you can use it? Dunno, just don't do it "too quickly". Slow it down so it can work (mostly, it won't if it's the same Finishing Move).

Oftentimes, that extra 1-2s waiting to ensure that you can execute an ability, can be everything in a well planned run, or even in a dire situation where you find yourself needing to know what you can do at that time. You don't have Intimidate "maybe" working because it was too soon since your last intimidate now do you? Actually scratch that, you used to have that a long time ago. I nearly forgot about that. In any event, it's the same thing here, Finishing Moves need to be brought up to date, and the 6s cooldown on each Finishing Move ability is 100% silly and stupid, because they are only worthwhile on trash enemies in the first place (as Bosses are immune). And you placed this limitation on the one class that cycles through attacks quickly and more often than not don't have the time to keep track of 6s Finisher Move timer (of so many Finisher Moves, and so many buttons too).

Please have the Finishing Move cooldowns be made visible. This is a bare minimal change that is needed for a completely unfair mechanic that was placed as an artificial challenge in place of a real challenge (for the "advanced" Monk class), and was never even properly explained (which doesn't make it the challenging part by itself through not having it explained). Personally, I'd request for more Finishing Moves that make Finshing Moves worthwhile in more situations (Boss Fights, Buffs, etc, besides Trash Fights) besides the cooldown from 6s to 3s, as the current Finishing Moves are woefully lacking for anything other than trash or buffs, and even then too many are far too situational.

To limit them as they are now, you may as well remove them, as the difference to most Monk players play and contribution to a party would be zero in nearly all cases.

Change is needed.

J1NG

Quote Originally Posted by J1NG View Post
    You are unable to execute another Healing Ki (Finisher) until 6-8 seconds after the first one.
    Each finisher has a 6-second cooldown before it can be used again. If you are using the "Finishing Move" button as a universal finisher hotkey, you won't see this cooldown. Placing each individual finisher from the dropdown menu instead of the Finishing Move button will display the timers for every single finisher that you have recently used.
    Uber Completionist ~ Symbiiont-1 ~ R10-Optimal Shintao Monk
    Old Baba's Hut - Solo «•» Curse of Strahd - Solo «•» R1 Curse of Strahd - Two Man «•» Killing Time - Two Man
    YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/Symbiont

Quote Originally Posted by Symbiont View Post
    Each finisher has a 6-second cooldown before it can be used again. If you are using the "Finishing Move" button as a universal finisher hotkey, you won't see this cooldown. Placing each individual finisher from the dropdown menu instead of the Finishing Move button will display the timers for every single finisher that you have recently used.
    Thanks, now THAT is information that should be more readily available and more obvious. Near 10 years as Monk player and only learning that way now.

I'm still going to rattle on about how long Ki Shout was broken and not fixed, as well as lack of Finishing Moves, and the need for Finishing Moves needing to be 3s however if more aren't added.

J1NG

OK, some other issues I've just discovered when looking at this more, thanks to Symbiont for the info about dragging the icons from the Feats section.

1. If you execute a Path Finisher Move (Light or Dark Finisher Move with any of the Elements or Void Strikes), it will place the corresponding OTHER Path Finisher on Cooldown as well. eg. You execute Pain Touch (Dark Earth Finisher), you will automatically place Grasp the Earth Dragon (Light Earth Finisher) on cooldown. REALLY devs? Is the finisher so overpowered that you need to place BOTH on cooldown?

2. Shining Star does not have its own Icon, meaning you will never know when this particular cooldown is off timer. 100% pure guesswork.

3. You need 2 Hotbars worth of space for a Henshin Mystic to place all the Finisher Move icons to display. And keeping track of all of them is actually much harder than realised. Looking at the Finisher Icon itself (the red fists) is much better. I would still recommend having this show the cooldown if possible, as scanning over a mass of hotbars (or even MORE hotbars in the case of a Henshin Mystic with both paths and Void strike available), is just downright silly. Especially since you need to see the Finisher Move Icon to see if you actually got it setup properly in the first place.

The solution I would say is to leave them on individual cooldowns, separate the joined cooldowns (from different paths) and reduce the cooldown as well. Again, all the Finisher Moves are only functional against trash mobs, so it's not even like they are valuable or usable against boss or raid enemy units. Although I would like to see Finisher Moves that are suitable for use on Boss/Raid enemy units too.

J1NG

Community Member

While I enjoy the monk, it feels "clunky", a monks moves should flow from one into the other without the need for cooldowns, similar to how combat is with the Warden in Lotro. Yes, I know, 2 different games, however it works well and you are able to chain certain effects together. At the very least make the cooldowns 1 sec.

Quote Originally Posted by J1NG View Post
    Dunno what to classify the next one, as it's a bit of a multi-case bug/issue:
    Finishing Moves on monks. I'd like to ask the Devs what the exact internal cooldown is for this for each Finisher. It appears to be in the region of 6-8 seconds from testing. BUT, that internal cooldown is only applicable if you are using the same finisher move as the one used now just before that 6-8s is up.

Rough test went as follows:

Positive, Positive, Positive, Healing Ki (Finisher) fires. Then Positive, Positive, Positive, Healing Ki (Finisher) fizzles. You are unable to execute another Healing Ki (Finisher) until 6-8 seconds after the first one. Suggesting that it actually has an internal "cooldown". Or casting "cooldown".

But, Positive, Positive, Positive, Healing Ki (Finisher) fires, then Earth, Wind, Fire, Shining Star (Finisher) fires, then Earth, Dark, Earth, Pain Touch (Finisher) fires, then Positive, Positive, Positive, Healing Ki (Finisher) fires (as the cooldown betwen first and second Healing Ki is more than 6-8s and cycling through that many other Finishing Moves takes longer than 6-8s to execute "safely").

Monk Finishing moves already suffer from "Missed Timing" (trying to execute the Finishing Move too quickly after completing the Finisher Move sequence, which is a common occurance in fast paced combat at higher difficulties), now in truth you have cooldowns we can't even see when they are off and it will just "disappear" when we try to gauge and then mistime the Finishing Move (which is nothing more than another unnecessary hurdle). It's like all the casters playing with their hotbars and timers turned off, their effectiveness goes down immensely as they are guessing what they can do next rather than plan towards their next move. Except, casters with quicken on don't even have a "Missed Chance" or "Spell Failure" in their case.

Would it be possible to please have these cooldowns displayable? And/Or have these cooldowns reduced? It appears silly to have cooldowns on things that already have "Missed Timing" associated with it by executing it too quickly. It's just another chance at failure added on to a long chain of "it could not work" for Monks; Complete Finishing Move Chain, Time it Safely, Have enough Ki, Land your To-Hit, Hope your Finishing Move was off timer, hope target fails save. We don't have the same limitations for other classes, so why should the Monk be hampered with so many?

I personally favor having the the cooldown reduced to 3s.

In addition to this or as an alternative (especially if you must insist on that 6-8s cooldown on each Finisher), please create more Finishers so players are not reliant one type of Finisher Move in combat situations.

J1NG
    I'm sure you know the most efficient way to use finishers is to use the Finishing Moves red square on the hotbar and simply perform the correct combo before you hit the finisher key. Before I learned this myself I used every individual finisher on a hotbar, as daunting as it sounds. I don't even remember what that looked like back then but I do remember that each individual finisher can be dragged out onto a hotbar, and are simply grayed out unless the correct sequence has been performed. They may also display these cooldowns on the hotbar, but I can't be sure as it was in the Long-Long-Ago, Before-The-Before-Time, under That-Weird-Mystical-Enhancement-System before the one we have now came into effect.