Community Member Blaze-Of-Glory's Avatar

Default Stealer of Souls Flagging

Please change the flagging mechanism for this quest like you did for litany - its just annoying at the moment - not fun running wilderness over and over till you get lucky with gems
    And while you are at it please add a couple of augment slots to the armours so people might actually want them again

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze-Of-Glory View Post
    Please change the flagging mechanism for this quest like you did for litany - its just annoying at the moment - not fun running wilderness over and over till you get lucky with gems
    And while you are at it please add a couple of augment slots to the armours so people might actually want them again
    The items do drop in the quests too, but i agree, making content this old more acceseble would help.
    As for a heroic loot revamp, geather started it years ago and now they have seemed to pick it up again, red fensfebs and sharn syndicate and the upcomming carnavale changes, so who knows, they might do this one too.
    Keep in mind though that stat wise, canith crafting seems better and easier to get, droprates in the carnaval pack user to be notourious.

You want them to make it like Litany? Why?

The Litany change doesn't work. You cannot flag for Abbot using the permanent Litany seal.
    I am the 'Who' In the call "Who's there!?"
    I am the wind blowing through your hair.
    I am the shadow on the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright.

Community Member

I like this quest and I love the armors. But I skip this quest almost every single life due to flagging. Change flagging to either perma-flag, or just completing the other 3 quests.

P.S. And yeah, add some aug slots to the armors. Please and thank you.

Edit: What I would REALLY love is if they just let us put 2 of each rune into the armors (2 eldritch, 2 tempest, and 2 sovereign)
    Stratis on Khyber

Want to know my build?
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...il-of-the-Bard

It's been a long time since I saw an LFM for this. Years? A change to make flagging simple would be nice. Updating the augments would be even nicer.
    Ghallanda: Save the newbie, save the world.

I would love to run this quest. It sounds interesting and I like the other reaver's refuge quests. But whenever I feel like running it I remember that I have to go through some archaic endgame-esc flagging ritual so that I can work towards endgame-grinding loot which is severely outdated/understatted and there seems to be warnings against running the quest solo so I'd have to find someone else who's also gone through an archaic flagging ritual to do this quest with.

And unlike essentially every other quest I can't guarantee that I would be successful completing the quest; since I've never ran it I don't know what I'd be up against.

Which means it remains the only quest in the game that I have never run; and I don't see that changing unless they change the flagging for it; and/or the loot.

Note to Devs: I would be totally fine with the current flagging for it; it's cool and interesting for a quest that players would actively seek out to run for endgame gear. But it's no longer endgame gear or even useful gear, so loosen up those flagging requirements. This also goes with all other endgame grinds/systems. By all means; make it hard to get the gear on release; then after a couple years go back and loosen up the requirements and reduce the grind.
    Last edited by Selvera; 07-16-2018 at 01:40 PM.
    Selvera: Warforged Monk 12/ Fighter 8/ Epic 4; Centered Kensai
    Jen: Elf Cleric 12; Frost Archer
    Mayve: Drow Fvs 15/ Monk 5/Epic 10; Ninja Healer

Quote Originally Posted by Selvera View Post
    I would love to run this quest. It sounds interesting and I like the other reaver's refuge quests. But whenever I feel like running it I remember that I have to go through some archaic endgame-esc flagging ritual so that I can work towards endgame-grinding loot which is severely outdated/understatted and there seems to be warnings against running the quest solo so I'd have to find someone else who's also gone through an archaic flagging ritual to do this quest with.

And unlike essentially every other quest I can't guarantee that I would be successful completing the quest; since I've never ran it I don't know what I'd be up against.

<snip>
    I have soloed both the quest and Sorjek optional couple of times, so it is very much possible to do with mediocre toon. I wouldn't try it elite at level or even hard for that matter.
    The hardest part of the quest is series of air jets in ice part. Those can be timed: start running into them while the graphics is still displaying blast, time your movement by sound only. (Air jets could be turned off by a friend running below, but that might not be easy either.) Not all jets are air, some are cold, and that only does damage.

I like the pack a lot, and would like to see higher numbers on those armors and Toothpick.