Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28
  1. #1
    Community Member Syrovi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    44

    Default Crafting; The most usefull items you have crafted? And items you always craft

    Hi
    What are you all crafting?
    Over time I have found 1 specific Item I found VERY useful, and some others that I felt every character class needs to have - which I call a
    "Universal Set"

    To me the most useful Item I have crafted is a ring.
    It had 2 augment slots.
    I made a ring with featherfall and underwater action, and then slotted the voice of the master augment on there.
    From Level 5 onwards I never take it off until I re-incarnate.

    With trial and error I have these items that I have made sets of at levels 3,6,9,12,15,and 18 - still working on going the rest of the way to 30.
    I know it's a lot of sets, but I wanted to have the gear upgraded every time a stat increase occurred. I know that the stats on these items increase at different levels.
    For example, Evocation (not part of my universal set) increases every 4th level I believe.
    A cheaper approach would be to create a set every 4 levels.
    But I personally have found that after 3 levels, you really need that upgrade in gear. I can feel the character starting to be less effective.

    I also have not yet filled all the extra cannith slots from level 12 onwards.

    So here is my "Universal Set"

    Bracers with Resitance and Fortification. I added Sheltering from level 12
    Belt with Constitution and False Life
    Trinket with Protection and Heal
    Ring with Featherfall and Underwater action
    Boots with Dexterity and Strength (Not all character classes needs this, though)
    Armor/Robes with Vitality and Healing Amplification. I added parrying from level 12

    Anyone else found an item they always craft - no matter what class you are playing?
    Thelanis:- Pagodin D'Syrovi

    The mighty oak started as a lone nut who stood his ground

  2. #2
    Community Member simo0208's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Minnesota, USA
    Posts
    1,029

    Default

    ML 1 persuasion goggles of true seeing with a master's gift augment.

  3. #3
    Community Member Erofen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simo0208 View Post
    ML 1 persuasion goggles of true seeing with a master's gift augment.
    you can craft true seeing at level 1? O.o
    Orien: ~Erofen (30 Assassin Rogue) ~Erofenlock (30 EB Warlock) ~Erofenmonk (30 Light Monk) ~Erofentrap (30 Roguerficer (1st TR/Legend Build ever)) ~Erofenbarb (30 Barb) ~Erofenbless (30 FvS Chest Blesser) ~Erofenthree (30 Bard Dualbox) ~Erofenten (26 Barb Triplebox)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Um, I'm almost afraid to ask, but exactly just what is 'sneak humping'? Kex! Stop It! O.o

  4. #4
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    444

    Default

    For me rogue gear - two items at level 6,10 and 20 - search/ins. search, disable / ins. disable, OL, ins. OL. (no insight at 6, just trinket search/disable).

    Covers all the rogue needs on any build I've done so far, used to have a bunch of items at different levels.

    Of course, the whole gear sets are nice also, but mostly I fill in around slavers, and have a set at 20.

  5. #5
    Community Member C-Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Lacalifusa
    Posts
    3,508

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Syrovi View Post
    ...a ring.
    It had 2 augment slots.
    I made a ring with featherfall and underwater action, and then slotted the voice of the master augment on there.
    From Level 5 onwards I never take it off until I re-incarnate.
    2 slots is not something most can enjoy - grats!

    I make a similar swap ring at ML 5 w/ just UW Action and Swim +7. Any swim before that seems too easy, and unless I'm swimming Crucible or something similar, there's no real need for speed, so +7 is already some tasty gravy.

    (@ all new crafters - Btw - Both the UW and Swim shards can be made by any alt at Crafting Level 0, so it's then just a matter of how much you want to grind up a new crafter to improve ML 1 to whatever. ML 1 would be Swim +3.)

    Quote Originally Posted by Erofen View Post
    you can craft true seeing at level 1? O.o
    Yes and no. (Your question is unclear.)

    True Seeing requires Crafting Level 250 (for bound, 400 for unbound).

    However, you can then apply that non-scaling shard to a ML 1 item. Truth.

  6. #6
    Community Member AbyssalMage's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,132

    Default

    Currently 10, 15, 20, 25, and 30*

    Currently (revision 1.7)
    Goggles - Wisdom/Deadly w/Ins. Seeker (Blindness Immunity Aug)
    Gloves - Strength (or Dexterity, dependent on build)/Healing Amp (Fear Immunity Aug)
    Belt - Constitution/False Life w/Insightful Strength (Currently, only the level 30 has the Strength on it which is causing problems at the lower levels )
    Ring - Wizardry/PRR w/Insightful PRR (+2 Good Luck Aug) (epic only)

    *- I'll be doing another revamp soon(TM). Trying to fit in Intelligence for KtA (most likely back slot) and Charisma (which I have no clue, probably Trinket swap, for UMD)
    Quote Originally Posted by hp1055cm View Post
    They have been tweaking the game since I started and often I disagree with them. They focus on wrong stuff, over or under compensate and abandon too much stuff. Every once in awhile they get something right, if only temporarily.

  7. #7
    Community Member Annex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,953

    Default

    I have one set of ML10, three sets of ML15, and five sets of ML20 Cannith Crafted equipment. Additional Rings and Tiaras supplement at ML24 and ML30. The exact composition varies depending on the character in question but all sets involve a great deal of standardization. All sets include Cannith Challenge equipment and most include an Event item or two. All characters slot Blindness Immunity, Deathblock, Fear Immunity, Heavy Fortification, and Water Breathing at all times. With the exception of my Rogue Assassins, all characters slot Feather Fall at all times. I am working on acquiring Master's Gift augments for every set. Keeping every augments slotted at all times precludes accidents. No one piece stands out. Each set was very carefully planned. Then I messed up anyway, collected a bunch more ingredients, and fixed all my idiotic mistakes. *le sigh*
    Sophie the Cat Burglar - Creator, Dreamer, Explorer - Happy yet Sad - Seeker of Beauty and Wonder
    I wish you all many happy adventures! Good bye!

  8. #8
    Community Member Dragavon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Syrovi View Post
    Hi
    What are you all crafting?
    Over time I have found 1 specific Item I found VERY useful, and some others that I felt every character class needs to have - which I call a
    "Universal Set"

    To me the most useful Item I have crafted is a ring.
    It had 2 augment slots.
    I made a ring with featherfall and underwater action, and then slotted the voice of the master augment on there.
    From Level 5 onwards I never take it off until I re-incarnate.

    With trial and error I have these items that I have made sets of at levels 3,6,9,12,15,and 18 - still working on going the rest of the way to 30.
    I know it's a lot of sets, but I wanted to have the gear upgraded every time a stat increase occurred. I know that the stats on these items increase at different levels.
    For example, Evocation (not part of my universal set) increases every 4th level I believe.
    A cheaper approach would be to create a set every 4 levels.
    But I personally have found that after 3 levels, you really need that upgrade in gear. I can feel the character starting to be less effective.

    I also have not yet filled all the extra cannith slots from level 12 onwards.

    So here is my "Universal Set"

    Bracers with Resitance and Fortification. I added Sheltering from level 12
    Belt with Constitution and False Life
    Trinket with Protection and Heal
    Ring with Featherfall and Underwater action
    Boots with Dexterity and Strength (Not all character classes needs this, though)
    Armor/Robes with Vitality and Healing Amplification. I added parrying from level 12

    Anyone else found an item they always craft - no matter what class you are playing?
    I would never ever wear an item with feather fall and underwater action all the time. For me both abilities are something I swap in when I want them.

    I do not see that you have striding, True seeing, fear immunity or blindness immunity?

  9. #9
    Community Member Bacab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    3,499

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragavon View Post
    I would never ever wear an item with feather fall and underwater action all the time. For me both abilities are something I swap in when I want them.

    I do not see that you have striding, True seeing, fear immunity or blindness immunity?
    A lot of chronic TR'ers use that Quiver From the Abbot raid for Min level 1 30% striding.

    I am at 249 Crafting...I did not know that True Seeing could be at level 1.
    "Hireling" and "Hjealer"
    Member of THACO on Ghallanda

  10. #10
    Community Member Dragavon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bacab View Post
    I am at 249 Crafting...I did not know that True Seeing could be at level 1.
    I have not tried all of them, as some are not useful to me. But as I understand it all non-scaling shards can be put on level 1 items. Except if any of them only goes in the extra slot you get on minimum level 10 items.

  11. #11
    Community Member xveganrox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    588

    Default

    Only a few that are close to universal: persuasion/true seeing Goggles with Master’s Gift is always nice. 1-6 seems mostly pointless because of stuff like vorpals/robe of duality/carnifex, and it’s really quick anyway, and SL at 7 beats CC for a few levels (or like 10 for casters). And with RL gear? I’ve got way less CC items now than I used to. Although I do have a set of ML15 Wizardry/Healing Amp/Insightful Devotion gloves with Deathblock and Master’s Gift slotted, which are nice for iconics — less so for Bladeforged, but hey, every race/class combo likes some extra spell points and experience points, and it’s not like there’s a lot going on for gloves from 15 to like 27.

    Oh, and I still hung on to one of my old Life Shield Mithral full plate of Invulnerability with the ML shard. Those things used to be the bomb... 6.5 effective DR & the best AC blank in the game if you dumped Dex! Of course that was back when you didn’t have 180hp at level one and mobs in Haverdasher couldn’t chit for 400

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragavon View Post
    I would never ever wear an item with feather fall and underwater action all the time. For me both abilities are something I swap in when I want them.

    I do not see that you have striding, True seeing, fear immunity or blindness immunity?
    If you’re crafting Striding you’re going to be slower than people in Korthos boots until about level 16... And fear immunity is ML8 while GH is ML9... I think you’d be better off with Underwater Action
    Last edited by xveganrox; 07-07-2018 at 06:00 AM.

  12. #12
    Community Member kmoustakas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    2,353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simo0208 View Post
    ML 1 persuasion goggles of true seeing with a master's gift augment.
    I made mine underwater action of true seeing but I have to agree, underwater action is not necessary to be on all the time. I am now thinking between blindness immunity or persuation, with the latter being more probable.
    Social Justice W...arlock (5e toon)
    OkarisRage, big fat purple wolf (because no need to be a bear with the new epic defensive fighting feat-getting past lives of druid and pdk so my artificer is better <3)

  13. #13
    Community Member Dragavon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xveganrox View Post
    And fear immunity is ML8 while GH is ML9... I think you’d be better off with Underwater Action
    Haha, I've just checked and see that I cannot craft fear immunity at all, so you are right, it is first available at level 8 as an augment That is how I have it on my gear.

    That GH is available at 9 does not really mean fear immunity is not needed, GH can and will be dispelled frequently.

  14. #14
    Staggering LightBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Letters of Lingo
    Posts
    3,328

    Default

    I bought a quarterstaff from the ddo store, crafted something around it so its of good use in the levels 5 to 10.
    Mainly aimed against undead skeletons and since its a quarterstaff any class can use it, excepts maybe druids?

  15. #15
    Community Member glmfw1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragavon View Post
    I would never ever wear an item with feather fall and underwater action all the time. For me both abilities are something I swap in when I want them.

    I do not see that you have striding, True seeing, fear immunity or blindness immunity?
    At higher levels, I have Underwater Action and Feather Fall equipped all the time (except when swapped out for something else) - I like to be prepared. I use them in augment slots though, when they aren't provided by Named Items.
    True Seeing is nice, but a lot of the time, you can swap it in when needed if you know the quests (accidental drowning and splatting are deadly, accidental not seeing a secret door less so) - I generally alternate True Seeing Goggles with my combat goggles (Seeker/Deadly) and use augments for the immunities. If I'm struggling to hit/target invisible or displaced creatures I can always swap the true seeing back in.

    Other than getting around faster, is there a specific benefit to Striding? Does it provide tangible benefits other than making the quest a little bit shorter? I've always seen it as a QoL nice-to-have, rather than a necessity, but maybe I'm missing something.
    Bettayne Brah'dukcc, Cleric of Lathander
    Today is the first day of the rest of your life

    For DDO Queries, check out ddowiki.com; New to the game? Head to the Newbie Guide

  16. #16
    Community Member glmfw1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Syrovi View Post
    Hi

    So here is my "Universal Set"

    Bracers with Resitance and Fortification. I added Sheltering from level 12
    Belt with Constitution and False Life
    Trinket with Protection and Heal
    Ring with Featherfall and Underwater action
    Boots with Dexterity and Strength (Not all character classes needs this, though)
    Armor/Robes with Vitality and Healing Amplification. I added parrying from level 12
    I like that set as a generic base to work from.
    The item I have most versions of is my "Hardy Necklace of Natural Armour" with Insightful Con. I've used it on a few different builds now (and created more to fill in gaps in progression) and generally found it fits in well with the mix of named items that I have.
    Bettayne Brah'dukcc, Cleric of Lathander
    Today is the first day of the rest of your life

    For DDO Queries, check out ddowiki.com; New to the game? Head to the Newbie Guide

  17. #17
    Community Member Annex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,953

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by glmfw1 View Post
    Other than getting around faster, is there a specific benefit to Striding? Does it provide tangible benefits other than making the quest a little bit shorter? I've always seen it as a QoL nice-to-have, rather than a necessity, but maybe I'm missing something.
    Striding allows your character to move more quickly in combat, in turn allowing you to flank, orbit, jump behind, sidestep, sneak, and run away from enemies as needed. You can also Jump/Feather Fall further with higher Striding. To be clear, it does not increase attack speed, only foot speed. The Quiver of Alacrity (upgraded) is the Gold Standard for Striding but hard to get for most players. Anger's Step provides a second best alternative. At low levels I use Anger's Step supplemented with a Striding augment just in case Expeditious Retreat gets dispelled.

    Random loot boots often come with Speed. If really lucky, you can find something like Strength of Speed of Insightful Whatever with an Augment Slot. I also keep some old Bracers of Speed around for more options.

    Edit: The coming update will include this item:

    Steelweave Shinguards Feet Slot
    Minimum Level: 6/21
    • Striding 25%/Movement Speed 30%, Attack Speed 15%
    • Dodge +4%/+10%
    • Electricity Absorption +17/+28
    • Electric Resistance +15/+38
    • Green Augment Slot

    The ML6 version will probably get a lot of use by players.
    Last edited by Annex; 07-07-2018 at 08:26 AM.
    Sophie the Cat Burglar - Creator, Dreamer, Explorer - Happy yet Sad - Seeker of Beauty and Wonder
    I wish you all many happy adventures! Good bye!

  18. #18
    Community Member glmfw1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Annex View Post
    Striding allows your character to move more quickly in combat, in turn allowing you to flank, orbit, jump behind, sidestep, sneak, and run away from enemies as needed. You can also Jump/Feather Fall further with higher Striding. To be clear, it does not increase attack speed, only foot speed. The Quiver of Alacrity (upgraded) is the Gold Standard for Striding but hard to get for most players. Anger's Step provides a second best alternative. At low levels I use Anger's Step supplemented with a Striding augment just in case Expeditious Retreat gets dispelled.

    Random loot boots often come with Speed. If really lucky, you can find something like Strength of Speed of Insightful Whatever with an Augment Slot. I also keep some old Bracers of Speed around for more options.
    Thanks
    I normally have Striding slotted somewhere (although Speed is always a preference for exactly the reasons you say), but mainly for getting from place to place more quickly. I hadn't really thought of the jump/FF benefits, let alone the active combat movement, even though I've been benefitting from them!
    Bettayne Brah'dukcc, Cleric of Lathander
    Today is the first day of the rest of your life

    For DDO Queries, check out ddowiki.com; New to the game? Head to the Newbie Guide

  19. #19
    Community Member simo0208's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Minnesota, USA
    Posts
    1,029

    Default

    I run mostly naked from 1-3. I use the ML 1 persuasion goggles of true seeing with master’s gift. I have a few other items at those low levels. I know I have furor’s cloak and the korthos bracers that give DR piercing. Feather fall is somehwere too (a ring). But I couldn’t care less.

    At 4 I have a full CC set. I wear that to 8

    At 8, slavers gear. 10 items. On a melee, I use a might and endurance set. On a caster it’s soecery and endurance. It requires 4 named items and 6 crafted. I wear all of this to 21.

    I swap out the goggles at 11 for GS hp goggles. I wear these to 29.

    I use level 5 chrono gloves at 5-10. At 11th, I add spectral gloves. I wear these to 21.

    At 21, I use a full set of CC gear that I wear until 28 plus cloak of night and indomitable wraps. At 28 pieces start coming off. At 29, the remaining gear because named ravenloft stuff.

    That’s my leveling 1-30. I have less than 30 lives left I think to finish triple everything. Slavers stuff can’t be beaten until level 21. Individual gear pieces can beat it, but with set bonuses, it just doesn’t beat it. I’ve tried to replace it at 15 or 16.

  20. #20
    Community Member Fedora1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,024

    Default

    At L1-3 I just use whatever, making sure I have a couple pairs of the korthos boots with striding.

    I use true seeing goggles of persuasion w/ a feather fall augment from L4-9, then swap to a true seeing of persuasion with tendon slice and a feather fall augment at L10. I have shield and invisibility clickies (5 charges) usable from L4 and up. I use a Greater Nimble Trinket from L4 until epics (20% Blur). I never bothered to make a masters gift, so I just wait until L5 and swap in either the trinket or cloak at the end of a quest. Yes, I often forget....

    At L7 I equip 3 sets of the Red Fens gear (Marshwalker/Vulkoors Cunning/Vulkoors Might). I also grab the TOEE Mushroom Cap and keep a couple of Sacred Helms to swap in when beholders start showing up in quests around L8. In addition I have several sets of Flesh Render goggles for the deathward clicky, I usually keep 3-4 in my inventory.

    At L8 I swap to my Slavers Set (necklace/cloak/belt/ring/bracers) and keep the Red Fens Marshwalker set as well.

    After that I usually don't have to swap anything except the headgear, armor, and weapons until epics although there a re a few exceptions depending on class. L14 through early epics is black dragon armor.

    I also tend to run quests juiced up on heroism and haste potions (I solo so I can't count on other party members for buffs).
    Last edited by Fedora1; 07-07-2018 at 10:07 AM.
    Ordinary humans have inhibitions that serve as a buffer against what we know is bad behavior.
    However, some people, by blaming others for their own bad behavior, develop a thought pattern that allows them to override self-control in order to achieve a selfish end.
    - My opinion on exploiters and cheaters blaming SSG for unfair punishment.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload