Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default The DDO Chronicle: Issue 290

Thank you for reading the DDO Chronicle! Don't forget to reply below to the Chronicle Comment for your chance to win 500 DDO Points. We'll select a random winner after Noon Eastern on Thursday, July 12th. Good luck!

Inspiration for current build is to make completing racial reincarnations easier while being able to do high skulled reaper missions to build up reaper points for Epic reaper runs later.

Default Re: What inspired your current character build?

Bastard sword wielding Artificer; inspired by my love for Bastard swords, and the fact they just got a new tree

I think next will be an Iconic Trapper wolf.
    • Zig Zag to avoid arrows, Fireballs, Fireball-tipped arrow, and arrow-tipped Fireballs.
    • That's not lag, it's just DDO trying to become turn-based again.
    • Kobold still hate you.

2014 DDO Players Council

Lathander

Laziness

¯\_(?)_/¯

Default What inspired your current character build?

A really good bowl of chili

Hero, Mo Bro H'ro, & MB Super-H'ro ComicRelief's Avatar

Default Weekly Question

Inspiration? Nothing so grandiose as "inspiration", per se. More like it was closer to a random roll of some dice.
    "...At least it tells us they understand our language; they're just not willing to speak to us in it. -Who knew they were French?"

Haste!

Community Member

aasimar battle cleric - inspired by the "trials of the archons" loading screen with the fighting aasimar

Community Member LucasMacKinnon's Avatar

Aasimar monk because I wanted to be able to heal others and myself while also doing good damage and stunning monsters

The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council

I wanted to TR my bard to get some past lives in, but I still wanted to have a bard, so I TR'd my ranger into a bard since I had another ranger (who used to be a monk. So since my monk was now a ranger, and my ranger was now a bard, I just had to turn my bard into a monk... although she's since moved on from monk).
    "Ignorance killed the cat, sir; curiosity was framed."
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

My character build was inspired by my pen & paper experiences, I use a personal build that recreates my own beliefs and play style for my assassin. I try to make my character as much like his Pen and Paper predecessors as I can within the limitations of DDO. I disable all traps and unlock all locks & I uphold my end of the quest doing all those things I believe a Rogue/Assassin would be able to do. I prefer to stealth a quest as much as possible and to take down enemies with throwing daggers as well as by assassination.
    The goal of an Assassin is to keep their Threat as low as possible while still keeping an aggressive posture. - teachersyn The Order of Syncleticaletica

What inspired your current character build?

Beer
    Top of the Naughty List

Default Inspired build

I am running a 16/4 Cleric Rogue Staff war priest. The idea was to mimic a class from Dark Age of Camelot called the Friar who were known for there martial fighting ability with staves and also able to heal and buff. The cool thing that they added later on was on hit healing similar to ameliorating strike.
    Mix in cleric domains and soon new enhancements, this build is going to be way stronger then when i last ran it pre domains.

My current character build is basically just a build that I thought was fun to try.
    Server: Orien
    Mitu - Wizard (16th life)
    Mitwo - Human Knive fighter (51th life) - Completionist / Epic Completionist
    Swiing - Artificer (10th life) Supherring - Dragonborn Warlock (7th life)

Community Member

What inspired your current character build?

Gameplay.

As per the old saying, gameplay predicts player behaviour.

I love characters that can't get hurt. I don't care if I have bad DPS, no magic, no specials, can't finish the quest in time because of those limits... I just hate dying in a game. I God Mode every time, if available, in single player games.

In Neverwinter Nights, I had a Fighter Rogue which allowed Full Plate and Evasion that works in plate (!). Doesn't work here in DDO. Fine. I went Fighter.

No Rogue hirelings till Epic. (I'd buy with DDO points a PERMANENT Rogue Hireling... but DDO points for 1 Hour then POOF. Nope. Unh. Unh.) Expansion hirelings? Fighters. A low level cleric. But no rogues.

I tried when FTP many variations of Fighter. (Human, Orc, Sword and Board, Two handed, etc...).

Mulched by traps... every... single... time.

FINE.

I'll do what the devs obviously want. Since I can only solo due to poor health, mental illness and being a bad player in general; I'll play a full Rogue, have my permanent Fighter Hirelings as meat shields, and rent a cleric with PP.

Addendum = If ever this happens... THE SECOND... THE SECOND (!)... that Rogue Hirelings are available for plat, I'll TR to a Fighter and never look back. All the above is on Casual btw... Yeah, I'm THAT bad.

Community Member

Group needed a rogue and I wanted to be able to solo when they were not around.

Community Member

A female Fighter that rips things to shreads and barely gets hurt. What is not to like.

Druid life of 3x completionist and going with the new Wolf enhancements.
    Any Port in a storm... But why one with so many vermin?

The fact that I still need a Cleric PL to get a completionist
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast