Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    Default CTIW weapons after reaper

    1. Could those CTIW weapons have mythic, reaper property?

    2. If it could have mythic, reaper property, aren't those properties removed after commendation upgrade?
    “Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness.
    Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness.
    Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate.”
    - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

  2. #2
    Systems Designer
    Lynnabel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    3,174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by draven1 View Post
    1. Could those CTIW weapons have mythic, reaper property?

    2. If it could have mythic, reaper property, aren't those properties removed after commendation upgrade?
    1: Yes, they can. I actually am the proud owner of a Mythic 2 Pinion. I lost a roll once for a mythic Celestia </3

    2: Nope, they won't. The Citw Upgrades (Commendations) are a recipe that adds and removes properties from an existing item, rather than destroying it and giving you a new one. As a good rule of thumb, if the recipe's hover-over contains something like "Effects added" or "effects removed," you're in the clear. I use the phrase "catch and release" to describe some of our crafting - for example, the level 20 seal/scroll/shard stuff. Those effectively destroy the heroic item and hand you the epic version - it's why augments go away (aka are destroyed along with your old version).
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

    "Have you tried preproccing feat directory?"

  3. #3
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,955

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    1: Yes, they can. I actually am the proud owner of a Mythic 2 Pinion. I lost a roll once for a mythic Celestia </3

    2: Nope, they won't. The Citw Upgrades (Commendations) are a recipe that adds and removes properties from an existing item, rather than destroying it and giving you a new one. As a good rule of thumb, if the recipe's hover-over contains something like "Effects added" or "effects removed," you're in the clear. I use the phrase "catch and release" to describe some of our crafting - for example, the level 20 seal/scroll/shard stuff. Those effectively destroy the heroic item and hand you the epic version - it's why augments go away (aka are destroyed along with your old version).
    So the "sweet" mythic 4 envenomed blade I pulled will lose the mythic 4 if I upgrade it?

    If so, wow, that just saved me wasting a ton of time in a quest I can't stand to upgrade it.

  4. #4
    Community Member Selvera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    1,762

    Default

    Yep s/s/s upgrading will remove the mythic/reaper from the item; my mythic 2 reaper 3 envenomed blade is staying heroic.

    Can confirm stuff Lynnabel said in her post: I both own and have upgraded CitW weapons and they keep their mythic.

    Have yet to see a reaper bonus CitW weapon; but for some reason I don't run too many CitW runs on reaper.
    Selvera: Aasimar Fighter 20; Old and wise fighter.
    Jen: Half Elf Fvs 20/Epic 10; Healer Archer with a more supportive build then usual
    Mayve: Drow Bard 14/Wizard 6; Vampire Enchantress

  5. #5
    Community Member Retired_Old_Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Everfull Flagon w/ my Eternal Mug of Mead
    Posts
    7,255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    1: Yes, they can. I actually am the proud owner of a Mythic 2 Pinion.

    2: Nope, they won't. The Citw Upgrades (Commendations) are a recipe that adds and removes properties from an existing item, rather than destroying it and giving you a new one. As a good rule of thumb, if the recipe's hover-over contains something like "Effects added" or "effects removed," you're in the clear. I use the phrase "catch and release" to describe some of our crafting - for example, the level 20 seal/scroll/shard stuff. Those effectively destroy the heroic item and hand you the epic version - it's why augments go away (aka are destroyed along with your old version).

    Loot rolls, so you rolled the correct %tile to get a Mythic bonus. Now my question is on the Mythic 2 bonus and the loot table roll & elixirs.

    Will any of our current elixirs increase that %tile to roll for what level Mythic or Reaper level we get? eg Mythic 2

    Or, is it just the "luck of the draw"

  6. #6
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    497

    Default

    No, and here’s why. The CiTW upgrades do not create a new item; they add bonuses to an already existing item. In old epic crafting the item is destroyed to create a new one, therefore the effect does not persist. However with the commendations the item is not destroyed, same with Slave Lords blanks.
    Afunkymunky/Drkivorkian, Helter Skelter on Ghallanda

    Epic Ring of Spell Storing--https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...+spell+storing

  7. #7
    Community Member xveganrox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    588

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lagin View Post
    Loot rolls, so you rolled the correct %tile to get a Mythic bonus. Now my question is on the Mythic 2 bonus and the loot table roll & elixirs.

    Will any of our current elixirs increase that %tile to roll for what level Mythic or Reaper level we get? eg Mythic 2

    Or, is it just the "luck of the draw"
    I don't know if even the devs know at this point.. supposedly only the daily dice potions would affect that (?)... but tbh I've ran CITW a few times lately and even on elite the mythic +2 is fairly common and the mythic +4 isn't, but it's not unheard of. And most people are only looking for one or two specific things, so they're likely to just give you the +2 versions if you ask (or put them up for roll). Nobody is PUGging CITW for sentient food

  8. #8
    Community Member Dragavon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    3,495

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GramercyRiff View Post
    So the "sweet" mythic 4 envenomed blade I pulled will lose the mythic 4 if I upgrade it?

    If so, wow, that just saved me wasting a ton of time in a quest I can't stand to upgrade it.
    It is not at all hard to find another envenomed blade to make epic, if you really want to keep the lvl 16 version with +4 mythic.

  9. #9
    2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    gamertown usa
    Posts
    7,484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    1: Yes, they can. I actually am the proud owner of a Mythic 2 Pinion. I lost a roll once for a mythic Celestia </3

    2: Nope, they won't. The Citw Upgrades (Commendations) are a recipe that adds and removes properties from an existing item, rather than destroying it and giving you a new one. As a good rule of thumb, if the recipe's hover-over contains something like "Effects added" or "effects removed," you're in the clear. I use the phrase "catch and release" to describe some of our crafting - for example, the level 20 seal/scroll/shard stuff. Those effectively destroy the heroic item and hand you the epic version - it's why augments go away (aka are destroyed along with your old version).
    Do you know what work is being done or planned to phase out catch and release code/items?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload