Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

I wanted to bring this up here, altho' it has been mentioned elsewhere...

The first week of the Summer Sails Sale has started, and includes no adventure packs. I want to make that crystal clear - currently, there are no Adventure Packs on sale.

However, the Sale does offer this...

"35% off the White Plume Mountain Bonus Items"

Be aware - This is NOT the adventure pack, and does not include the adventure pack!

It's not a bad thing, and depending what you are looking for it can be a very good thing - but understand what it is, and what it is not. It is found listed with the adventure packs in the store, but is not one of those. The WPM Adventure Pack is separate, and clearly says "Adventure Pack".

Default July 11-18

Week 2 of the Summer Sails Sale offers...

o Trials of the Archons - 75% off, = 123 DP! (down from regular 495)

TotA offers 3 Level 13 quests, plus Epic and one Epic Raid, asking that you face Good-aligned enemies in addition to the usual. For named loot, it offers what many consider THE best Great Crossbow in the game, Divine Artillery, great anti-undead handwraps, and a Force-based rune arm, among other offerings. LFM's for the quests are hit and miss (as at Level 13, most folk are focused on Gianthold), and for the Level 30 raid are admittedly uncommon.

While not in most players' "Top 10" packs, at that price it's also definitely a good grab if you already have your core buys, and a "must have" for any Great Crossbow users!

24 hour notice for Trial of the Archons for only 123 DP! Save 372 DP!

If you want the bestamestest Great Crossbow in the game (and/or some other named loot), if you want an alternative for Level 13 quests, if you want a Level 30 Raid (Defiler of the Just), if you want another 81 Total Favor, if you just want to fill in your pack collection, grab it now or learn to live with regret.

Community Member

Glad I saved my TP! This week's 20% off sale is pretty deep...it includes (but is not limited to)

- Tangleroot
    - Sorrowdusk
    - STK
    - Delera's
    - Sharn Syndicate
    - Threnal (Ratcatcher!)
    - Restless Isles
    - ToEE
    - Dragonblood
    - Devil's Gambit
    - All 3 Madness
    - Shavarath
    - Archons (if you missed it last week I guess?)
    - Red Fens
    - HHoE

So, I'm currently in my 3rd month of VIP, and made sure to cancel since I already own most adventure packs and expansions except Sharn.

If I want to buy packs this week, could a dev "pause" my account so I can do so, or am I SOL?
    "Why is stuff so hard?" - William Murderface

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Glad I saved my TP! This week's 20% off sale is pretty deep...it includes (but is not limited to)

- Tangleroot
    - Sorrowdusk
    - STK
    - Delera's
    - Sharn Syndicate
    - Threnal (Ratcatcher!)
    - Restless Isles
    - ToEE
    - Dragonblood
    - Devil's Gambit
    - All 3 Madness
    - Shavarath
    - Archons (if you missed it last week I guess?)
    - Red Fens
    - HHoE
    For me the ONLY packs that are not on sale are White Plume Mountain and Disciples of Rage. Everything else is 20% off.
    Granted, there are likely some that I already own which are not on sale.

In addition to your list I have:
    Necro 1
    Catacombs
    Sentinels of Stormreach
    Necro 3
    Necro 2
    Secrets of the Artificers

Edit: Also Druid's Deep, which I just purchased with this sale.
    Last edited by sk8r_dan_man; 07-27-2019 at 12:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LazarusPossum View Post
    So, I'm currently in my 3rd month of VIP, and made sure to cancel since I already own most adventure packs and expansions except Sharn.

If I want to buy packs this week, could a dev "pause" my account so I can do so, or am I SOL?
    Same, I want to buy packs but its just not listed.

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Glad I saved my TP! This week's 20% off sale is pretty deep...it includes (but is not limited to)...
    Thanks for posting, D! I've been incommunicado since Wed PM (literally out at sea beyond cell range), so no chance to drop by here til now.

(@ all - see full list in next post, below...)

Quote Originally Posted by LazarusPossum View Post
    Unfortunately, the latter. A VIP account runs its course until your currently paid time runs out, and I've never heard of a "pause" or "time out" given.

If a VIP wants to take advantage of the an upcoming Sale (next ~scheduled~ big one is late November/black Friday-midwinter), they would need to time it to end before then - sorry. :/

Quote Originally Posted by NemesisAlien View Post
    Same, I want to buy packs but its just not listed.
    Not listed for you (as VIP), I'm assuming? VIP never see any packs listed, since they have access to all packs and the store doesn't offer anything that you already have.*

(* And if anyone wants to comment on that, please do it elsewhere - maybe under "beating a dead horse". Not saying whether I dis/agree, just that it's an old, well-examined topic, and OT for here, thx!)

The only packs not listed at all are newest ones that were not expected to be on sale yet (altho' I had secret hopes for Disciples of Rage). Usually takes at least a year for the new content to go on the auction block, and sometimes much more, depending.

And saying that, let's get on to it...

Thumbs up July 25 - August 1

This is (probably?) the last week of the Summer Sails Sales, and altho' not "deep", it is as broad as any ocean you care to put sail/sale to...

20% off (almost*) all packs!

* The only packs NOT on sale are Challenge Packs and the newest ones, namely...

o (White Plume Mountain)
    o (Disciples of Rage)
    o (Mists of Ravenloft)
    o (Eveningstar Challenge Pack)
    o (Vaults of the Artificers)

(And, of course, Masterminds of Sharn is not yet available for purchase w/ DDO points, much less old enough to be considered for a sale.)

@ new(er) players - I will add this: If(?) you're considering buying the Menace of the Underdark expansion (either of which I can recommend), they may be on deep discount during the end-of-November "Black Friday" or mid-winter holidaze sales. And the better one includes, for free:

• Phiarlan Carnival
    • Attack on Stormreach
    • The Path of Inspiration
    • The Dreaming Dark

Just as a reminder not to buy something you may be getting later for free.

Edit - Oh, and I've mentioned this before, but w/ this sale it's worth copy/pasting - if you're chasing 700 Free Agents favor for the Falconry tree, you need 700 out of a possible 720 total Free Agent Favor. Which means you need access to every pack that has FA favor - and that includes, as mandatory...

• Three Barrel Cove
    • Restless Isles
    • Demon Sands
    • Harbinger of Madness

Just tossing that out there, for those who may be interested.

@ Sales department - As a sidenote, since this is the "pack discount" thread, let me express what I'm guessing many might feel - a mild disappointed that we only had 1 (one) pack go on true "Deep Sale" during all the weeks of these Summer Sales (Trials of the Archons). While that was appreciated, one pack is not wide-reaching, and the current sale is exactly what we had 7 weeks ago, but at a 5% less discount. Tossing just one more pack onto the true "deep discount" heap would have been ample, imo, to fit the spirit of "deep sales" in the adventure pack department.

Not that I'm demanding, not that I'm raging (far from it, the rest of the sale is great!) - and as I always say, there is no guarantee what might/not go on sale, but just letting the powers that be know my (and others?) dashed hopes in the context of this thread and the content offered.

@ all - Adventure packs seem(!) to go On Sale about every 6 weeks or so, so next one might(?) be expected sometime ~around~ the beginning of September. Whenever it does, seeya then!

Default August 22-29

And (almost) as predicted, this week we have "Select Low Level Adventures" on sale, 25% off!

• Tangleroot Gorge - 412 DP (down from 550)
    • Sorrowdusk Isle - 337 DP (down from 450)
    • The Sharn Syndicate - 262 DP (down from 350)
    • Phiarlan Carnival - 337 DP (down from 450)
    • Three-Barrel Cove - 521 DP (down from 695)

I've talked about all of these previously in this thread, so a quick synopsis (just skim back if you want more info)...

o Tangleroot Gorge - Ten quest chain that must be run in-order, Level 3-7 can create a problem (for some players/group) running the whole thing at once. A great clickie that's useful until Level 30. No Reaper mode. LFM's are not common, but occasionally seen.

o Sorrowdusk Isle - Another strict-order chain with ten quests and a wide level range, 6-10. Some okay utility loot. Great House Deneith favor, and great Total Favor for the price (if you're chasing 1750 or 2500 or whatever). LFMs are not common.

o The Sharn Syndicate - Six level 4 quests, Fun and light, good low-level RXP farming. THE best ML 2 named weapons in the game. LFM's are average-common. (And not to be confused w/ the new Masterminds of Sharn expansion, entirely diff.)

o Phiarlan Carnival - 4-quest chain with a couple pieces of great loot. Know that this pack is included "free" w/ the upper-tier edition of Menace of the Underdark. LFM's are uncommon.

o Three-Barrel Cove - If you have the points to spare (and you've already got VoN, GH & VoT), BUY THIS ONE. Hits on all points. LFM's very common, and for good reason.

As always, haff fun stohmin' da cassul!
    o/

Ty for updating this.

It's so silly that they stopped mentioning what specifically was on sale, and instead expect us to log in to DDO and use their clunky store interface to find out.

Not that the sales have been great in recent times...

i def feel the same way, which is why I started this. And thanks!

The sales are the sales - they're only "deep" a couple predictable times/year and maybe one or two surprise exceptions, and that's to be expected.

Last day for the current sales - and if you're on the fence, here's the link to my original (full) summary of each:
    o https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post6085082

Now, a note on looking toward the future...

The next BIG sale (that we can predict*) will be at the end of November, immediately following the US's "Thanksgiving" holiday, aka Black Friday Sales (and Black Monday, the online/cyber version). That holiday's always on a Thursday, so this year those DDO sales will start on Thursday November 28 (thru Monday Dec 1???). That seems like a looong way away, but if you want to have the points then, now's the time to start thinking about it, so you have a fat stack when it comes around. Adventure packs go on sale about every 5-6 weeks, so, as a guess(!), that's one in early September, one in early-mid October, maybe(?!) one more in mid(/late?) November, then Black Friday.

(* Rarely, but maybe once or twice per year, there is a surprise of an adventure pack on deep discount, just outa the blue. Ya never know. )

No telling what will go on sale, usually/hopefully a wide spectrum of different types of items that will appeal to a broad audience, "something for everyone" (hint! hint! 0: ) ). But if one or more Adventure Packs do go on sale, I would not be surprised to see them 50% off (or more!), and sometimes one (or more?) of the big ones, so have the points to grab them if/when they do!

Note also that, in the past, the Epic-level expansion packs Menace of the Underdark and Shadowfell Conspiracy* have been seen to do on deep sale then or mid-winter, but that's (a little) RL money. Mow a couple lawns, wash a couple cars, brown-bag your lunch a couple days, something so you have $8-30 to get these when they come around, and join the Epic fun.

(* see that full discussion here)

Default Sep 26-Oct 3 - FREE QUEST PACK!

Well, it's past time we'd expect* for a sale on adventure packs, and we don't have one... but the good news is that we do have one pack FOR FREE!

(* historically the pattern has been ~about~ every 5-6 weeks or so - but that's hardly a rule. <shrug>)

10 years ago DDO went rogue and pioneered the Free-to-Play MMO model, and they are still recognized for setting that bar, and all others since have followed in their steps. In celebration of all that, DDO is offering, for free, the first adventure pack added after the F2P model went live...

o The Path of Inspiration - FREE!* (down 100% from 350 DP)

(* How to redeem a code: In game (either from the character selection screen ("Buy Account Upgrades") or from an individual character (using Ctrl + s)), open the DDO Store. In the header, select "Redeem Code", and copy/paste PATHTO10 into that slot. Hit "Apply", and it's yours - free!)

And for my part, altho' I shouldn't have to "sell" you on a quest pack that's free, what I will do is do a write up of the pack anyway, so you can get a feel for what I think of packs vs. how the pack appears to you.

o The Path of Inspiration - FREE! (code = PATHTO10 )

Path of Inspiration (aka "IQ", for "Inspired Quarter") consists of five Level 18 quests centered around our friend Jeets, who's dreams are being used to invade Stormreach by a coalition of mindflayers and beholders. The quests are not long, and are quite varied and creative, so are great fun. This is an older pack, so current builds may find the difficulty a bit less than typical, which also means that solo-ing is pretty easy. Named loot has a strange mechanic that requires repeated runs (to gather the essences/discs to open the optional chest which holds the named loot), and today these ML 18 items are mostly only good for feeding to sentient weapons (altho' the +6 psionic buff to Str can be nice, depending). LFM's are not common (altho' that may change slightly w/ this deal!).

Definitely falls into the "other" category for quest packs, but my advice - grab it at this price.

(Meanwhile... might(?) still be another Sale between now and the end of November/Midwinter holidays Deep Discounts - start saving up your DDO Points!)

Default Oct 3- Oct 10

(Apologies for the late post. I was offshore**, incommunicado Wed-Sat late, and then the forums had some problems until today. Which means...

Less than 3 more days to take advantage of this, if* you're of a mind to!)

The current sale is another (almost) "across the board" 20% off.

The only Adventure Packs NOT on sale are...

• White Plume Mountain
    • The Soul Splitter
    • Masterminds of Sharn
    • Mists of Ravenloft

...and the 2 challenge packs...

• Eveningstar Challenges
    • Vautls of the Artificers

20% is the smallest sale we see, so unless you've got a yuuuge pile of points burning a hole in your virtual pocket, or there's something specific that you really want, maybe hold on to them, at least for now*...

* Remember - If(?) the sales cycle with their semi-usual frequency, we might see one more "regular" Adventure Pack sale sometime early(ish) next month, before the holiday deals roll around. Around the end of November (US' "Thanksgiving", Thursday November 28) thru the next Monday is usually a big sale. Hopefully, some Adventure Packs will be included on a big discount - but no way to know if/what/how much until we see it. This will then be quickly followed by the mid-winter holidaze sales, which are typically(!) more varied. Buy/save your points if that's your target!

(** Just for any curious, the "C" in C-Dog is not from "Sea Dog", altho' I do the water thing on occasion. Entirely unrelated and coincidental. Just thought I'd throw that out.)

Community Member

Of particular note, this is the first time that Disciples of Rage has gone on sale, even if it's not a great sale.

Good catch!

I don't own DoR (yet), so can't comment on it, but here're the link & basics:

o Disciples_of_Rage 20% off = 580 (down from 725)

5 Level 14 quests (Lvl 31 Epic), 78 House J favor. Named Loot

If anyone is familiar w/ these quests, and/or some of the standout loot, feel free to share, thx!

Night Revels just started, something server-side has been causing lag, and generally lots of alarums and diversions that create a lot of noise for other stuff to get lost in.

So just thought I'd remind anyone interested - only a few more hours to grab Disciples of Rage (or (almost) any other you care to name) for 20% off.

Haff fun stohmin da cassul!
    o/

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345