Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Jan 4 - 10

Yeah, Dragonblood just went On Sale for the first time a short while ago, and that came out a year and a half ago. And most were surprised that it did so soon.

And you're welcome! I'm die-hard Premium, and I remember when I first was trying to prioritize my pack buying - what a mess! With perfect 20/20 hindsight, some thoughts are here.

Anyway... this week's sale is 25% off a dozen packs, below.

o Shan-To-Kor
    o Delera's Tomb (a popular classic, w/ the +5% XP trinket)
    o Phiarlan Carnival
    o Trials of the Archons (w/ the best Great Crossbow in Heroics)
    o Ruins of Gianthold (a "core" pack, and both Heroic and Epic)
    o Ruins of Threnal
    o Sentinals of Stormreach (2nd half of the Pirate Saga, w/ 3BC)
    o Harbinger of Madness
    o Path of Inspiration
    o Druid's Deep (w/ HRoS, below, 2 of the high-Heroic Sagas)
    o High Road of Shadows

I've reviewed most of these in this thread already, and if I haven't see the link in the OP.

Enjoy!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    Yeah, Dragonblood just went On Sale for the first time a short while ago, and that came out a year and a half ago. And most were surprised that it did so soon.

And you're welcome! I'm die-hard Premium, and I remember when I first was trying to prioritize my pack buying - what a mess! With perfect 20/20 hindsight, some thoughts are here.

Anyway... this week's sale is 25% off a dozen packs, below.

o Shan-To-Kor
    o Delera's Tomb (a popular classic, w/ the +5% XP trinket)
    o Phiarlan Carnival
    o Trials of the Archons (w/ the best Great Crossbow in Heroics)
    o Ruins of Gianthold (a "core" pack, and both Heroic and Epic)
    o Ruins of Threnal
    o Sentinals of Stormreach (2nd half of the Pirate Saga, w/ 3BC)
    o Harbinger of Madness
    o Path of Inspiration
    o Druid's Deep (w/ HRoS, below, 2 of the high-Heroic Sagas)
    o High Road of Shadows

I've reviewed most of these in this thread already, and if I haven't see the link in the OP.

Enjoy!
    Hi C-Dog. I can't help but notice that there has been no post about sales in the "DDO Store Sales and Promotions" forum for 4 of the last 5 weeks. Do you know if they've decided to abandon updates there? That was a very convenient place for me to find what was on sale each week, I'd be disappointed to learn that they've given up on it.
    Zanthiss - Level 30 Rogue Mechanic - Cannith

I've got a Dungeon Master's Guide... I've got 12 sided die...

I don't know, but I doubt it. I think it's a safe bet that whoever does those updates has other pressing duties as well, and so I'd have to guess they just haven't had the time, and/or haven't seen the recent Sales/Promotions as anything that the latest DDO Chronicle didn't adequately cover.

Speaking of which, in the Announcements & Contests subforum you can find the latest Chronicle, and that always has the store link to the current sales.

I haven't updated this thread simply b/c there have been no Adventure Packs on sale lately - I expect that's due to change soon.

Default Feb 14-21

It's been 5 weeks since the last quest pack sale ended - let's see what we've got...

This week we have only a 20% discount, but it's off almost(!) every pack in the game! A perfect time to pick up some obscure pack(s) that seem(s) to "never" go on sale (if you have the points to spare for that!).

20% off every pack in the game except:

o (White Plume Mountain)
    o (Disciples of Rage)
    o (Mists of Ravenloft)

Looking back on similar sales, it's worth noting that Mines of Tethyamar, Dragonblood Prophecy and Against the Slave Lords are included in the Sale! Fill those gaps!

Also worth mentioning that the DDO Anniversary is coming up, probably next week, maybe the week after. It's possible something will go on medium/deep discount - hard to say with any reliability, but it's possible.

Just a friendly reminder, now that Risia is over - you only have a couple days still to grab any quests that "never" go on sale at 20% off.

Default March 14th - 21st

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog, in another thread View Post
    (And we haven't had a Sale in a while, so we're due!)
    And 4 weeks later, right on cue...

25% off Select Low Level Adventures!

In looking back over my posts, we saw this exact sale (25% off these same 5 quests) almost a year ago, when I first started this. This is not uncommon - sometimes good deals get offered more than once. But the best part - I get to just copy/paste my comments from then!

(If this thread is new to you, there are some great links in the intro post, and good comments throughout. I've also now included this thread and a "How to" post in my sig.)

Currently, 5 low-level quest packs have just gone on sale for 25% off - not a bad discount, and "on sale" is On Sale. Sometimes they'll go 30%-35%, and very rarely as deep as 50%(+), but never with any guarantees as to if/when the next time will be - the next deep Sale probably won't be until the mid-July Summer Sails Sales, and no telling which packs will be chosen then.

So, if you see yourself wanting to run these quests anytime in the next 4 months, now may be a good the time to grab... (listed in some sort of level order)...

• Lvl 4 The Sharn Syndicate
    • Lvl 5 Phiarlan Carnival (& Epic 20)
    • Lvl 3-7 Tangleroot Gorge
    • Lvl 5-7 Three-Barrel Cove (& Epic 25)
    • Lvl 6-10 Sorrowdusk Isle

o The Sharn Syndicate 262 DDO pts (down 88 from 350)

You don't "need" this, but it's fun and nicely done, a 6-quest romp against a thieves' guild in the Marketplace, all at base Level 4. Best ML 2 weapons in the game as end reward, and not-uncommon quest rewards like Kwan's Band and the Runic Trinket (most of which you'll quickly outlevel, but great at level!). Plus this is one of the few places that low-level clickies with spells like Jump, Fox's Cunning (et al), Shield, or Invisibility(!) still drop - not very often, but they do. LFG's are pretty common.

It also gives Coin Lord favor, and combined with the f2p quests makes it easy to get 150 to unlock the 2nd extra pack slot at a low level (assuming you have a Collapsed Portable Hole, which is a different discussion).

o Phiarlan Carnival 337 DDO pts (down 113 from 450)

(First, if you buy the better of the two MotU editions (strongly recommended, especially when on sale, and a must for going into Epic levels 20-30), you get this included for free. So if you're going to buy that, then don't buy this now.)

Another "don't need but nice" pack, 4-quests in House P where we first meet your favorite succubus, Malicia (from the Anniversary event). Several of these have been adapted into festival quests, so the layouts may seem familiar. Some good ML3-4 gear in both end-reward and individual quest lists, such as Antique Great Axe, Mirror Cloak, or a Good Hope clicky, but nothing most can't live without. LFG's are not so common.

o Three-Barrel Cove 521 DDO pts (down 174 from 695)

A half-dozen Level 5 quests plus a 6 and two 7's, PLUS Epic Level 25 play.

This one. There are some (generally agreed) higher priorities, like Lvl 8-10 Vault of Night and Lvl 13-14 Giant Hold, but 3BC sits just below those, popular for its high experience points, well-written quests, great loot (e.g. here and here), a large wilderness, Epic play, and overall high fun factor. Plus, along with the Sentinels_of_Stormreach pack, it's half of the lowest-level Saga in the game. LFGs are common.

o Tangleroot Gorge 412 DDO pts (down 138 from 550)

The pack has a small(ish) wilderness area that leads to a chain of 10(!) quests, each taking you deeper and deeper into a hobgoblin stronghold. However, before we get to the good news, there are three possible problems worth mentioning with this pack, depending on your preferences...

The first is the level range, 2 quests each at 3, 4, 5, 6 & 7 which form a chain (that must be run in order), which means that you can't really run it all at once, which means that finding groups for the chain (or for where you last left it) is next to impossible (unless you have friends who are running it over time, and have a plan to keep coming back as you level up). Otoh, if you are with a regular group or soloing, the wide level range could be a bonus.

The second possible problem is that all 10 quests use the same map, with each quest pushing a bit further in - which is a bit new each time, but a LOT of old too. I don't mind it, but it wears on some.

Also note that, due to design conflicts, Reaper mode is NOT available w/ this quest chain, nor are there plans to change that. That's a dealbreaker for some players, ymmv.

That said, the end reward includes one of THE best items in the game, Visor of the Flesh Render Guards. But if you're buying a pack for just 1 item, I trust you've already bought about 10 of the more recommended ones.

Also, if you're chasing Total Favor on your account, this gives you a good (if not "great") return on your DP (but see next).

o Sorrowdusk Isle 337 DDO pts (down 113 from 450)

Sorrowdusk is another 10-quest chain that suffers from a wide level range (see previous for that critique), 2 quests each at 6, 7, 8, 9 & 10. And a lot of running from quest back to quest giver and then back again, and again, and then yet again, and then a long run to the next giver. Some older but still useful ML 9 loot like mummified bat and bubble belt, but most has been surpassed by more recent quest loot lists (or just Cannith Crafting). Note that if you have ranged characters who are chasing House Deneith favor for their quivers and/or returning ammo, this pack will give you the House D favor you need.

Also, if you're chasing Total Favor on your account, this is one of THE best purchases as far as "getting most favor per DDO point spent", a grand total of 117 Favor! (See this Wiki table for full comparisons of Favor/DP for all the packs.)

Note - If you're a few DDO points short, and you're willing to grind a little for them, read this article and related ones. There is NO argument that simply going out and washing a neighbor's car or mowing a lawn or walking their dog (or just not eating out once this week) and using that small change to simply buy 100 DDO points is WAY faster, but... well, that's just not for everyone.

Default April 18-25

This week's sale is only 20% off, BUT it's another one that is "across the board" - everything (almost*) is on sale! So now's a great time to fill in those gaps of quest packs that "never" go on sale!

* Only packs NOT on sale are Challenge Packs and the newest ones, namely...

o White Plume Mountain
    o Disciples of Rage
    o Mists of Ravenloft
    o Vaults of the Artificers
    o Eveningstar Challenges

There will probably be another couple more lower-to-medium % sales before the deep "Summer Sails Sales" around July, but those usually hit the "big ones" and not the less popular ones. Grab 'em while you can, or risk not seeing them on sale again for a long while.

Community Member

So now's a great time to fill in those gaps of quest packs that "never" go on sale!
    Which ones are those? Is there a most to least discounted packs list somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by NoobCake View Post
    Which ones are those? Is there a most to least discounted packs list somewhere?
    No - that comment's mostly for anyone who already has the "core" and "nice to have" packs, and is starting to satisfy some other personal preferences, and now are picking and choosing more casually. If you look over this thread, you can see some (the lower level packs especially) go on sale more frequently, while others (med- and high-level) are less common.

But, if you want examples, just off the top of my head the 3 "Madness" packs jump to mind here, or maybe some of the Necro packs. But it's personal, and depends how long you've been buying packs - if you've been looking for it for a year, maybe now's the time, and if you haven't, stick to the core recommendations first before worrying about "other stuff".

Default 11th hour comment

Something that I had overlooked until just the last moment...

If you're chasing 700 Free Agents favor for the Falconry tree, you need 700 out of a possible 720 total Free Agent Favor. Which means you need access to every pack that has FA favor - and that includes, as mandatory...

• Three Barrel Cove
    • Restless Isles
    • Demon Sands
    • Harbinger of Madness

Just tossing that out there, for those who may be interested.

Default Jun 6-13

Okay... 6(!) weeks since the last quest pack sale ended - and we've got a good one - not great, but definitely good...

This week we have a 25% discount on almost(!) every pack in the game!

25% is a nice middle discount - we'll probably(?)* see 35% and deeper on some (limited) content for the upcoming Summer Sails Sale*, but for now, this is a nice one.

(* There is no guarantee or predicting what will and will not be on sale for the mid-summer sales, which usually start sometime around late June or so. If you want to gamble, wait until then - but if what you want isn't there, you'll be waiting a lot longer.)

25% off every pack in the game except Challenge packs and (predictably and understandably) the newest ones - namely, not...

o (White Plume Mountain)
    o (Disciples of Rage)
    o (Mists of Ravenloft)
    o (Eveningstar Challenge Pack)
    o (Vaults of the Artificers)

Bottom line, if you need something in the near future, grab some DP and grab it now. If not, maybe save your DP and see if/what something goes on deep discount in a month or so.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

25% off every pack in the game
    Yessss...
    except
    ...uh oh...
    o (Disciples of Rage)
    D'OH!

At this point, it's a battle of wills between me and SSG to see whether they put it on sale before my resolve crumbles.

"Dude, you could've just bought this when it came out and saved yourself a lot of waiting, it's not like you can't -"
    Major build threads: Axesinger / Dwarven Defender / Drow Ninja / Drow Paladin / Elven Ranger / Monkcher / Sacred Vanguard / Cleric Domains / Kundarak Brigade / Iconic Builds
    My Build Index: a Motley Menagerie of Original Rapscallions, Pugilists, and Gimps!

Right there with ya.

Of the 3 quest packs on that list, DoR is the oldest, so it ~should~ be put on the "Sale" list soon... ish...

Hello!

Just looking to confirm, been away a long time, that given the mass discounts the VON-Gianthold-Shroud trinity still holds as Top Buys™?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kinerd View Post
    Hello!

Just looking to confirm, been away a long time, that given the mass discounts the VON-Gianthold-Shroud trinity still holds as Top Buys™?
    They're still some of the best content for leveling in the game, maybe not quite as Mandatory as before but still quite good.

the level ranges they cover have been filled in somewhat by heroic content of expansions and lots of quest packs in the mid teens, but most people still run gianthold and vale every heroic life, and VON is worth it just for running in epics for huge exp.

That trinity is still The Three for general purpose leveling/questing, imo. If you have them, you can get to 20 without breaking much of a sweat - and that's the yardstick (at least the one I'm using here).

Quote Originally Posted by FlavoredSoul View Post
    maybe not quite as Mandatory as before but still quite good.

the level ranges they cover have been filled in somewhat by heroic content of expansions...
    What FS said, only I disagree that expansions can really cover them in Heroics.

If you're going to buy Ravenloft (w/ real-life cash or full price (2495) in DP) to replace the Lvl 8-9 VoN quests for Heroic Leveling, you're looking at Level 10-12 instead - so doable (I suppose), but a bit of a stretch. (And WPM is Lvl 6, w/ 1 @ 9.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kinerd View Post
    Hello!

VoN makes leveling a ton easyer in midgame, and epics, Giganthold is still only source of armor that is worth wearing in game. That said I no longer play shroud, or use any items from it. I play Reign of Madness instead. Way more fun quest, and unless you play one of the weapon types that have no support, so you gotta craft it, I would say you can skip it. Let the sleeping dust lie, Coalescence chamber and to lesser extend Rainbow in the dark all have really annoying quest mehanics, that make me not feel like doing them.

I have way more fun just playing Sane asylum, and Lord of Stone instead.

I mean sure you get more favor from it, but it's absolute chore to do, or get party going, and it fills your inventory with tons of garbage ingredients that you never use, or you never gonna get your items.

I really dunno why people recommend it so much. It's not fun to play.

Thanks everyone!

Just a shout - about 24 hours left on this 25% (almost) everything sale!

Sales on Adventure Packs ~seem~ to be coming about every 4-6 weeks or so, which means that unless SSG sneaks one in under the wire, the next sale where we ~might~ see a pack on sale is the Summer Sails Sale, which should(?) start just a couple/few weeks from new. No telling if any Adventure Pack will be on sale then, or how "deep" a deep discount may be, but it ~might~ (again, emphasizing the uncertainty here) be 35%, 50%, or more.

If you decide to wait, Good Luck!
    o/

Quote Originally Posted by Wh070aa View Post
    I really dunno why people recommend (Vale) so much. It's not fun to play.
    Simple - because not everyone agrees with your assessment. Diff players will have differing views of some quests - that's predicatable, that's natural, not everyone agrees with everyone else. For example, I, myself, find those same "annoying" quests to be a unique challenge in the game, and look forward to that challenge. Ymmv, and clearly does, and that's cool.

But, objectively, one of the reasons it's recommended is because so many people do run it, for one reason or another. LFM's are common, which cannot be said for the Madness series.

Every piece of advice has to be taken with a grain of salt, no diff w/ this thread, and with any self-awareness a player has if/that their preferences are not "average" preferences.

So, the Summer Sails Sale is on the horizon... (that little dot, right over there... you can just see it...)

There is no telling what will be on sale, nor even if any Adventure Packs will be included. They often are, they usually are, but that's never a guarantee.

However... this week's sale includes a double-bonus points deal, now thru July 7! (That's not "double points", just "double bonus points) - plus a freebie, an elixir to help you farm Named Items!

o https://www.ddo.com/en/news/ddo-chronicle-issue-339
    o https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...e-Bonus-Points

And the reason I'm mentioning this here, is for Premium players who want to buy their TP now, so they have them "just in case". I'd bet that the Summer Sails Sale will start next week (July 7), so if(?) that's the case and if(?) you're on during the overlap, you can see if the first week has anything you want, and grab your points then. But if not, or if Adventure Packs are not included in the SSS until one of the later weeks, you'll be wishing you'd bought them now.

There's always someone, so just sayin'.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast