Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post

Btw - While 3BC is generally agreed to be one of the best packs,
    Actually, it was one of the least popular packs before xp revamp. I'm not saying it's bad pack, but i've got no idea why you assume it's "geerally agreed to be one of best packs". Most of current popularity comes only from too good xp comparing to other quests at level. I still remember like 2-5k xp each quest and noone running 3bc years ago (it was one of the first packs i bought in 2011 when i started playing and i was pretty disappointed cause it wasn't easy to find party willing to run those quests).

Quote Originally Posted by Gniewomir View Post
    ... i've got no idea why you assume it's "generally agreed to be one of best packs"...
    The standards I use for my judgements are multi-fold (and covered in my general write up, link in sig) - XP, XP vs. F2P, loot, LFG's, Favor/Sagas, Epic option, and all-around "fun". 3BC scores good to high in all of these, which alone sets it in an elite group.

Plus, general commentary from these forums. You are one of the few I've ever seen to disagree that 3BC is not one of the best produced. I have to wonder what you are basing your "least popular" assessment on, and have to wonder if you're in a guild/group that focuses exclusively on TR'ing and "XP/minute" quests.

But that's why I said "generally", and not "universally".

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    The standards I use for my judgements are multi-fold (and covered in my general write up, link in sig) - XP, XP vs. F2P, loot, LFG's, Favor/Sagas, Epic option, and all-around "fun". 3BC scores good to high in all of these, which alone sets it in an elite group.

Plus, general commentary from these forums. You are one of the few I've ever seen to disagree that 3BC is not one of the best produced. I have to wonder what you are basing your "least popular" assessment on, and have to wonder if you're in a guild/group that focuses exclusively on TR'ing and "XP/minute" quests.

But that's why I said "generally", and not "universally".

He's right that it was very unpopular before the XP revamp, but became instantly very popular after it. It has a lot of fiddly stuff, although less than spies in the house, and has the quests in an explorer zone. When you have factors like that, the xp needs to be higher to compensate. Now it is. It always had interesting quests, so there wasn't anything in it that an xp upgrade wouldn't fix. Honestly I think that applies to a lot of quests packs and chains. Threnal with a substantial xp upgrade (especially for the 'short' defend Coyle quest) could become a reasonably frequently run quest chain (now that ratcatcher is nerfed, which is what along with the cloak for master's gifts gave it it's brief day in the sun).

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Alrik_Fassbauer View Post
    I have been browsing through the newest Eberron pen&paper RPG published in print, and Xen'drik and especially Stormreach are strangely absent from that.

All novels and most pen & paper RPG books I know of concentrate on completely other areas then Xen'drik.

Therefore I can agree : It would be nice to have adventure packs taking place elsewhere, too.

Default Upcoming Sale

<rusty hinges open with a creak, dust settles, cobwebs are swept away...>

Since DDO has graciously opened the doors to all quests for the last few months, there have been no sales on Adventure Packs - the Store doesn't offer anything that an account has access to, and we all have access to all quests, so... nada.

Two bits of news, however, on the "Adventure Pack Sales" front...

One, it's just been announced that Free Access to "all of our quests, raids, and expansion content" has been extended, another 3 months, to August 31!

AND, two... the details are not final, but it appears that much or all(!) of the current content will be available - for free! As written, it appears that this is not the full expansion packs, only the quests they contain.

Read for yourself!

o https://www.ddo.com/en/news/free-que...ng-stone-games

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789