DDOcast Host
    Licensed House Cannith Refuse Disposal Unit Technician

Default DDOCast 523 & DDO Players News 183 - Update 39 Preview 1

Draculetta from DDO Players News joins us for a coproduction show this week along with Arkat as we take a look at Update 39 Preview 1 on Lammania!

Have thoughts on this show, ideas for round table topics, questions you’d like us to answer, or topics you’d like to see us debate? Leave us a comment, send us an email (ddocast@gmail.com) or give us a tweet (@ddocast)!

Check out www.ddocast.com for mp3 audio, our show calendar, archives, and more!

Want to support the show? You can feed the kobolds (give money) on our Patreon page (https://www.patreon.com/DDOCast)! We use these gifts to support the show and give out prizes.

Producer’s Note: due to personal time constraints there will be no time stamps this week. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Watch shows live at twitch.tv/ddocast

DDO Chronicle 288
    U39 Lamannia Preview 1 Release Notes
    Crystal Cove Loot Revamp
    Warsoul & War Priest Enhancement Revamp
    Angel of Vengance Revamp
    Full Moon Fury: Things I Wished I Learned pt 2
    Micki’s Delirium: Raids Week 79
    DDO Players News: Temporary Hiatus
    Axel: Beacon of Hope
    Shamgar ~ Pjstechie ~ Melchizedek ~ Habakkuk ~ Josheb ~ Magoi ~ Kinnor ~ Eshek ~ Zakchaios ~ Jephthah ~ Bartimaios ~ Ehudh ~ Bezaleluri ~ Nebuchad ~ Lava Divers (Khyber) ~ Epic Education ~ Building Blocks ~ DDOCast ~ contact me

Weren't SSG doing some hiring recently? Seems to me a load of these smaller bugfixes & changes are probably the results of training new starters & "it's a training exercise" is a good excuse to clear out a load of the lower-priority items from the list since they might be relatively easier or at least less likely to have weird side-effects.

I like that they've allowed people to still get the older versions of the crystal cove loot, as certain pieces of legacy gear can have much more useful effects, eg. the cloak of ice with it's blue fireshield clicky, the tattered gloves with their double-digit fire lore at only ml2, which you simply can't get in the newer lootgen & the phiarlan mirror cloak with it's spell resistance that's actually relatively reliable in the lower levels.

There's a later note about divine champion needing mithril body for favoured souls & adamantine body for the cleric version - which seems foolish really as adamantine body's DR actually stacks with the capstone & racial enhancements & having 15/adamantine instead of only 10/ combined with the extra PRR is pretty nice.

AoV tree getting some SLAs is great - it's a bit of a shame that they lose the unique free spell from the capstone, though admittedly only about half of those were really all that great anyway. I like that one of the SLAs is cometfall - on my cleric I typically use it more for the knockdown effect to save SPs, but it can dish out a decent amount of hurt when you turn on the metamagics so favoured souls will be able to really make the most of it's dual CC & damage potential - now they just need to update hirelings so Larafey has it & won't burn through all her SP in 2 fights
    Last edited by FuzzyDuck81; 06-28-2018 at 02:31 AM.
    I don't mean to come across as unsympathetic - but I am, so I do.