Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Gingerspyce's week in videos: 700th vid and Reaper Life 2 gets owned in R10 Invaders!

Happy Summer!

I've recently posted my 700th video! It started in 2014 with a little quest video to demonstrate my favorite build. It got some positive responses and that encouraged me to do a few more tutorial vids. Those were well received, which encouraged me to keep going. 4 years later my little channel has grown into the largest collection of DDO videos on the internet, thanks to your kind words and encouragement. The videos are not monetized, it's all just a fun little hobby, lol. But I've had a blast sharing them with the community and hearing how much they've helped others over the years. So cool!

Reaper Life 2 is plowing through the tween levels in style with a series of R10's. I've recently realized that we are the only ones posting videos of high skull heroic content, wow! That means these R10 videos are the first ones ever! Starting with level 12, we embarked on a streak of 25 R10's in a row. It was awesome fun, a great challenge and by the time it ended, it was exhausting, lol.

Episode 14: R10 Chamber of Kourush

This is definitely one of the easier ones in the Sands of Menechtarun. What made it even easier is we encountered a bug where all the reapers spawned with 1 hit point. Those are my favorite kind of reapers, lol.

Episode 15: R10 Eyes of Stone

There are a few things you can do to make this one much more manageable in reaper mode. You can skip the library by using the Stone to Flesh spell instead of getting the quest salve. You can also skip a few groups of mobs to save time and resources. Like so many of our R10 videos, this one ends with me dead, lol. See how you can make this one easier for yourself!

Episode 16: R10 Invaders!
    A friend and fan of the series had requested we do Invaders on R8. We were on an R10 roll at this point so we wanted to go all the way with R10... And we got wrecked. This one proved to be the toughest challenge of the series. It didn't help that I hadn't done this one in a year, preferring to skip it in my regular leveling routine. But as rough as it was, I'm glad I can say that I did R10 Invaders and completed. This one features my single biggest death count of the series, lol. If you enjoy seeing us get served, you'll love this one!

Thank you for all the fun comments and words of encouragement throughout Reaper Life 2 so far. We are looking forward to sharing many more big skull completions with you. We are not shying away from a challenge and we are having a lot of fun sharing those challenging moments with you.

Much love,
    Gingerspyce and the Reaper Life 2 team

Older updates:
    5/29/18 Gingerspyce's week in videos: Reaper Life 2 levels 5-8
    5/18/18 Gingerspyce's week in videos: Reaper Life 2 the early levels!
    5/10/18 Announcing Reaper Life 2!
    5/3/18 Gingerspyce's week in videos: Solos and New wolf and bear emotes!

moved east of the oak tree, burrow'd under the cedar beside the lake..

Default woot!

Congrats on your 700th video Ginger! Fun times
    `Littlemama Whooopass`

Lemuria / Tooruk / Mammabear / Intrepidbear / Dragonsclaw / Dragonya / Whitebuffalo / Hawtmamma / Grandolff

Community Manager

Congrats on 700!
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

700?!?! Congratz! Send him points!!!

Congratz on that insane Innvaders run.
    ROGUE Part QUATRE: Prove your Stealth Skills! Deadline SOOON!
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist), Naerfelka (farmer), Saelegion (parked level 4)
    Quote Originally Posted by Annex View Post
    Hope extinguished leaves fading memories of better times.

Wow, 700!! Watched only a small fraction of them and run thru mustering a raid video or two over the years (when our guild happened by dumb luck to be in the same zone.) Congrats on 700 very nice videos and being an immense asset to the DDO community. I also commend the High Lords on all the special events they sponsor thruout the year. Those are very nice and help to support the DDO community.
    Sarlona - The Ko Brotherhood :Jareko-Elf Ranger12Rogue8+4E; Hennako-Human Cleric22; Rukio-Human Paladin18; Taellya-Halfling Rogue16; Zenako-Dwarf Fighter10Cleric1; Daniko-Drow Bard20; Kerriganko-Human Cleric18; Buket-WF Fighter6; Xenophilia-Human Wiz20; Zenakotwo-Dwarf Cleric16; Yadnomko-Halfling Ftr12; Gabiko-Human Bard15; lots more

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

Wow, R10 invaders sounds like an absolute nightmare. I'm so sorry you put yourself through that.

Community Member

Default 700th Video

Congratulations on your 700th video! I have watched many of the ones that you have made and they are very helpful. Reaper Life 2 has inspired us to try it ourselves. We are currently at level 6 at 2 skulls (there are only 2 of us) and are loving it! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by axel15810 View Post
    Wow, R10 invaders sounds like an absolute nightmare. I'm so sorry you put yourself through that.
    It was brutal. We'll call this one a bucket list item

Quote Originally Posted by sleeksilver View Post
    Congratulations on your 700th video! I have watched many of the ones that you have made and they are very helpful. Reaper Life 2 has inspired us to try it ourselves. We are currently at level 6 at 2 skulls (there are only 2 of us) and are loving it! Thank you!
    Thank you! I'm glad you're enjoying Reaper Life 2 and awesome to hear that it has inspired you to challenge yourselves

Quote Originally Posted by Zenako View Post
    Wow, 700!! Watched only a small fraction of them and run thru mustering a raid video or two over the years (when our guild happened by dumb luck to be in the same zone.) Congrats on 700 very nice videos and being an immense asset to the DDO community. I also commend the High Lords on all the special events they sponsor thruout the year. Those are very nice and help to support the DDO community.
    Thanks Zenako!

Hero
    Knight of Movember
    2014 DDO Players Council

Ginger -

Thanks for ALL of your videos; they have helped me a time or two for sure.

Incredible having 700. *respectful bow* *clicks +1 a bunch of times but only +1 goes in*

To you and your team on Invaders - I LOVED it. Reminds of what it was like to run Invaders Elite circa 2007. Beholders are fearsome and those Flensers and Hounds are no trash mobs! Awesome sauce there to you and your whole team.
    The evolution of DDO: Stormreach to Eberron Unlimited to Dungeons & Dragons Online
    -1- -2- -3- -4- -5- -6- -7- -8- -9- -10 - -11- -12!! years & still spawning kobolds
    From Turbine to SSG, who are the devs anyway? DDO Peeps Tracker

Quote Originally Posted by Hafeal View Post
    Ginger -

Thanks for ALL of your videos; they have helped me a time or two for sure.

Incredible having 700. *respectful bow* *clicks +1 a bunch of times but only +1 goes in*

To you and your team on Invaders - I LOVED it. Reminds of what it was like to run Invaders Elite circa 2007. Beholders are fearsome and those Flensers and Hounds are no trash mobs! Awesome sauce there to you and your whole team.
    Thanks Hafeal! That's one of the things I love about reaper mode is that it feels like the old days trying to run these quests on elite

Quote Originally Posted by Nachomammashouse View Post
    Thanks Hafeal! That's one of the things I love about reaper mode is that it feels like the old days trying to run these quests on elite
    But these days there is no Experience loss for dying. I recall some pretty brutal runs, but everyone was commited to getting the end rewards, even if we died a lot and sometimes it was a really large number of times. And back then, it made running quests like INvaders a serious challenge to net a gain at the end. Gear from those years with level 10 or perhaps 12 characters. It was seriously hard.
    Sarlona - The Ko Brotherhood :Jareko-Elf Ranger12Rogue8+4E; Hennako-Human Cleric22; Rukio-Human Paladin18; Taellya-Halfling Rogue16; Zenako-Dwarf Fighter10Cleric1; Daniko-Drow Bard20; Kerriganko-Human Cleric18; Buket-WF Fighter6; Xenophilia-Human Wiz20; Zenakotwo-Dwarf Cleric16; Yadnomko-Halfling Ftr12; Gabiko-Human Bard15; lots more

Congratulations!

Absolutely Insane !! congrats Ginger ...I know that your video series has been a Big reason why I actually started playing DDO so much more in the past few months..You are truly a great member of this community and its great that you pass on all that experience with your tips and tricks. Here is to 700 more ! Love your first life series and would love to see more of those and also almost a list of the order of your videos to see the progression of giniger and voodu in all their respective past lives that you went through

Keep up the great work ! Looking forward to all that craziness in the next reaper 2 videos ! NIMVIND for el-presidente!

Quote Originally Posted by Zenako View Post
    But these days there is no Experience loss for dying. I recall some pretty brutal runs, but everyone was commited to getting the end rewards, even if we died a lot and sometimes it was a really large number of times. And back then, it made running quests like INvaders a serious challenge to net a gain at the end. Gear from those years with level 10 or perhaps 12 characters. It was seriously hard.
    So glad I wasn't playing back in those days! I guess it woulda been kinda cool to have lived through those days, but I've also heard stories of some rough times in those first few years and I wonder if I would've stayed with the game through those times. I started when DDO went free to play.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Human_Cypher View Post
    Congratulations!
    Thanks THC!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghallis View Post
    Absolutely Insane !! congrats Ginger ...I know that your video series has been a Big reason why I actually started playing DDO so much more in the past few months..You are truly a great member of this community and its great that you pass on all that experience with your tips and tricks. Here is to 700 more ! Love your first life series and would love to see more of those and also almost a list of the order of your videos to see the progression of giniger and voodu in all their respective past lives that you went through

Keep up the great work ! Looking forward to all that craziness in the next reaper 2 videos ! NIMVIND for el-presidente!
    Thanks Ghallis! I'm hoping to bring back Northwynd and do a "Druid True Second Life" series later this year, maybe in the fall. As far as viewing my oldest videos, you can hit the "videos" menu and then "sort by" at the right and choose oldest to see some of my firsts.

Quote Originally Posted by Nachomammashouse View Post
    So glad I wasn't playing back in those days! I guess it woulda been kinda cool to have lived through those days, but I've also heard stories of some rough times in those first few years and I wonder if I would've stayed with the game through those times. I started when DDO went free to play.
    Early EQ1 was rough. Not only did you lose xp on death you also had to run back to get your gear. In one of the early raids, Plane of Fear as I recall, that led to some spectacular attempts to get gear back after a wipe. Several hours or trying to do so did happen. The risk of losing all your gear was very real back then.
    Danskerne
    Et dansktalende guild på Ghallanda. Send PM, hvis du er interesseret.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast