Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 259
  1. #1

    Default U39 Preview 1: Crystal Cove Loot Revamp

    The next time the Crystal Cove event is enabled after Update 39 goes live there will be new loot available to be crafted. Listed below are the currently planned new rewards (most of these are revamped versions of the old Crystal Cove items that are now in line with modern scaling effects. Players WILL be able to upgrade the old versions of items to these new versions when the event is activated.).

    It is worth mentioning that Hat crafting and consumables are not planned to change.

    The actual trade in vendor is not available to test in this preview, however, all of the new items are available to purchase from "The Loot Guy" in the center of the test dojo. These new items are also listed below:

    Brigand's Cutlass Scimitar
    Minimum Level:4/8/12/16/20/24/28
    Damage Dice: 1.5[1d6]/1.5[1d6]/2[1d6]/2[1d6]/2.5[1d6]/3.5[1d6]/5.5[1d6+2] The additional 0.5 is because of Vorpal
    Critical Profile: 18-20/x2

    • Anarchic 2d6/2d6/3d6/4d6/4d6/5d6/8d6
    • Vorpal/Vorpal/Vorpal/Improved Vorpal/Improved Vorpal/Greater Vorpal/Greater Vorpal
    • Incite +12%/+17%/+21%/+26%/+30%/+34%/+53%
    • Intimidate +6/+10/+14/+16/+17/+18/+22
    • Red Augment Slot

    Cutthroat's Smallblade Short Sword
    Minimum Level:4/8/12/16/20/24/28
    Damage Dice: [1d6]/[1d6]/1.5[1d6]/1.5[1d6]/2[1d6]/3[1d6]/5[1d6+2]
    Critical Profile: 19-20/x2/19-20/x2/18-20/x2/17-20/x2/17-20/x2/17-20/x2/17-20/x2

    • Bleeding2d6/2d6/3d6/4d6/4d6/5d6/8d6
    • Doublestrike +4%/+6%/+7%/+9%/+11%/+12%/+20%
    • Hide +6/+10/+14/+16/+17/+18/+22
    • Move Silently +6/+10/+14/+16/+17/+18/+22
    • Red Augment Slot

    Ornamental Dagger Dagger
    Minimum Level:4/8/12/16/20/24/28
    Damage Dice: [1d4]/[1d4]/1.5[1d4]/1.5[1d4]/2[1d4]/3[1d4]/5[1d4+2]
    Critical Profile: 19-20/x2

    • Concentration +6/+10/+14/+16/+17/+18/+22
    • Potency +29/+41/+52/+63/+73/+84/+132
    • Spell Lore +3%/+4%/+6%/+7%/+8%/+10%/+15%
    • Efficient Metamagic - Maximize I/+I/I/II/II/II/II
    • Red Augment Slot

    Ratkiller Maul
    Minimum Level:4/8/12/16/20/24/28
    Damage Dice: [1d10]/[1d10]/1.5[1d10]/1.5[1d10]/2[1d10]/3[1d10]/5[1d10+3]
    Critical Profile: 20/x3

    • Stunning +4/+6/+7/+9/+11/+12/+20
    • Staggering Blow This item is enchanted to make your attacks send enemies reeling. When you roll a 20 on an attack with a melee weapon you will knock the target down unless it makes a DC 17 Balance check.ed as a result.
    • Earthgrab This weapon stores the implacable strength of the earth deep within. When this weapon is used, this power occasionally comes to the surface, calling on the earth to erupt from the ground and hold an enemy in place.
    • Animal Bane 2d10/2d10/3d10/4d10/4d10/5d10/8d10
    • Red Augment Slot

    Swashbuckler Buckler
    Minimum Level:4/8/12/16/20/24/28
    Damage Dice: [1d4]/[1d4]/[1d4]/[1d4]/[2d4]/[2d4]/[2d4]
    Critical Profile: 20/x3

    • Parrying +1/+2/+3/+3/+4/+5/+8
    • Doublestrike +4%/+6%/+7%/+9%/+11%/+12%/+20%
    • Guardbreaking This item enables you to break an enemy's guard in between your melee attacks. On critical hits with your melee weapons, enemies will become dazed as a result.
    • Dexterity +3/+5/+6/+3 Insightful/+4 Insightful/+5 Insightful/+8 Insightful
    • Blue Augment Slot

    Glass Cannon Rune Arm
    Minimum Level: 24
    Exploding Cannon Shot: Fires a conjured stone projectile that explodes when it strikes an enemy or object. Opponents in the blast radius take both bludgeoning and fire damage.

    • Impulse +125
    • Kinetic Lore +18%
    • Intelligence +11
    • Fortification Penalty -25%
    • Rune Arm Imbue: Bludgeon V
    • Rune Arm Imbue: Fire V
    • Green Augment Slot

    Duelist's Leathers Light Armor
    Minimum Level:4/8/12/16/20/24/28
    Armor Bonus: 5/7/8/10/13/15/21
    Material: Spiritcraft Leather

    • Feat: Mobility
    • Balance +6/+10/+14/+16/+17/+18/+22
    • Accuracy +5/+8/+10/+12/+15/+17/+28
    • Dodge +3%/+5%/+6%/+8%/+9%/11%/+18%
    • Green Augment Slot

    Cavalry Plate Heavy Armor
    Minimum Level:4/8/12/16/20/24/28
    Armor Bonus: 10/15/16/21/26/31/40
    Material: Mithral

    • Life Shield/Life Shield/Life Shield/Life Shield/Improved Demonic Shield/Improved Demonic Shield/Improved Demonic Shield
    • False Life +12/+18/+24/+30/+36/+42/+69
    • DR 10/10/10/14/15/20/30/Chaotic
    • Resistance +3/+4/+5/+6/+8/9/+14
    • Green Augment Slot

    Brawling Gloves Hands Slot
    Minimum Level:4/8/12/16/20/24/28
    • Strength +3/+5/+6/+8/+9/+11/+18
    • Spike-Studded This item is reinforced with metal studs that improve your unarmed strikes. Your unarmed attacks do an additional 1 to 4 piercing damage.
    • Glass Jaw Strike While wearing this item, when you roll a 20 on an unarmed attack, you will deal a tremendous blow to your target that will daze it (as the Sap ability) and may knock it down as well.
    • Deception +2/+3/+5/+6/+7/+9/+15
    • Green Augment Slot

    Ring of the Buccaneer Ring Slot
    Minimum Level:4/8/12/16/20/24/28
    • Dexterity +3/+5/+6/+8/+9/+11/+18
    • Swim +6/+10/+14/+16/+17/+18/+22
    • Underwater Action You are able to breathe underwater.
    • Protection +3/+4/+5/+6/+8/+9/+14
    • Green Augment Slot

    Treasure Hunter's Spyglass Trinket Slot
    Minimum Level:4/8/12/16/20/24/28
    • Detect Secret Doors Clicky/Detect Secret Doors Clicky/Detect Secret Doors Clicky/True Seeing/True Seeing/True Seeing/True Seeing
    • Search +6/+10/+14/+16/+17/+18/+22
    • Spot +6/+10/+14/+16/+17/+18/+22
    • Use Magic Device +1/+1/+2/+3/+3/+4/+7
    • Green Augment Slot
    Last edited by Cocomajobo; 06-19-2018 at 11:00 PM.
    Tell me about any and all bugs you encounter by clicking here!


    NOTE: Submitting a bug in this manner is not a quick fix for past occurrences; it is instead a means of bringing issues to our attention to prevent future occurrences for both you and others. Providing detailed information, especially specifics about your account and character as well as what steps you took leading up to the issue, are critical to us being able to pinpoint the cause of any problems you have encountered.

  2. #2
    The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council
    LrdSlvrhnd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    2,776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    Players WILL be able to upgrade the old versions of items to these new versions when the event is activated.).
    1) Does this work only for actual upgrades (ie L4 to L8, etc.) or will we be able to upgrade while keeping it the same level?
    2) Will upgrading require stolen gems of the appropriate level? (ie, am I gonna have to downgrade all my stolen diamonds/emeralds/opals/malachites to pyrites/alabasters to update my L4 spyglasses?
    3) L28 stuff, whoo! Does this mean new stolen gems to farm up?
    4) Looks like you're removing the tiers and just going one per level... I heartily approve of that, but please tell me they're not going to require the trinkets like the T3s did! That was often my sticking point with upgrading from T2 to T3 lol
    "Ignorance killed the cat, sir; curiosity was framed."
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

  3. #3
    Community Member PsychoBlonde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    5,536

    Default

    Ring of the Buccaneer is in the NECK slot?!

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBlonde View Post
    Ring of the Buccaneer is in the NECK slot?!
    It's only for those with a very thin neck. =P

    Fixed.
    Tell me about any and all bugs you encounter by clicking here!


    NOTE: Submitting a bug in this manner is not a quick fix for past occurrences; it is instead a means of bringing issues to our attention to prevent future occurrences for both you and others. Providing detailed information, especially specifics about your account and character as well as what steps you took leading up to the issue, are critical to us being able to pinpoint the cause of any problems you have encountered.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LrdSlvrhnd View Post
    1) Does this work only for actual upgrades (ie L4 to L8, etc.) or will we be able to upgrade while keeping it the same level?
    2) Will upgrading require stolen gems of the appropriate level? (ie, am I gonna have to downgrade all my stolen diamonds/emeralds/opals/malachites to pyrites/alabasters to update my L4 spyglasses?
    3) L28 stuff, whoo! Does this mean new stolen gems to farm up?
    4) Looks like you're removing the tiers and just going one per level... I heartily approve of that, but please tell me they're not going to require the trinkets like the T3s did! That was often my sticking point with upgrading from T2 to T3 lol
    I'll poke the appropriate people for answers on these tomorrow as I don't have the information on hand.
    Tell me about any and all bugs you encounter by clicking here!


    NOTE: Submitting a bug in this manner is not a quick fix for past occurrences; it is instead a means of bringing issues to our attention to prevent future occurrences for both you and others. Providing detailed information, especially specifics about your account and character as well as what steps you took leading up to the issue, are critical to us being able to pinpoint the cause of any problems you have encountered.

  6. #6
    The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council
    LrdSlvrhnd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    2,776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBlonde View Post
    Ring of the Buccaneer is in the NECK slot?!
    Sure... haven't you ever heard of wanting to "ring someone's neck"? *flees while giggling maniacally*
    "Ignorance killed the cat, sir; curiosity was framed."
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

  7. #7
    Community Member Rhysem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    504

    Default

    Suggestion: add a clicky to the ring of merfolk's blessing instead of/in addition to underwater action at higher levels?

  8. #8
    Cosmetic Guru Aelonwy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    4,411

    Default

    Looks like everything except maybe Glass Cannon, is loosing at least one and sometimes 2 effects while being updated to the "new" scaling. I will have to consider very carefully if I even want to update some items.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

  9. #9
    Community Member xveganrox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    588

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Looks like everything except maybe Glass Cannon, is loosing at least one and sometimes 2 effects while being updated to the "new" scaling. I will have to consider very carefully if I even want to update some items.
    Spyglass/smallblade are getting nerfed and dagger is getting nerfed hard. Lesser Maximise is only available on Abbot raid loot after this.

  10. #10
    Community Member edrein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    971

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    Cavalry Plate Heavy Armor
    Minimum Level:4/8/12/16/20/24/28
    Armor Bonus: 10/15/16/21/26/31/40
    Material: Mithral

    • Life Shield/Life Shield/Life Shield/Life Shield/Improved Demonic Shield/Improved Demonic Shield/Improved Demonic Shield
    • False Life +12/+18/+24/+30/+36/+42/+69
    • DR 10/10/10/14/15/20/30/Chaotic
    • Resistance +3/+4/+5/+6/+8/9/+14
    • Green Augment Slot
    Heavy Armor this time around rather than actually being Mithril medium? Could I perhaps make a request that the new material be Darkleaf/Ironwood if you want to make it heavy with this revamp? I'd love to be able to use it on a druid.


    Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    Brawling Gloves Hands Slot
    Minimum Level:4/8/12/16/20/24/28
    • Strength +3/+5/+6/+8/+9/+11/+18
    • Spike-Studded This item is reinforced with metal studs that improve your unarmed strikes. Your unarmed attacks do an additional 1 to 4 piercing damage.
    • Glass Jaw Strike While wearing this item, when you roll a 20 on an unarmed attack, you will deal a tremendous blow to your target that will daze it (as the Sap ability) and may knock it down as well.
    • Deception +2/+3/+5/+6/+7/+9/+15
    • Green Augment Slot
    Is this finally going to make handwraps count as piercing weapons for the sake of Ninja Poison? Can I finally go handwrap dark monk once more?

  11. #11
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    4,377

    Default

    Ornamental Dagger would be significantly better if it granted Insightful Potency and Insightful Spell Lore. Or Festive. And add back the clicky.

    Ratkiller change Animal Bane to Natural Bane to make it less useless.

    Swashbuckler: Compare [W] size to Van Richten's [2d10+10] + 15.
    Last edited by cru121; 06-20-2018 at 12:56 AM.

  12. #12
    Community Member Jetrule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    856

    Default

    Huzzah! Thanks for the reasonable upgrades. Let the grinding begin.
    Percivaul Dusol, BadRandall and Shortpact--The Silver Legion

  13. #13
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by edrein View Post
    Heavy Armor this time around rather than actually being Mithril medium? Could I perhaps make a request that the new material be Darkleaf/Ironwood if you want to make it heavy with this revamp? I'd love to be able to use it on a druid.




    Is this finally going to make handwraps count as piercing weapons for the sake of Ninja Poison? Can I finally go handwrap dark monk once more?
    Yes please, fix mithril to still count as heavy armor for prr purposes or change the material of it. It makes it really hard to justify that max dex bonus if you are only getting medium armor prr bonuses.....

  14. #14
    2017 DDO Players Council Arkantios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    259

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    Treasure Hunter's Spyglass Trinket Slot
    Minimum Level:4/8/12/16/20/24/28
    • Detect Secret Doors Clicky/Detect Secret Doors Clicky/Detect Secret Doors Clicky/True Seeing/True Seeing/True Seeing/True Seeing
    • Search +6/+10/+14/+16/+17/+18/+22
    • Spot +6/+10/+14/+16/+17/+18/+22
    • Use Magic Device +1/+1/+2/+3/+3/+4/+7
    • Green Augment Slot
    Uhh, where did the insightful int go??
    XxMazexX the Rogue SneakATank.

  15. #15
    The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council
    LrdSlvrhnd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    2,776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhysem View Post
    Suggestion: add a clicky to the ring of merfolk's blessing instead of/in addition to underwater action at higher levels?
    But... why? It's already got UA and swim, what would Merfolk's Blessing do other than give other people a swim bonus? And if they did it "instead of UA" at higher levels, it'd be a swim clicky that doesn't stack with the permanent (higher level) swim and now no longer has UA. So, uh... why?
    "Ignorance killed the cat, sir; curiosity was framed."
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

  16. #16
    Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    10,438

    Default

    Congratulations on the work done to modernize the crystal cove loot.

  17. #17
    Community Member kmoustakas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    2,279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    Congratulations on the work done to modernize the crystal cove loot.
    I agree.

    Question: will the gloves be fixed to work with new version handwraps now? They used to be bugged when the changes to handwraps into actual weapons were made
    Social Justice W...arlock (5e toon)
    OkarisRage, big fat purple wolf (because no need to be a bear with the new epic defensive fighting feat-getting past lives of druid and pdk so my artificer is better <3)

  18. #18
    Staggering LightBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Letters of Lingo
    Posts
    3,188

    Default

    Ok, looking good.

    To put the plate back where it used to be, could you make it a medium armor instead of heavy and add some small festival bonus to make up for the loss of prr/mrr?

    Edit:
    Also, while the dagger is improved in a big way it us not where it used to be. Lower numbers and make it universal instead of potency would make it more like the original flavor it had, although not as tasty.
    Last edited by LightBear; 06-20-2018 at 07:36 AM.

  19. #19
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    58

    Default Sentient ready?

    Will the new weapons be sentient-ready?

  20. #20
    Community Member Iriale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,269

    Default

    Ornamental Dagger Dagger
    Minimum Level:4/8/12/16/20/24/28
    Damage Dice: [1d4]/[1d4]/1.5[1d4]/1.5[1d4]/2[1d4]/3[1d4]/5[1d4+2]
    Critical Profile: 19-20/x2

    • Concentration +6/+10/+14/+16/+17/+18/+22
    • Potency +29/+41/+52/+63/+73/+84/+132
    • Spell Lore +3%/+4%/+6%/+7%/+8%/+10%/+15%
    • Efficient Metamagic - Maximize I/+I/I/II/II/II/II
    • Red Augment Slot
    Better efficient metamagic in epic, pls. Orange slot in epics, pls

    Treasure Hunter's Spyglass Trinket Slot
    Minimum Level:4/8/12/16/20/24/28

    • Detect Secret Doors Clicky/Detect Secret Doors Clicky/Detect Secret Doors Clicky/True Seeing/True Seeing/True Seeing/True Seeing
    • Search +6/+10/+14/+16/+17/+18/+22
    • Spot +6/+10/+14/+16/+17/+18/+22
    • Use Magic Device +1/+1/+2/+3/+3/+4/+7
    • Green Augment Slot
    Now the spyglass give a +20 bonus at level 20. Why +17? Where is the insightful int bonus, and the open lock at 24? This is a nerf!
    English is not my native language. Sorry for the mistakes.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload