Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25
  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    197

    Post Drop Rates in Ravenloft

    Personally, I like Ravenloft. It's got a good story, interesting characters and an exciting setting. But I must address the issue of the drop rate for the named stuff in it: It's BLIMMIN LOW! Whoever was in charge of this didn't clearly think about player needs on improving their characters, and made the drop rate seem like those named items are on the levelled phrase 'They Don't Exist'. But of course, I know these items do exist, but it's so impossible to get a specific item you want or need. Take the Flightfoot Greave Boots for example, I've tried so many times to get a pair of those boots from the 'Death House' quest and no luck.

    No matter how many times I run that quest, those boots still won't drop for me at all! Even when I have loot boosts on, those boots still won't drop! So, come on guys, lets band together and tell these people to increase the drop rate for every single named item in Ravenloft, because this is just utterly ridiculous and super annoying. Plus, I don't want to be at this for a year trying to get a specific item or a few that I want to improve my characters.

  2. #2
    Community Member MrTrolol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TimtheGreat89 View Post
    Personally, I like Ravenloft. It's got a good story, interesting characters and an exciting setting. But I must address the issue of the drop rate for the named stuff in it: It's BLIMMIN LOW! Whoever was in charge of this didn't clearly think about player needs on improving their characters, and made the drop rate seem like those named items are on the levelled phrase 'They Don't Exist'. But of course, I know these items do exist, but it's so impossible to get a specific item you want or need. Take the Flightfoot Greave Boots for example, I've tried so many times to get a pair of those boots from the 'Death House' quest and no luck.

    No matter how many times I run that quest, those boots still won't drop for me at all! Even when I have loot boosts on, those boots still won't drop! So, come on guys, lets band together and tell these people to increase the drop rate for every single named item in Ravenloft, because this is just utterly ridiculous and super annoying. Plus, I don't want to be at this for a year trying to get a specific item or a few that I want to improve my characters.
    You realise it's RNG, stop whining you arent getting lucky and keep farming.

  3. #3
    Community Member TitusOvid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,482

    Default

    Let me ask you how often did you loot that chest? 20, 50, 70? I ran for the bauble over 200 times. I needed four 20th lists for my torc. more then 60 tries for seven-fingered gloves. And don't get me started for shroud cleansers or Epic Ring of Spell Storing.
    I don't want to belittle you in any way but some things just don't drop that often. It happens. There will be updates in the near future that make the loot obsolete again. That's the game. And then you get the awesome helm on your 1st try.
    Beste, Titus. Don't do the fun wrong || New to Orien? Join Titan Channel || Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder ||

  4. #4
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TitusOvid View Post
    Let me ask you how often did you loot that chest? 20, 50, 70? I ran for the bauble over 200 times. I needed four 20th lists for my torc. more then 60 tries for seven-fingered gloves. And don't get me started for shroud cleansers or Epic Ring of Spell Storing.
    I don't want to belittle you in any way but some things just don't drop that often. It happens. There will be updates in the near future that make the loot obsolete again. That's the game. And then you get the awesome helm on your 1st try.
    That's exactly my point. People shouldn't have to run a quest 200 times like you've mentioned to get a specific item, it's just absurd.

  5. #5
    Community Member MrTrolol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TimtheGreat89 View Post
    That's exactly my point. People shouldn't have to run a quest 200 times like you've mentioned to get a specific item, it's just absurd.

    There is a thing called RNG, you see, it makes it so drops are random. So an item can drop every run or drop every 500 runs!

  6. #6
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrTrolol View Post
    You realise it's RNG, stop whining you arent getting lucky and keep farming.
    That's the thing. No matter how many times I farm, the loot table will keep hating me forever. It believes I'm unworthy, and I'm sure other people feel the same way too. Plus, I don't need your opinion.

  7. #7
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrTrolol View Post
    There is a thing called RNG, you see, it makes it so drops are random. So an item can drop every run or drop every 500 runs!
    500 runs?? Ugh, feels like I'm almost done with Ravenloft and just want the XP from it from now on!

  8. #8
    Community Member MrTrolol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TimtheGreat89 View Post
    500 runs?? Ugh, feels like I'm almost done with Ravenloft and just want the XP from it from now on!
    So you're arguement is just "Poor me! i cant get lucky with loot!". All i am saying is it is random.

  9. #9
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrTrolol View Post
    So you're arguement is just "Poor me! i cant get lucky with loot!". All i am saying is it is random.
    Okay, so I may be going overboard with this. But the point is that I can get really annoyed, and I don't like random things (sighs). Man, my life can get so needy sometimes, if you know what I mean.

  10. #10
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,146

    Default

    LOL

    Yeah I hear ya though. RL drop rates are actually pretty good relative to some other content. I'm still trying to get Arm of the Archons and that thing will not show up. It might be that I'm just unlucky with that content pack, but it's across all quests. Named items just don't drop in there often at all.

    Hope you get the boots soon.

  11. #11
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    223

    Default

    What difficulty are you running on? On Elite, you have roughly a 1 in 3 chance to see a named item. On Hard, 1 in 6. On Normal, 1 in 10. If you're running the quest to ransack with a full group on elite, you should find every item the quest has. If you're soloing on normal, you might get nothing at all.

    Reaper chance is very slightly higher than Elite, as is running with one of the new named loot elixirs from Daily Dice (treasure hunter elixirs will NOT boost your chances for actual named items).

  12. #12
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    1,608

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TimtheGreat89 View Post
    That's the thing. No matter how many times I farm, the loot table will keep hating me forever. It believes I'm unworthy, and I'm sure other people feel the same way too. Plus, I don't need your opinion.
    Are you running with a group? Lots of people put up an lfm for a quests specifying they are looking for a certain item and farming that quest. Lots of people are willing to help you get your item.

  13. #13
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    197

    Post Strong Argument regarding the Named Stuff.

    This is a strong argument that I want to address. During the early access, the drop rate for the named stuff in Ravenloft was very good. But when it went live, the drop rate was lowered to a poor amount. This as a result has ticked off so many people (myself included) that don't want to face 500 to 1,000 runs to get an item they want or need. Come on guys, you have to agree with me on this one. The drop rate from early access should had remained the same when the expansion went live.

  14. #14
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TimtheGreat89 View Post
    This is a strong argument that I want to address. During the early access, the drop rate for the named stuff in Ravenloft was very good. But when it went live, the drop rate was lowered to a poor amount. This as a result has ticked off so many people (myself included) that don't want to face 500 to 1,000 runs to get an item they want or need. Come on guys, you have to agree with me on this one. The drop rate from early access should had remained the same when the expansion went live.
    I did not notice any reduction at all. In fact drop rates for named items post U36 are still incredibly good (30% +). I normally get multiple items per night. If you are not getting the item you want then it is likely because you are running on too low a difficulty and/or you don't run in groups. I have farmed multiple sets of those boots for various people and it normally takes about 3-5 runes with a full group to get a pair.

  15. #15
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by korgzz_bloodaxe View Post
    I did not notice any reduction at all. In fact drop rates for named items post U36 are still incredibly good (30% +). I normally get multiple items per night. If you are not getting the item you want then it is likely because you are running on too low a difficulty and/or you don't run in groups. I have farmed multiple sets of those boots for various people and it normally takes about 3-5 runes with a full group to get a pair.
    Just to be clear, there's no problem with the difficulty or the grouping. The loot table HATES me infernally and I'm not the only one, believe me.

  16. #16
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    601

    Default

    when it went live, the drop rate was lowered to a poor amount. This as a result has ticked off so many people (myself included) that don't want to face 500 to 1,000 runs to get an item they want or need. Come on guys, you have to agree with me on this one.
    I'm sure some do agree with you. Personally I feel the droprates are way too high. I enjoy randomness, having pipe-dream items, not everyone getting exactly the loot they most covet in a month or weeks etc. I loved the shard seal scroll system (and raid at most once per three days) many years ago. Especially Sands that had a a gazillion items bc that meant even most powerplayers didn't have 100% of the loot they wanted. I know many disagree with me and prefer the: raid 20 times in a week and pick your wanted item from a 100% list so you can build exact build you want. Different opinions.

    Btw - If you're on Ghallanda I can run the q with you and pass the boots of I get em

  17. #17
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grandeibra View Post
    I'm sure some do agree with you. Personally I feel the droprates are way too high. I enjoy randomness, having pipe-dream items, not everyone getting exactly the loot they most covet in a month or weeks etc. I loved the shard seal scroll system (and raid at most once per three days) many years ago. Especially Sands that had a a gazillion items bc that meant even most powerplayers didn't have 100% of the loot they wanted. I know many disagree with me and prefer the: raid 20 times in a week and pick your wanted item from a 100% list so you can build exact build you want. Different opinions.

    Btw - If you're on Ghallanda I can run the q with you and pass the boots of I get em
    Thanks for the offer, but i'm Khyber. And I've totally given up on ravenloft completely, the right items i need are just too stubbon and will never ever drop for me, no matter how many times I run the same quest. Next time I'm going, I only going for the XP. The drop rate is poor, and should be increased because i'm done with item farming for good now!

  18. #18
    Community Member Enerdhil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TimtheGreat89 View Post
    Thanks for the offer, but i'm Khyber. And I've totally given up on ravenloft completely, the right items i need are just too stubbon and will never ever drop for me, no matter how many times I run the same quest. Next time I'm going, I only going for the XP. The drop rate is poor, and should be increased because i'm done with item farming for good now!
    Sorry for honesty, but who cares? If you're exaggerating it's only your problem. Since drop rates in ravenloft are too low for you it might be good idea to uninstall game, cause those drop rates (according to devs words) are one of the highest in entire game, together with other new content. Sometimes it's just bad luck. Try to run older content and check drop rates there.

    PS:

    Quote Originally Posted by TimtheGreat89 View Post
    This as a result has ticked off so many people (myself included) that don't want to face 500 to 1,000 runs to get an item they want or need.
    Month or two ago i was updating entire gear for 5 alts. There's 14 gear slots (all my alts use one of: shield/2nd weapon/runearm, so both weapon slots in use), 2 of them use quivers aswell. Total amount: 72 items to farm. So trust me, i was farming ravenloft a lot in last days and never, literally never had to do more than 30 runs for single item (the lowest drop rate for me was neckle from ravens bane, but still - never ransacked it with all toons to get that nekle). All runs on ee, always lfm up (and i admit, some stuff was passed to me by the others - btw ty for that), but it doesnt change the fact that i never had to do more than 30 runs to get what i needed. No idea where you found those numbers like 500 or 1000 runs.

  19. #19
    2014 & 2016 DDO Players Council Kwyjibo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    979

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TimtheGreat89 View Post
    ...Take the Flightfoot Greave Boots for example, I've tried so many times to get a pair of those boots from the 'Death House' quest and no luck.
    Still hunting for my 4th pair, so ya I know what you mean. RNG can sure be frustrating.

    Quote Originally Posted by TimtheGreat89 View Post
    This is a strong argument that I want to address. During the early access, the drop rate for the named stuff in Ravenloft was very good. But when it went live, the drop rate was lowered to a poor amount.
    heh, drop rates are not decreased. We've been told as much by the SSG folks ad nauseam.

    Good Luck!
    Jibo-Argo/Ascent, Thelanis/TES, Mournlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    No challenge, no fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    I knew i should have actually tested this.

  20. #20
    Community Member vryxnr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,283

    Default

    Been running Ravenloft pretty regularly ever since it came out. Overall I find the drop rates to be both decent (on the verge of overly generous tbh) and consistent throughout this whole time. With Death House specifically, sometimes I'll get several Legendary Flightfoot Greaves in a row, sometimes I'll not see them for several runs in a row. That's RNG. It is frustrating when you hit a dry streak when you're looking for one specific item, but that is RNG, not anything malicious.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload