Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default The DDO Chronicle: Issue 287

Thank you for reading the DDO Chronicle! Don't forget to reply below to the Chronicle Comment for your chance to win 500 DDO Points. We'll select a random winner after Noon Eastern on Thursday, June 21st. Good luck!
    Last edited by Oliveyew; 06-21-2018 at 02:52 PM.

I carry around a Bracelet of Friends for no particular reason...

http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Bracelet_of_Friends

Quote Originally Posted by The DDO Chronicle: Issue 287 View Post
    What is the least useful item in your inventory that you just refuse to get rid of?
    Murlynd's Spoon.

As a life-long pen and paper D&D player, this item made me so happy when I looted it. It's goofy and useless in tabletop, and it's just as goofy and useless in DDO. Therefore, I love it and will never ever get rid of it. I think of it more as an Easter Egg, then an actual item.

Last edited by Memnir; 06-15-2018 at 11:34 AM.
    “To the world you may be one person; but to one person you may be the world.” ~ Dr. Suess

Community Member LucasMacKinnon's Avatar

I have a few. My tharrak handwraps on my monk, my eardweller on my wizard, my bottle of air, and my ring of feathers.

Quote Originally Posted by LucasMacKinnon View Post
    I have a few. My tharrak handwraps on my monk, my eardweller on my wizard, my bottle of air, and my ring of feathers.
    I almost wrote Bottle of Air. I just can't throw it out, the Bottle of Air was one of my first items.

Button of winning.

I keep hoping that someday it will let me win something but it never has.

What is the least useful item in your inventory that you just refuse to get rid of?
    My Wayfinder scepter that I won a few years ago gets dragged out from time to time.

---
    BTW, something that's been bugging me for a while in the Chronicles, the end date for the sales is presented as an item in the sales list. I can't buy a June 22nd, let alone a "through" one.

Get a Boost! Get 25% off:
    • SOVEREIGN XP Elixirs only
    • Treasure Hunter Elixirs
    • GREATER Slayer Boosts only
    • Long Lasting Supreme Ability Potions
    • Through June 22nd!
    It should probobly be in that first line - ex. "Get a Boost, now though June 22nd! Get 25% off:"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Pshaw, when have we ever done something like that before. DDO is bug free, I assure you.
    That's not lag, it's just DDO trying to become turn-based again.

I still carry around the d20 from the Anniversary with the Cards. I am such a goof.
    Sophie the Cat Burglar - Creator, Dreamer, Explorer - Happy yet Sad - Seeker of Beauty and Wonder

Calliphor's Phylactery...
    There is literally no reason to even have the thing, but there's just something about the idea of carrying around the phylactery of a lich that makes me unable to just get rid of it, haha.

EDIT: Orrrr, at least I used to.. on more than one character. But I just checked the ones that would have it, and it seems to be gone now. ******!
    Guess I'll change my answer to Murlynd's Spoon.
    Last edited by ThomasMink; 06-15-2018 at 12:16 PM.
    "Everybody's got a price" - 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase

Founder's Helm, Brooch of Water Breathing, and the Amulet of Natural Armor.

The Twilight Avengers are always recruiting - http://twilightavengersofeberron.yuku.com/topic/655

Hero, Mo Bro H'ro, & MB Super-H'ro ComicRelief's Avatar

Default Weekly Question

*Ahem* The magical D20 that should be able to be placed back in the bag from whence it came, especially now that there is no foreseeable future plans to ever use it again, but was made UN-bagable and UN-bankable (thanks, dupers - you're the reason we can't have nice things), so it just sits there effectively reducing my backpack space - permanently - by one, despite many pleads to re-enable the bagability as it was originally INTENDED (and originally worked), even though I realize there are "more important things" that "need" to be worked on.

*Steps off soap box*

*SIGH*
    "...At least it tells us they understand our language; they're just not willing to speak to us in it. -Who knew they were French?"

I carry so many things with me to be honest but the one that's usually the worst is my eternal flask of heroism. That is not to say I don't use it, but it's btc and after about level 7 it does nothing but take up space
    Social Justice W...arlock (5e toon)
    OkarisRage, big fat purple wolf (because no need to be a bear with the new epic defensive fighting feat-getting past lives of druid and pdk so my artificer is better <3)

Community Member

Default What is the least useful item in your inventory that you just refuse to get rid of?

Raise Dead scrolls when I have resurrection scrolls. You know, just in case (of what, I have no idea).

Magical D20. It serves no purpose but it looks neat. I still want an orb cosmetic that looks like this:

Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

The Bubble Belt, I only carry it around for its name alone. I find it rather amusing.

The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council

At least one (and I believe a few) of my characters have a Spotted Wolf Pup certificate which they can't redeem. That's pretty darned useless. I still lug around the Phiarlan trinket even though I virtually never use it (the 40% runspeed from the ship is generally enough for me, but I do sometimes hit it during Night Revels or Crystal Cove when farming the public areas.)
    "Ignorance killed the cat, sir; curiosity was framed."
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

Last edited by Nissebror; 06-15-2018 at 01:24 PM.

Wyoh's soulstone

Traveler of the Skies Frogger1234's Avatar

I still have an Ogre Khan's Skull. I keep it mainly because no one else can get one any more.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast