Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 61 to 74 of 74
  1. #61
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lyrecono View Post
    Hahahahahahaha, i'm wondering if the game has enough whales to make this worthwille. Poor ssg. XD

    I won't bother with them, going from a 120 to a 121 str means jack **** inendgame (reaper or not) beatin on huge hp sacks bores me to tears, back in the day it mattered because as a dps melee you could make an impact and those stats mattered, going from 39 to a 40 was a worthwille investment.

    I'll wait untill my other 2 mains are out of the racial tr cycle before i even consider looking at +8 tomes, i already have +7 all around the board.
    The +8's don't work in heroics anyway. And suprisingly, thats where the more ballanced and fun content is located these days, at least there the tr/gear effort and tomes make a meaningfull impact on a melee.
    At least it doesn't make me feel i'm wielding a wet noodle at LE sorjec on a non tank specked melee.

    I'm glad ssg did this, the community realy needed an even bigger power gap.
    personally i bought a +8 wis upgrade tome for 1295 tp for my cleric and a +8 wis tome and +8 con tome for my monk
    didnt buy ddo points just used what i had saved from vip
    Main:- Clerivast - 3rd life - 30 Cleric, Alt:- Aobhiel - 3rd life - 30, 12 Monk , 6 Ranger, 2 Fighter
    Alt:- Vastano 3rd life 30 Monk
    Member of Imperial Assassins of Argo.

  2. #62
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    North of Boston
    Posts
    177

    Default

    Looking at the price of supreme tomes vs price supreme upgrade tomes it is clear that there is an error in pricing on the top of the line +8 supreme tomes/+8 supreme upgrade tomes. Keeping in mind that these are the current top of the line tomes, the upgrade tome seems to be appropriately price, with a significant "I'm new and I'm the best" premium price uptick from the +7 supreme upgrade tome. However, the +8 (non-upgrade) supreme tome seems to be significantly underpriced, with no premium price uptick from the +7 tome. I would recommend this pricing error be corrected immediately and the full +8 supreme tome price be increased.

    (Ducking for cover, hiding out until the next boat to Sharn.)
    The blinking Drooam "backpack" is NOT a party buff. But its fun to say it is.

  3. #63
    Community Member Stoner81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,029

    Default

    Just bought the upgrade tomes for my main, I do agree that the pricing of them is outright stupid especially for the upgrade ones but it's SSG's sand pit they can do whatever they like.

    Stoner81.

  4. #64
    Community Member Chai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, birthplace of D&D
    Posts
    25,303

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vms4ever View Post
    Looking at the price of supreme tomes vs price supreme upgrade tomes it is clear that there is an error in pricing on the top of the line +8 supreme tomes/+8 supreme upgrade tomes. Keeping in mind that these are the current top of the line tomes, the upgrade tome seems to be appropriately price, with a significant "I'm new and I'm the best" premium price uptick from the +7 supreme upgrade tome. However, the +8 (non-upgrade) supreme tome seems to be significantly underpriced, with no premium price uptick from the +7 tome. I would recommend this pricing error be corrected immediately and the full +8 supreme tome price be increased.

    (Ducking for cover, hiding out until the next boat to Sharn.)
    Thats not an error. Its called "seeding the market."

    Let the customers buy into the system at a price that is a discount compared to buying each tome separately, then charge them the full upgrade price every iteration after that.

  5. #65
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    10,535

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vms4ever View Post
    Looking at the price of supreme tomes vs price supreme upgrade tomes it is clear that there is an error in pricing on the top of the line +8 supreme tomes/+8 supreme upgrade tomes. Keeping in mind that these are the current top of the line tomes, the upgrade tome seems to be appropriately price, with a significant "I'm new and I'm the best" premium price uptick from the +7 supreme upgrade tome. However, the +8 (non-upgrade) supreme tome seems to be significantly underpriced, with no premium price uptick from the +7 tome. I would recommend this pricing error be corrected immediately and the full +8 supreme tome price be increased.

    (Ducking for cover, hiding out until the next boat to Sharn.)
    They've been narrowing the gap between upgrade and full tome for quite some time. I doubt it is accidental. It probably means a large chunk of tome sales are upgrades.

    The irony is with racial TR added and the reaper tree silliness 1 stat point has never been less important, but I predict it will sell well simply because there are enough people that want everything and the drop rate in-game is awful. And of course the next release will add +1 to stats somewhere so the combo of the new item + tome upgrade adds 2.

    Besides the fact that so many people are complaining specifically about the upgrade tome shows it's something people are interested in.
    Last edited by slarden; 06-17-2018 at 06:15 AM.

  6. #66
    Community Member OrodelaSol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    190

    Default Just making room for 10+ tomes...

    It's good business for SSG. they track who buys what and when and clearly had discovered that enough folks who bought the +7 supreme tome will want the +8 badly enough to buy the upgrade. ill wait, i bought the +7 after having sat at +3s n 4s from looted, ah tomes for years and now ill wait til they have +10s. just a matter of time...what else am i gonna do with my vip accumulated points?
    Khyberite

  7. #67
    Community Member gaxpar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    407

    Default Good business?

    Quote Originally Posted by OrodelaSol View Post
    It's good business for SSG. they track who buys what and when and clearly had discovered that enough folks who bought the +7 supreme tome will want the +8 badly enough to buy the upgrade. ill wait, i bought the +7 after having sat at +3s n 4s from looted, ah tomes for years and now ill wait til they have +10s. just a matter of time...what else am i gonna do with my vip accumulated points?
    So just to make sure i get your point, your saying its good business to be milking your few customers of a shaky startup company , to milk them even more than the most successful company in the world right now ? ( apple ) Instead of trying to have affordable minimal profit margin good deals for your customers and high volume , a la walmart and amazon .

    Yah i guess your right they cant really learn anything from apple or walmart or amazon ,who'd want to copy a business model that hasn't proven anything yet ...

    Good business indeed not sure from which business school but hey if you say so ill take your word .

    Imho opinion the fact that the return between a tome upgrade is like in terms of % what 7 % approx and an i phone gives you a return of about 60 % from previous iterations so its like 7.5 times more expensive to upgrade your supreme tome in SSG 'S DDO than to upgrade an iphone 8 to 10 is ludicrous ,bad business , a failure of epic proportions when everything is considered .

    Definitely feels like a ripoff even more so when you put pixels versus tangible iphone and you value pixels 7.5 times more than an iphone upgrade ... The buyers are well rich or very ill advised .
    Gaxpar 16 Fighter ----Tyeszu 16 Wizard -----Libertas 16 Sorcerer----Skalpel 16 Cleric----Zafe 16 Rogue Hybrid----Maiesta 16 Bard------- Attila 16 Barbarian----- Sziegmund 16 Cleric -----Magnetz 16 Intim Fighter Hybrid-----Execute 16 Ranger

  8. #68
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    10,535

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gaxpar View Post
    So just to make sure i get your point, your saying its good business to be milking your few customers of a shaky startup company , to milk them even more than the most successful company in the world right now ?
    You must have missed it, but with the introduction of reaper (grind 1) and racial tr (grind 2) it became very apparent that SSG's approach with DDO is to milk whatever revenue they can out of the existing player base until the game closes.

  9. #69
    Community Member Chai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, birthplace of D&D
    Posts
    25,303

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gaxpar View Post
    So just to make sure i get your point, your saying its good business to be milking your few customers of a shaky startup company , to milk them even more than the most successful company in the world right now ? ( apple ) Instead of trying to have affordable minimal profit margin good deals for your customers and high volume , a la walmart and amazon .
    DDO doesnt have the high volume option. They purposely chose to unhitch their revenue plan from being congruent with headcount and hitched it to a much smaller market audience who spends exponentially more money than the average player.

    Whether its good business or not currently, cant say - but I can say it does have an expiration date.

  10. #70
    Community Member Lagin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gaxpar View Post
    a shaky startup company ,.
    Show me the link of your official write up, your company's website, and the journal you publish in.

    I want to learn from a GAMER what defines a shaky start-up company.

    *edited so I don't get another warning for calling out cow pie posts like this*

  11. #71
    Community Member gaxpar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    407

    Default Fell free to click all the links in there

    Quote Originally Posted by Lagin View Post
    Show me the link of your official write up, your company's website, and the journal you publish in.

    I want to learn from a GAMER what defines a shaky start-up company.

    *edited so I don't get another warning for calling out cow pie posts like this*

    So are you saying that its a solid corporations , with solid financial roots ? Well since you asked theres many more but heres just one article with many links .

    http://massivelyop.com/2018/04/25/da...t-the-company/

    When higher ups are leaving its rarely a sign of a thriving ,blooming company , there are investigations and the whole thing smells fishy and looks really bad just from an optics perspective .

    Feel free to read up on it .

    Now if in your opinion all these links, articles and news , regarding daybreak and obviously SSG since their tied at the hip , are smelling like roses and not fishy and everything is fine . Then you're entitled to your opinion ive played with you years ago,always respected you on the forums or in game ,but on this one my friend lets just agree to disagree .

    I say its not a solid company and with investigations like this you know where it starts and dont know where it ends . Just look at players on the server if you think having 200 people online at 8 eastern on a server is great for an MMO than you must try other mmos .

    You wanna say that ssg is a solid deep pocketed corporation , that can withstand a few storms or even one because they make a lot of dough , and have a lot put away i say i highly doubt it . Google ssg its hard to find anything concrete number wise .

    Anyway thank you for reading and sharing and no hard feelings .

    P.S. If you think wallstreet are talking about ssg being the next thing then be my guest and educate me , because apple has been there is there and most likely will be there , so to justify a lesser return and a higher cost on a loyal customer improving an older version of your product on a supreme tome versus and iphone is impossible to justify however you wanna slice it .
    Last edited by gaxpar; 06-17-2018 at 08:43 PM.
    Gaxpar 16 Fighter ----Tyeszu 16 Wizard -----Libertas 16 Sorcerer----Skalpel 16 Cleric----Zafe 16 Rogue Hybrid----Maiesta 16 Bard------- Attila 16 Barbarian----- Sziegmund 16 Cleric -----Magnetz 16 Intim Fighter Hybrid-----Execute 16 Ranger

  12. #72
    Community Member gaxpar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    407

    Default Was there anything else you disagreed with ?

    Quote Originally Posted by gaxpar View Post
    So just to make sure i get your point, your saying its good business to be milking your few customers of a shaky startup company , to milk them even more than the most successful company in the world right now ? ( apple ) Instead of trying to have affordable minimal profit margin good deals for your customers and high volume , a la walmart and amazon .

    Yah i guess your right they cant really learn anything from apple or walmart or amazon ,who'd want to copy a business model that hasn't proven anything yet ...

    Good business indeed not sure from which business school but hey if you say so ill take your word .

    Imho opinion the fact that the return between a tome upgrade is like in terms of % what 7 % approx and an i phone gives you a return of about 60 % from previous iterations so its like 7.5 times more expensive to upgrade your supreme tome in SSG 'S DDO than to upgrade an iphone 8 to 10 is ludicrous ,bad business , a failure of epic proportions when everything is considered .

    Definitely feels like a ripoff even more so when you put pixels versus tangible iphone and you value pixels 7.5 times more than an iphone upgrade ... The buyers are well rich or very ill advised .

    How long has SSG existed ?

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Startup_company

    Does it not fit the startup company by your definition ? Whos the money behind SSG .

    The fact that you get almost 8 times a better return on an older iteration of an IPHONE VERSUS a SUPREME TOME bothered you less than the fact i qualified ssg of a shaky startup company ? really ?

    My numbers dont make sense to you or do they and if they do how can you justify the price of the tome by any marketing standard ?

    Come on lagin , you think its ok ? i dont, and it bothers me as a customer, and thats what i expressed here , with numbers to back my disappointment and to justify the feeling of being ripped off .

    Anyway bed time thank you and have fun bud
    Gaxpar 16 Fighter ----Tyeszu 16 Wizard -----Libertas 16 Sorcerer----Skalpel 16 Cleric----Zafe 16 Rogue Hybrid----Maiesta 16 Bard------- Attila 16 Barbarian----- Sziegmund 16 Cleric -----Magnetz 16 Intim Fighter Hybrid-----Execute 16 Ranger

  13. #73
    Community Member Lagin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gaxpar View Post
    So are you saying
    Now if in your opinion
    Then you're entitled to your opinion
    You wanna say
    P.S. If you think .
    One of the reasons Im trying not to post anymore on the forums is this.


    It bothers me to no end when people tell me what I think.


    As I said YOU don't have the background, nor the resources to state ANY kind of opinion of a company that you know nada about. Sure you can read some published material, but what do you really know? Making broad generic statements about pricing without detailed info for SSG's price structure is clutching at straws. I'd leave it alone.

    We know you're not happy. Don't make statements you don't "own"

  14. #74
    Community Member lyrecono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,684

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    They've been narrowing the gap between upgrade and full tome for quite some time. I doubt it is accidental. It probably means a large chunk of tome sales are upgrades.

    The irony is with racial TR added and the reaper tree silliness 1 stat point has never been less important, but I predict it will sell well simply because there are enough people that want everything and the drop rate in-game is awful. And of course the next release will add +1 to stats somewhere so the combo of the new item + tome upgrade adds 2.

    Besides the fact that so many people are complaining specifically about the upgrade tome shows it's something people are interested in.
    It isn't an accident. When i do raids or racial lives, all i see is toons with completionist and plenty of tomes aplied, at least +5 on their main stats. Due to the insane time sink, people tend to run less toons, meaning less tomes.are bought for said toons.
    I used to have a stable of first to 3rd lifers who did nothing but shroud farming(with +3 tomes), i can' t keep the same numbers of toons at cap for elite or reaper farming for stradh and baba. I don' t have the time or will to do build and gear those toons to preform as wel as they did in heroic shroud all thos years ago.
    Now, instead of 18, i have 3 toons that could use tomes.
    This is why i assume upgrade tomes are selling so well, its the catagory of toons that still get played the most that could use them.
    Less sales==> more money asked to compensate.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload