Community Member

Default Opt-out for Mimic Event

There should be a button on the quest intro menu that allows the party leader to opt the quest out of the mimic event. A vast majority of players hate it and the rewards suck, so it's just a waste of time for people that actually open chests.

Community Member SpartanKiller13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KaladorUK View Post
    There should be a button on the quest intro menu that allows the party leader to opt the quest out of the mimic event. A vast majority of players hate it and the rewards suck, so it's just a waste of time for people that actually open chests.
    You can buy mimic repellent lol. Since it only matters as to who's opening the chest, you can easily rotate who's on the potion (and thus opening chests) and totally avoid it.

Personally I think it's pretty funny, and I generally don't turn down free stuff.

I wish the rewards were a little cheaper, but they're not bad for heroic stuff. A HP booster, a social booster, and a stat stick cloak? I'm not saying slot them at level 28, but like for a ML4 piece of gear they're pretty solid. Especially the cloak, I've heard a lot of good things about Sticky Goo Guard.

-Khysiria of Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    When it comes right down to it, a Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorcerer. You give up some of the damage and self sustain from being a Sorc for the advantage of being able to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.

You can turn it off by visiting the Hall of Heroes. We get about one UI change every three years here, so I think I'll pass on using that on a mimic hunt opt-out.
    Sabathal and Sabbathiel of Sarlona

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SerPounce View Post
    You can turn it off by visiting the Hall of Heroes. We get about one UI change every three years here, so I think I'll pass on using that on a mimic hunt opt-out.
    If that's the case the next UI change definitely needs to be a reversal of the stupid public party UI. That **** is completely useless and bugs the LFM screen almost every time someone accidentally uses it.

Community Member

If that's the case the next UI change definitely needs to be a reversal of the stupid public party UI. That **** is completely useless and bugs the LFM screen almost every time someone accidentally uses it.
    Public parties are great for people running into a wilderness area, opening up a public party, and letting other join their party and using that account as an elite opener.

And I'm sure for other legitimate uses.

Community Member

... and the rewards suck...
    This!

Why even have an event if your going to have useless items as rewards. People may actually like it if there were reasonable trades.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by skaught78 View Post
    This!

Why even have an event if your going to have useless items as rewards. People may actually like it if there were reasonable trades.
    The mimic cloak is awesome. The Goo Guard fires a ton, (and works on reapers), and DR10 at level 16 is a big step up. Not to mention DR5 from level 4 to 15.

EDIT: the other stuff is not worth getting though unless you want a fairly weak social skills item that can consolidate three separate Cannith items.
    Last edited by bracelet; 06-14-2018 at 03:17 PM.

Cool

I did not realize that you were the vast majority of players, wow thanks for speaking for us.... :P

Actually I like the event I think it adds a bit of fun to the game, and the items are not bad, I definitely like the cloak lots of fun with the goo guard!

Enjoy and pick the opt out if you don't like mimics

Community Member

A vast majority of players hate it
    Speak for yourself! I love the mimics and wish there were a small chance for a chest to turn into a mimic ALL the time. Say 1-2% outside of the mimic hunt, and bump that up to 33%+ during the hunt itself.

Vast majority? What stats are you using to make that claim? Everyone I know loves the mimic event. To me the mimic hunt is my favorite event. And the rewards are awesome. I love the belt and have one for almost every level that exists for them. A lot of hp's and it also stacks with anything that has vitality, since the belt has no vitality bonus to hp's.

Love the event, love the items, plan to get more of the latter this time around.

However, the vast majority of players DO laugh at anyone who makes claims like that for them. Or this, possibly, as well.

Community Member

I like the event.

I love the event. Though it was more fun when it first came and the mimics were murder machines. The first one was one of the funniest near-wipes I've seen in years (you never really wipe on a simple fight these days with jibbers and such).

To each their own, but I really don't understand how you can be a D&D fan and not love the idea of treasure chests chasing hapless adventures around after the big boss fight.

The items are IMO kind of lame though. Would have preferred clickies/consumables/cosmetics/etc than mediocre leveling gear that not's worth redoing your CC stuff for.
    Sabathal and Sabbathiel of Sarlona

I love the event as well. My wife and I usually farm it excessively.
    Might get another coin pet but will probably just fill in the upper level gaps I still have for the necklaces.
    I guess we are not getting the guild ship fun this time around. That was pretty hilarious.
    Originally Posted by grodon9999
    "I'm beginning to think a lot of people play this game because it's cheaper than paying for a Dominatrix."
    Disciplines Disciples - 42 Alts on Khyber and counting

I don't farm anything just play as usual but I really enjoy the mimic event and you can count me in the camp of those who wish for a small chance for any chest to be a mimic all year round.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd